It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm usually pretty wary of UFO footage, but this footage I found amazing!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I can't see the car/bike thing..
These things go horizontal a good way across the range. You're telling me there are no turns ? and why do they fade at a constant rate. Either you see the lights or you don't on a vehicle. Unless of course these vehicles have dimer switches on the lights. 300+ mph on a mountain road that doesn't even exist.. talk about thrill seeking.

Hangliders? bah..

Jets/ planes? refer to the dimmer switches and the stop/go motion.

sound is consistent so unless the sound was added, it's not time lapsed.

real..

Volcano - cool stuff there.

b

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
did you see this?
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The first video was discussed here long time ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In that thread even you can read the very person that filmed that video, invited by me from Youtube.

The second one, over the volcano... I mean, being not CGI, then that thing isn't not from this world...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Once again we have an interesting video and divided opinion. Until such time as we have THE definitive video we will continue to be on the periphery of public opinion, right up there with people who watch Paranormal State or Ghost Hunters.
Our struggle is weeding out the hoaxsters and applying objective, Occam's Razor type logic to every video, audio, etc. If that was done by all the various groups as a whole, then the subject credibility would be high.
Let's face it, everything we believe to know about UFO's (by 'we' I mean ATS members) and their interactions with governments would cause major world changes. It would end industries, people would lose jobs, governments would be overthrown. There are many, very powerful, entities that are deeply vested in keeping this secret. The fact they can keep this off the public radar as often as they do tells you how strong they are.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
As stated in OP, I'm very wary of this type footage esp. when there is a terrestrial backdrop. What I like about this one is towards the end the object shows itself to not be a skydiver.(silly human) It shows some rather unlikely aerobatic ability. I'm no expert, but the trees moving in the foreground remind me of the fake Haitian footage. Furthermore, if you listen, the audio seems to anticipate the behavior, i.e. voice-over

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
cars on mountainside roads should satisfy the non believers. very interesting find. otherwise, not enough for me to shout that i finally found a 100% believable proof.

the santiago video (2 post above) is a better video IMO.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I still say sky divers . Heres some perspective in day time.

Yes this is a land launch from Santiago Chile. If you start it about 1:00 in you will see were they launch from. On land in a clearing and skim the side of the mountain. Making sky divers a bit believable i would say.

Heres some more from this popular land launch. Which would make a great place to hoax a ufo .
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
They even have a makeshif runway .
www.youtube.com...
Imposible? not quite
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Mindless]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Skydivers, cars, UFO's. It's great stuff for us to debate, but it's meaningless to the masses. Until we get someone with the definitive proof, and that person can share it before it gets pulled, we'll continue to be the fringe players.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I am not dissing this video just in case it is real, but when I have took film of something strange in the sky, I usually zoom in at full zoom for a few seconds at least, the person taking this shot starts to zoom in then pulls back, just thought it was natural reaction to zoom a lot when trying to focus things, maybe not? but just a thought.
And the volkino (sorry couldnt help it) film at the end, no zoom is being used at at all.

Think I would at least try and get a closer look at the object, for a few seconds.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindless

please stop with the skydiving thing...
I've been skydiving myself, and watched many a video of skydivers...
Yes they do seem to suspend... when the camera is above and below them...
The mountain is a great source of reference to debunk the skydiving explanation.
because skydivers are ascending, you would be able to them heading toward the ground, but they stay at the exact same point until its their turn to flee...

i didn't think i would have to explain how gravity works but you never know what to expect from people I guess.

If i were to give a none UFO explanation, i would at least go with cars on the mountain with really bright lights... but I dont think those are skydivers...

thats my 2 cents...

good video though!

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

they stay at the exact same point until its their turn to flee...

Almost like there lining up to jump off a cliff eh?

No offense but nothing in that video says there moving up. The video is shot from below . So if they are moving at you they would appear to be moving up as the background perspective changes. Watch it they line up on the ridge as shown in the vids i posted , And jump one by one skimming the edge of the mountain and keeping around the same height.

Obviously you haven't researched these para gliders in Santiago. :/

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindless

i have to ask, are you serious? do you truly believe the sky diver (you probably are referring to para-sailing) thing?

If you really believe it, rather than just making the claim tell us why. What is it precisely that makes you think "Parachute"?

If you do believe it, fine. I do not want to be rude to you, but I find it so hard to believe. Furthermore when I look at the footage I see NOTHING that is reminiscent of para-sailing.

I lived in Telluride Colorado for several months a few years back and I saw many para-sailers. There is nothing in these videos that reminded me of this.

So it would be most helpful if you could offer a detailed explanation of your theory.

Salutations

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'm with animal on this one..I would love to know when paragliders travel at speeds of a minimun of 300 m.p.h sideways, in an almost flat trajectory, and still retain control over their chute.. Not only that but do it, one after another, in almost a perfect formation...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Thanks Firemoon "paraglider" was the term I was searching for.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'm surprised more of you aren't discussing the second part of that video involving the erupting volcano. The object seen in this section is much more interesting and in my opinion more difficult to debunk.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Enzo954

Agreed, the second part is pretty striking. The movement of the object, especially its momentary stop above and right of the volcano was amazing.

I am no expert so I don't know what the possible debunking this footage could face but it has me convinced.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irma

Originally posted by The Universal Mind
There are two or what look to be, two objects on the ground infront of the volcano, moving around all crazy-like.

Anyone else see this?

View the vid in full screen. It's the tips of a couple of leaves reflecting light.

If it is light reflecting off plant leaves, then why do they move so very different from the rest of the plant leaves, which move together? When all the plants get blown by the wind, they all blow one way, while those objects (which look like people with white heads) move in the opposite direction.

I don't know how to save a frame from a video as a picture, but if I did, I would add light to it in an editor of some kind. Wait a sec...maybe I do..

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
At first I thought it was cars, but it's too well timed, and choreographed(sp?) imo, plus there's no roads up there, let alot a perfectly straight one.

I wish he woulda zoomed in and shot the 2nd part a bit longer when they were tightly bunched together, and started rising, he zoomed in at one point, and I was like whoa, maybe we'll see something now, then it was like he was afraid and immediately zoomed out, and stopped taping.

The volcano scene is awesome imo. Although easily done with CGI, I would imgagine, it just has a real feel to it. I love when they stop on dimes and make right angle turns at high speeds. It reminds me of that famous video, also probably my favorite UFO video of all time, where that orb/light/ ducks behind the clouds, then pops out again, then ducks back behind them, like peek-a-boo. Love that one.

Anyhow great find Doc. Starred and Flagged.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Glow in the dark pigeons.

-Jimmy

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by colz2000
I am not dissing this video just in case it is real, but when I have took film of something strange in the sky, I usually zoom in at full zoom for a few seconds at least, the person taking this shot starts to zoom in then pulls back, just thought it was natural reaction to zoom a lot when trying to focus things, maybe not? but just a thought.
And the volkino (sorry couldnt help it) film at the end, no zoom is being used at at all.

Think I would at least try and get a closer look at the object, for a few seconds.

It looks to me as though the person taking the video is ALREADY fully zoomed .
I think you see the video zoom out just because they ARE trying to possibly see more or grab more but quickly zooms back in to the full zoom. So imo, they are doing exactly what you say you would do.

edited to comment on the second part of the first video and where it cuts off:-- I'm not sure if the full video cuts off there or not. But in a presentation sense the lights would seem to keep going above the mountain line so as a presenter I would also cut the vid off at that point because the lights would start to blend in with the sky. Why keep playing the video for the crowd when it becomes hard to see and obviously much more needed to be discussed in the conference.

b

[edit on 25-1-2008 by Bspiracy]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join