It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Humanoid Figure confirmed??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
Anybody know of a push for funds coming up?

I think there's a budget review not too far off. Anyway, the NASA/JPL folks occasionally like to throw stuff out like this to entertain people and remind them that they're still working. After several years of Mars images mostly of dull and boring sand and rocks, though, people are generally uninterested.

I remember the same thing about the Moon landings. It was all very thrilling for a while, but people got bored with it pretty fast. Believe it or not, science is still mostly of interest to nerds, and the majority of people only care if it can allow them to watch football in high-def. People will spend a lot more on football than pictures of dumb Mars rocks any day.

And I sometimes think this would be the case even if NASA discovered alien life. People would be thrilled for a while, then get bored. Unless they discovered life that could play football!

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Well,,, then 'pareidolia' - can be thanked for NASA webpages experiencing quite an accelaration in visitors. And it isn't just a bunch of people 'seeing rabbits' in the clouds, either. Believers and skeptics alike - are bombarding this story. Seems like a bit of a 'broad-stroke' comment - to say 'that's all there is.' Many, many people do NOT believe in UFOs - yet 99.9% of the human race knows what a flying saucer is.

Just my opinion... Whatever is the true cause of this 'study' - it continues to be a bit of a phenomenon - and high entertainment - for the time being. And... the story continues. Make sure to check for 'updates.'

jb

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
it is so nice to read a thread without all the arguing and name calling

i have looked at this pic from the start and i cannot understand why they shown it to the public, even if it is just a rock or 2.

they must have known it would be headline news so if it is a rock and they know it, why release a picture that is gonna get shown all over the world and be debated about for months.

its like NASA want people to debate this, everybody gets all worked up "NASA has found a figure on mars, ohhh wait, hang on, its just a few rocks, sorry"

maybe i am reading to far between the lines but maybe this is NASAs way of getting ready to tell us the truth.

everybody gets worked up and a lot of people are saying "OMG there is life on mars" just to be told it is a trick of the camera.
a few months down the line, NASA then releases another pic proving beyound doubt that there is/was life on mars

well thats what i am hoping for

JOHN, great website

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnbro

And don't you think that saying "99.9% of the human race knows what a flying saucer is" is a bit of a 'broad-stroke' comment?

It's easy to make such comments...

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hey, Chickenfeet.

Thanks so much. Glad you found it atleast entertaining.

In answer to your question... maybe NASA benefits from the attention as well. Millions are looking at this... from both sides of the debate.

jb.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
img220.imageshack.us...

I still think THIS is even more interesting! Looks like a small creature being chased by larger white one (from the right). Try magnifying the image to 200%

Maybe some current Martian life-forms consist of burrowing creatures that come up to the surface to sun (and hunt)in the Martian noon? Look to the left of the "dust plume" also. How many other "rocks" in this pic have what could be considered eyes? I count 4.......
Look at the "white or snow colored" rocks in this scene closely. Also, at 4:00 of the circle, could that be tracks or 'slither marks"in the sand? Unlike the more sandy areas in the picture, these marks lead directly to the rock formation, and are the only ones in that immediate vicinity, so it doesn't seem likely they're windblown sand. Someone mentioned the "plume " was a split rock; though on closer examination I am able to see thru it, as a dust plume would act.
Look very closely at this picture and tell me what YOU think.....

[edit on 30-1-2008 by Yknot]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Hey, ArmP.

I guess its just about arguing, eh?? Really... do you know of anyone... that has never heard of a 'flying saucer?'

**sigh**

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
It could also be NASA's way of getting support for some massive funding for a Mars Expedition.

Anybody know of a push for funds coming up?

Yeah! Just tell Dubya and the neo-cons that there's plenty of oil up there for grabs!!

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by goodtogo
Given the temperature of Mars, I find it hard to believe that the photo is of a living being.

Aren't high temps on the Martian equator near 80 degrees Fahrenheit?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
not completely familiar with the temp on mars...that comment was just off the top of my head...i'm open to all possibilities until there is UNDENIABLE proof...i'll have to research my assumption....thanks for the thought provoking comment....

upon further research, on the day side of the summer pole the temperature does in fact reach 80 farenheit, but it drops well below zero degrees farenheit once the sun sets, so i suggest having fun in sun but get out of dodge when the sun set

[edit on 31-1-2008 by goodtogo]

[edit on 31-1-2008 by goodtogo]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnbro

It's not really about arguing (although I can do that easily
), it's about accuracy and "broad-stroke" comments.

When you say that "99.9% know about flying-saucers" aren't you forgetting the millions of people that never saw one and, because of their economical status, do not have access to information, or, even when they can have access to that information, they do not know how to read it?

I know that for someone living in a urban area of even a moderately advanced country is easy to forget about those people that do not share our luck in having a decent and easy way of life.

Do you think that 99.9% of the people from Africa, for example, know about flying-saucers?

My post was meant to show how easy it is to make such "broad-stroke" comments, because your own comment forgot about millions and millions of people, unless you are really convinced that all those people (children included, right?) know about flying-saucers.

PS: I don't know if I know anyone that never heard about flying-saucers because I do not ask that to all people I know, although I am convinced that all people I know (all living in the biggest urban area of Portugal) have heard or read about them.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
ArmaP -

You remain a constant... in an ever-changing universe.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Have seen the webpage & then went to original image / huge file. Seems some of the pixels on the original don't match the rest of the image. Looks like this little mars dude was pasted in there. I did see the eyes in the original but could not get all of the detail of X2 image. I dont think that mars pictures are real to begin with.

It was fund and interesting to see. thx

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hirogen

That large panorama is not the original, it was made with many images, each one of those images was made with three images from three different filters.

The images used to make the image with the "Mars dude" are these:
Filter 2
Filter 5
Filter 7

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I think you mean, Mars dudette.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
More updates just posted.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
i remember listening to John Lear being interviewed on Coast to Coast (actually how i found out about ATS)... and a woman called in and asked Lear "what was happening on Mars in the 70's" and John said, "I don't know, what was happening on Mars in the 70's?" ... she then went on to describe how she was working at NASA monitoring Viking images and while watching a monitor suddenly saw a humun figure walk into frame. She said everyone in the room saw it and turned and looked at each other and then the screens went blank. She went on to say she ran upstairs to the main monitoring office and they'd taped paper over the window so no one could see in, though she said she could see through a small crack between paper and window and they were watching the screen and there was a human figure on the monitor... she also said it was never mentioned by anyone, other than those in the room with her...

not that coast to coast is the best place to do your research, but the story always stuck with me...

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I think the new update is getting closer to the truth. it seem like a test to me.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I appreciate that, H.

Have put a lot of work into trying to get to the bottom of the many discrepancies that we are recently locating in the Mars rover images.

Will have more up soon...

jb

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnbro

I don't see any discrepancies.

I hope you understand that the images taken from the left camera on the rover show the objects in a slightly different position from those on the images taken with the right camera, that is the idea of having two cameras side by side, to be able to create a 3D view from the different positions of the objects.

That is why some things are not in the same place in the photo from the right camera, that only shows that those things where not at the same distance (and that may show that the "figure" is just one object).

Also, I don't see any characteristic of "cut & paste", and a "cut & paste" job well done would be invisible to anyone that did not knew the original.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join