It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Humanoid Figure confirmed??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I think the Raelians should weigh in on this because I believe it was revealed to their prophet that before trying Earth, the creators first attempted to establish life on two other planets first, but failed.
I think one of these planets was Mars.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Oh, your asking for it now, Ax.

Have read extensively on what it is that you speak of. Interesting story.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Has anyone thought of the idea that this image is just a "bait and trap" operation of the establishment? You know, get us all wound up on how "genuine" it is, when they know it will(after getting media attention, like "the face") be rationally explained and ridiculed in the end. SHE IS A PSY-OP!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
That is absolutely my current stance, EarthD. I am leaning towards 'Social test' or some weird practical joke. But it is serving a purpose - right or wrong - many eyes are upon this subject. And many people are doing searches through many, many of the 'Rover' images. Ultimately, if it is shadows and light - people will learn how to discern this for themselves.

Waiting for the 'punchline' - but won't be holding my breath.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthDweller
Has anyone thought of the idea that this image is just a "bait and trap" operation of the establishment? You know, get us all wound up on how "genuine" it is, when they know it will(after getting media attention, like "the face") be rationally explained and ridiculed in the end. SHE IS A PSY-OP!

I don't think that's plausible, because I know these planetary scientist types. They're a herd of cats - not the tight-lipped, crew-cut obedient-aggressive conspirators you imagine. If someone mucked about with one of their science images, they would know it and they would cry foul.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by disownedsky

Well the thing is that thats the snide part of it... Nobody would need to muck about with anything, it's a matter of interpretation. It is there and it is not there - no matter, to some, if it is 2 inches or not. When it is "revelaed" though, that it is so tiny, many will see the whole matter as evidence of the frail human intellect and the lack of scientifical scpepsis within the "believing" community.

That is why i was so horrified to see so many Ufologists reference to it without this in mind - all happy to see this question go mainstream... It is the ultimate straw man, at least when considering the medium/long range mass psycholgy effects it will have on those that only hear about this in main stream media. Another case-study for those of you that love to make little web-pages showing how "people see rabbits in the clouds".

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
I think the Raelians should weigh in on this because I believe it was revealed to their prophet that before trying Earth, the creators first attempted to establish life on two other planets first, but failed.
I think one of these planets was Mars.

The raelians were infiltrated here in Canada by a local journalist: at the end of the day, all it was :

- A good tax evasion
- A good way to get laid

The guy here in Canada running the Raelian gig got alot of bad press after the report..

Anyhoot, space.com has an article on the Mars sculpture article here

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnbro
Mike... mike... mike.

You take such joy in debunking this little study - ( 'Project' was not referring to 'Mars rock' - anyway. ) But I go through this website - and find some pretty subjective info on posts that you have authored as well.

Whoa!! No joy in debunking this, John! Honestly I would love this to be true. You know that I'm a member of the Martian anomaly fan club!!
But I can't believe this for two reasons:

> NASA ain't that stupid or sloppy in releasing an image that has a Martian sitting on a rock a few meters from the Rover. I'm sure there are processes and procedures adopted in NASA's image processing labs through which all these images are hauled, before they are dumped on the net.

> That 'alien' is just about 8 inches high!! Hmmm...I've heard of pygmy tribes in the Amazon, but 8 inches?

Otherwise, I'm a firm believer in ETs and that Mars may have harbored life a couple of hundred thousand years ago!

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Ha! Mike!!

I am in absolute agreement with you here. ( Must mark this down on my calendar!
)

It is part of my point... that you have made. NASA photo people must have gone over every single pixel of these images. I also think that if one of the humans there did not find the 'figure' in question - that their computers would have. And I also firmly believe that someone there in the photo lab must have had some idea of what a mess this would stir.

So, why would they stoke the fire? And, I am not an expert on their ( NASA/JPL ) business - but do they release and post every single image that 'Rover' fetches?? I just personally wonder - why that image in particular was released - and why was it 'just now' that someone found the little 'figure' resemblances??

I guess I may be labled a 'dark conspiracy theorist' - but if it were not intentional to release an image - that would initially cause a media-frenzy; then ultimately end in frustration and dismissal - one must admit; it would be a good ploy. Over this recent issue, I have seen and experienced much division between formally cohesive peers.

And 'the figure' was not the only 'weird spot' in that particular image. It was my initial intention of posting the pages that started this thread - to show that there is 'indication' - that the 'images' released may very well be 'misrepresentations' - deliberate, or otherwise. Although sometimes 'sensational' in presentation; we were very careful to include 'question marks' after statements... and always made sure to context 'supposedly. alledgedly, resembles - etc.' If a person truly reads the explanations on those pages - declarative statements were vigorously avoided. Please fogive me if I missed one or two. It is a raw and amatuer site.

I realize that it 'proves' absolutely nothing. But I also promise that a lot of hard work - and good intentions went into presenting those speculative examples. This is quite a process of 'trial and error' - and it was about 'thought provoking.' In addition, there are absolutely no related products that we are attempting to sell.

If people are unclear as to what I am referring; please have another look at the hyper-link. But it is my current opinion - that:

'The Rover wears no clothes'

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by senshido

Anyhoot, space.com has an article on the Mars sculpture article here

The latest seti@home podcast discusses this Spirit picture..as with all AWA (are We Alone) podcast it is always interesting

podcast.seti.org...

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Funny how it just looks like a standard rock formation when it's upside down.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
More updates have been uploaded.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnbro

Hey John! Just checked out your site for the updates and found an interesting similarity of that object in space with the one in the thread here...

What do you say?

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Thank you, Mr. Mike.

I just looked at ISS imagery. Very cool. And have made certain that, this time - the images were not run through filters. This story could take a number of twists and turns along the way. True correlations or not; I continue to find it interesting. And I wonder - 'where do the dots connect?'

Will keep you updated.

jb

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think NASA released this photo because they probably thought,

"Surely there is no one on Earth that is gonna mistake this funny rock or shadow or whatever for an actual Alien,are they"?

Don't get me wrong,I would love it if actual Alien life was finally confirmed,but i seriously doubt that this is the proof we have been looking for.

Finally i have got to say that i have been highly impressed by the posters for both sides of the argument,and the conviction they are all showing whilst trying to prove/disprove their respective cases.

Keep up the good work.That is what makes this site so appealling.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Given the temperature of Mars, I find it hard to believe that the photo is of a living being. Looks like it could be a statue from a previous civilization when Mars was "maybe" habitable. Or, it could just be a rock playing tricks with a brain that has been known to see things as it wants to OR is familiar with. At this time, who knows?

The best way to live life is to be "open" to all possibilities until it is categorically proved, beyond "any" doubt. Question all answers that are given to you...investigate...then come to your own conclusion. At that point you are entitled to your own opinion because you've earned the right, based on "your" research, to feel anyway that you so choose. As long as your opinion doesn't result in physical harm or discriminatory actions to your fellow beings, believe what you want!!!!!!

The world was once flat...everyone agreed...until someone came along and chose not to accept the opinion of the masses, investgated for themselves and researched; only to find out differently, and rewrite the history books.

That's how progress is truly realized....

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
But that is the thing, Scobro.

If NASA thought that 'no one would give it a second look' - they were highly mistaken. I agree with you - the 'figure' image does not constitute 'proof' of any alien life. But it was quite fun to dissect the images.

Anyway... we have gone on to other aspects of this investigation. One would have to of actually had reviewed the link that started this message thread - and observe its progress.

I think that it is human nature - that some feel the need to place themselves ( intellectually, spiritually, etc ) above others. I am not sure if it is insecurity, of 'what have you.' But regardless of which side of the 'Mars images' debate you stand on - it turns out to be a bit of a boon for NASA - as millions are doing a closer review of the rover images.

And I think this is a good thing. Makes interesting threads, as well - like Scobro said.

My best to you... and happy EB hunting.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
P.S. - to 'Goodtogo'

I think that you have stated one of the most mature positions presented on this website.

hear! hear!! It is up to us... to decide for ourselves... what our own opinion is.

IMO

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthDweller

Except that NASA routinely releases ALL of the rover images, and many, many color panoramas, of which this little spur of rock was just a tiny part.

It's just viral pareidolia. That explains everything. No need for any conspiracy whatever to explain everything we know - and have known all along.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by disownedsky]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It could also be NASA's way of getting support for some massive funding for a Mars Expedition. If this caught the fancy, whether it's "real" or not, then NASA could have the support to go take a real look at Mars.

That might explain the release.

Anybody know of a push for funds coming up?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join