It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Humanoid Figure confirmed??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

Well, that "figure" does not look like anything specific to me, although I see why people say it looks like a human figure, but it has the same look as the other rocks around it and a shape that is not that different.

In this image, I copied the "figure" to put it in front of rock and rotated it 20º counter-clock-wise to align (more or less) the striations with those of the rock. After that I resized to 200% to be more visible.

Do you see why I think is just a rock?

And I agree that we need more than these three photos to have a better understanding of this really looks like.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheInfamousOne

If we can not trust NASA why should we even consider this photo as true?

Why not just say that this is just a test to see how many people think this is proof of extra-terrestrial life?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I know I saw on youtube videos from I think it was Richard Hoagland and John Lear that aliens live among us, Hoagland was the one saying theirs a way to tell the difference on whos alien and whos not out of the people who walk among us.

It does seem farfetched to me, but since Technology is no where near what they have, its a possibility, perhaps theirs more answers on earth then anywhere else, this thing looks too much like the bigfoot sighting, Bigfoot an alien? not too farfetched either, I thought the same thing on Chupacabra to. But with this image on Mars, maybe Mars was Planet of the Apes? Sounds crazy, but with Hoagland talking about Aliens living amongst us, theirs that possibility they are the ones creating some of the things we see today, afterall around the 1950s and ironically after the Roswell incident, it seemed technology took off in the last 50-60 years to incredibly heights, more technology being invented then what hundreds of years of any race have ever come to imagine before this time. Maybe some of the stuff we see today is from aliens and we dont know it, Hoagland said George Lucas seemed to have that connection with extraterrestrial like no man before.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
i think maybe it is a rock scultpure made by a alien

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
What I think to, but the question is why does it look so much like the Big Foot photo.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I would like to ask that people who don't think it is so easily explained away with 'cardboard thin sandstone wind-sculture' statement -- that they would take another look at the page with the image that was 'filter processed.'

Mar 'figure' images

I do see where people could make the comparisons to 'Bigfoot' type resemblance - but after applying the '50% lightening' grade - it doesn't at all look like 'Sasquatch' to me. If it IS... 'just a rock' - is a remarkably REMARKABLE humanoid facsimile.

Seems like a headline in itself.

Thanks to some of you -- for not just blasting away - at a well-intentioned examination of something that remains 'weird' - and will most likely live on in the folklore of this genre - for some time to come.

And one of these days.... someone is going to find something that is truely and undeniably phenomenal.

Will keep the updates coming. Saluda.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sarentack

In one of my paintings in 2003 I painted a Bigfoot creatures head from a Mars photo. This should be called Littlefoot because the Sandmarie in this photo is several inches tall. Rik Riley

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Here people obviously see what they want to see, not something that really is there actually.
If you look at the figure, it sure does look like a being of some sort but look more carefully. If you look the surroundings of the figure, you soon notice that the figure itself is the shadow side of a small rock. That's it, no small aliens in Mars.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I have never said that it was an alien - or a statue. Just that there was enough odd 'detail' in the images to continue looking at it. This, IMO - will be a point of contention for a long time to come.

Presently, my opinion is that the image - is either some kind of a 'social test' - or someone is having a good practical joke. There are small details in that image. It is a good likeness. And people will continue to look. That... is just the truth of how it is.

Its all folklore anyways... until someone proves it. Which in all probability - is not likely.

jb

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnbro

I managed to reproduce the effects of the CITY in one of the MARS images. Using different techniques and color overlays. There's definitely a city there.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I think it looks more like a sculpture than anything else. I don't buy the "it's a small rock near the rover" theory. It could have been made from the stones it's near. Would explain why it shares the same texture.

Not saying that's what it is, just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightmare_david
I think it looks more like a sculpture than anything else. I don't buy the "it's a small rock near the rover" theory. It could have been made from the stones it's near. Would explain why it shares the same texture.

Not saying that's what it is, just my opinion.

But if you look at it in 3D you quickly see that it IS close to the rover. You also see how very thin it is, supporting the idea that it's just a cardboard thin piece of sandstone and not an "alien". Here's the stereoimage of the figure taken by spirit derived from the original panoramic photos:

Do the "magic eye" thing of crossing your eyes slightly till the images overlap to see it in 3D.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Basket
Mike will still call it a Tuskin Raider all the same.

Nope!!

I think its nothing more than a play of light and shadow on and of the rocks!
ZG has very nicely enhanced the image and I tried doing the same by hauling it over a few filters. This is what turns up...

Enhancements by ZeroGhost

See? It's nothing but a small rock approx 8 inches in height!! Lilliputian Martians?
Shades of Jonathan Swift's novel Gulliver's Travels, what? Or did he write his darn novel sitting on the edge of a crater in Cydonia??

Cheers!

[edit on 28-1-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Interesting, Project.

Public response is about 50/50 on this subject. I have been told that my 'photoshop' is producing the patterns through 'pixelation.' Oddly, I do not have a 'photoshop' on my computer. All I can do is enlarge the image... and adjust contrast/mid-tones.

It is weird - no matter what 'poo-poo'ers' want to say. I went through countless images - and that specific effect only showed up on that one image. Sure - we can get the 'pixels clumping' on all sorts of files. But the ones that so resembled 'modern architecture' were very few. Is one heck of a coincidence - and proves 'nothing' to most. Yet, it did serve its purpose - as you looked at your own collection of images - and considered the possibilities.

That is all that any of this was intended to do - 'get people to look closer.' I have found 'problems' with quite a number of the NASA/JPL images. It is almost as if they are having a joke on us. The latest images that I posted on the site - to me; show clear indication of 'cut-and-paste.'

I'm not sure about 'Alien Bowling trophies on Mars' - but I do suspect that they ( JPL ) don't want to share with us some of the really cool stuff that they have found. But then, why post the suspect images at all?? I bet we never get the answers. And that... just makes it look like the 'nay-sayers' were right. My feeling is that it has more to do with 'militarization' than 'alien presence.'

I have an email program on the site, if you wish to write me. I would love to see your results.

------

jb

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Ya know this has been bothering me for awhile since I first saw this weeks ago. So far nothing has been mentioned about the other anomalies in this photo. I'm only going to tell you where one of them are and see what the response is. If you want the others than I'll do that also.
In the image if you focus on the area between the left panel of the rover and the middle of it you'll see what appears to be something in the shape of a snake coming out of the soil. I don't know about anyone else but I have never seen a rock formation like this. You tell me.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Mike... mike... mike.

You take such joy in debunking this little study - ( 'Project' was not referring to 'Mars rock' - anyway. ) But I go through this website - and find some pretty subjective info on posts that you have authored as well.

That 'filter analysis' is interesting... and a good one. But I can also find a filter that will make 'the figure' look like a lens-flare - or a 'pixelation issue.' You can find a filter - that will indicate just about anything.

Don't worry - this subject will eventually go by the wayside - such as 'Face on Mars' images - later 'proven' to simply be coincidental shadows on a mountain - "Nothing more." So... the Earth remains safe.
And man remains paralell to God - as the ultimate being in the Universe.

But... I am simply saying; We could produce analysis - and scientific testimony - that would 'shoot down' 99% of any post that was ever made at ATS. And.. please trust this one comment - 'Yours Included.'

This is a study... to lead us to look further. And believe me - if the evidence was just the opposite - and the 'figure' was 'proving to be legitamate' - we would still be in the same situation. So, I just sling it into the pile of UFO stories of lore - and make it into artwork.

It is just grist for the mill, friends. Nothing ever posted up on these websites will ever constitute proof. Unless you're selling a book - you're just a hobbyist. So, please lighten up. Look at the 'Thread title.' It is a question - not a declaration of 'proof.'

And the battle continues....

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'm in contact with someone who has a friend at JPL, the ones who built the Spirit and Opportunity. They have access to raw images from the Martian surface and he got in contact with him, showed him this image and his friend (wont mention his name) wasn't surprised by them. He says its quite common to get images like that and has promised to send my contact some similar images like it.

Will post them here once I get them.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Entity...

If you go back to that link - there is posted images of other oddities in those images as well. Now that the 'figure' has been publically decided to the a '2 inch high cardboard-thin natural sandstone carving' - we can point out a distant horizon feature that truly looks like image tampering. Personally, I am losing trust in any of the JPL image features. More and more - it looks 'hinky' to me. Go have another look. More files being uploaded each day. I think that there is too strong a link between NASA and military. And this current subject is just making fools out of 'both sides' of the issue. Most likely, neither is actually correct.

But... we can still strive. Regardless - this latest debackle has people taking a closer look at the images catalogue from Rovers. In that respect... the experiment is a total success.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
In my opinion it's probably one of the members of the USA's secret space program, from their permanent base on Mars. NASA asked them politely to clear some of the muck from the lens on the rover. Unfortunately the chap who cleaned it couldn't get away in time, or hide quickly enough, before they switched the camera on... lol

I was just reading Mikesingh's secret space program thread, and had this thought which made me giggle

Just an opinion mind you

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Yeah, Mike is a pretty funny guy. I really enjoyed his practical joke... posting supposed UFO images 'from a friend.' Just one laugh after another.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join