It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
reply to post by aaaauroraaaaa

Please... Feel free to enlighten us about what really happened in Russia In 1908 with the Tunguska meteorite, which didn't actually crash into earth?

How is plasma discharge bunk?

Aasteroid 2007 TU24 will pass roughly 560,000 kilometers (330,000 miles) from the Earth on January 29, 2008. A bit far for a plasma discharge, don't you think?

No, our magnetosphere in front of the earth's orbit extends not more than 100,000km. However, it extends 4,000,000 to 7,000,000km at the rear end of our orbit(the path we come from on the orbit around the sun), which is where TU24 will be crossing.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by looofo
I don't buy this plasma discharge thing. In the recent past it has never occurred. Every year we hear of an asteroid passing near earth. Did we ever see or measure a discharge?

how near? name them? how big were they? Was it discovered only 3 months prior to passing?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I bet it will be quite the show when the comet passes by. Ive moved to Saskatchewan and living on the prairies again I hope to have a front row seat lol

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
And compared with the Earth, TU24 is miniscule .... a plasma discharge from it may be enough to fry a AAA battery is it were so precisely directed. Although I doubt it.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by aaaauroraaaaa
are they negitively or positively charged?

It's a small piece of rock. It's not charged at all.
[edit on 20-1-2008 by Essan]

Everything has a charge... even the moon, even asteroids, if there was no charge, gravity would be 0, and there would be no conceivable way to walk on them. Say the asteroid broke off of a negatively charged object, has it had a chance to discharge from where it initially came from? For example, if the moon is simply an ancient piece of earth, it would still have a positive charge because it has not encountered a negatively charged magnetosphere(that I know of)

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

And compared with the Earth, TU24 is miniscule .... a plasma discharge from it may be enough to fry a AAA battery is it were so precisely directed. Although I doubt it.

We are now comparing AAA batteries to the earth and something at least 5,000 times the size of a AAA battery... ?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Who says the world is going to end? Some have presented plausible theories to determine the outcome so we can prepare for the worst. Isn't that something we can agree on?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The thing about all those diagrams, charts, projected paths, and movies is you just don't know...Its an estimate of where an asteroid is going but the fact is- we won't know 100% till it hits us or passes us. I doubt it will touch us though but if it does-

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
For those who seek knowledge in the field of Plasma Cosmology, here is a nice start:

www.plasmacosmology.net

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dj05544
The thing about all those diagrams, charts, projected paths, and movies is you just don't know...Its an estimate of where an asteroid is going but the fact is- we won't know 100% till it hits us or passes us. I doubt it will touch us though but if it does-

I believe most of us here agree TU24 will not hit earth.
We are debating the effects of Plasma discharge from the earth onto TU24, which may or may not be negatively charged.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Asking questions is fine.

Saying the world will end every five bl**dy minutes - and expecting people to beleive you - is not. It seriously annoys - and upsets me - that charlatans start these stories which some people then go on to believe.

But some people derive a perverse pleasure form starting these scare stories. And, sadly, some also make considerable financial gain out of it (TU-24 will destroy the earth, but give me all your money and I will ensure the Annuaki will beam us up to Nibiru and save us)

Edit: and if TU24 hits the earth, or fires a plasma discharge at us, you have my permission to come round, punch me in the face and say "I told you so"

[edit on 20-1-2008 by Essan]

You seem to be at odds with the reason for a consiracy forum. Ideas are floated and discussed. If you really have such a negative reaction to those ideas then why come here?

I don't think this rock will do anything. I am merely wandering if it is part of a larger 'cloud' or something. But I put that question out for others since you seem ticked off by the question.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

We are debating the effects of Plasma discharge from the earth onto TU24, which may or may not be negatively charged.

I am familiar with energy from the sun causing auroras but I have never heard of anything else causing such affects. Can you provide an example
of a plasma discharge that is not a Earth-Sun one?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Does that mean that we are negatively charged and that is the reason we do not "fall from Earth"?

Or did I misunderstood what you wrote?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki

I am familiar with energy from the sun causing auroras but I have never heard of anything else causing such affects. Can you provide an example
of a plasma discharge that is not a Earth-Sun one?

When WD5 (or something like that) passes mars on January 30th, u will discharge between the two planets, as Mars is negative and WD5 is neutral positive. (which is why it did not effect earth went it passes earth, as earth is also positive)

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This could be quite eventful, especially if it discharges. Say bye bye to all the satellites, and our communication

Its registered at spaceweather.com... as a near earth asteroid.
Scroll down the page a bit.

but as 400 m long.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Does that mean that we are negatively charged and that is the reason we do not "fall from Earth"?

Or did I misunderstood what you wrote?

The latter.

I meant that if there was 0 charge, there would be no gravity.
If you have a charge, you then have gravity, and one would not "fall" from the earth.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I thought it was a misunderstanding, it's very common with me.

Could you explain it better? It's the first time I have read about this.

Does that difference in charge affected all the (probably positively charged) probes that were sent from Earth to Mars?

Or I am misuderstanding you again?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

We are now comparing AAA batteries to the earth and something at least 5,000 times the size of a AAA battery... ?

No, we're comparing something 5,000 times the size of a AAA battery (TU24) with something 5,000,000,000,000,000 times the size of a AAA battery (Earth)

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
How about a "shock n awe" on a planetary scale? Asteroid comes within 1,4 lunar distance to Earth, plasma/EMP dicharge, all tech on earth is rendered useless.

The increase in UFO sitings have been scout craft and now with the recent larger craft showing up are advance party groups.Event happens the PTB are disabled (no/min tech operational) Disclosure in form of mass landing, new free energy tech intoduced. Big planetary housecleaning of shadowy groups. Dawn of new Goldenage.

Just a passing thought.

Magilla

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I would expect that if this were a comet, a plasma discharge would be a more likely possible scenario, but as some have pointed out this is just an asteroid without a comet like tail. Therefore it's unlikely this month will be any different on the Earth than last month or the next.

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar

You seem to be at odds with the reason for a consiracy forum. Ideas are floated and discussed. If you really have such a negative reaction to those ideas then why come here?

Talking about things forces us to think, even though our premature conclusions are sometimes flawed. Isn't that why we watch movies or tv, not just for entertainment, but also to see others ideas & viewpoints that we may or may not have considered yet?

Good point my friend. After all most of us here are not experts on the subject (if we were we'd be discussing it with equal minds elsewhere), but it's fun for us to consider the fact that we are just ants on an ant hlll hoping those bulldozers stay within the flags and don't touch our little hill. (I think I got the ant analogy from Michio Kaku )

I see this thread as a positive discussion as we need to understand that in order for us to survive, we will eventually be faced with such a catastrophe. By talking about it regardless of the original intent of the OP or others chiming in, we become better informed and maybe better entertained as well.

[edit on 20-1-2008 by verylowfrequency]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join