It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Meteorites hit the earth anywhere from every day to once in 10,000 years, depending on their size. Specks of stardust, for example, are tiny meteorites which settle on our earth every day. Larger ones, about the size of a boulder, fill to earth about 1,500 times every year.

Thats a lot of plasma discharging. Too much fiber maybe ???

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
aaaauroraaaaa

You probably missed my post in the middle of all the other posts.

Do you think that there was any electrical interaction between the probes sent from Earth to Mars?

I ask because if the Earth is positively charged, then the probes were positively charged. In that case, and as you said that Mars is negatively charged, shouldn't there have been a plasma discharge when the probes reached Mars?

Hey good catch !!!

And wouldn't said discharge destroy the probes? I know one little static charge when installing a new CPU and it's shot.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

aaaauroraaaaa

You probably missed my post in the middle of all the other posts.

Do you think that there was any electrical interaction between the probes sent from Earth to Mars?

I ask because if the Earth is positively charged, then the probes were positively charged. In that case, and as you said that Mars is negatively charged, shouldn't there have been a plasma discharge when the probes reached Mars?

Actually, the mars rovers had "discharge" antennas on them, kinda like a reverse lightning rod... I believe. I think when they were testing the wheels or something in an artificial Martian enviroment on earth, the wheels got up to like hundreds of volts, and they saw the need for the "reverse lightning rod".... I don't know so much about that whole thing tho, link anyone?. Good job on the critical thinking!!!

Now ur asking the right questions tho, not just "where are ur facts". I'm not a doomsday person, I actually hope that someone can disprove this :p

[edit on 20-1-2008 by aaaauroraaaaa]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Well I will give you two more:

www.holoscience.com

plasmascience.net

The first one explains how recent phenomenon has hinted at the electric nature of the Universe.

The second one is in-depth information based on studies from the Los Alamos National Laboratory

I'll give you a video as well (I haven't watched it but should be interesting)

video.google.com

Enjoy!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaaauroraaaaa
aaaauroraaaaa

Now ur asking the right questions tho, not just "where are ur facts". I'm not a doomsday person, I actually hope that someone can disprove this :p

[edit on 20-1-2008 by aaaauroraaaaa]

Actually with regard to critical thinking, you don't disprove something before it is proven. No offense.

[edit on 20-1-2008 by jfj123]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Hey!!! I have a big presentation due at work for the 28th! Coincidence?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fuzzyone
reply to post by TheoOne

Hey!!! I have a big presentation due at work for the 28th! Coincidence?

the day of the state of the union?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mungodave
Here's the Addy to the NASA page showing the trajectory

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

Mungo

According to this trajectory model the Asteroid:Tu 24 is at 0.0503 au from Earth today on 1/20/08 as I write this.

The asteroid will come into closest proximity to Earth on 1/29/08 when it will be at just 0.0045 au.

1 AU (Astronomical Unit based on the distance from Earth to the Sun)
Wiki: Astronomical Unit
The currently accepted value of the AU is 149,597,870,691 ± 30 metres (nearly 150 million kilometres or 93 million miles).

So by my calculations of:
0.0045x93000000 = 418500 miles close on 1/29/08

Meanwhile the moon is at about 0.0025 au close to us. So at closest the asteroid will be about twice the distance to the moon.

That makes me think of another horrible scenario however!

WHAT IF THE ASTEROID STRIKES THE MOON!?

We have always worried about an asteroid hitting the Earth. But a collision with the moon would cause a shotgun type effect and send millions of rocks headed our way for years. If the moon was knocked off orbit or destroyed the Earth would be in catastrophe.

Can the Earth Function without the moon? Without tides on Earth, what would be the effects?

I have also read from searching TU24 on google that thier are YOUTUBE videos and other discussion forums worried about TU24 out there.

[edit on (1/20/08) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI

I think there is a higher probability of the plasma discharge from earth than an asteroid striking anything IMO.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Great I just bought this new fangled computer and I am off line for a few days and you kids just go NUTS!
Seriously though this is the kind of information that drives ats over the top as far as grounded information readily available with loads of links and back up sources.
NOw I have spent most of the day protecting my pc and putting all the goods on so I am off to check all the data on this situation.

One more thing, the last post I made was to a very interesting question posed by none other than our own Jim Marrs, he was asking if you knew of a possible catastrophic event coming, would you tell people or just let them enjoy the last remaining days in peace?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI

So at closest the asteroid will be about twice the distance to the moon.

[---]

I've heard that it might pass around 1.4 Lunar distances from earth. Less than twice the distance to the moon. And I'm also worried about the moon. I also mentioned this possibillity on page two. If we lost our moon....

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by aaaauroraaaaa

Ooops! Don't tell Dick you caught me here! He gives me the creeps!

-George.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The thing is TU24 is not a extinction type event even if it did hit the earth!! And i don't by into that plasma energy theory, So im not worried.

Now if it was half a mile wide or more id be very concerned.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Look at the moon its been hit by millions of asteroids.. TU24 is only 400 meters it is not a doomsday sized asteroid..

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ncuncfan2006

400 meters is actually a big asteroid. And when you consider that gravity is holding an object the size of our moon (namely our moon) in orbit around the Earth, what can gravity do to this "tiny" little thing?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Not to mention how freaking fast that object is traveling.

400 meters may not be that large, but considering the speed of meteors and asteroids...It may be a problem if it does get too close.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ncuncfan2006
The thing is TU24 is not a extinction type event even if it did hit the earth!! And i don't by into that plasma energy theory, So im not worried.

Now if it was half a mile wide or more id be very concerned.

Plasma is a Science!
99.999% of all observable Matter in the Universe exist in their Plasma state.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It wouldnt be pretty if it hit us but its nowheres in the ballpark of what did in the dinosaurs. IF it hit us it would not wipe all humans out. IF it hit new york or a heavy pop city sure millions could be killed i suppose. But its not gonna wipe all humankind out if it did hit us. Its not large enough.

[edit on 20-1-2008 by ncuncfan2006]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ncuncfan2006

But its not gonna wipe all humankind out if it did hit us. Its not large enough.

I believe it would be worse for mankind if it hit the moon instead of the Earth. It's a smaller target though...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
In 1178 the Moon was hit by an asteroid creating a 120,000 megaton explosion . The collision dug a 20 km (12 mile) crater. This strike was recorded by a monk in Canterbury, England

We are still here

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join