It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

I just can't get that song of Doris Days' out of my head, " Ke Sera SerA" [SP]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Here is another link with warning info and this shows the "Electron Flux" and the "Geomagnetic" impulse which is flagged as "onset". There is another page that has a monitor for geomagnetic activity.

Space Weather Alerts and Warnings Timeline

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

lol thanks.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Are there any predictions with gravity taken into consideration, what if the the asteroid passed while in alignment with the moon and the earth and maybe even the sun, would this have any effect on the path of the asteroid given distance and it's small size.

link   

It isn't THAT big.

Although this is not supposed to hit earth, I consider being as large as the Sears tower huge. Smaller pieces (less than one pound) and small enough to hold in your hand can crash through your roof.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by Siren]

link   
So does the news about the "large spy satellite" falling to earth have anything to do with the OTHER asteroid? Are they using this as a cover story for something or as a test to see how people will react to something dangerous falling to earth?

www.news.com.au...

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

You got it
Something like an air burst from a nuke only bigger.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Siren

Hey low blow. Read what I posted and never quote me out of context again OK? Please.

It isn't THAT big to cause a significant EM or plasma event which is what I was trying to help you with Siren...

Now if you wish to talk about impact now? I'm your guy. Yup, big hole. Please illucidate on what you think will happen next Siren? Thanks.

Vic

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I am amazed that there are this many posts about this. According to a data, an asteroid passes earth this closely every 5 years. Does anyone notice nothing happens? Some people just love to be doomsday prophets.

Here is my prediction: This will pass and nothing will happen. The doomsday prophets will closely analyze world events to look for lightning storms or flash fires. They will then point them out as being evidence of what they said would happen. They will completely ignore that the magnitude of these events on the day this happens will be the same as every other day.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LightinDarkness

And all the evil, nasty people - some of whom, sadly, post on ATS - who take great delight in scaring people, causing panic and great concern, will just move on to another doomsday scenario, totally unconcerned.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Her's a pic of our baby

echo.jpl.nasa.gov...

Its pretty grainy.
Taken by Goldstone

Cheers

Mungo

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mungodave

Whadda ya think mungo? Tumbling? 19 meters per row. Not "tiny" that's for sure. Cool post.

Vic

[edit on 26-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

To be honest I wouldnt have a clue if its tumbling.... just wanted them that think we are crazy to be able to "see" it is out there!

And yes it may not hit us.... when I started this thread it was only to ask the folk who know more than moi ( and thats mostly everyone) what the status was...... not to post a " doomsday senario".

Im not liking the flaming much.... and if Im online still on Thursday I imagine I'll be fragged ! lol

Thats the way it flops i guess

Cheers

Mungo

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
No dude you did a good thing. You informed the community and brought awareness to the larger issue. If I could vote you a WATS I would. Pay no mind to detractors just do what you feel is right.

Awesome, mungo.

Vic

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
So how many of you are going to be sitting up and waiting Tuesday? I might. But just to be checking things out, you know

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Juicy

I will just because I don't think that anything significant will happen when this asteroid passes through. It is interesting in that it is a NEO and that the off chance that something will occur. Perhaps if the theory holds water then communications may be disrupted a little but I do not see anything cataclysmic happining. I will see you all on the 29th

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Oh, I'm pretty sure I'll be awake... and I want to see reaction immediately after it passes. This could be really interesting. 2007TU24 - The Day After... nothing bad happened. LOL.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Communications as in...regular FM radios, internet, cable, that sort of thing? Or like really scientifical communications?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Yup! I am ready for my I-told-you-so's.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

Que sera, sera.

I dont mean to be a pill.

Actually, i have a terrible headache from following this thread, must be nerves.

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join