It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Every time I refresh the colored dot page, it displays every color of the damn light spectrum. Who here gets a stable, clear reading?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix103

Originally posted by Juicy
There has been precious little because people are wanting to believe something bad will happen and relying on colored dots!

I dont think so

I just wonder, if this thing simply passes by us (and I say if because anything is always possible, heck there could be a unicorn in my yard right now) are all of the people saying its going to impact going to be ready for the I-told-you-so's?

I look forward to being in a position to post.

Agreed! I'm always open to new theories and suggestions but they have to have some basis in fact! This whole thing is just people in a feeding frenzy over what they'd probably LIKE to see happen.

Thats not constructive. Perhaps start at page 1

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

The Tunguska rock exploded in the atmosphere above where the destruction was. Science has already found that to be the cause for the wide spread damage to the forest that was massive on one side and not on the other because of the angle it came in at. I don't know what magnetic affects you are talking about.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Moegli

I love being told what is constructive and what is not
And no, my egg is green now. On the first page, right there in black and salmon, it says that it is not intended or expected to represent a formal analysis and cannot be reliably interpreted and isn't suitable for drawing interpretive conclusions.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Today's "bad news"? It's still not going to hit.

The NEODys numbers have changed only very, very slightly and for the better IMHO. Throw some more "science" at the problem? Try TU24.org... they do "science" and are likely to be around for... Vic looks at watch... scratches a pre-retirement 3 day beard-growth... likely less than another 100 hours or so. Joe-viral. I wonder if they'll rebadge and send folks here to promote their agenda for the next one. Yawn.

Cheers and beers, no fears,

Vic

[edit on 26-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by hildar
reply to post by Juicy

No one said we are relying on colored dots. Holy crap that is the most stupidest thing so far. For crying out loud, we are going by the fact that #1 NASA hasnt changed a dang thing even though they were suppose to have, That means to me something isnt right. Yet Harvard has it at a closer range then NASA.

Yep something smells rotten about the whole thing then we have the same folks coming in here saying not to worry. I cant help but think about another thread when I see close to 20 posts from the same person saying BS NASA says so, so its true it will miss. Yep it does make me think of that other thread. And I have noticed someone posted around 30 times in here saying the same stuff. Stating NASA is correct no ands if or buts about it.

Most people that dont believe in something like this would go onto another thread and leave this one be. But nope the same folks keep right on saying it over and over again. Its rubbish because NASA knows. Strange how NASA shows us as well that they were around before Jesus? Yet I guess you believe that to.

Am I saying it will hit no I am not, but I am saying there isnt enough proof out there to prove it either way. Two places say we have a 50/50 chance yet NASA says hell NO it will be to far away. Yet Harvard shows it being much closer. And yet NASA also admits its got to much Wobble to be able to track it correctly. Make your own decisions is all I can say but either way there isnt crap we can do about it.

Hilda

I've not participated in other threads and am not saying anything about Nasa so hopefully you don't lump me into that category.

As for "leaving this thread alone", I'm concerned you don't quite grasp the nature of discussion and debate. Do you just expect everyone who agrees to post in one thread and critics to post in another?!

And, as for whether Nasa existed before Jesus, of course they did - they exist, Jesus didn't!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Good news... the threat level has dcreased from 3 to 2. Also the asteroid has slightly nudged itself a tiny tiny tiny bit away from us. The jury is still out, but.. for today, some good news. It was at .0012501 and is now at .0012507 AU. But it could simply be because of it's "wobble".

tu24.org...

One other note. This asteroid was only recently discovered. It came to us quickly. I wonder if we are going to see this alot.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by Fromabove]

[edit on 26-1-2008 by Fromabove]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Just think of how many near misses there have been that NASA has not known about.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Juicy

I wonder if even they really know. Somehow the thought is haunting if some really big asteroid is out there headed our way, and we just go about our bisiness as usual and then...

From what I understand, a lot of asteroids have "buddies", that is they tend to come in pairs. Usually a little one and a big one.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Moegli

That's interesting. It seems it can depend on what browser you are using. Apparently it doesn't run well with IE. (I use Firefox.) My "dot" is stable, meaning that the colour changes are relatively slow.

Now it's a sort of an aqua shade. Quite pretty, really. Getting darker blue, which apparently means strong anti-coherence -- whatever that's supposed to mean.

Though it's interesting in its own way, I'm certainly not basing any concerns on a coloured dot on someone's website. (I suspect you feel the same way.) I'd rather take notice of what my own instincts are telling me and keep an eye on what various animals around me are doing. They (gut instincts and animals) seem to be a fair guide. Have been in the past, anyway.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

I quoted from that website that they are comparing what could happen to the Tunguska event. They are not my words. If i am correct, the explosion took place over Tunguska, in the air, which caused that whole area to be flatenned.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Folks with an interest might want to visit the sim asteroid mpg clips at SNL about the Tunguska event. Phat-daddy computing, scary fresh stuff. Here is the webpage with some real nightmare fuel. I jest only partly.
"Sandia supercomputers offer new explanation of Tunguska disaster"

What if it were phosphorus, magnesium and cyanide with ammonia ice and highly nitrogenous wrapped in a sheath of tungsten? Oh my. I'm being facetious. Maybe they'll "shoot it" with HAARP.

Sandia couldn't possibly have good data? LOL. WOOT. They don't have access to all the data? Giggle, snicker.

Vic

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It's obvious that the gov has a deal with some et's to make this one miss

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Could this be a little chunk of our friend?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I've been following this thread since it began. Information overload! What's going on here? Until last night TU24.org had the level at 3. When we came home from dinner it was level 2. So... Now it's back to 3. What changed? Maybe they were told to rescind the upgrade warning. What do you think?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I doubt it. Rocks fall out of the sky all the time. There's no telling how many small ones splash down in the seas.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You really can't rely on that TU24.org dude. Shady.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well, it seems we cant rely on anything on the Internet at all. I've yet to see a webpage that convinces me either way.
I cant trust NASA because they obviously would not let the real truth out.
Maybe news from another country would be a better source.

I can read French and Spanish, i'll look around.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This is interesting as are the comments at Youtube regarding the scientific information as well as the video producer. Of course this could all be a subject of propaganda slams regarding an alarmist conspiracy theorist trying to start a panic. Blah, blah, blah- the usual.

One thing is for certain. If this is or even remotely close to an E.L.E situation (EXTINCTION LEVEL EVENT) no information would be available on the internet as NASA has a private government network database of information the public will NEVER see. This is where this information would reside.

Fear driven Youtube videos are not reliable for anything other than fodder talk about possibilities on this particular subject.

If this were a 50-50 possibility for impact- someone at NASA would have leaked it due to moral reasons (you know, getting right with God) concerning his fellow man. This always is a result in extreme cases. None of this, not even a hint has come out- and a questionable date stamp is even more reason not to jump the gun.

I am the first person to run around like "Henny Penny" when I feel the dark con of man- in this instance I feel no danger. Just because we have the technology to watch the skies and identify microbes at the bottom of the Marianna Trench- we sure as # can determine the trajectory of this asteroid- at least by now.

We would have heard something by now. The government cannot keep secrets for very long- hell, they can't even pull off a red-flag op anymore without being called on it. My instinct tells me- there is nothing to worry about. Not yet anyway.

JMO

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
According to newspapers in South America and the Caribbean, they say the following:

Las imágenes de radar hacen pensar que podría estar formado por dos o tres bloques de rocas mantenidas juntas por la fuerza de la gravedad. El meteorito alimenta predicciones catastróficas desde hace meses en Internet: algunos sitios afirman que el riesgo de im
pacto es de hasta el 63%. Si el impacto ocurriera, sería como si explotaran varias decenas de miles de bombas nucleares simultáneamente

The radar images leads us to beleive this asteroid is composed of 3 or 4 rocks maintained together by the force of gravity. The threat level has been high for several months on the Internet; Some places confirming the impact risk is as high as 63%. If there were to be an impact, it would be like various dozens of thousands of nuclear bombs simultaneously exploding.

*I tried to translate word for word on my own.

S OURCE is : NoticiasCristianas.com

[edit on 26-1-2008 by dgtempe]

[edit on 26-1-2008 by dgtempe]

new topics

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join