It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The average joe, or stock broker hasnt any idea what TU24 is.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

and i say spend the next upcoming days doing wat u love

That is so true... in any case.

On a more serious note, I think (from what I've seen - elsewhere - so far, but I may be wrong) only conspiracy theorists have been giving it a 50:50 chance. "Mainstream" astronomers (not ALL of them are deluded and/or crooks, y' know ; )) do not seem to be concerned at all. (And I am not speaking of NASA.)

But yes, absolutely: carpe diem... every single dies.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Exactly, everyone has a higher chance of death from inhaling a stray house fly than this thing.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainStar

Morningstar, thank you for replying. I realize that you watch with awareness all that happens in your area. Can you say that there has been any changes in the activity? You are always welcome here on my 5 acre orgaqnic farm if things get too much out west. I will be traveling towards your direction in June, so maybe we could meet? Be well my friend!

link   

Originally posted by TheSonOfMan
What if the recent fall in the stock market might have something to do with the coming asteriod?

It might... but in the opposite sense: letting rumours into circulation about possible asteroid impact would be a wise (albeit transparent) decoy...

Not that I really think that's what is happening - not AT ALL.

link   
I stay in New Zealand in the southern hemisphere this news came on our national news channel today they showed the Orbit Diagram from the NASA site and said scientists guarantee it will not hit what a load of crock putting our trust and survival into media and scientists we havn't even met as i said in a earlier post we can't prevent this from hitting (yet) but at least we can prepare for ourselves and our families survival by putting together a survival kit (see my previous post).....if we perish so be it at least we went out fighting...oneness..

[edit on 23/1/08 by free_spirit_earth]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit_earth

Of course, how silly to put trust in people that do this for a living. I'm a final year media student, this is something they could hype up, but they're not. Incidentally, what news channel was it on, and do they have an online version?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaint

No, you are wrong, as you speculated. There are major differences in compairing that NEO object and its passing event to the one occuring next week. For one, TU24 has (so far) been calculated to be within 1.4LD, as opposed to 2.18LD. BIG DIFFERENCE, over 36% closer.

Second, TU24 has been estimated as being almost 2,000 feet wide, once again 50% bigger than this other asteroid YB5, that you dug up.

Third, TU24 is going WAY slower than YB5 was when it "whizzed by" us in 2002 (had to look that up, as their was no year given on the page you linked to) Look at the orbit of YB5, totally different than TU24. It came from beyond the Earths orbit as it passed, or from behind us and to the bottom-right. TU24's orbit is bringing it in behind the earth also but from directly behind (almost), not either side. Can't remember the astronomical terms, but they are classified as entirely different types of astroids because of their hugely different orbits. However, I will grant you the fact that YB5's and TU24's angles of inclination (relative to a planetary equator around the sun) are nearly identical at 5.8 degrees.

You can't just go find another NEO and start arguing that "well, if this happened then and there was no catastrophy, then what makes you think that this would be anymore significant?" I just told you why you can not, total different parameters in each case, your comparing apples to oranges IMO. Come on Goldman, give us some better news, PLEASE...

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This thread is getting more and more ridiculous and unanswerable.

I will post only on this thread only after the event.

It's useless to try to explain to some people that NASA is not the only agency following the asteroid, that all those that are following it agree that it will pass farther away than the Moon, and there is no proof of any plasma discharge, as far as I know that is not even possible, much less probable or certain, like some people apparently think.

I will be back on 2008-01-30.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Sorry, double post.

[edit on 23/1/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404

Of course, how silly to put trust in people that do this for a living. I'm a final year media student, this is something they could hype up, but they're not. Incidentally, what news channel was it on, and do they have an online version?

It was on our Midday news on TV ONE in New Zealand goto TVNZ.com they may have the story online there...No doubt it will get coverage more on our other channels to...BTW the news also talked about the recent fall in the stock market lol didn't the stock market fall just before 9-11??? or was it the price of put options that decreased just before 9-11??? how coincidental....

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Why not land on this rock and set up some equipment to check out where this is coming from and make sure that it is not just part of some gigantic asteroid belt hurdling its way towards us? It would show us parts of the universe that our technology has yet to see.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

It's useless to try to explain to some people that NASA is not the only agency following the asteroid, that all

Exactly repeat with me conspiracy theorists

NASA is not the only agency following the asteroid

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

EXCELLENT! Thanks a lot of that info, this is the first I've seen it in the media...

OK everyone, you want to see it covered in the media, here we go!

tvnz.co.nz...

Now we'll wait for it to filter around before other news agencies pick it up. There's nothing new there of course, but it's interesting to see what they'll say about it.

There we go, no 100% cover up. Everyone knows about it.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Armap, NGC, mattguy and lifestudent have calmed my fears. I respect their thoughts and know for certain that none of them would lead any of us in the wrong direction.
For those of you who are reading this thread and are worried, please be comforted by what Armap, NGC, lifestudent, mattguy and many others are saying.
I was extremely scared yesterday, very worried and now I feel like everything is going to be okay. Trust these guys, they know what they are talking about. Do not be scared!!!!

[edit on 23-1-2008 by SEEWHATUDO]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I actually got to see some news footage out of australia earlier today. the link came from another forum. It stated that it may hit the atmosphere above Australia but they still were not sure. So yes something is up. That brings it in closer then these skeptics saying it will be on the other side of the moon.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hildar

#2 they prove to us this asteroid was seen before back in the 1890s or 1870's I am not looking that one up again.

No they didnt. They made an assumption as to when it last came close to Earth. I dont know where you came up with that

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
...well looks like space-based weapons will be the next step

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by hildar

I actually got to see some news footage out of australia earlier today. the link came from another forum. It stated that it may hit the atmosphere above Australia but they still were not sure. So yes something is up. That brings it in closer then these skeptics saying it will be on the other side of the moon.

Hilda

Please provide that link if you have it. I am in Australia and have heard nothing about it as of yet

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

Thanks seewhatudo! I think now that it has gone mainstream, NASA and everyone else would have to be damn sure that it is not a threat. If they were going to cover anything up, it'd much too late now.

Just to reiterate, it's mainstream - tvnz.co.nz...

Now we just need Planet X, free energy and all the rest to follow suite

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join