It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
From the Gospel of Luke: chp 21:25-27

“And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

The part that is most interesting here is "those things which are coming upon the earth.."

Something or things out there are going to distress nations to fear. The seas will roar as they come. Sounds alot like what happens before a negatively charged object hits the Earth. The weather gets freaky and compasses go wild. And it gets really really scary.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well, all we can do is remember that we are all together on this one.

What happens happens.

I am as prepared as can be to protect my family.

Now all you can do is visualize a protective force around you and your loved ones.

It would be smart to simply unplug all of your electronics on the specified dates and use caution and instinct when using stuff like your computer.

I plan to also disconnect my battery from my van so as to not fry my electronics.

I hope that nothing comes of this but if it does, my heart is with all of my fellow earthlings and Gaia herself.

I am so great full to have this site to come and discuss my thoughts and feelings and to also find the grounded advice of those less paranoid and positive minded. The balance here is what keeps me sane.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I am new to ATS but i have been following this message board quite thoroughly. I heard something on the radio that was very disturbing the other day, and i just wanted to know if anyone else has any thing else playing on their radio stations. The message was for preparedness in the time of a disaster and listed things to have in case of an emergency and in case of a disaster..... Now i live in Northern Idiana and the only big thing close to a disaster around here is snow.... and we all know how to handle that.... i found the add quite oddly placed and very frightening in the light of the appoach of TU24

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I just posted a reply but do not see it??? Huh???

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
OK talked with Kermit H. From FEMA disaster services in my area, and he was completely unaware of anything significant slated for that date.

He said that if it was going to disrupt electronic equipment that they would have placed a call out to warn ppl to shut down computers and such on those dates.

He is a nice down to earth guy who has nothing to loose by being honest with the locals in our area.

It is always a pleasure to talk with him as my MOM worked with him some years ago and we have a good honest repore.

I just cannot believe that TU24 is going to cause any disruptions at this point...
Yet you know me, the catastrophist...

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
To "fromabove", Those things have been happening since the begin ning of time. We havae seen many of them in our own times.

As to shutting down compters thinking you will save them....It is my understanding that if this thing causes a great electical discharge, all of your electronics will be fried regardless of whether they are turned on or plugged in.

Someone enlighten me if this is incorrect.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapacity
Just done a Google news search for TU24 and came up with this:

www.spacedaily.com...

May have been posted before, sorry if it has.

Rap, Thanks for that.

Is their 'upside' 600m diameter - now twice the original size guessed at in the YOU TUBE scare/aware video?

[edit on 23-1-2008 by scrapple]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by keithm

OK
THIS really bothers me a lot!!!!! Subliminal messages to prepare? Some kind of sick agenda? I will again repeat that DRK4KNIGHT predicted or knew someone who predicted some strange things to come from the sky and the time was near and he went into hiding.
I am trying to comprehend the backdrop "effects" by these news outlets and i'm just trying to think of all the possibilities.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by keithm
I just wonder if this could be a smokescreen for a nuclear attack on iran.

We know the U.S and israel are itching to attack them,

maybe they are going to drop a huge nuclear bomb on them,

blame it on the asteroid, then destroy the asteroid,leaving no evidence.

killing two birds with one stone.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by keithm]

Now that would be a hugh scam and alot of uneccesary work. It would be easier just to push a button, point the finger and say they started it.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
that's hilarious..

"it was the asteroid!"
"oh.. i see, well.. it seems rather convienient for you..."
"it was the asteroid!!"
"hmmmmm...."

[edit on 23-1-2008 by tetragrammation]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by damajikninja
Ok, I got a response from Dr. Ostro.

Plasma discharges are the least worrisome outcome of asteroid collisions.

Comparatively speaking the above is a 'correct' statement.
Small body - possibly a small charge - small impact
Large body - possibly a larger charge - Larger impact.

So impact rules I suppose, but did he not really answer the overall charge question?

Ill say again, if the charge theory/worry is legit, TU doesnt have to hit earth to sour the mulitude of space hardware we depend on each day to make our lives 'easier'. (Is the Space Shuttle in space right now?)(my edit - nope, no launch till mid feb.)

Good effort on your part Damajikninja!

[edit on 23-1-2008 by scrapple]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
ok, I'm starting to get a little worried.
I was watching a movie on Turner Classic Movies and all of a sudden the screen went black and The Emergency Broadcast System came on.
There were white letters and the whole screen was black.
I've never seen one like this.
The oddest part of this . It said this is a test from 10:20 am to 11:47 am.
It has never lasted this long.
It said this would include the entire state of Florida.
Has anyone else had one of these this morning?

This is the second time I've read of very unusual/unexpected Emergency Broadcast "tests" on TV in the US in the past few days. (The other was on a thread about the Texas UFO sightings.)

I hour and 27 minutes is one heck of a long test. That's as long as a feature-length movie and in the US that would cost a deal of money.

Hmmm...Who pays for these "tests"? Do the stations just have to foot the bill out of their own pockets or are they "compensated" by the government? And if it's "the government", then who makes the decision to run these tests? Is it a state matter or federal?

I think these points are becoming relevant. Because what concerns me (and I guess others) is why they are doing it. A couple of minutes -- okay. But a "never seen one like this" test (and the other poster said the self-same thing) that goes on for such a long time...is this deliberately calculated to freak people out? Even the dullest couch potatoes (let alone people with inquiring minds like here on ATS) would have to wonder what on Earth was going on. Wouldn't they?

I have no idea if what you observed with this "test" has anything at all to do with TU24 (and I am still very dubious that the asteroid will bother us at all), but I am beginning to think that something is coming up soon and TPTB are getting ready. Or getting us ready.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I think the FCC requires any station to allocate a certain amount of time a year for these tests. Government regulated, so I doubt any compensation is involved.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I have witnessed an asteroid in the past. I actually posted a brief description of my encounter with my very first thread on ats. Judging by the description of the encounter, why dont you try and estimate what i was seeing. You can find it here : www.abovetopsecret.com... (post no 8).

I just hope there isnt another on the horizon. I would like to think NASA would let the world know. Afterall isn't it your tax that pays for the tracking of this object? From what i've read, it is strange something will come closer to the earth, than anything else for 20+ years and yet, it hasnt been reported by any mainstream media. Not even a special in the works because lets be honest we would all watch that IF it was broadcast. Not enough information and inconsistent reporting from NASA, everything seems to change except the one thing that matters.

Until 9/11 i would have said something like this is impossible, in the sense that there is no secret agenda. Surely a mission would be launched to blow the thing out of the sky, the minute it was discovered in October? Surely the people who lead our countries would use it as an excuse to unite the world against a common threat, by launching a live mission to blow it out of the sky? God, if i was president i might even think about launching a mission to change its trajectory, better than bombing my fellow man. Also an excuse for a free and peaceful "PR stunt."

Surely this is how our leaders think? If not its time we revolt and re-elect , politicians to discuss politics and leaders to unite all. If this asteroid causes damage to our planet, we should see it as a wake up call.

Unfortunately we don't live in this eutopia, so lets kick back, take each day as it comes and hope whatever happens, happens for the good of us all.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

The only way to protect sensitive electronic components from electromagnetic radiation is the by the use of a Faraday Cage. You can google it and check it out. It is named after the physicist Michael Faraday, who contributed tremendously to the field of electromagnetism.

So, no, the simple act of unplugging electrical devices will not protect them from an electromagnetic pulse. We're not talking about a power surge here...

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by keithm

Originally posted by Brad.T
The BBC are still showing these weird, cryptic-esque images. Today during the six o'clock bulletin, in a segment about global warming, a large image of what clearly appeared to be an Earth-asteroid impact was displayed on the screen behind the newscaster.

I saw it too.

picture of earth behind presenter with what looked like an impact on the right hand edge.

Ahrgg! I just spent five minutes doing a screen capture / photobucket of video stills but it only saved the video player not the Video Feed.
The vid is still on BBC and if I am seeing the video in question, its clearly the sun rising behind the earth. The video is under their BBC Live :Sci/Tech heading and titled 'EU Climate Crackdown"

Scrap

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Grenade

I like your attitude and appreciate your comments. Yet is it possible that you have the ability to find a little more information on this event from your past affiliations? I for one would want to know one way or another what is going to happen. If its going to hit I would want my last good meal to be expensive and delightful.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been addressed or not, but fro the OP's article post:

"He called me last night to inform me that Nasa has there full focus and attention on this asteroid."

Seriously, this wasn't like a cutting edge story, like Heath Ledger's death, where every journalist got on their laptops and feverishly typed the headlines. In those cases, I understand typos. This is just plain probably-hasn't-even-gotten-his-GED type stuff. That makes me unsure of the validity in itself. Not to mention the fact that there's no source. If it's some "friend" and you can't actually name him because of "security issues," then I'm sorry buddy, but you can't post about last night's hot phone convo. Sucks to be a reputable journalist!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
OK - I know the first link below has already been posted in this thread by another user, but I will include it anyways to keep the links together.

The web blog "BadAstronomer" is created and maintained by an actual astronomer. These are two links to his site which state his expert opinion and reaction to the YouTube videos pertaining to the TU24 asteroid.

External Link 1 - Asteroid to Miss Earth January 29

External Link 2 - Repeat After Me - Asteroid 2007 TU24 is No Danger To Earth

The author makes it pretty clear that there is no cause for alarm, and since he is an astronomer and I am not, I think I'll take his word.

my 2 cents.

--Edit 1/23/2008-- Grammar Correction

[edit on 1/23/2008 by EvolutionEvil]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Yes, I recall that even from high school physics, which is a lonnng time ago.
However, it's not just the electronics in personal computers/laptops that would get fried by harmful em radiation if I recall my reading correctly. It would also send mobile phones out to lunch, along with the "black box" electronics in cars (so they wouldn't start), take down security systems, automated traffic lights and various other things we take for granted that run on such circuitry. Oh, electronic banking systems and modern-style supermarket checkouts would go down as well, I guess.

Am I right in this or way off the mark? I defer to your expertise...

EDITED for typos. Any others, members may fix themselves

[edit on 23-1-2008 by JustMike]

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join