It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
i PRAY its not what i think.
I guess we will find out soon enough.

Sorry, not trying to spread fear but they just updated that NASA site and that's what it says.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Well, I just have to add this piece of information.
We must all be diligent not only this week but always as to the extraordinary behavior patterns of our fellow earthling mammals and animals in general.

Are there any members from Down under that can confirm this?

RSOE Emergency and Disaster Information Service
Budapest, Hungary
2008-01-23 04:52:10 - Biological Hazard - New Zealand

GLIDE CODE: BH-20080123-15060-NZL
Date & Time: 2008-01-23 04:52:10 [UTC]
Area: New Zealand, South Island, Farewell Spit,

Description:

Fifteen pilot whales died in beach strandings Wednesday in southern New Zealand while rescuers refloated another 15 and monitored their progress toward safer waters, conservation officials said. The whales — which ranged in size from calves to 6 meters (20 feet) long — were found beached at two locations on Farewell Spit on New Zealand's South Island, Conservation Department ranger Nigel Mountfort said. Fifteen of the whales were dead when discovered. Rescuers helped refloat the remaining 15, but they were not out of danger yet because they remained in a tidal area where they risked beaching themselves again, Mountford said. A conservation worker was sent aboard a plane to monitor the bay for whales at risk of further stranding, he said. Scientists are unable to explain why whales strand, but some believe it is caused by disorientation in their sonar sounding systems.

Not confirmed information!

Unscrubscribe AlertMail service: Here
Disaster Events in WAP: hisz.rsoe.hu...
RSOE Emergency and Disaster Information Service
Hungary, Budapest Sending AlertMail: 2008-01-23 04:52:10 [UTC]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

In truth you know what that really means, right?
There was most likely a sub operating in that area, its mixes up their internal sonar.

According to a report by the scientific committee of the International Whaling Commission, one of the world's leading bodies of whale biologists, the evidence linking sonar to a series of whale strandings in recent years is "very convincing and appears overwhelming." Despite the broad scientific consensus that military active sonar kills whales, the use of this deadly sonar in the world's oceans is spreading.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Well if it hits Earth, then it was nice knowing all of you and the great website on internet, called ATS!

GG.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Oh Great! If my memory serves me well, and it usually does, right before the 2004 Indonesian Tsunami, whales had beached themselves. Animals know way before humans do when something is amiss...especially if it affects Earth's magnetic or gravitational fields....really weird...

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Nothing like that here in Australia, but whales do beach themselves relatively frequently around the Pacific. But it's interesting nonetheless... Something might've interfered with their navigation.

A bigger worry is the Japanese trying to harpoon thousands of whales in the Antarctic waters

But back on topic I guess! Big rock in the sky. Uh oh. Run...

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
NOW THIS IS ASTEROID COVERAGE!!

-Look how quick space authorites jumped down the intern. MSM throats for reporting a false story!

NASA Scientists Call British Media's Asteroid Hype Unethical Rubbish
By Robert Roy Britt
Senior Science Writer
posted: 07:00 am ET
29 July 2002

www.space.com...

Shouldnt lil' old 1.4LD UT24 12/29' get at least a byline in the truxton gazette

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I will be listening to Coast to Coast tonight to see if there's any mention ofthis. Like i said before, they have not mentioned this, that i know of.
If i hear anything, i will log back on.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This whole thing is silly. If they had planned to cover this thing up, they would have never listed it In the first place. None of the military folks on here have been put on alert, none of the Navies are moving ships off the continental shelves, and none of my police officer friends are aware of any increase in police activity (despite what other threads are saying).

There is a better chance that we could be hit by one that we don’t even know about right now, then there is of this one doing anything at all. It really annoys me that some folks either maliciously, or out of ignorance, start these rumors that scare the crap out of other people.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Even Nostradamus is speaking from his grave, check out this site:

www.godlikeproductions.com...

Whats next, I guess I need to go buy some water.
gwhint

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Asteroid 2007 TU24, discovered by the Catalina Sky Survey on October 11, 2007 will closely approach the Earth to within 1.4 lunar distances (334,000 miles) on 2008 Jan. 29 08:33 UT.

This object, between 150 and 600 meters in diameter, will reach an approximate apparent magnitude 10. 3 on Jan. 29-30 before quickly becoming fainter as it moves further from Earth.

For a brief time the asteroid will be observable in dark and clear skies with amateur telescopes of 3 inch apertures or larger.

Oh no! Do you think mankind will survive? Oh no!

Most of the people in this thread want it to hit Earth. Admit it.
But you will have to wait.

2007 TU24 will be the closest currently known approach by a potentially hazardous asteroid of this size or larger until 2027.

Aw shucks...

Source

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by scrapple

They're talking the previous one, i beleive. Like i said, NASA has this one now in bold letters as an

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Another poster beat me to the definition, but I personally have another belief of what a 'target' means.

This is something with a high profile that is being tracked and watched on a somewhat continual basis, in my opinion of course.

link   
I dont know what happened here.

Anyway, ok and thanks for explaining about the extreme caution thing.

Maybe i'll be able to sleep tonight,

link   
Alright. I don't know how legit this image/site/source is, but this should give everyone an idea how far out this thing is going to be. I'd hardly call it a close call. It's really just going to wave and be on its merry little way.

It's definitely NOT to scale!!!

[edit on 22-1-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

Luckily I heard Greenpeace stepped in and stopped that senseless act.

I realize that it most common in recent history for animals to act strange and for Whales to beach themselves, just bringing my simple insight to the table and to remind others to observe animal behaviors in the coming days.

I just have to trust that "This Too Shall Pass"...

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one.

The mainstream media is not covering the story. The average person doesn't really care about this sort of thing anyway.

Let's be honest with ourselves, we're on the fringe.

There's another thread titled 'anyone noticed increased police presence' that is possibly linked along with the way things are going these days...In general, down the #ter (more of the same?).

If the media played a 'doomsday' scenario you bet your ass there would be mass panic. The 'chosen few' wouldn't want that to happen, would they?

'They'll' be laughing at all of us worms squirming on the surface trying to get into their bunker...

"Stinky peons."

Let's hope I'm wrong, eh? For all of our sakes, and my future children

Dulcimer,

You got me on that one
. I just hope it knocks the power grid out and we have to start civilization over...Wouldn't be too bad right?

[edit on 1/22/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Ya that's what I mean. The above article was a different non story in 2002, on a future collision, and low and behold the media mention in major outlets had the authorities bashing editors right quick.

This little guy coming around the bend in a few days, which was on the same authorities' 'we are kinda worried' list gets NO news.

Its not me that wants the Earth hit, its those damn silent newspaper people who are still mad from their last official reprimand!

[edit on 22-1-2008 by scrapple]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Well, one things for sure.

The elite must be having one heck of a celebration if this were really headed this way. They'd be spared any further problems.
You got to love it.

G'nite.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
defcon5's quote,

If they had planned to cover this thing up, they would have never listed it In the first place

You have a point there defcon5. I appreciate your explanations.

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join