It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I think you would be surprised how 'easy' your life would become.

You'd only have to worry about surviving as opposed to paying off debt, putting the kids through college, and all ridiculous expectations that society imposes on us.

I am not wanting a mass die off of life on this planet. I'm asking for a fresh start to build a life for future generations who deserve to come into a free world...Not the one we live in now with all of its greed and corruption.

Maybe I'm dreaming; Its one of my qualities that I can't help...INFP personality type

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
If the media played a 'doomsday' scenario you bet your ass there would be mass panic. The 'chosen few' wouldn't want that to happen, would they?

Still don’t you think we would hear about navel maneuvers going on as an excuse to move our ships out of harms way. The Elite still would want to protect all that military hardware that they have spent our hard earned tax dollars on. We would be hearing a lot more strange stuff going on if there was anything to this story. Also NASA would have never listed that asteroid as a possibility to begin with if they had intended to cover it up. Why list it, then try and hush it up after the fact, seems kind of pointless to me.

Also as I said above, there are a lot more of these things out there that we don’t even have tracked yet that can hit us without notice. It seems kind of pointless to worry about this one, if you don’t already worry about the possibility of death by asteroid 24/7.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I think the average American (person in general) has a lot more on their mind than worrying about what a few rich people are doing.

Even if this sort of news hit the mainstream, don't you think the election would gain more coverage?

News such as this is always considered 'conspiratorial' as doomsday hasn't happened yet.

I stand by my opinion, but I do respect and understand yours. It is only logical.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
There is the Hopi prophecy that a blue star will appear in the night sky, and it would be big enough to see all around the world. What if that blue star is actually an asteroid, when this thing comes near us and it is the color blue in the sky than we will know...

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Seriously folks. 1.4LD is close yes... but there have been hundreds if not thousands of asteroids which have came closer to hitting earth then that. Check out spaceweather.com and read some info there before drawing irrational conclusions.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
There is the Hopi prophecy that a blue star will appear in the night sky, and it would be big enough to see all around the world.

At its brightest its only going to be a 10 magnitude, which is not even bright enough to see through binoculars. Its certainly not going to be a large blue light in the sky.

[edit on 1/23/2008 by defcon5]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CPYKOmega

Do you realize the link takes you directly to the NASA website?

Coincidence?

I can't be sure anything is going to happen. But I sure as hell am going to be ready regardless.

I am a bit curious how the asteroid jumps from .0086AU (28th) to .0045 (29th) to .0047 on the 30th and then .0090AU on the 31st.

I assume our gravity has something to do with it, but does it really affect an object that much ?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Ok, I have a question.

When was the last time asteroid hit Earth?

When was the last time asteroid hit Earth before the current last time hit?

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I don't want to get into prophecies right now especially knowing some of you hate things of the sort. Have any of you heard of the Hopi prophecy of the Blue and Red Kachina?

Here is a thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com

Comet Holmes is considered by many to be the 'Blue Kachina'.

The Red one is...............

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne

Asteroid Greatest Hits: Volume 1

That should get you started.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
I am a bit curious how the asteroid jumps from .0086AU (28th) to .0045 (29th) to .0047 on the 30th and then .0090AU on the 31st.

I assume our gravity has something to do with it, but does it really affect an object that much ?

I assume that you mean that the object seems to be going faster leaving then coming in, right?

Both the Earth and the Object are on three-dimensional arcs of different eccentricities (how circular each is). Depending on how those two circles/ellipses line up, the rate of closure between them can vary. In addition, we need to know if either object is on approaching its orbital periapsis or apoapsis, which may be different for each object. Objects increase velocity when approaching their periapsis and decease velocity at apoapsis.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Well, I was only able to find this -

whyfiles.org...

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moegli
I don't want to get into prophecies right now especially knowing some of you hate things of the sort. Have any of you heard of the Hopi prophecy of the Blue and Red Kachina?

Here is a thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com

Comet Holmes is considered by many to be the 'Blue Kachina'.

The Red one is...............

Probably the same object responsible for the Red Moon in the book of Revelations... A possible plasma discharge from an NEO?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
When was the last time asteroid hit Earth before the current last time hit?

Probably about a hundred have hit the earth in the time it took me to type this out.

They hit us all the time, though most are small. If you mean big ones, the time between hits seems to be longer between larger objects, so you need to be more specific as to the size. There was just a sizable hit in Norway, or somewhere near there, in the last year or so. The last really significant hit, that we know of, was in Tanguska in the late 1800’s.

Here is the Norway one:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Thanks for your input, defcon.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Yknot

Actually, the Moon turns red moments before a lunar eclipse as the Sun slowly ducks behind Earth projecting the red color of dust onto the Moon.

I was hinting at the possible Plasma discharge of the Asteroid, possibly making it look red in the sky hence, the 'Red Kachina'.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Bruce Willis will save us.

If they can launch the shuttle in time.

Sorry. Couldn't resist! I only just worked out the embed button, I'm new here you know

That NASA radar site must be getting some heavy traffic, it's beginning to time out.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Just done a Google news search for TU24 and came up with this:

www.spacedaily.com...

May have been posted before, sorry if it has.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
On the 21st Jan. 2008, TU24 was discussed on the James Whale Radio Show, TalkSport UK. He's on again tonight and his show does take emails (www.talksport.net). Perhaps someone might like to get in touch with him.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwhint
Even Nostradamus is speaking from his grave, check out this site:

www.godlikeproductions.com...

Everybody has their own opinions of Nostradamus... However, the quatrains and their interpretations as presented by the GLP member are striking.

For maybe the first time in history, I will recommend that you guys click the above link to GLP and read this member's entire post. If nothing else, it will be interesting.

reply to post by ATSGUY

I would think that Comet Holmes fits that description better than TU24.

[edit on 1/23/2008 by damajikninja]

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join