It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Infiltrated!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I just had a very strange experience. I was in a particulary grueling debate with my favorite foe tonight. I was able to completely impeach the member's credibility. The sources that person mentioned actually supported my claim. I had just finished another post, and when I hit the key to reply it just disappeared, along with a whole page of posts on the thread.

Needless to say I am very angry about this. Especially considering that the post which is now lost was the culmination of hard work to completely discredit the member who I suspect of being a sanctioned disinformation agent prowling here on ATS.

Furthermore, I am very concerned that this has happened, considering the nature of the topics we discuss here. I want to know who I was censored by when their agent was about to be utterly defeated.

If anyone else has had this happen, please let me know.

Will this sort of thing happen again, and get worse, until the internet is shut down?

This was not simply some glitch, this was deliberate.

EDIT to add: This event ocurred around the same time my opponent had looged off from ATS, but remained online. I did not know the member had looged off, until after I had attempted to post.

[edit on 1/20/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
sometimes when you hit enter things happen to posts. This happens because some glich in a server be it there's your's or somewhere in between.

Doesn't sound like you're dealing with a full deck there.

I conserned that my explaining the truth of sometimes a server blips, and I'm worried that I'm going to be labbled in your Thinkings as an "Agent" of this thing your mind has created.

LOL...

Anyway, cometimes servers glich.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
I want to know who I was censored by when their agent was about to be utterly defeated.

That would have been me. I had a slow night at work and decided to censure someone. Could you tell me what thread you're talking about?

Saying this happened, why didn't you repost?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

That happens with a new thread, not an individual post that the OP is talking about. If you're starting a new thread this should help:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

sometimes when you hit enter things happen to posts. This happens because some glich in a server be it there's your's or somewhere in between.

I didn't just hit enter. I used the key on the page. But okay. I thought that too anyway. But I kept going back for like 45 minutes to be sure that it all disappeared.

Doesn't sound like you're dealing with a full deck there.

And you may be right. The missing posts just returned!!! I posted this thread, went back to the thread in question, still nothing. Checked back here, read your post, went back to the "ghost" thread again, and there they are!!!

I conserned that my explaining the truth of sometimes a server blips, and I'm worried that I'm going to be labbled in your Thinkings as an "Agent" of this thing your mind has created.

As "paranoid" as I am, I have only found one "agent" so far.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

It was a whole page of back and forth discussion. I will U2U the specifics, so as not to bring unfair bias against my opponent.

[edit on 1/20/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

That happens with a new thread, not an individual post that the OP is talking about. If you're starting a new thread this should help:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Are some people so newbe or unwise as to not realize we are dealing with computers here?

Rule one while dealing with computers: SAVE SAVE SAVE!
Rule Two: Back up.

If I spend more then 3 minutes thinking about making a post I first make the post on a word document.

I mean, if it is so worth saying and spending some quantiy of tens minutes on writing, you should want to save it to your harddrive as well.

Computers, burp, fart, peep out and sometimes they just die.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

It wasn't just one post though. It was a whole page of a thread. Back and forth discussion. Losing a single post is frustrating, but it can be re-done. This was worse.

Ugh, the matrix has me. Maybe I'd unplug if it wasn't for the white rabbit going all grizzly over my shoulder.

Just weird.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Yes, a lot of people don't know that. They take valuable time to create a thread and DAMN, the title has already been used, work lost. ALWAYS save your work before posting. I've had it happen to me and it's a pisser.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

Ugh, the matrix has me. Maybe I'd unplug if it wasn't for the white rabbit going all grizzly over my shoulder.

Just weird.

There is a good idea when dealing with the internet. If you start taking it too seriously you should unplug yourself and go do something in that place known as "the real world".

Our minds are able to think thousands of things, that doesn't make them all true.

Sometimes you just need unplug.

If you like computers, that doesn't mean you need be on the internet all the time with them. Computers can do thousands of things besides access ATS and the internet.

I don't believe there are any working agents here. LOL

4 people have marked me as "Foe". I have no foes. lol

The people that have marked me as "FOEs" are people that are convinces there is a "NWO" or some crazyness.

I'd like to know, but they never answer, if the evil "NWO" exists anywhere besides within their delusions, why is it this massive evil force alows for so many anti-NWO videos and posts? LOL

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Yes, a lot of people don't know that. They take valuable time to create a thread and DAMN, the title has already been used, work lost. ALWAYS save your work before posting. I've had it happen to me and it's a pisser.

I've had it happen, because there was a thread going around with a simular title.

Ah, sometimes it just wasn't meant to be.

when something happens like that you can waste time being upset or use the time to move on to the next thing.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Dude, I've racked up many more foes in my time here. Nature of the beast I guess.

I've viewed the thread in question and it's still on the board, so WTF?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Dude, I've racked up many more foes in my time here. Nature of the beast I guess.

I've viewed the thread in question and it's still on the board, so WTF?

Mostlikely it was just a blurp. Maybe the users cash was full... all kind of strange things can happen with comptuers.

Especially when the user should have logged off hours ago and gone to sleep.

I find it hard to see someone as wonderful as you would have any foes.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
I find it hard to see someone as wonderful as you would have any foes.

Well when you have a mouth as big as mine it's bound to happen, you piss people off. That being said this isn't about me. The thread in question is still on the board so I don't get the problem.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Just to articulate, only the last page of the thread went all "philadelphia experiment" on me.

Okay, just a glitch. But I was still like whoa

Sorry for the false alarm folks!

Despite what this looks like, I'm not going all Dungeons&Dragons here with ATS either. I have plenty of things to bother me in the real world too.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid The thread in question is still on the board so I don't get the problem.

[off topic post removed]
Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic
Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 22-1-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   

The reason i have you listed as a "foe" is because you think anyone that doesn't agree with your opinion (although it seems you think everything you say is 100% factual so maybe opinion is the wrong word) is crazy or misinformed, and you really come off as arrogant when dealing with them.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Damn it. A glitch in the matrix.
BTW, did you see a black cat go by twice?

But on a serious note, you are using windoze and IE right?
If it continues, you might try Firefox. Internet Explorers' cache does funny things when it gets full.
And even when it's empty.
And even when it's not being used.

Maybe you used some keyword in your postings that tripped the NSA spybots and the dudes in the black suits put you on "the list".

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I think you're making too much out of what happened. I also have had posts lost before. I reposted the info and good to go.

If you're putting a large amount of time into 1 post, might I suggest you type it on a word processing program and save the work first then copy and paste into a post window as necessary that way your work will not get lost.

The reality here is that nobody really cares what we say on a conspiracy website. We've been labeled nuts by the mainstream.

Also keep in mind there are thousands of websites that discuss conspiracies and thousands of threads within those websites and thousands and thousands of individual posts. What I'm getting at is that you are one person in hundreds of thousands if not millions from all over the world. Unless you have somehow found a huge bit of verifiable evidence that can bring down someone VERY powerful FOR SURE, nobody really cares what you or I write here.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

I care about what jackinthebox has to say. Please do not lump me in with thousands of other posters to thousands of other forums. Every post at ATS is important to me.

The problem jackinthebox had is one I had also. It is upsetting to be typing your thoughts out and then "poof" your post and the thread is also gone.

Intrepid's explaination helped me to understand why this does occur sometimes.

Thank you jackinthebox for bringing this problem to light and all is well now.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join