It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Infiltrated!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
So the question in my mind begs,..
these occurances,..

1 - Vista only?

2 - Quad-core CPU only?

3 - Inet wide or regional?

Interesting nonetheless.

Don't really know but I'm using XP. you'll have to drag me kicking and screaming to use Vista, my wife has that. Pentium 4 and I didn't have any problems. Oh, I use Firefox.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well I was forced to replace my pc as the power supply had nuked the motherboard last week.

I loved my XPpro, used it for years, but putting XP into a quad-core box, is like putting a 1974 Volkswagon 4 cylinder engine into a 2007 FordGT body. Kinda pointless imo.

At the time I was using IE7, but I do use all flavors of browsers including Firefox from time to time.

And as a final note, on my AWstats I use for ID, 88 percent of our visitors (guests and members alike) still use IE.

But what was interesting was I didnt think twice about the anomoly I experienced last night, until I read this thread and made comparisons.

Makes me go, hmmmm.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by smirkley

Could be a browser issue then. I refuse to use Ibill Egates browser.

I don't understand why everyone doesn't use Firefox. 95% upside. The only thing I like about IE is that it will "back" to the same part of the page you left from. No scrolling. I'll take a little scrolling.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I use the same IE I had when I ran XPpro, IE7.

The reason I use IE is because, everything works "out of the box".

It provides forgiveness in rendering pages with poor html coding, rarely do I have to install any plugins, and all sites work with it.

I do use Netscape, Firefox, Opera, and a couple of other deviants, when I am debugging my coding or html changes, as those browsers will always show the errors or faults with a page.

I can make a site look great and format properly, but I always have to have the 'other' browsers handy so I can view our site to make sure it looks and works properly for the other 15% of visitors and guests.

Now, back to the question at hand,...

Did something Inet-wide happen last night?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I don't own my own system, so upgrades and such are out for me. Even saving can be a hassle.

reply to post by mattifikation

At any rate, if the government were out to silence ATS they'd probably just arrest/kill/bribe the owners and shut it down.

I don't think "they" are quite ready to do that yet. But I see your point. The debate in question was quite rigorous, but not really something that goes too far out there into tin-foil territory. Mostly about the government lieing to us, but I think everyone is aware of that these days. (And of course my opponent deliberately employing disinformation tactics as well to defend "the government.")

reply to post by greeneyedleo

While you were posting your concern, I was able to view the thread in question, in its entirety. So, is what I was reading not complete? There were missing posts? - because it didnt appear that way when I was reading it.

The posts "reappeared" after being missing for about 45 minutes between about midnight and 1am eastern, and almost immediately after I initated this thread. I logged off, back on, etc., thinking that it was just some glitch. Everything before "the matrix has me" post, for about a page, was gone.

But yes, quite possibly a glitch. I am wondering if it might have been a "hiccup" in the net though considering some of what has been posted here now.

BTW Leo,

[edit on 1/20/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley

Did something Inet-wide happen last night?

I can tell you that Fretling was on XP and her boyfriend was on Vista. So that's two different OS right there. Fretling was using IE. I'm unsure what browser her boyfriend uses.

BUT, the Vent and Teamspeak servers both going down neither had anything to do with browser since they are audio servers.

So we had Blizzard server (at least one) going down. CORRECTION: The interface (which is the gateway to ALL Blizzard servers would not come up!)
Ventrillo server going down.
TeamSpaek server going down.
Yahoo server apparently going down since at least two individuals in two states were having the same time out issue.
Bizarro events at ATS.
And some one stating they kind of went into rewind on their surfing activites.

All at about the same time.

That's weird.

[edit on 1-20-2008 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
To be honest, there is nothing sketchy about your post or your typed response disappearing before you could hit the "reply" button. I frankly believe your just being paranoid about that one situation. To be honest, I know how you feel, so much hard work simply vanishing in a flash, and it sucks, it really deters me from posting on ATS for the next few days.

My point is this occurs to me on one to many time, and is probably a slip of the finger under unfortunate conditions. Like if your cursor is not in the textbox, and you click the "backspace" button, you page will reset. If you accidentally hit another key, I'm not particularly sure which one, you post will reset as well.

My best advice: Copy your work every few paragraph or so, because you never know, when the next slip up will happen. Or type it on notepad or words, and then paste in into the response box (textbox) when you're done.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by skyblueff0

You misunderstand. It was more than one post, that had already been posted.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Another anomaly detected!!!

This time I have corroboration. I will try to bring the member over to post here momentarily...

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Yeah Ive been having problems getting U2Us from jack also and his responses on my threads some are not showing up and others are showing much later...Hmmmm

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
This is not a single incident. They have deleted entire threads of mine as well. They will tell you whatever reason they can think of. They deleted my thread about Santa and LEGAL mushrooms, saying "drugs are illegal."

If people haven't woken up to this point, listen. ATS is an inside job. The government has Antigrav, Bluebeam, and Hologram technology. The royals control 80% of world gov, economy, and media. They do preserve their DNA but it has to do with reincarnation, NOT reptiles. There are no aliens or reptiles, only scheming, coniving humans trying to manipulate your minds.

And to all the Masons and disinformants reading this. Can you feel it yet? The people waking up to their hive-mind? We're not Beehaving are we?

Don't get sucked into ATS thinking there's any conspiratorial revelations happening here! This is a neutralizing zone... It's good to check and participate in occasionally, but don't allow ATS to pacify you into Hegelian Dialectics with the disinfo agents. Glance ATS like the headlines of a newspaper and be on your way... conduct your own research into the conspiracy. Follow your own hunches.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I was on very late last night....and im in Alaska - 1 hr behind west coast.

I was having ZERO problems - not a one. Not even on Yahoo. I visited numerous sites around the same time peopel are talking about here and everything was perfectly fine.

However, my husband plays WoW and he experienced the WoW problem - obviously their servers crashed or something.

He then told me around the same time he couldnt get on a number of cites: NFL, ESPN, CBS/CSI and he named a number of other sites. They just never would load.

Im not sure if it means anything. He doesnt know - he isnt into all the conspiracy stuff - so he doesnt think along those lines. LOL

Oh, we both use VISTA. I use IE and he uses Firefox. Maybe it was issues with Firefox?

Just thought I would share my experiences here last night.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The problem is not on my end. mybigunit saw that his post was the last post on the thread, but in the "history" it registered that I was the last, meaning that the system recognized my post, but did not actually post it. We managed to corroborate some of this using the time stamps as well.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Check this out - I visit the nexus.com site and they have the following on there index page.

NEXUS email and server problems - PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT MANY EMAILS TO AND FROM THE USA AND AUSTRALIAN OFFICES ARE GOING ASTRAY. WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT THIS IS DUE TO THE DEPT. OF HOMELAND SECURITY PERIODICALY 'SAMPLING' OUR EMAILS. (It seems we are deemed as "subversive" or something.)

Sooooooo!, is some ATS post real time or delayed by the terrestrial powers that play with our minds.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I wonder if Homeland Security is getting things up and running now in the past few days, getting ready to seize ATS when the economy collapses. There is a very real threat of a Wall Street crash tomorrow when the markets open after the holiday. The rest of the global markets have already begun tumbling today.

Have these computer "glitches" over the weekend really been signs of the powering up of systems to seize direct control of the internet???

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

But then why would some people have issues and others not?

My husband and I are on a home network - he was having issues, I was not. And we were online at the same time. I wasnt having ANY issues w/ Yahoo mail - in fact was emailing while others seem to be having issues.

So, why would this "conspiracy"
affect some and not others - esp ones on the same router?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I just want to throw this in here. I looked on the recent posts link where all post get updated with a new post by time and date + name. There was an old thread from 2007 that some one posted to and it gravitated to the top in the recent posts grid and showed the date as 21-1-2008/04:06 PM. Going to that threads posted message it shows the message date and time as follows: posted on 12-1-2008 @ 03:22 PM .

Thats a 9 day and time difference. Explain that?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldShadow

What thread was it? Maybe it was bumped by a Moderator.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Searching for Contactees, Abductees, etc. for upcoming segment.

JohnnyAnonymous ATS MIX: Information 12 688 (5) 21-1-2008/04:06 PM
aleon1018

Why would a mod bump it?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Dave Rabbit and Johnny Anonymous bump the ATSMix threads all the time so more people see them. No secret government agent stuff going on there...

[edit on 21/1/2008 by enjoies05]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join