It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Infiltrated!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Sorry you misunderstood what I said. I am lumping all of us as posters together only to prove that there are so many posts, I don't think he/she was picked out for censorship.

Obviously by reading my post, you know it has happened to me as well and I also find it very frustrating. I do however know that when computers are involved, sometimes things disappear. That's why, if I'm going to put a lot of work into a post, I will save it on my own word processor first then copy and paste when I'm done.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I don't know if this has any connection whatsoever, but there appears to have been a worldwide internet glitch last night just about midnight. My daughter and I are in Houston right now at a motel and she was up at midnight playing WoW. She was also on a Vent server.

Right about midnight about half the population of players on the realm she was on instantly dropped off and couldn't log back on. Her boyfriend, who is back up in Oklahoma was one of them and another friend, who is in Canada was also one. But they were still on the Vent server (so far sounds like WoW server, right?) ACCEPT, that one by one the remaining population starting dropping off and they started losing Vent connection...from Texas to Canada. She was then whispered by a Guild Leader of another guild who is in Australia and he asked her if her Vent server had crashed. She told him yes and he stated his TeamSpeak server had crashed as well.

THEN, my daughter being eventually dropped from the WoW server. Since her boyfriend was one that had been dropped from the Vent server she logged off Vent and went to check her email. She couldn't get on her yahoo email account. To make sure you understand she could get to the log on screen, but the log on would time out and she couldn't get signed in.

She then called her boyfriend on the cell and he could not get logged into his Yahoo email account. She then tried to log back in the Vent server and could not log back in. She also could not even get the link to establish with Blizzard (let alone log in).

This multi-server world-wide issue seems to have happened just about the time you experienced some type of weird glitch.

Wonder what happened O_O ???

[edit on 1-20-2008 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by jackinthebox
I want to know who I was censored by when their agent was about to be utterly defeated.

That would have been me. I had a slow night at work and decided to censure someone. Could you tell me what thread you're talking about?

Saying this happened, why didn't you repost?

Honest to god if your not joking then i think you should be removed from the mods list.

I have seen nothing but hostile behavior from you during my stay at ATS

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta
Honest to god if your not joking then i think you should be removed from the mods list.

Of course he is. I cannot believe you would ask something like that

Intrepid is one of the nicest mods here and a good friend of mine. There is nothing hostile about him.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Reading this thread, I have to throw down my experience from last night. As valhal wrote, I experienced a weird sympton as well. It was when I was posting to a thread and I had typed in a hundred or so words when all of a sudden my new pc went ding from the speakers and a menu file opened and I lost focus in the character message box and the pc suddenly went back 2 pages in history.

I go what the !. Than try to go forward to the message posting page and all my stuff is gone. I had this happen on my old pc which was a 1.8 gh and now it happens on my brand new 2.4 duo quad core pc. I thought when that happened on my old pc it was a pc problem. Now it happens on my brand new quad core. No, something is up here.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I thank the members who have posted here for their advice. However, I think there is point which I should reiterate. I did not simply lose one post. That has happened to me before. While indeed annoying, I can ususally pull my info back together to form a replacement post. On occasions I do transfer a word document for lengthy, complex posts.

This was a bit different though. Several post disappeared, not only my own. I logged of, logged back on, and checked back over the course of about 45 minutes before posting this thread. The posts that went missing represented the culmination of a back-and-forth discussion with a particularly challenging opponent, who's credibility I had just thoroughly impeached.

I just really got the feeling that "someone" didn't want the member's defeat being visible on record. The member often portrays themself as an expert on various material, posts opinions as fact based on claimed credentials, etc. In fact, the member posted an impressive source to back their argument, but when I actually reviewed their source, found that it said exactly the opposite of what the member was arguing.

reply to post by Valhall

This is particularly interesting, and certainly fits the time fram. It also seems to fit in with the symptoms to some extent as a cascading affect.

[edit on 1/20/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I just had a very strange experience. I was in a particulary grueling debate with my favorite foe tonight. I was able to completely impeach the member's credibility. The sources that person mentioned actually supported my claim. I had just finished another post, and when I hit the key to reply it just disappeared, along with a whole page of posts on the thread.

Needless to say I am very angry about this. Especially considering that the post which is now lost was the culmination of hard work to completely discredit the member who I suspect of being a sanctioned disinformation agent prowling here on ATS.

Furthermore, I am very concerned that this has happened, considering the nature of the topics we discuss here. I want to know who I was censored by when their agent was about to be utterly defeated.

If anyone else has had this happen, please let me know.

Will this sort of thing happen again, and get worse, until the internet is shut down?

This was not simply some glitch, this was deliberate.

EDIT to add: This event ocurred around the same time my opponent had looged off from ATS, but remained online. I did not know the member had looged off, until after I had attempted to post.

Fact one: Your topic was not an interrogative, but a statement
Fact two: Your original conclusion to odd behavior was that ATS Must have been infiltrated
Fact three: Neither of these indicate you are using any level of critical thinking

Conclusion: I wasted my time even responding to this post

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I thank the members who have posted here for their advice. However, I think there is point which I should reiterate. I did not simply lose one post. That has happened to me before. While indeed annoying, I can ususally pull my info back together to form a replacement post. On occasions I do transfer a word document for lengthy, complex posts.

This was a bit different though. Several post disappeared, not only my own. I logged of, logged back on, and checked back over the course of about 45 minutes before posting this thread. The posts that went missing represented the culmination of a back-and-forth discussion with a particularly challenging opponent, who's credibility I had just thoroughly impeached.

I just really got the feeling that "someone" didn't want the member's defeat being visible on record. The member often portrays themself as an expert on various material, posts opinions as fact based on claimed credentials, etc. In fact, the member posted an impressive source to back their argument, but when I actually reviewed their source, found that it said exactly the opposite of what the member was arguing.

reply to post by Valhall

This is particularly interesting, and certainly fits the time fram. It also seems to fit in with the symptoms to some extent as a cascading affect.

See, the scientific method is not based on "feelings". That might initiate a foray into research, but the feelings are used to inspire the researcher and in no way are a substitute for evidence.

As a recommendation I would say you should refrain from speaking about what you "feel" when making a radical claim, and stick to the facts. Otherwise your research is tainted with emotions rather than facts.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

OK I get the feeling you're being dismissed without proper consideration for your actual point. Can I ask you a few questions?
1. Do you feel this was a deliberate attempt to censor you?
2. If you do feel it is a deliberate attempt, why would it be done?
3. What was the subject of the discussion that was lost? A brief summary and a thread title would be helpful.

Do you feel comfortable telling us who this member is? I understand you are not accusing the member of anything other then trying to win an argument at all costs.

I think knowing the whole story might help determine whether or not it was an accident, virus or intentional.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

1. Do you feel this was a deliberate attempt to censor you?

I feel that this is a possibility, based on my interactions with the opponent member at various times, as well as the fact that the member had just logged off from ATS, but was still online when the event ocurred. Furthermore, it seems awfully coincidental that when I made an issue about it, by posting this thread, the missing posts were suddenly returned.
This leaves open a further possibility, that once the censorship failed, my opposition quickly moved to discredit me as "just another conspiracy wacko."

2. If you do feel it is a deliberate attempt, why would it be done?

To maintain the integrity of my opponent, and all of their previous arguments.

3. What was the subject of the discussion that was lost? A brief summary and a thread title would be helpful.

It was bascially economic in nature. My opponent chooses to argue that people are poor because of their own bad decisions and that the government has absolutely no factor in the conditions of poverty. I obviously, do not agree, and believe that no man is an island so to speak. More specifically, the member argues that published figures are infallible and not subject to manipulation for political purposes. I hesitate to post the actual thread title, because I do not want it said that by posting this thread I was attempting to attract undue attention to the debate in question.

Do you feel comfortable telling us who this member is? I understand you are not accusing the member of anything other then trying to win an argument at all costs.

I really don't think it would be fair to directly state who the member is, for reasons similar that stated above. I have caught the member in lies before, but never have I been able to so thoroughly impeach the members credibility using their very own sources. The member still
makes claims that quite clearly are not supported by his evidence. As if repeating his opinion over and over, will get people to believe what he has to say. And by saying that a reliable source actually supports his position when it clearly does not, I believe that a deliberate campaign of disinformation has been deployed. Perhaps not by any agency, but most certainly by my opponent.

I think knowing the whole story might help determine whether or not it was an accident, virus or intentional.

The truth is that I do not, and cannot gain access to any clear evidence which would support that this event was indeed intentional. My own "gut" feeling is based on the circumstantial evidence I have already stated, but my conclusions are obviously emotionally biased.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Indeed very odd occurance. I would have to state this is a glitch in the matrix moment. If not a glitch in the matrix moment than a chirp in the consciousness of constructing reality. Just like loosing keys after one sets them down on the kitchen table or desk. Only to reappear later where it originaly was consciously placed in the first place.

Perhaps, a power is at work here........

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta

Hahaha - that post made my evening. Thank you for that.

Intrepid - behave yourself and play nice for once, why dontcha!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldShadow

Things that make ya go hmmmm....

I have had similar experiences with keys. So much so that those around me have become hyper-aware of where I put my keys, after having to come bring me a spare and such. I just thought "well maybe I just wasn't paying attention. Too much on my mind etc." But when your girlfriend says "no, I watched you set them on the desk when you came in last night," you really start to wonder.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I think it might actually help to know who this individual was. So that said individual could be questioned by moderators. If hacking had been involved, The ATS has a lawsuit coming up in their favor. As well as criminal prosecution.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Jack,
Sounds like your browser was displaying an old cached version of the web page instead of the actual current site, probably just a glitch in your web browser. You did say the missing page is back now, right? If it happens again, try clearing your temporary internet files and loading the page again.

At any rate, if the government were out to silence ATS they'd probably just arrest/kill/bribe the owners and shut it down. Since there isn't any illegal activity or active opposition of any specific group going on here, I don't think this place would be worth the time, money, and manpower it would take to "Infiltrate" the place just to make peoples' posts temporarily disappear.

WorldShadow,
Consider this scenario: Some application that you were running may have sent you an alert message (which made the sound you heard,) which you immediately closed because you were paying attention to your typing instead of that. This caused your web browser to become the active object on your screen instead of the text window you were typing in. Because of the alert message interfering, there was a typo that had to be corrected in your post. Thinking the text box was still active, you just hit backspace twice to fix it... and that would send you back two pages. I dunno. Just a hypothetical idea of course.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I just had a very strange experience. I was in a particulary grueling debate with my favorite foe tonight. I was able to completely impeach the member's credibility. The sources that person mentioned actually supported my claim. I had just finished another post, and when I hit the key to reply it just disappeared, along with a whole page of posts on the thread.

Why didn't you use ctrl-c on your post? It's what everyone should do before posting...

[edit on 20-1-2008 by omnicron]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
WorldShadow,
Consider this scenario: Some application that you were running may have sent you an alert message (which made the sound you heard,) which you immediately closed because you were paying attention to your typing instead of that. This caused your web browser to become the active object on your screen instead of the text window you were typing in. Because of the alert message interfering, there was a typo that had to be corrected in your post. Thinking the text box was still active, you just hit backspace twice to fix it... and that would send you back two pages. I dunno. Just a hypothetical idea of course.

No, because this happened with an old pc, keyboard and a new pc and keyboard, mouse. While typing text into the message box, something happens where the pc sound event goes ding and up on the IE7 browser menu bar, the file drop down opens and than it will go back in history 2 pages as I type. I wonder why ATS does not hold the text if a cookie is used to login for a session.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I know what thread you are talking about and who you are talking about. It is quite easy for anyone to find out

While you were posting your concern, I was able to view the thread in question, in its entirety. So, is what I was reading not complete? There were missing posts? - because it didnt appear that way when I was reading it.

So, maybe it was just a glitch on your computer?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

always SAVE young Jedi

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I too experienced an 'anomoly' on the internet, and totally unrelated to ID, ATS, or any other forum. This late last night.

And I love my new quad-core PC. Sure beats the crap out of my old Celeron I was kicking around. And my cache is wayyy big now, it wasnt near full lol.

So the question in my mind begs,..
these occurances,..

1 - Vista only?

2 - Quad-core CPU only?

3 - Inet wide or regional?

Interesting nonetheless.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join