It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah is an Evil God!!!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkweave
Yeah, what are your beliefs? Whats your ideas on where our existence sprang from? Enlighten us, those who follow a creator and the others that drift on a sea of ideas without ever hitting a particular shore of firm ground to place their feet on.

Where did our existance spring from?

Well first there was this big puddle of mud, full of amino Acids. Then there was this big lightning strike "right on the puddle".

It all pretty much went on upwards from there...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

it does ad weight to my belief that religiosity fuels delusions and delusional behavior.

Well, when I finally got down to the wire, the first thing that came to my mind was to approach the topic scientifically.
Since there's really not a system in place to do this, I had to create my own. First thing I did was take the two arguments - pro and con, regarding the existence or non-existence of a supernatural being of any kind. To arrive at the answer, I needed a two part question;

1. Is there any evidence that a supernatural being, such as God, doesn't exist?
2. Is there any evidence that a supernatural being, such as God, does exist?

The answer to the first question was "no."
The answer to the second question was "yes", not only in ancient texts, but in personal experience.

So with that part covered, I went to the next question:

1. Is there any evidence that Yeshua (Jesus) ever existed?
2. Is there any evidence that he didn't exist?

The answer to the first was "yes"
The answer to the second was "yes."

I continued in this manner until I arrived at what I felt was the most logical and satisfactory answers (for me personally).

Whether or not that's delusional, I really don't know, but from personal experience, I feel I've got enough of my own evidence.

I'm extremely thorough when it comes to this topic because it is such a integral part of what makes us more than flesh and bones walking around.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I'm not actually saying there is no god...btw.

I'm just saying that worshiping a god with some stupid religion is wrong.

If I were an all mighty, all knowing, all forgiving , benoviolent god, I would get quite pissed at all my creations crawling around on their knees, asking for favors.

I would rather that these people stopped grovelling & worked things out for themselves, created their science & became everything they could become.

We don't need religion to believe in a god & to be good, honest people & live good wholesome lives.

My God is the Universe its self.

It is infinite, it created us, it lets us live within it, it gives us the resources we need to develope, and when it is time, it takes us back.

I ceartanly don't need some stupid book to tell me these things.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

Which is your perogative. But if you've noticed, we are all individuals, unique and singularly made, right down to the quark level (and whatever's below that).
Some people learn and grow better with visuals. Some, with reading. Some with actual integration of the concepts, right out of the box. Some have to sit and think about it, for a good long time. And some, don't bother cause they don't have time or it might interfer with something else they have on their agenda. It's relative to the individual, in other words. And as a result, it really isn't logical to assume that if you learn one way better than another, that you are somehow inferior or flawed. We learn how we must or we will. To me, that's logical.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
God isn't evil.

God just is.

It is the human race commits some horrendous acts, and what amazes me is that humanity never lears from the past.

Dropping bombs on unarmed civilian populations - the atom and hydrogen bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I wonder whose bright idea that was?

Wasn't that genocide too?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
An alternative view from The Book of Pleasure by Austin Osman Spare, sorts it all out for me.
Until I can find a better way of putting it.

Religions are the projection of incapacity, the imaginations of fear, the veneer of superstition, that paradox is truth, 0 while ofttimes the ornamentation of imbecility. As a virtue in the Idea to maximize pleasure cheaply, remit your sins and excuse them-is but ceremonial, the expression of puppetry to the governing fear. Yes! What you have ordained in your religiousness, is your very rack, imagined though it be! The prospect is not pleasant; you have taught yourself! It has become inborn and your body is sensitive.
0: That God is always in Heaven or that the Almighty inconceivable emanates its conception or negation-commits suicide, etc.
Some praise the idea of Faith. To believe that they are Gods (or anything else) would make them such-proving by all they do, to be full of its non-belief. Better is it to admit incapacity or insignificance, than reinforce it by faith; since the superficial "protects" but does not change the vital. Therefore reject the former for the latter. Their formula is deception and they are deceived, the negation of their purpose. Faith is denial, or the metaphor Idiotcy, hence it always fails. To make their bondage more secure Governments force religion down the throats of their slaves, and it always suceeds; those who escape it are but few, therefore their honour is the greater. When faith perishes, the "Self" shall come into its own. Others less foolish, obscure the memory that God is a conception of themselves, and as much subject to law. Then, this ambition of faith, is it so very desirable? Myself, I have not yet seen a man who is not God already.

Though the wording is a bit difficult for me to understand, the general gist of it suits me.

I'm pretty wary of everything I read,(Especially government endorsed literature like the Holey
Bible.) but find it interesting nonetheless.

[edit on 20-1-2008 by Illegal Alien]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Sure is a loving God. The Pestilence and other part of your Tribulations is by your own hand. You sin, worship a losing entity called Lucifer, you will feel the sting of vengence from the one true God. To us he is a loving God to you, your hell and damnation.

reply to post by XcLuciFer

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The were going to surrender and Truman plus the Counsel on Foreign Relations [Illuminati] would have nothing to do with a surrender, even if it meant lying once again in the History books. Our inner government had to have a show of force.

reply to post by aSEEKER

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

starred & flagged XcLuciFer

I must say that this 'God' sounds evil and meancing and using fear to keep his flock in line, wasnt the christians god in the first bible a bit of an evil so and so as well ?

Evil, meancing seems to be the criteria for a 'God'.

ProTo FF

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

--D. Constantine was a smart man.

That says alot about how well informed you are. I think you should go to the Library and do a little more reading, but thats just IMO, I could be wrong =)

[edit on 1/20/2008 by XcLuciFer]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Okay, I want to offer you a personal challenge. I want you to quit mimicking the stuff you've read by others and actually read for yourself,

What? I'm not sure what you mean by this challenge, but the comment it self doesn't make much sense. LOL your trying to hard!!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

1. There's nothing (and i mean this emphatically) to indicate that Yeshua was a Roman creation. This is supported by the following reasons:

--A. He was a jew not a roman. There was a big disconnect between these two groups as the jews were under the dominion of the pagan Roman Empire and had nothing in common.

There are so many things about him that aren't even remotely roman, it surprises me to hear anyone suggesting he was a roman concoction.

Who said anything about Jesus being a Roman God you clearly haven't read all my post or you wouldn't have gone off on such a stupid rant, Here is my challenge to you Read all the post before writing. And just as a reminder this thread is about Jahovah NOT Jesus.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It is all about context.

Most of your quotes were the punishment for ignoring God's commands or deliberately disobeying them.

The surprising question is why God is so patient with us considering that there have been over 6 million abortions in the USA since 9/11/2001.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
He is Occultist, this aint nothing though he is a BABY OCCULTIST! Madam Blavatsky, ALice A Bailey, Alister Crowley and many more Occultists have all said the same thing. Funny thing tough is they all call Satan GOD and Jehovah (which is not God's name) Evil, but this one wouldn't go that far, like I said this one is a baby occultist and doesn't know enough to speak. I won't even get into the multiple Bible Versions he used to quote from. Try the King James and a Concordance next time and you won't look so dumb.

Do you even know who King James is or what he stood for, I said it once and I will say it again none of the beings talked about in the holy books are Gods, not one of them.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow

oh, and truly what an awful and sadistic nasty evil creature that Jehova is....I'm so glad you pointed that out. By the way, I absolutely adore your avatar!

Also I would love to hear more about the gods that came before the Christian ones....regarding the post where you rightfully pointed out that today's believers have just walked in during the last ten minutes of the show...very interesting, and to think there was a story before the story...who would have thought?

[edit on 20-1-2008 by skyshow]

Thank you =) I'm going to start a different Thread Dealing with the subject of Phoenician Canaanites that will get into the ancient Gods, and what it means for Religion today.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Re: Toughlove

In most cases, it's an excuse for sadistic psychic vampires to spiritually rape misunderstood "bad" (i.e. freethinking, "indigo") children. Most of the really bad kids never get caught in the first place, they just lie and cheat and bully their way into the corridors of power like their parents did.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Jehovah and/or Allah is most definitely an evil god - especially by his own rules and standards. There is another term for such an imperious being who lays down laws but never follows them Itself. Hypocrite! Of course such rulership was standard, and all that can be expected from the kings of the day. So why should the gods be any better?

In many ways the Old Testament G.O.D. was more honest and humane than the "loving" one of the New Testament. He never damned anyone in the OT, to the best of my scriptural knowledge. All the talk of Heaven and Hell was from the NT. Sure, the OT God caused floods and plagues, but there was a certain amount of justice there - "an eye for an eye". The NT is more "you're not a sinner if you sin / commit crimes against others / in the name of Jesus." If you masturbate for yourself, or have gay sex with a loved one, that's mortal sin and hellfire. If you massacre for Jesus, you're a hero bound for heaven.

It is easy to see that the Jews, guided by the OT only, were mostly a tribe that minded their own business. Christians, with their NT, and Muslims, with their bowdlerized version of the NT, minded everyine else's business and the result was 2000 years of genocide.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Oh, I see you weren't referring to Jesus. So you believe Jehovah (Elohiym) was a roman invention?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Oh, I see you weren't referring to Jesus. So you believe Jehovah (Elohiym) was a roman invention? [/quote ]

No No No, LOL, look I know you have a different understanding of the Bible then most, this thread is directed towards Organized Religion. And we both know Organized Religion doesn't address the Elohim, you can do a whole nother thread on the Elohim: sons of God, which goes back further than the Roman Empire.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by XcLuciFer

No No No, LOL, look I know you have a different understanding of the Bible then most, this thread is directed towards Organized Religion. And we both know Organized Religion doesn't address the Elohim, you can do a whole nother thread on the Elohim: sons of God, which goes back further than the Roman Empire.

So you've read the data on Elohiym and elohiym?

Interesting. But let's backtrack a bit. You said

"You be greatful!!!!!! You want to crawl and be a slave to your Roman God"

In response to some other poster asking you not to "dis his god."

So did you assume he was worshipping a roman god? This is what he said:

Yo man get a grip...God gives life and can very well take it away...Be glad hes let your a$$ live as long as you have...be grateful...thats why they were killed because they were ungrateful and worshipping idols.

This was your response:

You be greatful!!!!!! You want to crawl and be a slave to your Roman God,, you go right ahead but don't you think for one moment that I will ever bow to such a MURDEROUS being!!!! I don't care what you call him he is not God!!!

So how do you know he was referring to a roman god?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join