It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah is an Evil God!!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

quite frankly that is not your business.

Why? Because people shouldn't tell other people what they should and shouldn't believe or? Clarify that part for me, if you'd be so kind...

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

How do you know how much time and money people spend or don't spend on these solutions?

Well, gee, let's see now, The Vatican has it's own military, and fleet of private jets, and properties all around the globe. Many people attend Mass on a regular basis, sometimes multiple times each week. I am not working with all the data obviously, because I have no way of knowing exactly how much money people have given that church over time, but I can say I have wondered more than once how many poverty stricken people around the globe could be taken care of if they were to melt down some of the gold crosses and sell off some of the assets.

Then there's the Mormons in Salt Lake City. The Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints....now there's one impressive portfolio!!! Research there will show that they employ a team of well paid executives to manage their vast holdings...it's enough to make the mind spin...Perhaps the church could help bail out our bankrupt government for whom their enterprises have benefited from tremendously over the years by being deemed a "not-for-profit".

Need I go on? I don't have all the data, your right. I would need a water cooled super computer to begin to even calculate it all.

She's the whore on the horse with cup of mystery....says so in Revelations, and then there's that something about "get out of her my people"... first of all, I'm needless to say not a big believer of this crap, but if I were, I could easily see where even within it's own teachings we see the true colors of organized religion.

[edit on 19-1-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
This statement is to anyone who wants to listen. To make a long story short, if it is so possable, In Rev, somewhere, oh at the end I think. it states Woe unto those who add or take from this book, meaning, it was added to and taken from. Im convinced there is a man on this earth(Satan) whom is calling himself God, today as he was thousandss of years ago. And this the so called God of wich you speak of who has made all the statements in the old testament. He has been hard at work for all these years , decieving all who will listen and or read. He has been lieing to all of us , back then as he is now in these days. Not all of the old testament pertains to him. but alot of it does. This will all come to light in the end days. The new testament is what all of us should concentrate on. Jesus Christ is the way and the light. Believe in him and you shall have everlasting life and shall be saved. Trying to figure out hte old testament and its meanings will do nothing but confuse and destroy you. Establish a personal relationship with Jesus and you have to worry about nothing anymore, for he will carry you when you cant carry yourself and he will be your advocate when you are in front of the true God in heaven. The so called god that is in most of the old testament and that is present today on this earth, and very soon will proclaim to all that he is god, will bow before the true God and be cast into hell and his head crushed once again!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Why? Because people shouldn't tell other people what they should and shouldn't believe or? Clarify that part for me, if you'd be so kind...

If I didn't think it was you or anyone else's business what I truly believe or don't believe regarding some supreme deity, what makes you think I would freely offer up that information to you and honestly, do you really care? Even if you do care, does it really matter?

The world has bigger problems and things that need OUR attention right here and right now.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

Here is some one smart enough to see through blind faith!!! You are great don't ever stop thinking!!!! =)

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Believer in Christ

and very soon will proclaim to all that he is god, will bow before the true God and be cast into hell and his head crushed once again!!!!!!

Will you please tell him to hurry up! (nice post by the way, you may be on to something).

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow

If I didn't think it was you or anyone else's business what I truly believe or don't believe regarding some supreme deity, what makes you think I would freely offer up that information to you and honestly, do you really care? Even if you do care, does it really matter?

The world has bigger problems and things that need OUR attention right here and right now.

It matters what we think. Of course it does. Your opinion is important. We may not always be right, but we are capable of thinking and the end result is we form opinions. It's when we experience that opinion leaves the realm of hypothesis and becomes a reality. This is one of the reasons why religion is considered hypothetical, because you have to experience it personally and personal experience is not admissible (unless it's a court of law).

[edit on 19-1-2008 by undo]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

My humble apologies then for my curt manner. I don't think it matters one way or the other. You on the other hand are free to believe what you want. I do agree with you on the subjective nature of it all, and it being opinion based. I experienced "it" back in my Jr. and High days...Actually I've got a lot more "love" (as it were) out of secular pop and dance music...and so if "god" is love, I suppose a part of god is out on the dance floor or maybe amongst the billions upon billions of star systems that exist in our Universe. Will this god come down from the stars and disarm our more than 20,000 nuclear bombs on planet earth? Well maybe, or maybe we humans have to figure out what love is, and how to love, and then begin to disarm and to feed the hungry, and provide health care from cradle to coffin for all...It's for us to do, we can do it if we want to...I just fail to see how one more rosary or baptism is going to accomplish that. Better that we take our precious resources and more efficiently allocate them towards the cause...provided we all can agree on what the cause is LOL

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'm really busy learning how to make a 3d mmorpg. I'm also a mom and a wife, so I got me hands full. That means i'm probably not going to spend much time working on the problems with our environment. HOWEVER, one way I can impact that and frequently do, without batting an eyelash, is to avoid using disposable plates, cups and silverware, recycle aluminum cans and buy energy efficient devices that use very little water and/or electricity.

However, in the meantime, I'm working on how to make 3d mmorpg

I'm also a christian. What's that mean? Does it mean all the things you claim it does? Probably not.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

My humble apologies then for my curt manner.

Curt manner? lol! you were puking at me a few minutes ago.
That's not curt, that's gross!

ANYway, don't sweat it. just remember, there's about a billion ways people can be brainwashed and religion is only one of those ways. (not to mention, the definition of religion is pretty broad).

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Right on!!! I also save all my cans...there is an older gentleman who walks the neighborhood and collects them to recycle, so I know I'm recycling, and he just loves coming by and getting a whole bunch of cans all at once. I also have replaced every single light bulb in my house, and outdoors as well with compact fluorescent bulbs. That saves a huge amount of electricity, plus they have new LED bulbs...I haven't tried those yet, I know they don't put out quite as much light, but they use even less power than the CFL's. I also walk to and from work nearly all of the time. I try to avoid using my car as much as possible, and when I do use it, I make sure and plan out my trip to save burning fuel.

With the paper plates thing, now that's a hard one, because it takes a lot of energy to heat the hot water, and petroleum is used to make the dish soap...the paper is biodegradable...either way though, I don't use many of them.

I air dry most of the laundry, but for some items that do go into the dryer, the air is cycled into the house, rather than outside, and so that heat energy is used to heat the home rather than the great outdoors...

It's really fun to think about all the ways to conserve and minimize waste...I think the next thing I'd like to do is get a few cloth bags and take to the grocery store...we waste a lot of materials to make paper and plastic bags...and many municipalities are considering outlawing the plastic sack...

I know some of the things I say regarding organized religion can sound kind of harsh, but I really think it's high time humanity start thinking outside that box...everyone thinks their god is the one and only, and that they have the truth and everyone else is going to hell...people blow up clinics in the name of god, they blow up shopping centers in the name of god, they blow up airplanes and trains in the name of god...entire wars have been faught over this subject, and if we ever get another big one started (or if we can't keep this one contained) it may be curtains once again for humanity for many hundreds of thousands of more years while the planet cools off and the radioactivity fades away and life returns once again. Humanity can stop this awful slide, but it's going to take new ways of thinking and leaving some of the old unfruitful (as it were) ways behind. And even with this logic, there seems no reason why people can't still be Christian, and yet not be a part of this corrupt and controlling system of churches, clergy, cash ledgers, holdings, dogma, political positions, and threats of exclusion if the line isn't towed....really, we can do better. Jesus didn't say it was supposed to be this way.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I hope everyyone realize that their is a reason to their madness (Riligion Government it all the same), they want us to be ignorant, they keep you entertained with TV shows, video games, Drugs, all kinds of things so that you don't think to much. So you don't get in the way of their plan. If you don't know your enemy you shouldn't be on the battlefield.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
When i said paper, i was thinking of those styrofoam plates and cups and plastic forks. I figure my dishwasher is more energy efficient than that and less harmful to the environment.

I don't compost but i could very easily, due to our location (florida). When I remember to, I go to this site:
www.therainforestsite.com...
(and click all the tabs on the top of the page to help the other sites as well).

Gots too many things to think about and ye olde brain is trying to squeeze new wine into an old skin or is that old wine into a new skin?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by XcLuciFer
I hope everyyone realize that their is a reason to their madness (Riligion Government it all the same), they want us to be ignorant, they keep you entertained with TV shows, video games, Drugs, all kinds of things so that you don't think to much. So you don't get in the way of their plan. If you don't know your enemy you shouldn't be on the battlefield.

Video games. I'm glad you mentioned that. There's more than one way to make a video game! Which is my plan.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by XcLuciFer
Does this sound like a real loving God?
So will I send upon you famine and evil beasts, and they shall bereave thee: and pestilence and blood shall pass through thee: and I will bring the sword upon thee. I the Lord have spoken it. (Ezekiel 5:17)

I am the Lord and there is none else. I form the light and create the darkness, I make peace and create evil, I, the Lord, do all these things. (Book of Isaiah)

Then shall ye know that I am the LORD, when their slain men shall be among their idols round about their altars, upon every high hill, in all the tops of the mountains, and under every green tree, and under every thick oak, the place where they did offer sweet savor to all their idols... So will I stetch out my hand upon them, and make the land desolate... and they shall know that I am the LORD. (Ezekiel 6:13-14)

For behold, the Lord will come with fire, and his chariots, like the whirlwind, to render his anger with fury...(Isaiah 1 6:15)

...and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord and by His fierce anger. (jeremiah 4:26)

Woe unto us! Who sahll deliver us out of the land of these almighty Gods? These are the Gods that smote the Egyptians with all manner of plagues in the wilderness. (Samuel 4:8)

From Author Jack Barranger:
"We have been led to believe that the entity that the Old Testament describes as a MASS MURDERER and HEINOUS leader is the God of the Universe. We have been led to think that the slaughter of human beings in the name of God is a divine act.

From Scholar and Genius, Ignatius Donnelly:
"It sounds like a cry not of a man but of a race, a great, religious, civilized race, who could not understand how God could so cruelly visit the world.

If a parent in this day and age were to do half of what God is doing in the Bible to their own children, they would be locked up for life or sentenced to death. But the religions of the world want you to believe that its ok if God does it..........Come on people when are we going to wake up?

First of all, God is not the "parent" of mankind He is their creator and God. Do we not have the choice to cherish or destroy that which we create ? If a machine does not work, or if a child in the womb is not desired, do we not destroy it.

God is the Father only to his children who have accepted Christ as Lord and have received forgiveness. To them He the kind and loving Father you desire. Those who hate Christ hate God and are no different than all the other "creatures" of the Earth. And as such, God is not required to bless you with anything, nor do you have any rights or privilages. So ask yourself this one question, "Am I just another "creature", or am I a son of God in Christ who offered this "gift" to all who would receive it. Your answer will tell if God is a Father to you or an enemy to you.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
its called tough love

the jews who are the chosen people kept sinning and rebelling against the commandments god set forth for them

it makes sense ( the 10 commandments) would you really want to kill? or do you really need to lie?

god was just trying to give them an easy way to have an abundant life but in their sin, they were punished

Now I have heard everything "Tough Love" So I guess Love has conditions, level and degrees?

What ever happened to unconditional love?

I love you so I am going to make you suffer, starve, inflict pain, this almost sounds like S&M.

Tough Love in my book is an oxymoron.

[edit on 19-1-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

i was just joking, actually. i think it is more than probable it was altered (the scripture).

cheers

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I'm not Christian and most of G-d's rants deal with Israelites being hardheaded, not some narcissus complex in relation to humanity.

Oh I am not saying g0d suffers from NPD since I do not believe such an entity exists. The fact that the personality of the g0d of the bible shows severe personality disorders such as NPD and MPD to name two is merely a reflection of the fact that the psychotics who saw their hallucinations, heard their voices and made their contributions to the holey writ were quite off their meds.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by chutso_ha

Your approach is certainly more understandable than assuming everyone was hallucinating, lying or crazy, as the previous poster contends.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

It was a different time, with different challenges, different perspectives and different solutions. On top of that, the texts were - by some- intentionally misinterpreted and by others unintentionally through mistranslations of language.

Take for instance the passage in the old testament (King James version, I think) that claims that Jehovah is a "jealous God". Well, that was a mistranslation. In the Hebrew language "J" and "Z" are the same letter, and the person translating it read "jealous" instead of "zealous" (probably because that is how he personally saw God). Even those bibles that did correctly use the word "zealous", interpreted it from a more modern point of view, meaning fanatical. In the old days "zealous" merely meant passionate - a God passionate about his children - which portrays a more gentle God, in my opinion.

The bible is so old and has gone through so many evolutions of philosophy and thought, that there are bound to be inconsistencies over time.

What I do is to read the sacred texts and take from them those morsels that inspire and empower me directly in my life - picking "the wheat from the chaff" and trusting my own intuition and sources to guide me. This was advised by Christ in the new testament because, no doubt, the inconsistencies were already glaring.

Well, that's my view in a nutshell. Have a good day -

Chutso

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join