It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anybody help understand this weird letter?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Get yourselves an oscilloscope and figure out if anything is afoot...

And for the letter, think national treasure and figure out the cypher...if there is one.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

You're exactly right and I've never tried to attack Mr. Lear but here he is again posting some smug conjecture and claiming its truth with not even so much as a fiction story behind it. The fact that people continue to look to this guy for information simply because of his name is beyond me.

Back to the subject.

Looks like a cypher maybe. California is almost given to you. Its not like I put my home state on the top of all my letters. However, I'm not too good at puzzles outside of sudoku, so I could be wrong. We've gotta have some codebreakers on these forums who could help. Course, it might also just be a straightforward warning meant to get to you so you could post it here. Its one of those things that I think someone wouldn't just think to do out of the blue. But, I guess there are some really bored people out there.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
reply to post by woodsey

This is what I call the mind drain. If you hear a high pitch sound in your ears out of no where while viewing your computer monitor remove yourself immediatley away from your computer this means leave the room temporarily.

Your cable connection in your home is a reciever even though it may seem to be off. Your cell phone can be activated as a live reciever even if it appears to be in the off position. Your television is a subliminal broadcaster riding on a set frequency wave plus a reciever. Your hardline telephone is a reciever even though you may think it to be off. Satellites can beam your conversations and see you without you having the foggiest idea. Rik Riley

[edit on 14-1-2008 by rikriley]

This only happens with old crt monitors. It usually happens when there is a low framerate with a low pixel x pixel setting.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

Originally posted by rikriley
reply to post by woodsey

This is what I call the mind drain. If you hear a high pitch sound in your ears out of no where while viewing your computer monitor remove yourself immediatley away from your computer this means leave the room temporarily.

This happens to me alot lately. I think it may be a good idea to step away for a bit. I have tried to tune into it but nothing comes from it as far as meditating and such.

Your cable connection in your home is a reciever even though it may seem to be off. Your cell phone can be activated as a live reciever even if it appears to be in the off position. Your television is a subliminal broadcaster riding on a set frequency wave plus a reciever. Your hardline telephone is a reciever even though you may think it to be off. Satellites can beam your conversations and see you without you having the foggiest idea. Rik Riley

I love sychronicity, I was looking through my bookmarks last night and I randomly ran across one that was about exactly what you just said. The guy who wrote the information had worked for the communications industry for a long time and said just that. Also he mentioned a black box inside the cable ready TV sets, and a fish eye kind of camera lens that is for visual monitoring, and said that technitions believe the eye to be for brightness and contrast. He heavily emphasised that the cable connection had to be outside of your home, not just unhooked.

The letter above stikes me as odd, but I wouldn't be surprised. Another thing I noticed is in the letter it mentions using a cellular phone like signal, and lately I have been getting a little short burst from my PC speakers that is similar to the sound when your cell phone rings, only it is a short burts rather than the predictable cell phone signal that cuts through, even when the phone doesn't ring. There is a thread about that, too.

Sorry I couldn't link the article about the cable, but I have 400 bookmarks and I have no idea where I found it last night.

The phone updates with time servers every once in a while, causeing the bussing when noone is calling

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightmare_david

Originally posted by Mindless
That "burst" you hearing in interference from semi trucks .
I get freaked out everyday cause of these @#$@#holes. They use boosters . (read the back of your speakers) they are made to accept interference from any source .

Anyway my point is i live on a freeway and can clearly make out the voices and there conversations at times . But at first i about jumped outta my chair when surfing and a voice comes though my speakers saying "If you dont get over now your @#$@#ed"

I was like ??????? Get over what. What did i do wrong lol

These powerful boosters affect my xbox dvdplayer computer and misc other devices in my home . If it wasn't for me being RIGHT on the road i would never have realized it . As 90% of the time the voices are very faint and when you first hear them there gone by the time you reach for the volume

Back on topic . I think someone watched the matrix too many times . Or maybe someone thinks you act a little paranoid at time and was pulling your chain to see your reaction ?

If you have any followup's please post

[edit on 14-1-2008 by Mindless]

I have a set of headphones that pick up phone conversations.

Just 2 weeks ago I was walking my niece home. We were just walking down the street and I had my headphones on listening to my mp3 player. All of a sudden I hear a womans voice:

"Please tell me you stopped at the store?"

I stopped and looked at my niece and said "WTF....I'm hearing some lady in my headphones". It was soo clear it was like she was in my head and I figured I was picking up a cell or cordless phone conversation and started laughing. That was the clearest thing I heard her say, but we stood in that place for a few minutes and I could hear her off and on then it stopped.

She reminded me that I had to stop at the store for a couple things though which I think is funny

You actually might be hearing a phsycic reception, nothing to do with your headphones or mp3 player. Were you relaxed when it happened?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
yes, I can help you understand this wierd letter:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It could be a kind of next generation viral marketing campaign for the motion picture 'The Signal' which, after months of languishing in post-production limbo, is now getting the Big Push for a US release on the 22nd February 2008.

www.imdb.com/title/tt0780607/

Plot Outline: A horror film told in three parts from three perspectives, in which a mysterious transmission invades every cell phone, radio and TV, turning people into killers.

Trailer: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww1OlziSJuE

'California' at the top could be an obvious hint towards Hollywood/the entertainment industry.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trauma
One thing that has not been considered yet is the possibility of this being a hidden code to trigger sleeper agents.
I am leaning towards the possibility of it being a hidden code with CALIFORNIA as the cypher. As for the stamp of Dumbo, it has to have some significance. Maybe a secret agency's seal of authenticity?

No doubt it came from the military intelligence dept then

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mindless

They can accept the burst, but it doesnt have to interpret and execute the burst

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by shiman

They can accept the burst, but it doesnt have to interpret and execute the burst

Could you please further explain the statement above? Are you saying that it is one thing to get "bursted" but another to have it able to do anything?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

Originally posted by shiman

Could you please further explain the statement above? Are you saying that it is one thing to get "bursted" but another to have it able to do anything?

A.) Read post replied to

B.)most devices have a label from the fcc that says something about accepting interference made by other devices.

C.)The device will recieve a burt, but not emit a counter burst. If there is a code in the burst, the device wont read the code

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
um, im really useless as working out codes to be honest, but i handed a copy of this letter to a college professor who lives for this kind of thing.
I just guessed that if anyone i know is going to find meaning within it, it'll probs be him, although from the bits and pieces i've read, i can see you have almost reached a conclusion anyway.
i'll still write again if he finds anything.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by woodsey

The letter is horribly written so I would tend to think HOAX. Anyone with that type of inside info would have a solid education to go along with that info and I would suspect that they would be able to write a decently cohesive letter.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Lets get down to good old common sense, sit down.

To send any kind of data or information we need a transmitter.

To recieve any kind of data we need a reciever.

A monitor could be thought of as both. It recieves programming language and transmits/translates it into visual data.

Intelligence agency beign able to see what you see - Plausible, at this stage.

About you.

You can transmit short distance

You can recieve short.

The key for an intelligence agency to be able to see what you see would be the ability for you to transmit.

How can we transmit?

Eyes
Mouth
Body

Yes, the eyes can transmit frames but there is no signal here (unlike your phone). Therefore only you can see what you see.

Situation is now unplausible.

Exceptions: Remote viewing? Psychics?

What do people think?

I study networks and signals and such.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Hello to all,

decided to join the community. The letter is real and I recommend to pay significant attention to scientfic research on psyonic weapons, As far as I know there is a method for interferring with human brain by specially modulated EMF. A much more enhanced tech is torsion field weapon, although some science people do not consider it a real issue.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NoInfoAvailable

Welcome to ats.

Thanks for your input.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The information is transmitted via nanites in the body. My thinking is that the machines hold a signal for location purposes. An EM scanner is then used for upload of information.

When first reading the letter it seemed like damage control. Ya know, going out of the way to make something look like a hoax.

I don't think it's a coded message. I think 'California' is just a keyword used for certain people to know where it came from.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Perhaps this discussion should be on the UFO forum instead - Seems to me like an extra-terrestial invasion of privacy problem the sender might be having - who knows?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
i dont think they could see what you see through your eyes, but you never know. the idea that they could look at you through your computer monitor, or tv screen is more likely in my opinion. but, just incase, *puts butt infront of tv*, that'll teach em...haha. good luck finding out what it is.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I don't know the movement of your eyes does create electronic impulses/signals which could be being picked up be ultra sensitive equipment in the computer program.

Look how we can know skip the mouse and control the cursor by using out fingertip.

It is a far reach of the bounderies of the mind but I have found that anything which can be thought of or imagined can then become reality of a physical nature by our abilities to make manifest that which moves energy via thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join