It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anybody help understand this weird letter?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hi guys, my company office in Boston, MA, received this strange letter in the post, see image here. I can't work it out, but you guys probably know more about working odd things like this out than I do. As you can see it says "California" at the top, and on the letter it had a stamp featuring Dumbo - the disney character!

Any help or thoughts are appreciated.

By the way, our company doesn't do anything weird, or are involved in any odd government work - so this is just a random letter!

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Originally posted by woodsey

Any help or thoughts are appreciated.

The technology to tap into your brain and see what your eyeballs are seeing and put that on a computer screen has been around for at least 20 years that I know of.

That they can do that with a satellite is probably a development in the last ten or fifteen years.

It would be my opinion that this letter is real and that whoever wrote it is trying to make someone aware.

Of course I could be wrong.

Interesting.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Much too many
somebody somewhere, anybody, I don't know who, something

What do the one want to tell? That he/she has no clue about anything in concret?

So fine you are warned of somebody somewhere , anybody I don't know who is doeing something bad. ah..nice.

I don't see the point in this letter.

Do you think that there is a code in this letter or something hidden or is it just one that fears somebody anybody don't know who?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Yes, I was thinking there might be some code in this. Mainly because the spacing of the paragraphs seems so odd, and the use of full stops, etc. So it looks like there is possibly some kind of meaning to be taken from the structure, or the letters and words used. I can't work anything out though, so I might be looking into it too much.

It could just be some random prank. But given that I found it so odd, I thought I'd post it in a good forum like this.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by woodsey

This is what I call the mind drain. If you hear a high pitch sound in your ears out of no where while viewing your computer monitor remove yourself immediatley away from your computer this means leave the room temporarily.

Your cable connection in your home is a reciever even though it may seem to be off. Your cell phone can be activated as a live reciever even if it appears to be in the off position. Your television is a subliminal broadcaster riding on a set frequency wave plus a reciever. Your hardline telephone is a reciever even though you may think it to be off. Satellites can beam your conversations and see you without you having the foggiest idea. Rik Riley

[edit on 14-1-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
reply to post by woodsey

This is what I call the mind drain. If you hear a high pitch sound in your ears out of no where while viewing your computer monitor remove yourself immediatley away from your computer this means leave the room temporarily.

This happens to me alot lately. I think it may be a good idea to step away for a bit. I have tried to tune into it but nothing comes from it as far as meditating and such.

Your cable connection in your home is a reciever even though it may seem to be off. Your cell phone can be activated as a live reciever even if it appears to be in the off position. Your television is a subliminal broadcaster riding on a set frequency wave plus a reciever. Your hardline telephone is a reciever even though you may think it to be off. Satellites can beam your conversations and see you without you having the foggiest idea. Rik Riley

I love sychronicity, I was looking through my bookmarks last night and I randomly ran across one that was about exactly what you just said. The guy who wrote the information had worked for the communications industry for a long time and said just that. Also he mentioned a black box inside the cable ready TV sets, and a fish eye kind of camera lens that is for visual monitoring, and said that technitions believe the eye to be for brightness and contrast. He heavily emphasised that the cable connection had to be outside of your home, not just unhooked.

The letter above stikes me as odd, but I wouldn't be surprised. Another thing I noticed is in the letter it mentions using a cellular phone like signal, and lately I have been getting a little short burst from my PC speakers that is similar to the sound when your cell phone rings, only it is a short burts rather than the predictable cell phone signal that cuts through, even when the phone doesn't ring. There is a thread about that, too.

Sorry I couldn't link the article about the cable, but I have 400 bookmarks and I have no idea where I found it last night.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

[edit on 14-1-2008 by musselwhite]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
That "burst" you hearing in interference from semi trucks .
I get freaked out everyday cause of these @#$@#holes. They use boosters . (read the back of your speakers) they are made to accept interference from any source .

Anyway my point is i live on a freeway and can clearly make out the voices and there conversations at times . But at first i about jumped outta my chair when surfing and a voice comes though my speakers saying "If you dont get over now your @#$@#ed"

I was like ??????? Get over what. What did i do wrong lol

These powerful boosters affect my xbox dvdplayer computer and misc other devices in my home . If it wasn't for me being RIGHT on the road i would never have realized it . As 90% of the time the voices are very faint and when you first hear them there gone by the time you reach for the volume

Back on topic . I think someone watched the matrix too many times . Or maybe someone thinks you act a little paranoid at time and was pulling your chain to see your reaction ?

If you have any followup's please post

[edit on 14-1-2008 by Mindless]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I don't live near a highway. I can't say that semi's don't ever go by on town here, but rarely. Also the short burst just started last week.

I know what you mean about interferance, and it may quite be, but it seems to be a new source of interferance for me here.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Can you try recording it ?

You mentioned it sounded like a cell phone . Have you ever heard those little noise making boxes for kids? They chirp and make a sound like a bomb being launched and crashing . Well new CB's have these things built in and others have voice changers ect. Not living by a major trucking route kinda nixes the idea for the most part . I mentioned it as I'm literally right on a 8 lane highway that turns into a freeway lees than a mile from me . Its also(my street) in between 2 freeways (I94 and I75) so its used as an interchange .

I would love to hear a recording . I would almost bet if you left one running it would interfere with the recorder in the same way .

Anyway i just saw I'm waaaay off topic but i just typed this whole book .

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think someone may by "pulling your chain".

If you have the time, or inclination to humor me, could you tell me how this particular letter came to your attention? Specifically the chain of custody. That is, how did this particular letter wind up on your desk.

[basically, I think someone who knows you frequent this site made sure you, and specifically you, saw this letter and is getting a laugh out of it. It wouldn't suprise me if the person(s) wanted to see if you would post on this site, about that letter. I could be wrong, of course]

The comments by Mr. Lear............wow. I'd love to know how something like that could be possible? Anything is possible, I suppose, but that's quite a stretch. This is the kind of technology I would think could be really interesting and unsettling. The privacy issues alone boggle the mind.

The ability to see into someones home through the T.V.?

[edit on 14-1-2008 by SlightlyAbovePar]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This topic would make a great MAC vs. PC commercial. The MAC guy would have a little tin hat on, and talk about Apple's built in firewalls to protect it's user from "the Dark Side"... While the PC guy starts a disinfo rant and is suddenly interrupted by a high pitched tone. The screen then fades back to an image of a huge screen on the "Death Star" and both the guys being watched by Darth Vader... lol

[edit on 14-1-2008 by yankeerose]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
In response to SlightlyAbovePar's message. Actually, I live in the UK, and this letter was addressed to our company's Boston office in the US. One of our girls over there opened the post and was a bit spooked by this letter, so she just mentioned it to me over an IM, and forwarded the scanned letter to me in case I had any thoughts on it. So it is definitely not intended for me; I just thought this forum might be the best place to then put something like this onto.

I'm not thinking this is some conspiracy, but I did find it odd. My thinking was that whatever the reasons for sending something like that, the chances are that it could have some coded meaning, mainly because, as I said before, the formatting and wording is similar to some kind of puzzle - but I can't figure it out if there is one, not yet anyway.

The chain, as far as I know is that this letter arrived today in Boston, addressed simply to our office, not to any person in particular. Our office address is on the internet, so anybody could get it.

Any further thoughts or help?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I concur with the hidden code theory.

It seems to me that the person has deliberately put in spelling mistakes, wierd spacing structure.

From my instincts, i'd say that "CALIFORNIA" is the cypher used to encrypt the message. No ideas on how to use it to decode the message unfortunately.

Any ex-intel officers here familiar with decrypting messages hidden in plain sight?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Why sending an encrypted message?

I think this way:
Someone sends a letter like this to an offices.

First stage: What is the chance that the secretary or whoever reads that doesnt right away put it into the trash? (ah I had done that

Second stage. It's readed and noted: It's a letter plain words you can read it all fine. How many would asume a code behind this? (I would fail here also, doesnt looks like something coded to me)

Third stage. How many then are indeed able to decode that?

I think if it is indeed a coded message, then the sender has to expect that the letter is most likely trashed and the code never detected.
What's the motivation then to sent this?
Did the one sent many many letters in the hope for someone by chance reads it, doesnt trash it, asumes a code behind it and even figures the code!?

Possible.
But maybe it's just that, simple a letter of one that read too much conspiracies in the internet and somehow thinks he can move something by sending such letters althought hmm yes strange without saying anything concrete to who shold be the someone somewhere..
Or hmm maybe the letter is comeing simple from someone that was bored?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think ya'll are missing something potentially big here. It may very well be a cypher and the key word is "california". With the key word you are supposed to be able to decode the rest of the message.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I think I remember reading this before...

It might be an excerpt from Phillip K. Dick's book VALIS or somewhere in that trilogy.
Kinda creepy that you received that it in the mail

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
How can people tap into our vision?

Can they pick up on the electric signals entering our synapses from our eyeballs? Kind of like high-jacking cable?

Crazy.

I have a hard time doubting that any kind of technology exists, after hearing so much from whistleblowers.

Think of any impossible technology and it's already in the hands of black government. No need for it to be in Popular Science anymore.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlightlyAbovePar

The comments by Mr. Lear............wow. I'd love to know how something like that could be possible? Anything is possible, I suppose, but that's quite a stretch. This is the kind of technology I would think could be really interesting and unsettling. The privacy issues alone boggle the mind.

The ability to see into someones home through the T.V.?

I believe the cable t.v. surveillance 'theory' has been around for a looong time.

People like Alex Jones and David Icke (yes, yes, we know, repitillian this and that blah blah) have spoken to personnel responsible for monitoring through cable stations and even cable employees themself who have said that it's true.

Should we really be surprised? When I was a kid I used to look at my T.V. and know out of instinct that it was probably a two way device. When I later heard about the 'conspiracy theory' I wasn't even surprised. It's not a stretch of the imagination.

Stealing a persons retinal vision though? That's definitely heavy.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The way is was written looks unprofessional. A 5th grader can do better. Or teh person just has too much free time on their hands and not enough time to correct the grammatical errors. Or maybe it is that way on purpose so as not to attract attention.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join