It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anybody help understand this weird letter?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by woodsey

I vote that the letter is mental illness or conceptual art. I would explain the odd formatting and idiosyncratic spelling that way too. I get a lot of stuff like that, in my life, seriously, I've had crazy people hand me manuscripts the moment I step on the train.
Now, having said that, I think the trend of the letter info is correct, I just think factually that stuff is a little ahead of the curve. I am reminded of the Air Loom, a vast mind control machine delusion of remote influencing by some early Victorian English guy that I read about in Fortean Times.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
i think i read about the giant machines in another thread. oh i think it might have been a coming revolution. it said they were around earth and can send or cause you not hear certain frequencies. it also has something to do with the electromagnetic field around earth and maybe even HAARP facitilities IMAO.
anyways, i live by a high way to and i notice that certain times of the day the lights flicker a little usually around rush hour. its real quik and you might not notice it if u do something. also i can hear that high pitch tone all the time but i learned to ignore it (i know its not tinnutis because my friend had it and he said it was very painful). also i can here my cell phone "humming" when its on stanby.
i believe that certain frequencies affect certain parts of the brain so i dont think they can feed to a computer and turned to raw data but i think it safe to say that it is at least feasable if you had enough room to store everyones videos (pretty much what its saying).
also if u think about the eletromagnetic spectrum, and if u had a device that can record signals at a broad range conbined with a specific frequency you can see what kind of response (the physical synapses in your brain) you can get from a stimuli (frequency) at a massive scale. it wouldnt matter what one person thinks specificly but it would be able to see what the general public "thinks" and from there you can pick out the anomolies. this might be done by useing somekind of test signal and doing some kind of search through the database of the reactions of others and it will "show" their reactions compared to others.
to summerize i think that the electromagnetic field plays a big role in the feasability of such feat. also i kind of just thought through half of this stuff right now.
i want to add that if what i have said is garbage dont bother to bother me and to point out holes in my hypothesis. i might make a new thread on this but i dont know yet.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
At least it doesn't include the words 'this is a new virus that Micro$oft doesn't know about yet!'
But no less of a hoax - I vote kids having a bit of a laugh

HMMM - Dumbo stamp?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I didn't realise people still sent out spam like this by post - I thought it was all done by email these days ......

Just watch out for the letter from the widow of a Nigerian ex-president asking for your help in transferring $150m out of the country via your bank account, the one saying you've won $71,456,020 on the Eurolottery you ver realised you'd entered or the one warning you of dire consequences if you don't photocopy it and send on to 10 of your friends .......

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
The technology to tap into your brain and see what your eyeballs are seeing and put that on a computer screen has been around for at least 20 years that I know of.

That they can do that with a satellite is probably a development in the last ten or fifteen years.

It would be my opinion that this letter is real and that whoever wrote it is trying to make someone aware.

Of course I could be wrong.

Interesting.

Of course you are wrong. First of all, we need to emitt radiowaves from our braines, wich we dont do. The theory that our body send electrical pulses trough our neural patherns is not yet confirmed. The believe that our neural patherns send sound waves that produces small electrical charges. The electrical charge is a biproduct from when the temperature in the cellmembrane compress and releases.

But since you are so certain, how on earth would our eyes broadcast what they see, keeping in mind that they are just optical and chemical?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by woodsey

Is there any way for her to scan the envelope this letter came in? I'm leaning toward crazy person but ya never know.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Very strange, probably some kook. But what drflux said regarding the large machines. This could be tied to the things in orbit that have been photographed in orbit. Could these things be doing what this letter claims.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by woodsey

I'd like to see the envelope it was received in, with a reasonably dated cancellation stamp from the postal service. I'm also curious whether or not the "girl" expressed any unease to someone in the local office....Also, what is the name of the company you work for?

My gut feeling says you, or someone close to you, wrote the letter, scanned it, and decided to have some fun on ATS.

But I could be wrong. Been known to happen.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The receptionists name was'nt Stacy by any chance, the first letter of each set back line including California are an anagram of "static stacy"!

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodsey

Any help or thoughts are appreciated.

The technology to tap into your brain and see what your eyeballs are seeing and put that on a computer screen has been around for at least 20 years that I know of.

That they can do that with a satellite is probably a development in the last ten or fifteen years.

It would be my opinion that this letter is real and that whoever wrote it is trying to make someone aware.

Interesting.

Got anything to back that up Mr Lear ?

Or are we going to have to take your word for it (Again) ?

Regards
Lee

[edit on 15-1-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodsey
In response to SlightlyAbovePar's message. Actually, I live in the UK, and this letter was addressed to our company's Boston office in the US. One of our girls over there opened the post and was a bit spooked by this letter, so she just mentioned it to me over an IM, and forwarded the scanned letter to me in case I had any thoughts on it. So it is definitely not intended for me; I just thought this forum might be the best place to then put something like this onto.

Any further thoughts or help?

I'd look into Echelon for anything going to or from the UK.

I loved the comments about cable TV, tied into satellites, and cell phone...Beautifully done.

The letter struck me 2 ways. Very amateurish with English as a second language. Odd spacing, so I would look for another message.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

Originally posted by SlightlyAbovePar

Should we really be surprised? When I was a kid I used to look at my T.V. and know out of instinct that it was probably a two way device. When I later heard about the 'conspiracy theory' I wasn't even surprised. It's not a stretch of the imagination.

I used to do this too! My dad caught me waving at the tv screen one day and asked me what I was doing, and I told him I was waving to the camera inside the tv. He then told me that there was no camera inside the tv and that it was my imagination. I replied back that if there isn't one in there now there will be in the future. I was about 8 or 9 when I did this too... lol.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindless
That "burst" you hearing in interference from semi trucks .
I get freaked out everyday cause of these @#$@#holes. They use boosters . (read the back of your speakers) they are made to accept interference from any source .

Anyway my point is i live on a freeway and can clearly make out the voices and there conversations at times . But at first i about jumped outta my chair when surfing and a voice comes though my speakers saying "If you dont get over now your @#$@#ed"

I was like ??????? Get over what. What did i do wrong lol

These powerful boosters affect my xbox dvdplayer computer and misc other devices in my home . If it wasn't for me being RIGHT on the road i would never have realized it . As 90% of the time the voices are very faint and when you first hear them there gone by the time you reach for the volume

Back on topic . I think someone watched the matrix too many times . Or maybe someone thinks you act a little paranoid at time and was pulling your chain to see your reaction ?

If you have any followup's please post

[edit on 14-1-2008 by Mindless]

I have a set of headphones that pick up phone conversations.

Just 2 weeks ago I was walking my niece home. We were just walking down the street and I had my headphones on listening to my mp3 player. All of a sudden I hear a womans voice:

"Please tell me you stopped at the store?"

I stopped and looked at my niece and said "WTF....I'm hearing some lady in my headphones". It was soo clear it was like she was in my head and I figured I was picking up a cell or cordless phone conversation and started laughing. That was the clearest thing I heard her say, but we stood in that place for a few minutes and I could hear her off and on then it stopped.

She reminded me that I had to stop at the store for a couple things though which I think is funny

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Weird, I just saw a new dvd video called "the listening" where they can listen in from a turned off cell phone as well as telephones and other technology. Than they can send a signal where speakers or ear phones will generate a tone to blow the mind.

They use satellites to position the signal and the movie freaked me out. it supposedly is true, but made for movie. It had something to do with echelon and other weird NSA projects.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tep200377

Interesting.

Of course you are wrong. First of all, we need to emitt radiowaves from our braines, wich we dont do. The theory that our body send electrical pulses trough our neural patherns is not yet confirmed. The believe that our neural patherns send sound waves that produces small electrical charges. The electrical charge is a biproduct from when the temperature in the cellmembrane compress and releases.

But since you are so certain, how on earth would our eyes broadcast what they see, keeping in mind that they are just optical and chemical?

Actually there is technology that allows blind people to see faint black and white images from a camera that sends a signal to their brain or something. I can't remember exactly how it works, but it was on a show hosted by Alan Alda that's on PBS I think.

I remember it well because I started crying because the guy who was blind was soo happy he could see again even though it was black and white and very pixelated, it got to me
. They could also send the feed to a monitor where people could see exactly what he was seeing. Now that I think about it the image he saw was a negative image because when he was outside during the day and the sky looked slightly black to him.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

I also received this letter through the post this morning.

It was addressed to my company rather than me, and it was post-marked Santa Ana and was post dated 12 Jan. And no Dumbo stamp, just a dusk beach scene. We're based in London UK btw.

It's wierd as theres a couple of spelling mistakes as well as the dodgy grammar. It's got to be coded as it's just complete drivel, but why anyone would pay to send this in the post is beyond me!

Whatever it gave me a good laugh

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I think it's probably a hoax or prank, someone messing with you to observe your reactions? Maybe if you show up at work witha tinfoil hat, the culprit will reveal himself

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
One thing that has not been considered yet is the possibility of this being a hidden code to trigger sleeper agents.
I am leaning towards the possibility of it being a hidden code with CALIFORNIA as the cypher. As for the stamp of Dumbo, it has to have some significance. Maybe a secret agency's seal of authenticity?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I'm gonna go with my gut and agree with Mr. Penny.

Takeing into account the OP registered just a couple days ago, it's highly likely they are playing a game with us. But for now I'll play along.

After looking at the letter for a few minutes, a few things jumped out at me. Part of which was already mentioned by another member but I didn't see if the OP responded.

-Now I'm reading someone else recieved the same letter as well? Another person who just registered in the last 2 days. This is looking more like a game on us but there still could be a coded message in there.

I dunno , I'm still wiped from the whole "Dollean" cypher, I still wake us with it on my lips. No way am I looking at another cypher , especially for
someone's amusement.

Might be a hoax by the OP, might not, either way, this technology doesn't concern me, even if it does exist, which I doubt it does.

I'll keep any eye on the thread though just to see how it turns out in the end. See if my initial gut reactions are any good.

Hope I didn't offend the OP, or the other poster who said he got the letter too, but you gotta understand ATS is a virtual hot-bed for meme's and other type of wierd new games people play.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
-Now I'm reading someone else recieved the same letter as well? Another person who just registered in the last 2 days.

Odd kind of coincidence, isn't it? Two recently joined members.....got the same letter? Sock-puppet? Co-conspirator?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join