It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
very good thread. I use LOA every day of my life and I know it works. I don't necessarily get everything I think I want however I have learned to be content with the experiencing of LOA meeting my needs. recently I have had some very serendipitous meeting of unconscious desires that gave me a new found appreciation for how it all works. in visualizations, affirmations and any other tool we use to bring the law of attraction and other forces of manifestation into play a clear focus of our intention and will is needed. Prosperity is so much more than acquisition of money and objects of material wealth. just like so many other things it has an emotional counterpart that must be experienced from within before it is manifested on the outside and there is less of a big mystery than most of us think. We just let ourselves be forgetful and become distracted then cannot hold to our vision of how we want it to be. I sure would love to know what you know on this subject because I stand in awe of the master, a student of life.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

On page 3 you mentioned (in response to questions about chaotic outcomes) to set an intention above the intention, for things to manifest in a more gentle way. Without even hearing about the secret, but going through a very hard period of letting go of a very difficult relationship that involved children, went through a deep process of co-dependency recovery, in other words letting go of trying to help the other and allowing him the dignity of knowing Spirit was with him, had formed him, loved him and that I had to get out of Spirit's way and look after protecting my children and myself and enlarging our world, which was very small. This process, involved meditation and affirmations and journal writing. I really wanted a decent home for us, and enhanced income. I won't go into the full details, but what happened was an enormous chaotic shift that involved having to leave the house, moving into a completely unsuitable one (the house on the hill that came suddenly to me during my meditations), and in short was not pleasant. My children were subsequently exposed to very bad elements there, and yet it took time to move again.
Now I have begun to visualize during meditation, and journal writing. I've attempted to write out my goals 15 times each. But I'm very concerned with how the outcome might be accomplished.
So where do I introduce the "intention above the intention". Is it something I pray or affirm during meditation? Do I write it down?

I have a lot of reading to do on this thread.
But since this is my biggest concern right now. I darn well knew the harsh dose of chaos and the strange outcome was due to all my work previous. I have a very healthy respect for the law of attraction, and fear I might add. This time I think I will await an answer before I proceed with more visualizations, and journal writing.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by mystiq]

[edit on 25-8-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
And there are two techniques on this which are distinct from each other.

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. Still thinking.

I hear you say "let the hard work be done by 'The Field'", and illusionsaregrander say "'drawing the thing to you' is less the thing, it is more the 'finding your way to the thing.'".

I see those as similar statements -- allow 'the way', by not requiring step-by-step determinism in the specifics of a visualization 'target'. Allow many ways. Remove the (limited) ego from the intermediates.

Does this effect apply to groups? For example, when teaching, it's almost certain that a portion of the audience will misunderstand the lesson, as it was specifically intended, of the moment, in the teacher's mind. However, that doesn't make those teaching 'invalid' -- perhaps the best interpretation is that ambiguity of interpretation can allow individual variation in following 'The Field', when teaching (or leading) one-to-many. Does that make any sense?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Does this effect apply to groups? For example, when teaching, it's almost certain that a portion of the audience will misunderstand the lesson, as it was specifically intended, of the moment, in the teacher's mind. However, that doesn't make those teaching 'invalid' -- perhaps the best interpretation is that ambiguity of interpretation can allow individual variation in following 'The Field', when teaching (or leading) one-to-many. Does that make any sense?

The problem with teaching in a formal setting is that what you are asked to do is impart specific information, data, to many people simultaneously. You can, (unless you use the Socratic method, which does not lend itself well to large groups) only give a dissertation on the information. All the individual beings, with their individual understandings, coming from their very individual backgrounds, will, as you note, come away with very different understandings. The best they can hope to do is memorize what you are saying, hoping the parts they memorize will be the ones that matter on the test. What they are trying to do is guess what is important to YOU, so that they can pass the class. Sometimes, they guess wrong.

Our educational system is not set up to provide people with a vocation. It is not set up to make them the best individuals they can be, but to make them competent to fill specific roles in someone else's dream. It is not set up to teach them to discern what is most important to them, it is set up to teach them how to be what someone else has decided is important. It is not set up to inspire them to want to know, to learn or to understand, it is set up to teach them survival of the fittest. Figure out what others want or fail.

The goal of the individual spirit is not the same. The goal of the individual Self, or spirit, or soul is to be the best "Self" that it can be. To express its best. Our minds, which are fear driven, will try to follow the path laid by others. They will try to fulfill the expectations of those around them, to gain security, acceptance. Our souls, our Consciousness itself, begs to differ. It is not fear driven, it is love driven. And in truth, this Consciousness is the master, not the slave.

This is why so many of the things we "want" do not materialize, in my opinion. Most of our conscious, thought out desires come from the mind and the mind only. The Self, the Consciousness itself, may have other goals or interpretations. You say you want financial security? The Self wants real security. Not the security that comes from having x number of dollars in the bank, but the security that comes from knowing your place in the Universe. That you belong. Are good enough. And will always have what you need. So be careful when you ask for "financial security." You may assume this will manifest as money in the bank, but may instead manifest in a long lesson that security can never come from something that can be taken from you.

You say you want love and assume that means another person? Your Self wants you to know the truer love, that is completely your own and can never be given or taken by another. The love that flows through you, from the Divine and out onto the world. So be careful when you ask for "true love." Instead of finding prince or princess charming, you may be left alone to find the real source.

If you want to manifest clearly in your own life, you first need to align your self, your mind, with your Self, your spirit or soul. Move from the "wanting" that comes from fear, and into "accepting" which is the energy of love.

As for teaching, if you want to teach, be the thing you are teaching. Dont just hand out pamphlets and dissertations, but be the thing itself, model it. Dont say"listen to me," but "watch me." Demonstrate it, rather than say it. Let the student move towards you, make it clear that they can find their own way there, and that you will give them general instructions on "how" but the path they take is their own responsibility. Call forth the best of them, dont hand them the best of you.

I realize that this is not easy in a normal classroom setting. However I have had a few teachers that have, because they loved what they taught so well, been able to instill that spark in me. The best teachers are not the ones who have the most technically brilliant lectures, but the most love of the subject, and the most faith in the student.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq

Without even hearing about the secret, but going through a very hard period of letting go of a very difficult relationship that involved children, went through a deep process of co-dependency recovery, in other words letting go of trying to help the other and allowing him the dignity of knowing Spirit was with him, had formed him, loved him and that I had to get out of Spirit's way and look after protecting my children and myself and enlarging our world, which was very small.

Read what you wrote here. This is the story you are telling. The story you are telling determines what happens. You write the script of your life. If you are going to tell me more of what happened and what is "true", you´re going to be attracting more of the same.

Sorry for being strict on this, but you neednt spend another second of your life with that story, if you wanna apply this LOA stuff in a focussed way.

This process, involved meditation and affirmations and journal writing. I really wanted a decent home for us, and enhanced income. I won't go into the full details, but what happened was an enormous chaotic shift that involved having to leave the house, moving into a completely unsuitable one (the house on the hill that came suddenly to me during my meditations), and in short was not pleasant. My children were subsequently exposed to very bad elements there, and yet it took time to move again.

More of the same story. You say "I dont want to go into full detail of what happened", and thats very good. Instead, go into full detail of what you would prefer...in your journal, in your meditations.

Now I have begun to visualize during meditation, and journal writing. I've attempted to write out my goals 15 times each. But I'm very concerned with how the outcome might be accomplished.

Instead of writing out your goals 15 times each, tell a story of what you would like just in the same way you are telling me this bad story. Not in an artificial affirmation like way, but as if you are reporting the good things that happened. And if you write as-if-something-is-already-true, you couldnt care less about the outcome because you are intending that the outcoming already happened. Make sense? No focus on the outcome, only on the NOW of feeling WELL and optimistic.

So where do I introduce the "intention above the intention". Is it something I pray or affirm during meditation? Do I write it down?

Thats another topic of this thread but not necessarily your current main topic which would be: Change the script!

I have a lot of reading to do on this thread.
But since this is my biggest concern right now. I darn well knew the harsh dose of chaos and the strange outcome was due to all my work previous. I have a very healthy respect for the law of attraction, and fear I might add. This time I think I will await an answer before I proceed with more visualizations, and journal writing.

Neither is what you wrote down here the story you want to be telling. Every single word you utter, every single word you write is a definition-statement of your reality.

Now get that journal out and go into deep detail of what you prefer. And keep on going with that. In fact, never stop.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

EXCELLENT POST! I learned a lot! The idea of using storytelling in conjunction with the Law of Attraction is brilliant! It's so simple, why I never thought of it before is beyond me. Though I wasn't included in that rely, thank you very much!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Thank you for that in depth reply. The past thing didn't involve any knowledge of LOA, it was a self-help process of recovery. But after reading about this, I was able to see the mistake. But I trust you in it being best not to give a negative program even the reality of acknowlegment or words! Time to try this from only believing the positive. I havn't done anything since I asked you. By the way, the method I was using consciously recently is based on a few online articles, so there is certainly some confusing information about this out there.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by mystiq]

Edit to add: probably should have used a few other words, this is going to take a little practice.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

so there is certainly some confusing information about this out there.

...yet another story

The mind makes up hundreds of stories a day...100 000 thoughts a day. Have fun writing stories that feel fantastic and allow you to feel at ease (relief) throughout the day.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Telling new stories is all about directing attention to new places it hasnt been before...more fun places...

refusing to tell any story of "how things are" and "how things were" (unless these were good stories).

Do this for a few weeks and you´ll experience radical changes within a short-time-span.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
So ummm your putting all this in a book so I don't have to go through 49 pages right?

No?

DAGNABBIT

For what its worth... The Crystal towers of Atlantis, second was Dubai

[edit on 28-8-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Ok, so I allowed myself some more journal writing, in fact ripped out a few pages in the new book. This one is only for telling the story of what I can dream.
So, I've mapped in a large overview of my ultimate goals, but I'm still left a little confused. Only a lottery could do that! And I'm hoping to stay out of the lottery dreams. We are saving up for a move, hopefully withing a few months, to be close to my son in college who wants to raid our fridge,
. Plus this move to the coast was a mistake and no one wants to stay!
Do I just focus on the large picture, or do I break up a few steps in my new scripts. Or do I do both, flesh out the end goals, and do the smaller steps?

edit to add: I've been writing how everything always happens in a gentle harmonious and positive way in my life several times during the process as well.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Ok, so I allowed myself some more journal writing, in fact ripped out a few pages in the new book. This one is only for telling the story of what I can dream.
So, I've mapped in a large overview of my ultimate goals, but I'm still left a little confused. Only a lottery could do that! And I'm hoping to stay out of the lottery dreams. We are saving up for a move, hopefully withing a few months, to be close to my son in college who wants to raid our fridge,
. Plus this move to the coast was a mistake and no one wants to stay!
Do I just focus on the large picture, or do I break up a few steps in my new scripts. Or do I do both, flesh out the end goals, and do the smaller steps?

edit to add: I've been writing how everything always happens in a gentle harmonious and positive way in my life several times during the process as well.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by mystiq]

This is not about "goals". Goals imply a seperation between now and the future (a seperation from what you want). Goals imply that you are required to figure out the HOW and the Actions (Law of Attraction is not about HOW or about actions...these things are left to the "field").

Its about writing yourself into a certain mood without asking about the how, when, from where. Simply enjoying, in a child-like (not child-ish) way placing your attention on nice things.

To get a better grasp of this, try out several of the "abraham hicks" books...these are absolutely perfect for beginners in this.

"Only lottery could do that" is a detrimental belief. The universe has the power to create entire galaxies...compared to that, creating a bit of an income and a house is a breeze.

Its not YOU doing the creating, its "the field", the universe. Thats LOA.

This other stuff is cool too, but its not LOA.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I tend to be kind of shy and hesitant to jump in and comment, but after reading the Astral Pulse, I decided to.

The following quote from Astral Pulse is what I want to comment on: "As soon as we *permanently* switch our focus then our link with our physical bodies is broken and the physical body dies. To put it another way, the body is not the source of the mind, nor does it sustain the mind; the reality is that the mind sustains the body; as soon as the mind decides to disengage permanently, the physical body will die."

I wonder if this is why when a person just gives up, a lot of times they die. Take for example a couple that have been together for many years and one of them dies. A lot of times the other will give up and pass on too.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyknockers
You know that’s the real trick. Sure I could come up with a million reasons why I want to quit but if deep down my mind still believes it brings me pleasure…well that can be tuff to fight. That’s the magic bullet I need, something to turn that switch off in the control panel like in the video Illahee referenced.

Thanks for the help, I will need all the ammo I can find to fight this thing.

Good luck with this! I haven't read the entire thread yet, so maybe you have already mentioned how it went for you. I hope you were able to quit. I too would like to quit smoking.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by shipovfools
I've been stuck in rut lately and come to realize that it is due to a lot of burdens I hang on to – negativity, anger, lack of self-confidence and -love, and even biases (I consider myself open minded and tolerant, but I tend to look down on those I see as narrow minded, intolerant, or too “establishment.”)

Also, I'm terrible at discipline. Meditation, affirmation, writing lists, visualizing...I get on a kick and give it up too quickly. I spend most of my free time reading about these things, and then when I'm too lazy or unmotivated to actually practice them, I justify it by saying, “well, I'm still studying...no use trying until I've absorbed enough knowledge.”

I've come to realize that every “bad” thing that has happened to me in my life has only occurred after I spent a good amount of time dwelling on fear of said occurrence.

We have a lot in common. I too am in a rut and tend to read everything I can about things like Meditation and LOA but keep putting off trying it for whatever reason. I think in my case, it is partly just plain laziness and partly fear that it won't work for me and it will be just another road that goes nowhere.

Any way, I just wanted to let you know you are not alone, for whatever it's worth. ;-)

~Sandy G.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I have really enjoyed reading this thread. Thank you so much to everyone who provided insights and explanations.

I'm wondering what the difference is between affirmations and intentions, as far as writing them down. When I journal I tend to use a lot of "I am" statements to describe who, how and what I am in the reality I'm intending. So if I write "I am happy", is that an affirmation or expressing an intention? Is it more effective to write a journal entry from a future date using past tense? Such as "I was happy when..." Is this splitting hairs?

Thanks!

[edit on 9/3/08 by GirlNextDoor]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Coincidence?

Or I attracted it?

My ipod died out two nights ago. There are no Apple stores in Aruba, just two Apple dealers. They can't fix anything, but I use the Ipod often so I need it to be fixed ASAP. Not just for the music, I have meditation mp3's on it, and important files from the job (files which I will need real soon). Now I needed someone as soon as possible to go to the U.S. to get it fixed. As a coincidence one girl I know just came back from Vegas (so I'm too late), and one of my best friends is going to Orlando at the end of the month (Too long for me to be without the Ipod). So I let it rest probably unwittingly let my intention be known to the Universe and forgot about it. I still carried my ipod to work, and early in the morning, my dad called me at work telling me that an aunt of mine is catching a plane to New York City today. I called her, asked her if she can carry the Ipod with her, and she was happy to do that for me. I asked her to tell them to see if I can get the data back.

Now if the Ipod stopped working last night I would have to wait at least three weeks to get it fixed. It stopped just in time.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandydg350762

I wonder if this is why when a person just gives up, a lot of times they die. Take for example a couple that have been together for many years and one of them dies. A lot of times the other will give up and pass on too.

Opinion:

Well, yeah. "Dying" is just retrieving your focus back to who you are. You´re not the body, you´re a point of consciousness. This life is only the outermost tiny tip of the whole.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandydg350762

We have a lot in common. I too am in a rut and tend to read everything I can about things like Meditation and LOA but keep putting off trying it for whatever reason. I think in my case, it is partly just plain laziness and partly fear that it won't work for me and it will be just another road that goes nowhere.

Any way, I just wanted to let you know you are not alone, for whatever it's worth. ;-)

~Sandy G.

No such thing as laziness...only stuff that is not fun or exciting or joyful or pleasant. And if its not pleasant you shouldnt be doing it anyway.

That contradicts LOA.

If you say "I have to do this crap, but Im too lazy to", the reason you are too lazy too is because its no good. LOA means to find something that is FUN, something you dont feel lazy about but feel good about, and go in that direction.

LOA does not require hard work or doing stuff you dont wanna do. On the contrary.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GirlNextDoor
I have really enjoyed reading this thread. Thank you so much to everyone who provided insights and explanations.

I'm wondering what the difference is between affirmations and intentions, as far as writing them down. When I journal I tend to use a lot of "I am" statements to describe who, how and what I am in the reality I'm intending. So if I write "I am happy", is that an affirmation or expressing an intention? Is it more effective to write a journal entry from a future date using past tense? Such as "I was happy when..." Is this splitting hairs?

Thanks!

It doesnt matter if stuff is written or spoken. What matters is that you can speak things without doubt and actually FEEL that these things are AUTHENTIC.

For example, when I say "I can lift my arm" and then lift it, that is an authentic intention, spoken without doubt. I can feel the truth of that.

If I say "I can lift a truck with my arm" and I cant feel the truth of that, its not an intention (if you could feel the truth of that, you could lift the truck).

Affirmations are something I dont use because they pre-suppose something is not true and have to be "made" true through constant repetition. This will only work when you choose statements you believe in a little anyway. But often, after too much repetition, the feeling (energy) is sucked out of the statement and all thats left is a stale type of boredom...and thats ineffective.

Intending means to write and say things that heighten your state.

Your state is more important than the result, because results depend upon your state, not the other way around. So write and speak with the intent of heightening your state...no matter what speaking and writing is required to do that.

If the speaking and writing heightens your state, it doesnt matter in which tense or phrasing you put it. If it stops heightening your state, stop using it and use something else.

Writing creative preferred-scripts (life-stories) is one of the best things you can do.

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join