It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

No coincidence. The stuff that is really important to your soul and the stuff your mind is used to (such as using an ipod), happens quickly.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Of course I'm with Skyfloating on this one. I don't think I even believe in coincidence anymore. It only makes sense that you've attracted it.

I've attracted the place I would move to the last 3 times by going there before I actually moved and leaving my 'footprints.' By the third time, which only happened this year, I knew there was no way it was coincidence. So now I make it a point to only to go awesome places because I never know when I might end up living there

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

It doesnt matter if stuff is written or spoken. What matters is that you can speak things without doubt and actually FEEL that these things are AUTHENTIC.

For example, when I say "I can lift my arm" and then lift it, that is an authentic intention, spoken without doubt. I can feel the truth of that.

If I say "I can lift a truck with my arm" and I cant feel the truth of that, its not an intention (if you could feel the truth of that, you could lift the truck).

Affirmations are something I dont use because they pre-suppose something is not true and have to be "made" true through constant repetition. This will only work when you choose statements you believe in a little anyway. But often, after too much repetition, the feeling (energy) is sucked out of the statement and all thats left is a stale type of boredom...and thats ineffective.

Intending means to write and say things that heighten your state.

Your state is more important than the result, because results depend upon your state, not the other way around. So write and speak with the intent of heightening your state...no matter what speaking and writing is required to do that.

If the speaking and writing heightens your state, it doesnt matter in which tense or phrasing you put it. If it stops heightening your state, stop using it and use something else.

Writing creative preferred-scripts (life-stories) is one of the best things you can do.

I wanted to quote the whole thing because it's all so great
. I totally agree with what you're saying about affirmations. To me, an affirmation is something you say when you're trying to convince yourself of something. Which means you don't really believe it. Which means it's prob. not going to happen.

A few months ago (April or May) I wrote down around 30 one-line intentions. I just found this list yesterday and about 20% of them have come true and another 20% will be coming true shortly. Pretty encouraging results. I'm not really picky when it comes to happiness so I am the 'general' practitioner Sky has mentioned before, which is why I prefer general intentions to specific scripting. I tried scripting before and it didn't really work out. I think it was because I didn't really believe what I was writing.

Though sometimes I will imagine a specific scenario (but without too many details) right before it's about to happen. This works well when I do it. It's great when you need timing to be perfect.

Great advice as always - thanks Skyfloating

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by geishagirl97
I truly believe all the suffering, Job, was added by sadistic leaders to make the masses their cattle.

I think you hit the nail on the head with this. If everyone realized that they create their own reality, these leaders would no longer have control. I hope one day soon this comes to pass. I do believe it will happen eventually.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Opinion:

Well, yeah. "Dying" is just retrieving your focus back to who you are. You´re not the body, you´re a point of consciousness. This life is only the outermost tiny tip of the whole.

This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from CS Lewis. "I don't have a soul. I am a soul. I have a body."

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Thank you for this thoughtful response, Skyfloating. I really appreciate it. I've been putting your advice into practice. So far so good.

As I've been contemplating all of this and trying to be more aware of my thoughts and "frequency" throughout the day, I'm surprised by how easily I slip into fearful thoughts and how profoundly a fearful mindset affects me physically. That nervous stomach/heart/breathing is so powerful. And then analyzing what it is I'm worrying about and redirecting my thoughts is a huge challenge! I guess I'm not used to being so mindful. That's kind of sad, I guess, but I'm excited to be "awake" to what's going on inside my head and knowing I can change it.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlNextDoor

After awhile it becomes easier and fear less frequent. Just a matter of habit/normalcy.

It always begins with ceasing action, slowing down...and knowing that acting from a negative state never ever yields success. Better not to act at all than act in fear.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Thanks for this thread, it has helped put certain ideas into perspective. I am going through a personal situation right now and I am trying to analyze my response to it with respect to attraction. I will have to explain the story and what my thoughts are.

The circumstances:
I recently quit my job to take another that would finally pay me enough to pay back the student loans which have been in deferment for years. After relocating to take the new job, and working it for three weeks, I was 'let go' without explanation (my friend who works there claims it is because they wanted to give an internal employee the position I had taken, I was only there through a temp agency.)

The day after being 'let go', I was debating what to do, either head back up north where my girlfriend still lives to relax, or stay for a couple of days and look for work right away. I choose to stay. Then the next day, first thing in the morning, completely randomly I type into google 'jobs in (my current town)' and a website by that name came up. I clicked on it, clicked on the field that interested me, and low and behold a job that would be perfect for me was posted, that same morning apparently!

Not only do I fit all the qualifications, but it would have me relocate to a place I absolutely love, a very natural environment. It would also pay me enough to finally work my way out of debt, and perhaps even enough to try helping my struggling girlfriend (she has children from an ex-husband, and she lives in poverty.) So I fix up my resume, write a cover letter, and apply for the job. Two days later I am called for my first phone screening. The interviewer agreed that I am a good candidate and he told me that he will push me to the next level. Here is where it gets tricky: he told me "It might take a while for us to call again for the 2nd interview, but it doesn't mean we are not interested in you. We will definitely call again."

That was nearly two weeks ago! Since then I have done a lot of research on large corporations, and have come to understand that sometimes there are a lot of people that must give approvals, and if even one is out on vacation, it could hold up the process. I am trying to be patient, and have thought about how to apply the laws of attraction at this point, since they have already seemed to be at work. I have gone through so many emotions, from feeling confident that the offer will come, to complete lack of confidence. I feel like the timing was perfect, the job is acceptable, the location is great, the pay is excellent, perhaps I was meant to be 'let go' from that temp job so that I would find this career opportunity? Then the negativity comes because I don't fully understand what is taking so long for that promised 2nd interview to come. I begin to have thoughts like, it won't happen, it is just the universe teasing me again. I am meant to struggle. I am not meant for a career.

So, do these episodes of negativity have permanent outward effect? If I am not entirely devoted to the idea that I will receive this job, am I attracting a negative? There are many variables I believe, isn't the decision in their hands and not mine? Once I get that 2nd interview I feel I will ace it, I have been studying and practicing the proper methods, and I am well qualified. But this waiting is testing my patience, I keep telling myself that they found some reason not to call me. Then I snap out of it and remind myself that the guy said they would call eventually.

I sat and meditated on this. I picture myself as having the job, already relocated, helping my struggling girlfriend, enjoying the natural beauty in the area (I went to college in this area and would love to move back to it.) I picture sending positive thoughts to the interviewers, imagining that they want to hire me, that I am the only one suitable for the position. Maybe after typing this post I will sit and try this again.

I understand that the law of attraction needs to extend to your entire outlook on life. Maybe I don't understand it actually. I will simply try to remain positive. I will tell myself that the episodes of negative thoughts are originating within me, not from the outside. Then I will be able to remove them. But sometimes I wonder that if I can affect others with thought, perhaps the negative thoughts are not originating in me, but are being placed there by the recruiters.

I am open to these ideas, even as someone who studied physics I think there is a lot more to the universe than what the current state of science can tell us. Besides a deeper understanding of QM (as expressed by David Bohm especially) indeed reveals the oneness of the universe, the connecting, all pervasive energy. I also think I was what some call indigo, I could vividly see future events and got my friends out of many speeding tickets when I was young. But those skills were not nourished and lay dormant.

Anyhow, I'm going to re-read parts of this thread to better my understanding. A good combination of action and positive thought appear to be what is needed. I have done both, and am trying to control the negative thoughts. I think I am posting this just to talk to someone, but am open to suggestions that might help. Thanks for listening.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Illahee

Maybe the work on a consciousness-level has already been done and its time for a pause. Thats my current feeling to. We can re-ignite the field again at a later date.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Skyfloating]

Hello All!

Checking back in and reporting on the project. I have not only purposely detached from the thread after the report of stagnation in the project, I have detached from the work group for the same duration for testing purposes.

End Result: Not only did the project go stagnant without group concentration, it has literally turned around into retrograde and is deteriorating in small increments. (about a 15% negative in the overall work from where it was)

I am fully satisfied that every result was due to the efforts of those participating here and I am suggesting as a further test that all who participated and any new participants begin to create intention of success and continue for a set period of 30 days.

Please respond with your intention to participate in this next part of the test as you begin to do so and be sure to stop on the 10th of next month.

Focus items:

1.New resources being added both personnel, and equipment as needed.
2.Success and good will in the unknowing participants, and their attitudes toward the project.
3.Know and believe that your work has already been successful and tested and it is going to be reviewed again in the next 30 days and those after the next cessation.

Best to everyone involved. Again I will remain as a mere observer and only report success or otherwise.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

reply to post by GirlNextDoor

After awhile it becomes easier and fear less frequent. Just a matter of habit/normalcy.

It always begins with ceasing action, slowing down...and knowing that acting from a negative state never ever yields success. Better not to act at all than act in fear.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by Skyfloating]

Agreed. Never participate from fear. It should be seen for what it is, a weakness and ignored by not giving it any fearful thoughts

Click below and see what is really the essence of fear. We run for no reason when we give it a place in our thoughts.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

You know what's really ironic? I noticed your signature and the link there way back when I started reading this thread. But I was too afraid to click it. (I'm pretty protective of what images I let into my brain.) So tonight I finally clicked on it. And then I laughed, and laughed. That is great! And it's an image I'm sure to remember the next time I find myself distracted by irrational fear.

Thank you!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
I am suggesting as a further test that all who participated and any new participants begin to create intention of success and continue for a set period of 30 days.

Can I join in the fun? I'm new to this, but would like to participate.

Edited to add: OK, I decided to act without approval and began today.

[edit on 9/11/08 by GirlNextDoor]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GirlNextDoor

Originally posted by Illahee
I am suggesting as a further test that all who participated and any new participants begin to create intention of success and continue for a set period of 30 days.

Can I join in the fun? I'm new to this, but would like to participate.

Edited to add: OK, I decided to act without approval and began today.

[edit on 9/11/08 by GirlNextDoor]

Please do enter the experiment. I need time to collect the total number of persons here but it is not very large for such giant changes. There is no reason not to take this directly to the humanitarian stage once all of the aspects have been explored.

We are learning things here as we go along that are key to group success in the public arena.

On a side note: I have been chastised and threatened as to the nature of this experiment, since we breach a few old walls from established secret groups, but I feel nothing towards that since there is learning that has the potential to work globally for the good of many or all.

Love is the law. It must be enforced. It feels good to put yourself into and its so easy to do if one just lets themselves..... It feels good too and puts a little wiggle in the toes if you just watch for it.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

In the words of the immortal Beavis and Butthead, "we're there dude." And by 'we' I mean 'I'. Glad to see you're back and that despite the negative progress in the project, you're getting positive progress in your personal experiment.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Thank you much, but remember, it is neither my 'working job' nor my experiment, but something I sought out to actually quantify the abilities of the persons here. I have documented my own successes and I clearly tell everyone that the most difficult decision is what to do with such a great power and awakening. The best thing I can see is to see how it evolves in varying states and then compile a set listing of methodologies and attributes that can then be directed as a 'big gun' to fix all that is wrong. Just knowing there is a potential fix is hope.

Thanks for making contact again.

Best.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Study/experiment/observation...I don't mean to call it the wrong thing but you get my meaning. I'm just happy to be a part of it. And the best part is I don't even have to compile the lab notes.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Terminology is never important, no only desire for the positive.

Welcome back for a new phase. Its hard for me to know what to tell the participants other than at the end we have a log of the progress. From there we can know the power and result, and know also the time period that needs attention as well as other things.

God bless you, and all who take on a part of the experiment. I hope that they may know and understand all they desire to know.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

I will not be participating in this second round for two reasons:

1. Im not a big fan of "creating for others" as it interferes with their ability to create for themselves

2. I cant rev up enough excitement (=energy) for people and a project I dont know.

So my intention-abilities are limited to once per subject, unless its a subject that evokes some personal joy.

However, do continue with other participants of this thread if you wish. Or particpate yourself. Or, if you wish to experiment on something else, something personal, Im game.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
This is an awesome thread, but I have a few questions about the law of attraction.

1. Would you ever attract something you wanted illegally? IE, someone who wants more money is lined up with the opportunity to steal the money he/she needs.

2. What if someone feels deep resentment towards you and wants you dead, could they attract this death upon you?

3. What if two people want the same thing, such as a job promotion?

I'll ask more questions as I think of them for further clarification.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Syntax123

I will not label myself a 'LoA expert', but I will respond to your questions:

Originally posted by Syntax123
1. Would you ever attract something you wanted illegally? IE, someone who wants more money is lined up with the opportunity to steal the money he/she needs.

Why not? The label 'illegally' is a pejorative, however -- it indicate a conflict within the mind of the person doing the labeling, as to whether what they want is 'right'. There are many things for which there is no 'controlling legal authority', or 'clear law' which can label as illegal, that which many people would label as illegal,h off the cuff. Do those people control your reality or do you?

And you must answer the question, since you used the label: is 'stealing' wrong? If you can't clearly answer, then any LoA-type path you pursue along those line just might end up better teaching you your true definition, rather than achieving the ends you might have desired, in specifics. Is that what you really want?

2. What if someone feels deep resentment towards you and wants you dead, could they attract this death upon you?

Yes. But, of course, we all want to live, mostly. So there's a conflict there, which I believe is the root of your question. In my experience, in such cases, the Universe acts to elucidate such conflict, rather than picking one side or another.

3. What if two people want the same thing, such as a job promotion?

Then, who should really get the job promotion? What would a (hypothetical) impartial jury decide? To what extent would the contenders be willing to accept the judgment of such a jury? To what extent would that decision lead them to a better understanding of their motivations, in harmony with themselves? These, I believe, are questions that LoA attempts to answer, in that it states that the Universe acts to resolve conflicting harmony irregardless of past, future or subjectivity, to an extent that can affect beyond our ken.

I'd be interest in hearing your reactions, whether you think my answer 'weaselly' or not, as well as the reflections of those who would label themselves 'LoA experts'.

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join