It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi soldier “Caesar” killed three American soldiers as they kicked , beat a pregnant woman

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
let me get this straigth ,

you acuse them of killing each other when the us just ocupied their country with out any real reason and killed the president incharge ,

they had free education / food in schools
they had free social heath care
they had free medical care , (something you in the us know nothing about)
low crime rate
they had gotten polio under controll in just 7 year , something a " western " country has never succeded in .

there was no misery,
there was no mwds ,

try to get it to sink in ,

you just went there and started to pranced around like a peacock, and now that there is no evidenc for justifying you ocupation you just make things up....

i still belive the blog to be fully true ,

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pyridion
The perfect solidier, policeman, enforcement official, etc, etc - Is a Robot (Unthinking) - Just follow orders.

You have no clue to what you are saying here my friend. This is a perfect example of ignorance at its finest. The perfect soldier/cop etc makes life and death decisions in seconds all while trying to fit those decisions into the rules and regulation they are govern by. There is nothing mindless there for the true strength of America’s military over all others is the leadership at the enlisted level.

If you ever planned and executed a mission you would understand, but obviously you don’t.

I feel that many, in these positions are confused as to where the boundaries are.

Everyone understands the boundaries, and attacking a pregnant woman that is not threatening is something that every soldier knows that is outside the boundaries. If this story was true then those soldiers knew from the beginning they were wrong.

But once again we get 300 plus posts against the American military that anyone of them would get you banned if the word American Military was swapped out with a name or a sex, race, color etc, but it’s ok to do it against our military.

If they did commit the crime, as humans, we should all feel disgust and condemnation. It is a completely abhorent action and deserving of the punishment received. An idiot is an idiot - They don't suddenly become aware of their idiocy when the join the army, police, etc. Maybe they become more careful about hiding it !!

I agree here 100%, and so does the military.

Now lets expand the picture - There are good people and bad people - regardless of country, colour, creed or religion !!! The issue initiated in this thread is about human morality - What is right and wrong - Nothing more, nothing less

Very true once again, but it is interesting that the massive killings by Muslims on Muslims goes completely uncommented on. There has been a huge battle over there that is targeting and killing 1000s of innocent people per month, and the US military has is trying to get under control for the last 4 plus years.

People can write pages on the US military about a false story off a blog, but hmmm, just yesterday

Sunday 6 January: 26 dead
Baghdad: up to 8 civilians reported killed by suicide bomber during Army Day celebrations, Karrada; car bomb kills 4 outside restaurant, Qahira; gunmen kill Awakening leader outside his house, Shaab; roadside bomb kills another civilian, Nahda; 6 bodies.

This is a daily event…if there is no boundary than it is with this type of stuff.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
As a veteran of the US Army that served from 88-2000, I got to see a lot of bad things happen. I saw a lot of good things happen.

My gut feeling is that this is an attempt to undermine any good that is being done there. What other crime commited against the people of the country could be as believable? Rape?...too complicated and not right for the situation. Killing of children? Well...maybe a little over the top. Ho about beating up a woman....No NO NO...how about a woman w/ child? YEA that's it!!!

Could it happen that way? You all know it could. Am I denying that it did happen? No, not at all. I know that the men I served with would not have done such things or let things like the happen.

I hope it is all a bunch of propaganda...for everyone's sake.

There are some pretty disturbing posts on here about people hating the American Military. I can understand some of them and some baffle me. Someone earlier asked why we from the richest nation decide to go and kill people rather than get an education? I will answer that from my view point. Being the richest nation?...I couldnt tell that from my upbringing? I joined the military because my Father was in the military and his Father...blah blah blah. My entire family history involves the military all the way back to the Old Country. It was about tradition and honor and a lot of different things that if you have never put on a uniform that you could never understand. Being a part of something much bigger than just you as an individual...Not to go to forgien lands and kill people.
My time in the military allowed me to gain a college education. Which I never would have done had I not joined. Most join to make a better life for themselves.

To the people that were spouting off about the this country's rape incidents being the highest in the world...What about the countries where women dont have rights and can be traded like property. Or can be killed because they have shamed their family. How many cases of rape are reported in countries like that?

If that crime was committed. It was committed by someone pretending to be a soldier...dont judge the masses by the actions of a few.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
i like how people still bring up that america is in iraq for oil yet I dont see any proof that we are taking oil. and i definitely dont see the pricing showing it at the pump. get a life you idiots who still believe it.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

[edit on 7-1-2008 by sadchild01]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

i believe the lebanonese newspaper ...
why???
because they are not evil liars like american imperialist military that has cowardly orphaned 5 million children for oil, even general John abhzaid admits the war is for oil

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

cowardly orphaned 5 million children for oil

Orphaned 5 million children?

Please, show your legitimate sources and prove this.

You are making false claims.....just because.

Just checked www.hrw.org... (Human Rights Watch) and nope, nothing there.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
i like how people still bring up that america is in iraq for oil yet I dont see any proof that we are taking oil. and i definitely dont see the pricing showing it at the pump. get a life you idiots who still believe it.

Greenspan: Ouster Of Hussein Crucial For Oil Security Alan Greenspan, the former Federal Reserve chairman, said in an interview that the removal of Saddam Hussein had been "essential" to secure world oil supplies, a point he emphasized to the White House in private conversations before the 2003 invasion of Iraq. www.washingtonpost.com...

Retired four-star Army Gen. John Abizaid, who was formerly the Commander of the United States Central Command: “Of course it’s about oil, we can’t really deny that,” Abizaid said of the Iraq campaign early on in the talk. daily.stanford.edu...

Thanks for clearing that up, Swatman. You wanna tell those two clowns I just quoted, or should I? Get a life, indeed.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

Swatman,with respect the high price of oil is making some men and companies that backed this war very rich.Since when have the leadership ever realy had you or me in their thoughts?

We are nothing but cattle to be taxed and slaves to the system that will be squeezed dry all the way through our lives.

You and myself seem happy enough to pay higher fuel bills and rising energy costs at home.Just because crude oil has soared in value since this war doesnt mean the war for oil mantra is bogus.

I dont think personly it was just that,but big companies got their claws in and reaped the rewards that we are seemingly willing to pay the sums we do today

There are other reasons for this war,getting rid of saddam and those WMD lies where not the real ones.America needs its presence in that country considering they had to leave Saudi Arabia-Its in a perfect position to apply pressure on other countries and of course roll the war machines if needed.

No oil wasnt the main reason,but its one of them-takes a lot of oil to keep the war machine running and for now they have it on tap for any future conflicts that may arrise in the not too distant future

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

firstly understand the gest of the post , then talk , god your responses are knee jerk

what i meant is indirectly responsible

But what is rarely debated within the West, is where such reactions do come from and undoubtedly some will claim this is an “isolated incident” and bares no connection to the fact, that inside of Iraq, there currently exists a minimum of five million orphaned children.

Unlike the empty promises and false allegations of Western leaders, the killing of the US soldiers was a direct response to the death, destruction and misery which the US and UK have brought with them to Iraq but more importantly, it was an act of defence and a reflection of the reality which Al-Jibouri and millions of Iraqis are facing daily.

The British and American governments have ignored the repeated warnings, which have been given to them, such as those by The Independent's State of the Nation report, which stated that “more young people today are illiterate in Iraq than in previous generations,” and that “Almost a quarter of children between the ages of six months and five years suffer from malnutrition.” (23/6/2005).
www.globalresearch.ca...

Whilst the world cheered the murder of Saddam Hussein, the Iraq Solidarity Campaign published several articles in Feb 2006 which stated that around two million Iraqi families were living below the poverty line, with many “war widows being forced to separate their families“ and with poverty growing to such a degree, consistent reports have left the country of people being forced to eat out of rubbish dumps
www.globalresearch.ca...

The situation for the Iraqi people, is likely to deteriorate further, as the dictatorship of Nouri Al-Maliki is preparing to cut the already meagre rationing system and will render the majority of Iraqi families into further poverty and destitution, in an oil rich country which is already impoverished and destitute.

Such cuts to the food rationing system will only increase the difficulties and tensions facing the population, as one health worker told Dahr Jamail of the International Press Service last month: "I and my wife have five boys and six girls so the ration costs a lot when it has to be bought. I cannot afford food and other expenses like study, clothes and doctors."

The most deprived layers of Iraqi society are also going to face the prospect of malnutrition and outright starvation, with one mother telling Al Jazeerah: "If they reduce the quantity of the ration, we will be displaced [made homeless] as the money to pay bills will have to be used for food. If we are considered a poor family today, tomorrow we will be considered absolutely desperate."
www.globalresearch.ca...

so GREAT MILITARY WIFE , WHERE IS GREAT USA WHEN PEOPLE ARE STARVING AND THERE ARE MINMUM OF 5 MILLION ORPHANS FOR WHICH USA IS RESPONISBLE(BECAUSE IT INVADED IRAQ)

I GUESS SUCKING IRAQI OIL , WHILE COMMON PEOPLE ARE STARVING ,
YOUR SELFISH RICH AMERICAN DREAM IS NOW BUILT ON IRAQI BLOOD

if i were to split on the american military my spit would get dirty

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by noangels
reply to post by Swatman

Swatman,with respect the high price of oil is making some men and companies that backed this war very rich.Since when have the leadership ever realy had you or me in their thoughts?

And some countries, too [like Russian Federation].

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

That is not a legitimate source.

Your claims are false. There is absolutely ZERO evidence of there being 5 million orphaned Iraqi children - especially at the hands of the US.

If this was the case, then Humans Rights Watch would be all over this. They are not.

Nice try though.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vojvoda

Yeah your right,the russian bear has just come out of hibernation and is growling and flexing his muscles while the Bald eagles wings have been clipped by a wild cheeny shot and its chesty cough hints at avain flu

We all need more cowbell Greeneyedleo!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

That is not a legitimate source.

Your claims are false. There is absolutely ZERO evidence of there being 5 million orphaned Iraqi children - especially at the hands of the US.

If this was the case, then Humans Rights Watch would be all over this. They are not.

Nice try though.

Actually, the figure comes originally from an Iraqi government body, and was presented on National Public Radio...hence all my warnings about putting mouth in gear before brain is engaged:

On December 15, 2007 a conference dedicated to orphans in Iraq was held in Baghdad. Iraq's anti-corruption board reported that official government statistics revealed that five million (or 35%) of Iraqi children are orphans. Wijdan Salem Mikhail, the Iraqi minister of human rights, stated the phenomenon "is one of the most passive things that grew immensely during the past few years due to destructive wars and unbridled violence in the country." en.wikipedia.org...

Still...Sadchild needs to learn the difference between a grunt and the Commander in Chief, lest he wants to accept personal blame for all of the atrocities committed in the Arab world. It goes both ways, you know?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Mod Edit:

Play nice please

[edit on 1/7/08 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01
if i were to split on the american military my spit would get dirty

What exactly do you mean by split
It seems in your huff to go off on American service men and women you may have typed a bit too fast and fallen victem to a source that is at best iffy.

I hardly call your source as "conclusive" eh? As mentioned before HRW has nothing on 5 million orphans nor does UNICEF

www.unicef.org...

Funny nothing.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

However, the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs has a much lesser number.

www.irinnews.org...

Over 1.6 million children under the age of 12 have become homeless in Iraq, according to the country’s Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs. That's almost 70 percent of the estimated 2.5 million Iraqis who are homeless inside the country.

and it is said in the same article you mentioned that it is believed to be an eggaterated number.

Abeer Chalabi.....
and says the number may be exaggerated

So, I guess it remains up to which source you want to believe and when they say it.

Signed................

THE GREAT MILITARY WIFE

[edit on 7-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

No they don't the same way that the amount of death coming from Iraqi civilians has been allow to stay murky.

But yes is concern about the orphan children in Iraq after all.

UNICEF concerned at conditions for orphans and vulnerable children in Iraq

BTW thanks for the link it does have some good information.

The big question is What is our nation doing with all those orphan children as the result of US invasion of Iraq

[edit on 7-1-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
they had free medical care ,

Yes, which included MASS RAPE.

low crime rate

:shk: as reported by 'Baghdad Bob'. You believe that? The MILLIONS that died at Saddams orders .. the hundreds of thousands found in the mass graves and who were tortured in Saddams prisons ... those weren't counted among the 'crime rates' now were they?

they had gotten polio under controll in just 7 year , something a " western " country has never succeded in.

Hello? We've had a polio vacination here for decades upon decades. There hasn't been a polio outbreak here since (probably) the '40s.

there was no misery,

Tell that to the people who were not getting enough food or medicine because SADDAM and his regime were stealing the 'oil for food' money by the billions - stealing it and building palaces upon palaces.

Tell that to the thousands upon thousands of women who were raped by SADDAMs forces - upon his orders and the orders of his two vile sons.

Tell that to the families who were forced to watch the rapes.

Tell that to the olympians who were tortured by Saddams sons when they didn't measure up to his son's idea of 'olympic greatness'.

Tell that to the millions of family members who are grieving because their familiy member was murdered, or went missing, under Saddams regime.

there was no mwds ,

Tell that to the Kurds. :shk:

try to get it to sink in ,

Right back atchya. Glass houses zerbot. YOU try to get it to sink in.

i still belive the blog to be fully true ,

:shk:

even general John abhzaid admits the war is for oil

Who the hell is General John Abhzaid? Here's something for you to chew on .. even BILL CLINTON says this war is NOT about stealing oil fields.

i believe the lebanonese newspaper ... why??? because they are not evil liars

[edit on 1/7/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

However, the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs has a much lesser number...and it is said in the same article you mentioned that it is believed to be an exaggerated number.

So, I guess it remains up to which source you want to believe and when they say it.

Signed................

THE GREAT MILITARY WIFE

Indeed...and frankly, it's time for the Iraqis to do what they need to do to get their house in order...because the Sunnis and the Shiites are whompin' the tar out of each other without any of our help. Further...you'll recall that Daddy Bush left Saddam in place because he was the only one that could keep them apart. Take him out, and all the old tribal and religious strife boils over...same as the Balkan when their strongman, Tito, left the scene.

You hang tough, and I hope the troops get home real soon...safe and sound.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join