It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddams capture justifies Iraq war for soldiers.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Oh I'd absolutly rather be in America. your 100% right on that one. Hey John, you may have quoted ZeroDeep, but he was talking about me. As was your post. "Symathy for him". Trouble reading? Lol, no I have trouble with your lack of an ability to back up anything you say. Instead, you just flame people. Thats sort of a sign that you can't back it up. would you agree?

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by medic
Oh I'd absolutly rather be in America. your 100% right on that one. Hey John, you may have quoted ZeroDeep, but he was talking about me. As was your post. "Symathy for him". Trouble reading? Lol, no I have trouble with your lack of an ability to back up anything you say. Instead, you just flame people. Thats sort of a sign that you can't back it up. would you agree?

Holy shit you just get worse!!! I repeat again I was responding to ZeroDeep not you. Yes it was about you and other soldiers, but I was telling HIM I had no sympathy for you, I wasn't telling you. When did I ever say you asked for it? Go on, back that one up smart guy.............

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Yeah, Id have to agree with Medic, John. Joining the military isnt dumb, other wise, I am an idiot too. But joining the military, then learning what is really going on behind the scenes, the real truth, then turning a blind eye too it, or supporting it, is evil. Medic will learn in time.

Medic simply hasnt learned the truth, Like ECK and myself have. Medic, sooner or later, during the course of your military career, chances are, you will discover why veterans like myself have become hateful and distrustful of the US govornment. Its a shame you have to learn the hard way. Id much rather you guys be back here on the home front defending our real borders from real threats than our military defending or "liberating" worthless #holes like the middle east.

I have been there already. Was in Saudi. I know what its like over there. Its a #hole. Wouldnt you rather be patroling America, the country you signed up to defend, her borders, from all the illegals and #heads sneaking in? Instead of stictching up your bretheren from roadside bombs set up by a bunch of raving morons who arent socially advanced enough for feudalism, let alone democracy?

I'm sorry Skadi but I didn't exactly say that anyone who's ever joined armed forces ever are stupid. When the armed forces for any country first began, and they are actually about defending the country then of course you're not dumb for wanting to join up.

However seriously, how could ANYONE have signed up for the military since Vietnam? From that point on it was obvious to anyone that the military became less about defence and more about being hired guns for the fat cats in the white house.

You are different Skadi, you are not deluding yourself by coming out with crazy comments like you don't care about the reasons for war. You know it's bull#, but you're in an impossible situation. Unlike medic, who just doesn't seem to care, or isn't aware. Either way it's not good.

You've informed me that you got out of the military as fast as you could after '96. How could you possibly be stupid? You saw how things really are and got out, that's one of the smartest things anyone can do, you must have a goddamn IQ of 190.

It's a far world apart from these soldiers going "We believe we're doing a good thing, we're defending our country. We'll even sodomize a camel if our commander and chief asks us to"

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
"Holy # you just get worse!!! I repeat again I was responding to ZeroDeep not you. Yes it was about you and other soldiers, but I was telling HIM I had no sympathy for you, I wasn't telling you. When did I ever say you asked for it? Go on, back that one up smart guy............."

Hmm, well, I can't back it up. Hmm..I guess you win then. Lol. You out argued me. Until next time then...

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Oh, I know, John. No need for apologies. I was simply trying to get you to go easy on Medic here. I once was gung ho like him. Well, not so unquestioning, but even when I discovered something #ed about what i was doing, Id think, certainly, there is some justifyable reason for this, Im just not privy, but in the grand scheme, its actually quite noble. Then I woke up and learned.

Thats why I say, go easy on him. No offense to medic, hes young, hes bright, he has fire, the truth hasnt dug into him yet. He will see, in enough time, whats really up, whats being done to the military. He needs that cruel awakening that comes to many of us. Its hard to see when youre right in the thick of things.

Medic, your intention to serve your country is nolble, and as a medic, youre doing a good job mending those poor souls who are victims of this fiasco. Your service to your country I dont condemn, but them men and agendas that sent you on a mission that was not in Americas best interest. Oyur soldiers are being used and fed, thier blood lubricating the greed machine. I hope you come home alive and sane, for so many wont. its not just the realities of war that drive people nuts. Its when you realize it was all for nothing. Just like Vietnam. 60,000 dead......for nothing. Boys who signed up to defend thier country, dying in a war that was pointless, unnecessary, and not in Americas interest.

I still love America. Thas why I fight a new war with new weapons: the biggest threat to America lies within I-95: the beltway. You seem smart enough Medic, soon, youll learn this truth. But you mjust do it on your own.

Since youre a medic, Id start with getting access to walter reed medical files. Look at what they do to basic trainees. Youll see. But thats just a start!

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Yeah, I can see what your saying here, and I guess thatI don't question things on the grandest of scales, and at this particular moment I can't come up with a good reason why not. On the otherhand, I know all to well about medical help for basic trainees. I was once there. I never went to sick call in basic, and only once in AIT for Bacterial Meningitis, but I have heard the horror stories from buddies of mine. Part of the reasoning behind the treatment is malingering, but I can agree that it probably goes to far.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by medic
"Holy # you just get worse!!! I repeat again I was responding to ZeroDeep not you. Yes it was about you and other soldiers, but I was telling HIM I had no sympathy for you, I wasn't telling you. When did I ever say you asked for it? Go on, back that one up smart guy............."

Hmm, well, I can't back it up. Hmm..I guess you win then. Lol. You out argued me. Until next time then...

LOL! I look forward to it. Later.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Oh, medic, i wasnt refering to the type of care in Basic training. I went to sick call once for an odd problem. One related to what Im about to explain.

Experimenting on basic trainees. Injecting them or feeding them substances they arent aware of that can have side effects, cause problems, ect. Like, my problem I found out years later was related to the birth control injection, depo provera, that they innoculated us with under the guise of some shot for some ailemnt. It has side effects, which include water weight bloating, lost periods, acne breakouts, vaginal infections, mood swings, high bloodpressure, ect. But thats what Im saying, for starters. Using soldiers for guinna pigs. To test or field drugs on humans. I went to Ft Jackson SC for my basic. Do they still feed you that odious concoction called "victory punch"? I remeber that poison well. What do they out in it? It was much more than salt, thats for sure, but I couldnt identify the other garbage they added to it.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Heh, I know of victory punch, but I wasn't subject to it. I went to Basic at Ft.Sill, OK. I see what your saying now about basic trainees. There was rumors in Basic and AIT, that they were putting saltpeter(SP?) in our food to reduce our libido temporarily.(no one laugh) And I have to admit, that the effects were real enough, either from them actaully doing it or from the psychological effects of being told they were.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Medic, my friend.......

That is but the tip of the iceberg of what you will discover during your tour of duty. Use the experience well, and learn from it. You might rip your hair out with the things you will discover.

Poisoning basic trainees is just the beginning.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Saddams Capture....??

well not according to Share-International,
that outfit that has Maitreya as its
figurehead...and monthly 'messages'
given thru Benjamin Creme...from some
Un-Named 'Master', claims;

...the Saddam the USA has in custody
is not the real-actual Saddam, states
the Feb. issue of SI
[my para-phrase]

www.share-international.org...
~~++~~

ps: when i served, army CE, we all called America the 'states' in a minimum gesture...
But known as 'the World' or just 'WORLD'..
as in, "I'm a short-timer!! going back to THE WORLD!!"
...i guess the common parlance has changed over the years...as Medic & others, say America, in the posts...

keep yourselves alert
you can rest later

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
We used to say, the states, when I was in as well. Although getting out, we used the term "back on the block". But alot of new soldiers I have run into in the vicinity, here by FT Lewis, seem to be rather unfaimilar with such terms.
I still use the term the states when I am overseas.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I use the term "America" here because this is a multi national forum. I'm not saying anyone doesn't, but they might not know what I'm talking about. Here at camp we refer to it as the states.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
What we need here is daily reports from Iraq from a soldiers perspective. I'm tired of media spin and political wrangling about this subject. I would be nice to know what the guy on the street thinks.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
What we need here is daily reports from Iraq from a soldiers perspective. I'm tired of media spin and political wrangling about this subject. I would be nice to know what the guy on the street thinks.

Yeah and as the guy is saying how morale is high, pay no attention to the sweat dripping off his head and his wide I'd expression, it's just the heat. And what?... no... that's not a gun pointing at his head.

The problem with that Neo is that if it was someone like you out there, you'd be saying everything is under control and that the Iraq's love you even as they shove a scud missile up your arse. So basically you'll get the same results.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
THENEO

Whatever dude. I'm right. So whatever "score" you decided to create, you can score yourself for all I care.

Hey, I'm being fair, but obviously you really are "with us or against us" I suppose.

You can't justify war. Ever. But you should still do the job.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

They are not protecting #, there was no threat. They invaded without provocation and have killed thousands. They are hired killers for the government now, end of story. I have no sympathy for him, I wasn't dumb enough to join the military, and it wasn't out of laziness, just the simple fact that it is against everything I stand for.

John, can you honestly sit thier and tell me that theses soldiers knew the " true " reasons for war? Your not understanding my stance, they are protecting thier country by orders of the President. What goes on in the white house, is beyond all of us, except conscpiracy.

He gave us reasons many join the Army, Im sure Medic did not join for some Financial gain, via Oil!

Deep

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

They are not protecting #, there was no threat. They invaded without provocation and have killed thousands. They are hired killers for the government now, end of story. I have no sympathy for him, I wasn't dumb enough to join the military, and it wasn't out of laziness, just the simple fact that it is against everything I stand for.

John, can you honestly sit thier and tell me that theses soldiers knew the " true " reasons for war? Your not understanding my stance, they are protecting thier country by orders of the President. What goes on in the white house, is beyond all of us, except conscpiracy.

He gave us reasons many join the Army, Im sure Medic did not join for some Financial gain, via Oil!

Deep

I didn't say that at all. I believe that most are too ignorant to care about the true reasons, that's why they can take these BS orders without questioning them.
Then there are the ones that have realised the BS and find themselves in an impossible situation. You know, I kind of hope they can get their arses out as soon as possible but I have no sympathy for them. This being the result of my belief that anyone who joined the military after the Vietnam war deserve everything they get.
From that war onwards the military have been about being hired guns for the White House and big business, not defence. If they knew this or were too ignorant to see this when they joined, then why should I feel sympathy? I don't hate the guys, but they made the decision not me.
Anyway I probably haven't answered your question at all there have I? Let me know if you want me to be clearer or I misunderstood.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Im sure the Soldiers in Iraq, are not aware fully of the " actual " premise of the war. Im sure thier families are sitting at home, in a daunting state of repression, asking why?

If these soldiers truely know the real reasons, the lot of them might not have gone to war.

Deep

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
THENEO

Whatever dude. I'm right. So whatever "score" you decided to create, you can score yourself for all I care.

Hey, I'm being fair, but obviously you really are "with us or against us" I suppose.

You can't justify war. Ever. But you should still do the job.

You can't justify war ever?

You need to grow up man and face reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join