It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddams capture justifies Iraq war for soldiers.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Im Anti-War.

Rage, Medic is a soldier, hes protecting, fighting, for this country!
Dont kill the messenger as the old saying goes.

Saddam being taken out was a good reason, but why could this not have been thr prime reason. To liberate the Iraqi people, and not save " us " from supposed " WMDS ".

Deep

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
We were totally justified to kick the murderous tyrants arse out of Bagdad. If he did not have WMD (even though we helped him aquire them years before), then he was at the least capable of making and distributting them. God save the Iraqi soccer team who were liberated from kicking concrete balls after a loss.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

then he was at the least capable of making and distributting them.

As is, North Kores, China, Russia, Tawian.........

Deep

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by medic
...... without fear of having to explain them or back them up in any intelligent way.

Medic: You shouldn't have taken offense. What problem or confusion do you have with the sentiment in that statement, that for soldiers in the field, questioning the chain of command is a very bad thing?
Yes the home & home office is damn comfy... I earned it, starting with a trade for service with my Uncle Sam.
Don't presume that anti-war means anti-soldier or anti-military.
On the contrary, it's because I want my military safe & whole that I don't want them in Iraq or anywhere else as a tool of Corporate Imperialism.
Expect more from your citizen leadership than having all those deaths & all those casualites meekly justified by cathing one 3rd world tyrant.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Those countries better clearly display they are not threating to the rest of free world. If they proliferate WMD by helping distrute to entities who seek to use them agains helpless citizens of the world, then lets get them first.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by medic
yeah, unfortunatly people who arn't here don't get the big picture. I won't say that I was 100% for the war but I'm already here, so...... I can see progress in this country everyday. But the media doesn't focus on that, instead they only report every attack and bombing. It's a shame. The Iraqi people, for the most part, are really happy about us being here, and saddam being gone. Obviously some aren't, as the bombings and such show. I mean we had 3 rifle fired grenades launched at us tonight. But that doesn't mean everyone here hates us. We are rebuilding the Iraqi army, and ALL of those guys love it. I have now served on 2 missions with them and they are great people to work with. So in the end people can say what they want, show me whatever links, do whatever, but nothing is gonna change what I hear from the Iraqis on a daily basis. And no amount of "proof" is gonna deny that.

I'll tell you why man, CNN, communist news network!

Funny how the lefties arn't slamming CNN these days like they were a few months ago? I know why, the liberal owned media by a select group of people are deciding to dump Bush now because they got promises from Boneboy Kerry to do as he is told.

Stay tuned to watch the hypocrisy on a station near you... story developing...

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Medic, im not sure about this. How many soldiers are there in Iraq anti-war stances? If there are very few, wouldn't that create a ultra pro-war environment? This isn't the same as brain-washing, but it will probably sway your opinion.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Uh is this like, if there is an overwhelming opinion on something like how do I turn it around to support my opposing opinion kinda question or idea, suggestion thingy?

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
While I was anti-war, I feel anybody (pro-war or anti-war) who debates whether it was the right choice or not is wasting their time.

For those who didn't support the war, that's great. But for you to continue to not support it after the fact doesn't show much wisdom. It happened, so it's not an issue anymore. Nothing you can do about it. And so what if it was a bad choice? The price will be paid, unfortunately. But why waste your time trying to change something you can't change? Let the past be the past. At least it wasn't your fault.

For those who are pro-war and create posts like this claiming that pro-war statements by the soldiers justify this war, find another hobby. Nobody really cares whether or not you think it was right. War, in the end, is never right, so for you to go off scrambling to find a way to make it "right" is pretty sad. It's almost like having a "perfect" child who is a bully/snob towards other kids and you as a parent trying to justify it by saying "kids will be kids." You can't justify something that's not right.

And seekerof, I wish you all the best in the world. Don't ask why. Just know you're going to need EVERY BIT OF IT.

Let me just say this. Persian Gulf War II happened. Anti-war people, get over it and move on. The government could really care less what you think. Pro-war, continue to support the war. Just don't try to make it any more than it is. No wonder they call you "propoganda messengers."

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
sweat....
Being that you are acting now on my psychological behalf, when do I expect the bill for this assertion (below)?

"And seekerof, I wish you all the best in the world. Don't ask why. Just know you're going to need EVERY BIT OF IT."

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Guys, the ONLY documented case of brainwashing was with the POWs in Korea.

It seems now that the term 'brainwashing' is applied to anybody who will not change their mind to share your view.

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   

For those who didn't support the war, that's great. But for you to continue to not support it after the fact doesn't show much wisdom. It happened, so it's not an issue anymore. Nothing you can do about it. And so what if it was a bad choice? The price will be paid, unfortunately. But why waste your time trying to change something you can't change? Let the past be the past. At least it wasn't your fault.

Swine are those who rule this earth with these Ideologies! The more people subject to these views the more we sit back and let " them " plauge this world.

Deep

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Medic,
Thank you and the rest of the soldiers for your service to this country!

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Bout Time, I was talking about your statement about how you don't want soldiers online, except to talk to thier families, and how you don't want us thinking for our selves. I don't know how you all percieve the army, but it isn't like 'Nam or some bogus story someone will tell me about how the soldiers don't question their leadership. Trust me we do. But in the end we have no sayin how things are done. I've said it before and i'll say it agian; I wasn't pro-war when I came here. To me it was just doing what I had to do. But this country is making progress, and for that I think it's a good thing we came. End of story. It way not have been justified. I don't care. WE ARE STILL HERE. whether people think it was justified or not, doesn't make any difference. I have no problem with Anti-war people, or people who think bush is the bad guy. Alot of us think he has a couple screws loose too. And not really anyone here is pro-war per say. But this country is in alot better shape now then before. No one joins the army to go to war. (except for the dumb ones) But when we do have to go, then we go. We don't getto pick what happens. And people will say " you joined, you knew what would happen". Thats BS. A majority of us joined to get college money, or because we had no idea what to do next in life. I have to tell ya, I didn't join with the idea of tryin to be Rambo in my head. ok...done with my rant....Bout time please understand, i'm not coming after you because of Anti-war sentinments....I'm interested in your comment about the soldiers not thinking for themselves. And by the way we can't even IM our families anymore, because the Army shut that down for us. Zero Deep, you honesty have one of the best mentalities here. You hear us out and then counter like an adult. I respect that, and I respect you. And Seekerof, I gotta admit, you called it like you saw it with Rage. You said Brainwashing, and sure enough....

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
.....I have issue with anyone who does not respect our military. Thus, my "online" comment soley centered on people in the field getting even close to demoralized from getting on a forum and reading scathing commentary on our 'immoral'soldiers.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
There is evidence that saddam was raped while in u.s. custody.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I've read several messages by you today Gotti. None of them are based on evidence. Do you care to back up any of your baffoonery with facts...or citations?

I doubt it.

Luke

You seem to be someone who likes to read their own posts or write for the sake of writing even though you have nothing to say.

My 2 cents.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I dont think jesus would be to happy about invading and slaughtering the innocent iraqis..jesus woudl be very angry and smite you all!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
I dont think jesus would be to happy about invading and slaughtering the innocent iraqis..jesus woudl be very angry and smite you all!!!

Are you retarded or just on crack?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Iraq has to be given back to the iraqis, but that will never happen as the Americans will always have a say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join