It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul keeps white supremacist donation

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

You're falling for the trap Pal. :shk:

He didn't accept money from an organization, it was a private citizen.

Furthermore, this is all a clear fallacy of Composition against Dr. Paul, and his various other supporters.

It's nothing but a Red Herring and you're buying it hook, line, and sinker.

Ron Paul does not "support Nazis" in any way shape or form. Dr. Paul, Mr. Black, and even FredT have all acknowledged that fact. It's time to see the light.

[edit on 12/21/07 by redmage]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Palasheea

Not offense but.
Do you have even the teeniest, tiniest molecule of an inkling about the subject of which you speak?

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Actions speak louder than words. By accepting that donation, RP was in effect, giving his endorsement of Black's white supremacist organization.

This is clear as day .. and I have absolutely ZERO interest in finding out more about this character because quite frankly, I find him revolting.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   

I'll take that as a "I don't have an answer" -- thanks.
But nice try at an utterly cheap, pathetic attempt to avoid the actual point and sidetrack those who are unwilling to decide for themselves.

Once again you try to imply that Ron Paul supports the beliefs of those that donated to him, but completely disregard or ignore the actual reason he refused to give back the money.

Respect gone...

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Palasheea

Not offense but.
Do you have even the teeniest, tiniest molecule of an inkling about the subject of which you speak?

Lol, on the subject of Ron Paul? I don't need to know anything more about him than what I know now.

Nor do I want to know anything more about him because anyone who supports Black's organization is a NAZIS.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
This is clear as day .. and I have absolutely ZERO interest in finding out more about this character because quite frankly, I find him revolting.

In other words, you'd rather stick to your assumptions based on ignorance -- rather than actually find out from the man himself why he did it? That's what I thought. You have an agenda, you're not here to learn anything -- and you're unwilling to "deny ignorance" by actually debating the points made to you.

I find that revolting.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I think it's safe to say that you aren't interested in the denial of ignorance then.

This is a different candidate than most people are used to.
Welcome to the pander free zone.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Ok.. you're right. I'll read up on him because obviously some of you are very obsessed with this candidate and this intrigues me.

But if I were you, I would be writing a letter to this candidate to suggest to him that he needs to return that donation. Tell him that he owes that to all of his supporters because unless he does that, his campaign is OVER.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Actions speak louder than words. By accepting that donation, RP was in effect, giving his endorsement of Black's white supremacist organization.

You just won the prize with that one... :shk:

You've already admitted that this (the Cavuto interview) was the first time you've ever heard him speak. Then you went on to say that the reason people like him is because he's so much like Bush (clearly showing a lack of knowledge regarding Dr. Paul's beliefs). Follow that up with misquoting me (thinking it was FredT's words) and you're on quite a roll.

Sadly even Black is informed enough to know that Dr. Paul does not, in any way, shape, or form, endorse white supremacy. Yet you fell for that MSM induced fallacy hook, line, and sinker.

Someone out there doesn't want you to find out more about his character, and you just made their job that much easier. :shk:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Ron Paul can find a better way to spend the money then that scumbag could. This is just a smear campaign against him because people are starting to realize he matters in this election.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Redmage

You are intentionally putting words in my mouth that I never said.. I SAID that RP LOOKS a lot and ACTS a lot like Bush. They have the same kinds of facial expressions and mannerisms and it's my belief that many of you are drawn to that familiarity on an unconscious level.

The reason why is because there have been so many changes over the past few years... too many changes to keep up with... too many BAD changes. And because of this, many of you are wanting to stick with something familiar because this gives you a sense of security and comfort -- albeit, a false one. RP LOOKS like Bush and therefore fits the bill. His message is a lot different (or maybe the same only repackaged in a different box.. but need to check on that) but because he physically resembles Bush, this is why you are all drawn to him.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Thanks for at least taking the time to read further.
Should be an interesting voyage for you.
Feel free to ask any questions.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Thanks spacedoubt!

If I like what I find.. then I'll be the first to admit it but I will nevertheless write to this candidate and suggest that he needs to return that money -- that is, if I find myself in agreement with his platform.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I suggest you do just that. Send the campaign a note about your feelings.
There is discussion amongst his supporters on whether he should return the money, or not. So, not even those who are voting for him, are in complete complete agreement.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   

The reason why is because there have been so many changes over the past few years... too many changes to keep up with... too many BAD changes. And because of this, many of you are wanting to stick with something familiar because this gives you a sense of security and comfort -- albeit, a false one. RP LOOKS like Bush and therefore fits the bill. His message is a lot different (or maybe the same only repackaged in a different box.. but need to check on that) but because he physically resembles Bush, this is why you are all drawn to him.

I think you'll find 99% of Ron Paul supporters are attracted to his message, because it is completely opposite of Bush's. I don't know where you got the idea that we'd find "comfort and security" in sticking with something familiar. We're the same people that want Bush and Cheney to rot in jail for the rest of their lives, ya know?

Anyway -- I'm glad that you're atleast willing to do some more research... but regarding the issue of whether it was a mistake for him to keep the money, could you also read my previous reply to FredT and then tell why it's still wrong? When you got time that is.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Redmage

You are intentionally putting words in my mouth that I never said.

That certainly wasn't my intention. I said that you believed people liked him because he's so much like Bush. Your exact words were:

Now I'm understanding why so many of you are attracted to this candidate and in my view, at the present time, it's more to do with him resembling Bush in those things I just mentioned than anything this guy is saying.

I don't feel that my paraphrasing was really that far "off base" here, and your ending of "it's more to do with him resembling Bush in those things I just mentioned than anything this guy is saying. " clearly, I felt, showed a complete lack of knowledge regarding Dr. Paul's beliefs.

I think that once you find out a bit more about the man, you'll see why some of us found the comparison a bit humorous.

Good luck with your research, and as Spacedoubt already mentioned; "Feel free to ask any questions."

If, in the end, you find that he's not the candidate for you... more power to ya! At least you'll be making an informed decision instead of falling for a MSM red herring.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
reply to post by FredT

Ron Paul can find a better way to spend the money then that scumbag could. This is just a smear campaign against him because people are starting to realize he matters in this election.

I agree with you on that... that reporter posed a sh#t trench question to RP but only after a discussion on what constitutes "warm and fuzzy" in political campaign advertisements...

Sort of reminds me when that reporter asked Dan Quale... "Could you please tell why so many people believe you are not qualified to be vice president?"

But it goes without saying that RP deserved what was coming to him.. You don't accept donations like that and expect to win elections. This is why at the present time, it does not appear that he's really interested in taking his campaign to the next level. So why would one want to support such a candidate like this? There's absolutely no way he's going to even reach the top 3, if he's not willing to play the game...
And how well would such an official do in international negotiations if he's not willing to bend some for the sake of diplomacy?
As it is now, I'm seeing someone who is extremely inflexible ... a mule.

His not giving that money back is a case in point where he's subjecting himself and his campaign to ridicule because of that... I don't think he's being fair to his supporters who are investing thousands of dollars into his campaign as well as an enormous amt. of time and energy to get it off and running. IMHO

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

I suggest you do just that. Send the campaign a note about your feelings.
There is discussion amongst his supporters on whether he should return the money, or not. So, not even those who are voting for him, are in complete complete agreement.

Oh... that's GOOD to know. I really can't see how I and some others here were too off base in our concerns about this.

Will read up on RP .. thanks.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko

Let me read up on him and I'll answer your questions after I do that.

thanks

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Redmage

You are intentionally putting words in my mouth that I never said.. I SAID that RP LOOKS a lot and ACTS a lot like Bush. They have the same kinds of facial expressions and mannerisms and it's my belief that many of you are drawn to that familiarity on an unconscious level.

You are completely wrong and off base...

Looks like bush? unconscious level? um right..

People voted for Bush Because he was a Republican and his last name was BUSH, they didn't give a damn about his message as that message has obviously been proven a lie, Just looking into his past hes screwed up damn near everything hes gotten control over, had citizens actually done this in 2000 we'd still be getting screw over just not quite as bad..

So don't even try to explain away our Support of Dr.Paul with some out there BS, Unlike Bush supporters We took the time to read documents such as the Constitution, And unlike Bush and his supporters we WONT contribute to nor accept the continuous usurpations of the Constitution.

Ron Paul has a LONG record of upholding the Constitution to the letter, a record Bush nor any other candidate could ever dream of having.
He has NEVER FLIP FLOPPED, He has a PROVEN constitutional record.

We don't Support Ron Paul because he "looks like bush?" We support him because REGARDLESS of the pressure applied to him and REGARDLESS of rather or not people like it he will not shift his stances and he will not Flip flop to pander to anyone, and go against his Constitutional stances.

He supports the Constitution no exceptions, Freedom of Speech protects unfavorable speech, Returning this CITIZENS , PRIVATE donation, Because of this CITIZENS PERSONAL VIEWS, Would go completely against the beliefs of Dr.Paul and the Constitution.

If you or anyone else can't or will refuse to understand this, thats your problem, You don't support Dr.Paul thats YOUR business.

We have a few options in the next election

Candidate 1, Will screw you over, and will continue on with the status quo.

Candidate 2, Will screw you over in a different way, and will continue on with the status quo.

Candidate 3, Will leave you the hell alone, and get a tyrannical and overbearing Government out of you life, and embodies the founding beliefs of this country, To do, say, own, and believe whatever you want, and unless you are violating another persons rights, those things are YOUR business.

Ron Paul nor the majority of his Supporters support racism, But unlike the rest of the country who wants so silence unfavorable speech, we understand that doing to opens up the flood gates, as one day we ourselves may say or believe something deemed unfavorable.

Supporting someone's right to free speech and opinion, isn't the same as believing and supporting what that person says and believes. I don't care how hard you try and spin it.

It's much like his stances on many STATE issues that go up for vote in the Congress, He understands that how ever good the intentions of the law may be, That voting yes opens up the flood gates to give the Federal Government power it was never meant to have.
In many cases Things he votes no on in Congress he supports at the State level.

ANY question you have about DR.Paul regarding ANYTHING myself and I'm Sure ANY Ron Paul supporter could answer honestly and truthfully.

So if ya got questions, shoot.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by C0le]

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join