It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul keeps white supremacist donation

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I honestly believe as has been obvious since the beginning MSM and the people who really run this little game, want a Hilary/Rudy Race in the General election, All these other guys are just going to be sit up to lose, Hilary/Rudy are bought and paid for so it doesn't matter to those pulling the strings which one of them gets elected...

Now Ron Paul is a serious threat to the GOP as if he wins, Rudy is out of the picture... and now "they" are going to be playing the same same game of chance that we are.. An even playing field only it isn't "for them"
Because come election time Ron Paul will win over Hillary, and "they" are sol...

They don't control Ron Paul and they know if he wins the GOP nomination They will lose...

That is why they are doing everything they can to ignor him, distort polls and censor any support he has.. they are scared..

See ya know this whole site is about conspiracies, most of which here are simply theories, What we have here is in our face fact, A conspiracy against Ron Paul is going on and its obvious..

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Originally posted by tyranny22
reply to post by jsobecky

Rupert Murdoch represents corporate dominance and influence on politics. Black represents supremist ignorance. There's a difference. It's a shame that some can't see it.

But but...

We've been told that it is the individual's rights that are paramount here, not what the individual stands for!

Originally posted by tyranny22
A $500 donation is the real issue? Not the Iraq war? Not healthcare? Not the ecomomy?

wow.

I suggest you step back for one moment and examine your priorities.

Where are you trying to go with this?

I'm discussing the issue of whether it is a good idea for a political candidate to accept donations from a less than savory individual. That's the real issue here.

You want to drag foreign and domestic issues into the debate, and make them the issue.

You then presume to know *my* priorities on the issues.

Are you serious?

[edit on 21-12-2007 by jsobecky]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
NGC2736

You've brought up some excellent points and thanks so much for giving me credit for delving into RP's candidacy on a deeper level.

As far as I'm concerned, this upcoming election will be the most important one not only in my lifetime... but everyone else's too -- and not just nationwide, but on a global level too.

This is why it's so important to support the right candidate. Once I decide on which one it will be, I will be doing my part to support his campaign in any way possible -- even if it means going door to door.

There are so many changes that need to be made now -- if we don't make those changes, the USA as we know it today, will no longer exist. I truly believe that we are at a breaking point and it's now... or never.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
C0le,

Most definitely YES... it is obvious that there's a conspiracy against RP... this in itself is enough to get a lot of people revved up to support him because many, many people out there are fully aware of how the media and the Bush administration has been suppressing, distorting and fabricating the news to support what ever agenda that are working on at any given moment.. and this has got to stop!

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
How many RP supporters would find no problem with him accepting donations from the KKK? NAMBLA? Phelp's Church?

Is he deliberately and intentionally soliciting donations from these groups? I think not. Again, this wasn't a donation on behalf of an orginaization. This was a donation by an individual who espouses these dispicable views. The donation was made because this individual believes in the message that Ron Paul preaches and it isn't one of white supremacy, but rather freedom and our right to individual liberty.

If you can't make that distinction, then the message of freedom is lost on you.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Hey, I'm black, and I know I could use $500 right about now. Be it from Charles Manson or the Devil himself. Couldn't you? Granted, returning the money would probably help his campaign. But tis the season for getting, not returning. Regardless, He' s still got my vote. Rock on Ron!

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Originally posted by NGC2736
Or do we say that ANY person that is an American citizen has an equal right to participate in government? Do we allow the media to steer the "morals" of the political process, or do we follow the Constitution, which allows each person equal access?

Please do not misunderstand me in this. I have no use for people like Mr. Black, ( an ironic name for someone with his particular sentiments ), nor do I dislike Jewish bankers any worse than other flavors of bloodsucking parasites. But it would seem that each has a place in our political system, and one voice is as valid as the other. To do any less than to allow them to participate, on an individual basis, is to renege on being a Constitutionalist.

Please explain how they are being eliminated from the political process.

Is their right to vote being taken away?

Where in the Constitution does it demand that all contributions must be accepted?

The word "Constitution" is being bandied about here as a basis for accepting this donation. So is "discrimination".

I'm afraid that you'll have to appeal to reason, and less to emotion, to convince me that accepting this donation is acceptable.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I was just logging on to say something about ron paul, so I'll put my 2 cents in here. Of course he kept the donation. He's pro peace and pro economy and if hes going to change the country its not going to happen by throwing people's money back in their face no matter who it is. He will change the world if he is elected and I don't care who he accepts donations from because he will never turn around and substantially benefit these individual parties as special treatment because of it.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by the sloth

You're black and you're not only going to accpet this scandal, but endorse the scandalee?!

wh..wh..wh..what?

but, but ... he's accepting money from racists!

lol. thank you for using your deductive reasoning to determine what's really important in this election.

Kudos and stars!

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

Is he deliberately and intentionally soliciting donations from these groups? I think not. Again, this wasn't a donation on behalf of an orginaization. This was a donation by an individual who espouses these dispicable views.

Yeah, I've already torn down that argument. See the post where someone says "Oh, RP would never accept money from Rupert Murdoch because of what Murdoch stands for!"

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
The donation was made because this individual believes in the message that Ron Paul preaches and it isn't one of white supremacy, but rather freedom and our right to individual liberty.

If you can't make that distinction, then the message of freedom is lost on you.

Bwahahaha!

Keep drinking your Kool-Aid and repeat after me: "Ron Paul can do no bad. Ron Paul can do no bad".

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

reply to post by NGC2736

Please explain how they are being eliminated from the political process.

Is their right to vote being taken away?

Where in the Constitution does it demand that all contributions must be accepted?

The word "Constitution" is being bandied about here as a basis for accepting this donation. So is "discrimination".

I'm afraid that you'll have to appeal to reason, and less to emotion, to convince me that accepting this donation is acceptable.

Part of the political process is that citizens of the United States can donate money to whichever candidate they choose.

This discussion wasn't about his right to vote.

The Constitution does not speak on this subject, but in a nation where all men are equal, then the duty of the leader of that nation is to accept the right of it's citizens to have an equal chance to be a part of the election process, and to not hold some to his own personal convictions.

I should perhaps said that it is not in the SPIRIT of the Constitution, but I assumed that was so self evident that it could be plainly connected.

And yes, it would be, in the truest sense of the word, discrimination to refuse money from a supporter based on their personal belief system. Such would only re-enforce the elitist viewpoint that "they" are somehow better citizens, able to decide FOR we lesser citizens, who and what is acceptable in the political process and who and what is not.

Somehow the idea does not seem to be understood that this nation is either for ALL the people to be a part of, or we're going to start picking and choosing. And guess who wants to do the picking and choosing for you?

----------------------------------
Fixed quote

[edit on 21/12/07 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

In your reference to logic and you quest to understand it, try this: Someone ties your shoelaces. You tie someone else's shoelaces. Do both events represent the same thing? Hint: If someone ties your shoelaces for you, are you guilty of tying your own shoelaces?

As for your own emphasis on what is good or not, consider that there is a difference between good and the common good. Also consider and understand that your pedophile scenario does not represent symbolically, metaphorically, or politically the same context as the Ron Paul campaign contribution scenario. There is in fact no logic or valid reason to your statements on this issue at all.

Simply because you have a strong dislike for the viewpoints presented by others does not also mean that you are right about yours. Your viewpoint is only different and opposing. The question remains to be answered if you, yourself, are pimping out your daughter to thieves? Anybody can play the foolish game you are playing, just as anybody can raise the stakes, however, it does not address any relevant issues to this thread. Instead it serves as provocation to mudslinging. This is not to be done here at ATS and as a fellow member I am advising you against it.

Also, as for any explanation that I might offer, I am sure that those who would feel compelled to address me would do so of their own accord and not depend on your mouthpiece to do it for them. It is not your responsibility to air the agreements or disagreements of others. Rather than presuming to know what I and others think, just ask.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Part of the political process is that citizens of the United States can donate money to whichever candidate they choose.

And an equally big, if not bigger part of the political process is that the candidates can refuse any donations they choose to.

This discussion wasn't about his right to vote.

Ultimately it is, because it is the sole individual right that we have. Donations involve *2* people.

The Constitution does not speak on this subject, but in a nation where all men are equal, then the duty of the leader of that nation is to accept the right of it's citizens to have an equal chance to be a part of the election process, and to not hold some to his own personal convictions.

I don't want to vote for someone who thinks it's OK to encourage illegal activities.

And yes, it would be, in the truest sense of the word, discrimination to refuse money from a supporter based on their personal belief system. Such would only re-enforce the elitist viewpoint that "they" are somehow better citizens, able to decide FOR we lesser citizens, who and what is acceptable in the political process and who and what is not.

Bullcrap. I want a leader with strong convictions. Not a wishy-washy moral relavist.

Somehow the idea does not seem to be understood that this nation is either for ALL the people to be a part of, or we're going to start picking and choosing. And guess who wants to do the picking and choosing for you?

So you see no problem with forcing a candidate to accept every donation he/she receives?

If I don't want money from a pedophile, I have no choice. I must accept it, or else I will be accused of discrimination? As if discrimination is a bad thing in this case?

Because that is exactly what you are espousing.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

And an equally big, if not bigger part of the political process is that the candidates can refuse any donations they choose to.

Can, but not must. Money is money. You get it and you roll with it the way you would regardless of who gave it to you. If a pedophile or some racist gives me $500, there is no weird transitive property in effect that will cause me to spend that money on racist, child-raping causes. I'd probably use it on rent.

Ultimately it is, because it is the sole individual right that we have. Donations involve *2* people.

I don't get it. How does donating anything affect anyone's right to vote, thus how can this be about anyone's right to vote?

I don't want to vote for someone who thinks it's OK to encourage illegal activities.

Just FYI, but the last time I checked, racism, while reprehensible, is not actually illegal and there was nothing illegal about accepting this money. I don't think any law-abiding citizen wants to vote for someone who encourages illegal activities. In so arguing this point, you denigrate NGC and try to cast him in a lower moral role than your own. I disapprove wholeheartedly of this tactic.

Bullcrap. I want a leader with strong convictions. Not a wishy-washy moral relavist.

Again, I agree with NGC. It is technically ideology-based discrimination to refuse this money. You may not have LIKED his point, but it certainly wasn't bullcrap. If presidential candidates denied money based on the morality of the donors, I suspect that few candidates would have any donations left on which to run a campaign. I admit that this is my opinion.

Also, if a candidate were to take money from a questionable source and then apply it for a net good effect rather than what the donor obviously would have wanted, wouldn't that speak better for a candidate's convictions than worse?

Also, if you want a candidate who isn't ultimately some sort of wishy-washy moral relativist, then you appear to be out of luck. Have you not paid attention to the bizarre flip-flopping of most of the candidates in this race?

So you see no problem with forcing a candidate to accept every donation he/she receives? If I don't want money from a pedophile, I have no choice. I must accept it, or else I will be accused of discrimination? As if discrimination is a bad thing in this case?

Nothing about the passage you quoted from NGC infers that he wants to force anyone to do anything. He is, in my opinion, arguing that a candidate should be, *if he or she so chooses,* able to accept *legally donated money* and apply it to the campaign.

I also find it humorous that you don't want wishy-washy candidates but you find no problem with it yourself. You want someone who takes a hard moral stance and says "discrimination is bad." Your last sentence seems to indicate that you believe that SOMETIMES one should discriminate, or to use some of your own words against you again, that sometimes one ought to be a wishy-washy moral relativist to a certain extent.

Just food for thought.

/tn.

Edited to remove an errant quote tag.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by teleonaut]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

This is where you are wrong. There is no "much GREATER point" being made by RP. He is setting a bad example for the youth of this country. They will end up being confused about this apparent double standard being exercised.

Maybe we are wrong, but I frankly doubt that. There maybe no greater point, but there maybe no point in bothering with explaining why this doesn't matter to people that think this maybe so important. He might be setting a bad example, but odds are that he sets the only example worth emulating by "the youth". Kind of makes you sound like you have placed yourself upon some kind of stage to protect the youth from different ideas, just out of curiosity what other different ideas do we need to shield the little ones from, since we all know they can vote if they create a fake ID for that purpose, right? Maybe some people get confused, but maybe they also get confused deciding which happy meal to get while waiting in line for the world to change. Maybe we are tired of these stalling and diverting tactics and want real change, maybe you could think about why RP differs from the other candidates as opposed to worrying about the children so much. I think speak for most of us when I say we can take care of our children just fine, thank you.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Seriously Fred-T........ You say you are well versed on the constitution??????,,, That’s funny, cause I swear you posted.

"This goes beyond personal rights”

Ohh I'm sorry, I must have read that wrong,,,,, Nope just checked again,, that’s what you said.
You might be well versed in the constitution, but it would appear you have no interest in abiding by it.
Every other argument you have made from that point forward in this thread is a NON-Issue.
By the way I didn’t make a strawman out of your statement; you made a stone statue of your statement by even posting such a comment.

As others have tried to explain to you, YOUR morals and YOUR ethics have nothing to do with the matter at hand. Ethics and morals are personal choices, not a global consensus. A great book you should read is called “There's No Such Thing as Business Ethics” by John C Maxwell

I personally don’t care what another mans thinks (including you); as long as they do not physically harm other people. If you response is “well this guy hurts people”, then do something about him, not slander Dr. Paul for someone else’s beliefs. According to your logic no politician should accept a donation from any organized religion, special interest group or lobbies, because it might offend someone who disagrees with their position?!?!? You must have a huge ego. Everyone has their own belief system and who are you to question it. I’m not religious, but I wouldn’t refuse a ride in a St. Johns ambulance after a car accident, simply because I don’t agree with their personal or religious views, no matter what I believe.
Would you?

Even though you obviously despise Dr. Paul for whatever reason, he is fighting for your freedom to say moronic things like you’ve posted on this thread. If he’s doesn’t win this election you can kiss your rights good bye. No more internet, no more free speech, no more warrants, your economy WILL collapse, your troops will continue kill innocent people and die in illegally declared wars, the IRS will continue to steal your money, The Fed will continue to create money out of thin air and so on….

It is my contention that if you do not support Dr. Paul, you either a: Have no idea what your talking about, or b: you are a supporter of world government. Either way is not acceptable in my opinion.

Now a lesson in semantics:
If you would have put the rider “In my opinion” before you wrote “This goes beyond personal rights” you would have saved me a lot of time writing this for you, but it would seem that you are content assuming your OPINION is the final word.

Ohh and I forgot to thank you for posting this thread. You see there is no such thing as bad press. I’ll bet my life some people who have read this thread had no idea who Dr. Paul was until they read about him here. So if that’s all this thread was good for, thanks for your contribution to the revolution.

P.S Why has no one brought up the FACT, the Bushes and the Clintons have proven direct Nazi connections, not by indirect association?? And why is this post on ATS, this is not a conspiracy, it’s a political smear campaign???

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

Originally posted by Areal51
As for your own emphasis on what is good or not, consider that there is a difference between good and the common good. Also consider and understand that your pedophile scenario does not represent symbolically, metaphorically, or politically the same context as the Ron Paul campaign contribution scenario. There is in fact no logic or valid reason to your statements on this issue at all.

The scenario I gave is perfectly valid. Accepting money from a pedophile, knowing full well where the money came from, is morally reprehensible. So is accepting money from a racist.

I can understand the frustration of RP supporters on this issue. They think he is infallible, super-human. They cannot accept that he might have made a mistake in this case. They see it as a crack in his armor. Thus they will defend him at any cost. Insecurity is an uncomfortable pebble in one's shoe.

Simply because you have a strong dislike for the viewpoints presented by others does not also mean that you are right about yours. Your viewpoint is only different and opposing.

This is a perfect example of moral relativism. Everything goes, there is no right and wrong.

Anybody can play the foolish game you are playing, just as anybody can raise the stakes, however, it does not address any relevant issues to this thread. Instead it serves as provocation to mudslinging. This is not to be done here at ATS and as a fellow member I am advising you against it.

Where am I mudslinging? I am stating fact. You are the one that is defending Mr. Black and his so-called"Constitutional right" to participate.

Also, as for any explanation that I might offer, I am sure that those who would feel compelled to address me would do so of their own accord and not depend on your mouthpiece to do it for them. It is not your responsibility to air the agreements or disagreements of others. Rather than presuming to know what I and others think, just ask.

I speak for myself. Nobody asked me to speak for them, although I have received u2u messages of support.

If you knew me, you would know that I am no stranger to controversy. I am not afraid of being a singular voice in dissent. I am not afraid to speak for myself. I do not need the support of others to survive. And I think I am doing quite well in holding my own end in this discussion.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Bla bla bla I have nothing better to say so I will pick on your donaters.

I am just impressed on the hawk eye they got on RP campaign $$.

I wonder if hilaries contributers gotten such a magnifying glass.

Clearly hes under FBI investigation for such info to be discovered so quickly.

If I was him id be careful.

And clearly those FBI workers are involved in leaking this info to higher ups.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by NWOplayerhater]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

In your reference to logic and you quest to understand it, try this: Someone ties your shoelaces. You tie someone else's shoelaces. Do both events represent the same thing? Hint: If someone ties your shoelaces for you, are you guilty of tying your own shoelaces?

I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

Originally posted by teleonaut

Can, but not must. Money is money. You get it and you roll with it the way you would regardless of who gave it to you. If a pedophile or some racist gives me $500, there is no weird transitive property in effect that will cause me to spend that money on racist, child-raping causes. I'd probably use it on rent.

You are way off the mark here. Nobody said anything about what the money would be spent on. That is irrelevant.

I don't get it. How does donating anything affect anyone's right to vote, thus how can this be about anyone's right to vote?

Supposedly Black would be discriminated against if RP reurned the money. People have actually said he would be kept from participating in the elective process.

I say that the right to vote is the only right he actually has. It is much more important than the right to donate.

Better to vote and not donate than to donate and not vote.

Just FYI, but the last time I checked, racism, while reprehensible, is not actually illegal and there was nothing illegal about accepting this money. I don't think any law-abiding citizen wants to vote for someone who encourages illegal activities. In so arguing this point, you denigrate NGC and try to cast him in a lower moral role than your own. I disapprove wholeheartedly of this tactic.

Oh please, stop it, willya? I made no such connection to NGC.

You're really grasping at straws now.

So you see no problem with forcing a candidate to accept every donation he/she receives? If I don't want money from a pedophile, I have no choice. I must accept it, or else I will be accused of discrimination? As if discrimination is a bad thing in this case?

Nothing about the passage you quoted from NGC infers that he wants to force anyone to do anything. He is, in my opinion, arguing that a candidate should be, *if he or she so chooses,* able to accept *legally donated money* and apply it to the campaign.

And that is the point. RP chooses to accept money from racists.

I also find it humorous that you don't want wishy-washy candidates but you find no problem with it yourself. You want someone who takes a hard moral stance and says "discrimination is bad." Your last sentence seems to indicate that you believe that SOMETIMES one should discriminate, or to use some of your own words against you again, that sometimes one ought to be a wishy-washy moral relativist to a certain extent.

Just food for thought.

/tn.

Well, that does it. Now I'm convinced you have no clue what you're talking about.

I have always maintained that discrimination in and of itself is a good thing. That is what has made evolution successful.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I think my last post may have been confusing because I might have mixed up 2 responses into one. I'll try to sort it out later. Sorry about that.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join