It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul keeps white supremacist donation

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by intrepid
[Um, from your source Fred:

"And that's $500 less that this guy has to do whatever it is that he does," Benton added.

Intrepid to me that is a flimsy rationale. And again its a moral and ethical issue. Its no differnet than stealing a neighbors newspaper cause he would not have read it anyway.

This is where I believe you got it wrong. It ISN'T a moral issue (it is to you), it is a FREEDOM issue. And TRUE FREEDOM must be tolerant of each other's RIGHT to express their own opinions, no matter how much we may not like them.

If another candidate gave the money back in a similar situation, I would QUESTION whether or not they truly believe in what our Constitution says. Would they REALLY support 1st ammendment rights or do they cower because one group finds the donation morally objectionable?

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

Find where I agree with White supremacy????? You can’t because I don’t agree with the white supremacy agenda. However, I do agree with White Pride and whites being able to express this in the same manner as any other group. Those who have expressed white pride in the past have for the most part been labeled racist and have not been given the same fair play in America as Blacks or Hispanics or even Asians have. IMO

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Funny many of these posters have exibited the same kind of zeal and fervor to the Ron paul machine here in this very thread that you are so quick to point out in other candidates. But hey it does not apply to your man eh?

Same as you have FredT, You don’t support Paul so all you could come up with is this 500-dollar donation to try to smear Ron Paul. Yet you won’t recognize Shillerys obvious corrupt campaign donations from criminals, or bamas racist church donation or all the other candidates’ black money. All you can find on Paul is this donation, which I might add he prob never even knew existed until his corrupt opponents threw in the MSM.

You attack every poster who doesn’t agree with your stance as using Fallacies yet you use them yourself. Man the Hypocrisy of it all is so tiring.

Have a nice Day!!!

Edit to take out "your" reference, FRED T is cool in my book we just dont see eye to eye on this topic, but his candidate isnt so cool. Just diggin Fred dont take it personally my friend

[edit on 21-12-2007 by geemony]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Originally posted by intrepid
If we really got down to where the cheese binds I would wager we would find much more nefarious contribution to the major candidates. It's a wonder why THIS hasn't been brought up. THEY aren't a threat to the PTB.

As a matter of fact. it has been brought up. Maybe not in this thread, but recently, the connection between Norman Hsu and Hillary Clinton was discusses here and in the MS quite extensively.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
There have been people who try to defend RP's actions by making it a Constitutional issue. The argument is that everyone should be allowed to participate in the political process.

The fact is, the right to vote is your guaranteed political avenue. You are also allowed to contribute to candidates, and to campaign on their behalf.

The candidate is under no obligation to accept your donation.

Imo, the standard should be, if a candidate accepts donations from a source, he/she should also be willing to have that source work in their campaign. If the source can't pass that smell test, then their money is not welcome.

I ask again, would you advise RP to accept donations from NAMBLA?

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Actions speak louder than words. By accepting that donation, RP was in effect, giving his endorsement of Black's white supremacist organization.

This is clear as day .. and I have absolutely ZERO interest in finding out more about this character because quite frankly, I find him revolting.

OMG!!! You and and your simple, nonsensical rationalizations are back!

So...no research on the man and this ONE act prooves everything to you. How jaded are you? Do you buy everything they tell you on FAUX news?

Excuse me for saying this, but you folks that are buying into this line of thinking should seriously consider staying home on election day because it is apparent that you have NO DESIRE for real FREEDOM, no desire for real CHANGE. You simply want your handouts from the government and to maintain the status quo.

Frankly its this type of thinking that has me most puzzled. It is you folks who cry from the rooftops how this country is going to become undone and return to 1776 if Paul is elected, yet you folks are the ones with minds right out of Spanish Inquisition. You JUDGE a person based on the attributes of ANOTHER person and then TRANSFER those attributes to Paul in order to further JUSTIFY your dislike of this individual.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Redmage

You are intentionally putting words in my mouth that I never said.. I SAID that RP LOOKS a lot and ACTS a lot like Bush. They have the same kinds of facial expressions and mannerisms and it's my belief that many of you are drawn to that familiarity on an unconscious level. [edit on 21-12-2007 by Palasheea]

You ever hear the phrase, "If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck"?

So, what are we to ASSUME you meant with your comparison of Bush and Paul by the way they look and act? You made it clear what you thought.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Some will ignor this link due to personal bias, but the source has on many occasions as most know, blown the lid on various subjects, I view it for the most part as credible.

More so then MSM.

Some food for thought.
www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
The CROSS below captain America is a symbol of Christianity and the order of the Teutonic Knights. The fact that the Nazi's used various symbols doesnt mean that they have a right to them at all. Besides, that is irrelevant to the issue at hand.

Exactly my friend.....

The symbol is more widely known as the Iron Cross of the German military. I couldnt care less really, but my point was that its more associated with Nazi Germany than any other group who uses it or created it. But for this discussion it doesnt matter what it really stands for just how its percieved right? By the same token you would put down Ron Paul for taking this money however you couldnt care less what he really stands for.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."
-- Mahatma Gandhi

Funny how it always seems to play out that way.

I'd like to reiterate Ron Paul is not a racist. He is extremely popular with the traditionally conservative Muslims. And I have personally seen many black supporters who wear Ron Paul t-shirts.

His message is one of peace and freedom for all races. If you have any doubts to this I suggest you read some of his quotes.
paul4prez.blogspot.com...

[edit on 21-12-2007 by Golack]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

Originally posted by Navieko
So are you telling me, Palasheea, that you somehow managed to come to the conclusion that Ron Paul has no integrity, and had no intention of doing the right thing -- based on the single occasion he didn't reject/refund $500? Are you making the assumption that he didn't do it to prove a much GREATER point... but rather just because he has no personal integrity? EVEN when his entire 11 year track record in congress says the complete opposite?

This is where you are wrong. There is no "much GREATER point" being made by RP. He is setting a bad example for the youth of this country. They will end up being confused about this apparent double standard being exercised.

Originally posted by Navieko
Don't just hop on the bandwagon and dismiss all the logic that many intelligent members on this board are presenting right infront of you. I really thought you were smarter than that.

Palasheea, don't fall for that BS. You're actually very intelligent to be able to discern the difference between actions and words in this instance.

RP is making no point of Constitutionality here. As long as RP does not campaign to eliminate Black's right to vote, then he has done no wrong. But when he starts to accept money from this tainted source, and trying to couch it in terms of "Everbody's got a right to donate", then he's only fooling his Kool-Aid drinkers. Why isn't he also saying "...but I also got a right to say no thank you to his 500 bucks".

There's too much RP support on this board for peole to debate this intelligently. People will condone many actions from RP that they would condemn in other candidates, simply because they wnat him to win in November. To them, he can do no wrong. Their loyalty blinds them to his faults.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Ah yes once again the fallicy of logic rears its ugly head. Far better to let Paul keep the money from unsavory sources. Never mind the ethics and morality of the issue.

Nah no reaching needed. The attitude of yourself, many of the other posters and the Paul campaign in accepting the donation did not require a reach at all.

Now who's reaching. Kindly show me where I said I voted for the current president or which candidate for president I support? If your candidate want the money from a neo nazi and his organizations support that his CHOICE. However, don't expect me to sit by why you and the rest of the 'Paul Army" attempt to spin the donation of a neo nazi as some sort of show of intergrity etc.

Ethics and morality.

Yeah the 100+ replies are basically nothing eh?

[edit on 12/20/07 by FredT]

Yeah, I guess he should have given the donation back. Then hacks like you would have no ammo with which to slander Paul ... except maybe his supporters, which you're perfectly capable of using as a excuse to dislike Paul himself as shown in the statements above.

No need to reach. It doens't matter who you support. If you support anyone other than Paul ... you supported a vote to go into Iraq. Talk about morality to the Iraqis and see how far your insidious remarks get you.

I've seen Ron Pauls ethics and morality in his voting record. If you want to denouce him because of a $500 donation, that's your deal. Maybe you should start a thread denoucing white supremecist instead of nit-picking at whatever you can find about Ron Paul.

Ron Paul should not be denounced because someone else is an idiot. He wants to change the way American politics are played and if some idiot that supports white supremecy wants to help him change politics, so be it.

As much as you try to make it ... it's not a big deal.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Just to see the potential impact this news has caused in just a couple of days I did a Google news search on Ron Paul here is what came up:

197 articles pertaining to this subject, the top of the page in relevance, the holiday weekend when most people will be at home with more time to check out the internet, do you honestly think this will not have some kind of negative impact on the Ron Paul campaign?

Don't forget that Paul's major popularity was nurtured and fostered on the internet, can it withstand this concentrated effort to destroy his credibility?

I hope I am wrong but I can't see anything good coming from this kind of negative press.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   

But if I were you, I would be writing a letter to this candidate to suggest to him that he needs to return that donation. Tell him that he owes that to all of his supporters because unless he does that, his campaign is OVER.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by Palasheea]

I think ill write a letter to him stateing that im glad he took the 5 zero zero.
I would much rather he use it to try and change this static government than be used by a hate monger. And ill take his reason for not returning it and tell him he owes me nothing but the continuation of his attempt to shock the PTB and send them into a tail spin come NOV.

Intrepid has it 100% correct its a non issue at this point and all you who are haten on the man are running scared that he may just win!!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Re: $500 donation

Ron Paul owns Neil Cavuto:

www.youtube.com...

If connection not fast enough try YouTubeDownloader:

youtubedownload.altervista.org...

Ron Paul '08!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

My grandmother (a Baptist Sunday school teacher) saw the headline over my shoulder while I surfed the internet earlier this week. After asking a few questions about the scandal and hearing the reason why he's keeping the money she said, "Good for him ... I'd keep it too."

It'll give him bad press for a week. It may turn a couple voters the other way ... but, they weren't sure they were going to vote for him anyway.

I bet that no one who donated to his $6 million haul this past weekend will be asking for their donation back because of this news. Actually it's not even news. It's an old subject that people keep digging up.

Most people recognize it for what it is.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
How many RP supporters would find no problem with him accepting donations from the KKK? NAMBLA? Phelp's Church?

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

A big difference is it was an individuals donation, not a donation from a group or lobby.

We all think it's pretty obvious.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
How many RP supporters would find no problem with him accepting donations from the KKK? NAMBLA? Phelp's Church?

Dr.Paul does not accept Donations from corporate or special interests.

So we wouldn't have a problem as it will never happen.

Nice try though.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by C0le]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
It'll give him bad press for a week. It may turn a couple voters the other way ... but, they weren't sure they were going to vote for him anyway.

Isn't candidate Paul trying to get these undecided votes?

Isn't the goal to WIN the election next November?

I am not worried about how the Paul supporters are taking this media blitz the core will remain true and defend him in this position...

..How are the undecided voters taking this?

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join