It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressmans Brother Found Dead (Kucinich)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

I'm amused by all those who know so much about Kucinich telling the rest of us nobody knows anything about him.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Saviorcomplex...
And anyone who's voted knows who he is too because his name was on the presidential ballot in the last primary election! Jeesh.. give me a break.

Why you are attempting to diminish his name is beyond me but Kucinich has a very large, loyal and dedicated following all over the country.

Very few people vote in primaries. Only the base votes, the most dedicated. Most people do not vote in primaries. Most people do not follow politics; many people don't even know who the Vice President is. Internet popularity is not real-life popularity.

Tell me, this very large following; how far has it ever got him in the Democrat primaries?

Maybe I'm diminishing him because I'm part of the Conspiracy!!111111

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
I'm amused by all those who know so much about Kucinich telling the rest of us nobody knows anything about him.

I am not sure I understand your point. Please explain?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

I am not sure I understand your point. Please explain?

Lol, Good one gottago!

(sorry for one liner)

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   

My point is quite simple: if he can raise this kind of impassioned and informed debate here, why do you and others here insist he's a nobody?

(And I quite agree with you, 90% of the population haven't got the slightest clue about politics, but it's the educated 10% that you have to keep an eye on.)

[typo]

[edit on 20-12-2007 by gottago]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   

(And I quite agree with you, 90% of the population haven't got the slightest clue about politics, but it's the educated 10% that you have to keep an eye on.)

It's because we are in that educated 10%.

I work for a media-based company (let's put it this way, in my duties I watch the news all day) and I cannot remember the last time I heard Kucinich's name mentioned in the major media. I knows it's an ancedotal story, but it helps illustrate my point: if you are not in the major media you do not exist to the public-at-large.

Oh my! Maybe Kucinich murdered his brother to get back in the news!!111

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

...and this is one of the major reasons why the world is in the mess it is right now--purposely dumbed down, censored and manipulated msm pablum, feeding the masses utter nonsense not fit for 8 year olds.

Kucinich's media numbers have nothing do with his relevance.

And btw I remember reading a serious study about a year ago that indeed found that 90% of the population was indeed entirely clueless about politics and could not even be bothered to learn--or did not have the capacity to do so--if the person they were voting for would on the balance serve their best interests. so there you go.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Kucinich's media numbers have nothing do with his relevance.

Yes, it has everything to do with Kucinich's relevance. Without attention, you might as well be invisible. No coverage means hardly anyone knows you. Hard to get votes or push through your agenda with little support.

Kucinich killed his brother for attention.* Simple as that. Do the math.

*I don't really believe that. But it is as every bit absurd as claims Bush or the Conspiracy had him killed, and based on just as much evidence.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
That's especially true for local and regional politics and it's real frustrating too when one finds this out on a first hand basis, like I did, when campaigning for local politicians. Most people are clueless who's running and for that matter, don't even care.

But, most do at least have some idea who's running for President regardless if they are unclear which party that candidate belongs too. If they read the papers or log onto Googles news page or watch TV New.. or watch the late night talk shows... those people know who's running for president and Kucinich is often times mentioned in Leno's or Letterman's opening monologues... just recently, this UFO thing having to do with Kucinich was a big hit with those talk show hosts.

But as far as those platforms each candidate is running on.. well, obviously most are not informed on that which is how Bush got into office in the first place.

The only people who really can be counted on to vote are dying off at a fast pace. The generations after the WW11 generation are politically apathetic and most do not vote.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This is my last post in this forsaken thread, because lord knows I might snap and get banned if I read any more of these posts, but I will say this.

Kucinich does not have a large following, kucinich is next to unheard of outside his hometown I bet. I live in NJ, and I talk about politics ALOT. I went to visit a Political club in a local college to talk about the Presidential election. I have only heard ONE person talk about Kucinich. He mentioned him right after refering me to check out Alex Jones site infowars.com (he didnt know I read conspiracies and such) talking about how horrible this government is, and how they blew up the towers.

Honestly, when you bring up his name, all you get are question marks. He has a better shot shaking hands with god at his podium during the next debate rather than actually convincing the public of anything. He can say whatever he wants, but most of the public is not listening.

The only way people will hear about him, is if he dies. Why would anyone be afraid of this man? He can't spread "the truth" anymore than the 9/11 truth movement can, because people will just discard him as a whack job. I would like there to be a re investigation into 9/11 to see who it was that wasn't doing their job that day and make sure they never get another job again. Impeaching the vice president at this point in the game is nothing more than a PR stunt.

You know why I got so angry. Its not because of Kucinich or his brother, I honestly rarely ever heard of him, or even knew how to spell his name before this thread, it is because you people took somebodies tragic untimely death and turned it into some wild conspiracy theory, completely unfounded.

My posts, and others, about how Kucinich died by tiny planes or 4 shots to the back of the head after drinking plutonium is not to say "there is no chance he could have died of non natural causes" but to say "your assertions are equally ridiculous as ours right now" because both are COMPLETELY unfounded.

Until you uncover something that would be convincing of a conspiracy, don't assume it is. That is not being objective or denying ignorance. I am not going to look into it because even though this mans death is tragic for his family, it was not important in the political world. Dennis Kucinich is hardly important in the political world.

Sure he made announcements about 9/11, called to impeach Dick Cheney, etc. but guess what? You know how many people in the general public know about him? They don't. I garentee you he may have been one of the only politicians less known then Ron Paul when he first entered the election. Furthermore, I would say he is probably THE least known politician running. Him or Bill Richardson. Those two are the people practically nobody outside the internet has heard of.
(putting aside independents)

Now I am sure you want to believe he does, cause it gives you some hope. That is fine. Kucinich neither has the support somebody like Ron Paul has gathered, or the money. If it were Ron Pauls brother, I might look into it a bit closer because there is alot more motive and threat.

Stop dragging this guys death through the mud until you get something of reasonable quality to show this was indeed foul play. Saying "they reported no foul play alot, it must be a conspiracy!" will not get you anywhere. Neither will saying nobody dies face down.

Have a good one everyone.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by grimreaper797]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Who's Ron Paul?

Sounds a candybar. Does it have nuts in it?

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Who's Ron Paul?

if you put quotes around word combinations, you can really increase the relevance of your search result.

google "ron paul", and you will find out who ron paul is.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Who's Ron Paul?

Sounds a candybar. Does it have nuts in it?

Sorry had to respond to this before I left.

Kucinich raised about 2 mil since he started campaigning, Ron Paul raised almost as much as McCain did in the third quarter. Ron Paul has raised over 18 million this quarter alone, how much has kucinich raised? Media and polls don't talk, but money does.

Those passionate enough to donate money will most likely vote in the primaries.

You probably don't watch the news though since he had an Hour Special with Glenn Beck and is being interviewed quite often. The only time I have seen kucinich on TV, and alot of people watch TV, is on the Daily Show once.

BTW, all the democrats that showed up to the Politics meeting said Ron Paul would be there republican choice if they switched but one. About half of the republican side said paul. Kucinich wasn't even mentioned at the meeting that lasted an hour and a half.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Only joking. I haven't researched Ron Paul's platform enough to have any opinion of him but I only know him from seeing his name sometimes in this forum. Other than that, I've never seen anything about him in the news except for the other day when he raised alll of that money on the internet where that news was in Google news for a few hours that day.

But, if I was not a member here who logs onto this forum everyday, I would have NO idea who Ron Paul is -- and my favorite show, btw is Meet the Press... I watch all of those Sunday morning political talk shows religiously ever week -- for many years now.. never anything at all about Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

Who's Ron Paul?

if you put quotes around word combinations, you can really increase the relevance of your search result.

google "ron paul", and you will find out who ron paul is.

Thanks for the tip!

I never thought to do that but will keep it in mind from here on...

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
THIS HAS "CLINTON" WRITTEN ALL OVER IT....
This news makes me sick. It's a much to familiar reminder of the world we are living in. If they are willing to do this to Kucinich, what are they willing to do to Ron Paul??!
My heart goes out to the Kucinich family.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Funny, I was waiting for someone to say something like that.

One only needs to do a body count for all of those who have had anything to do with the Clintons to seriously wonder if that's all just a coicidence.

So is there really any difference between Bush and Clinton? In my book, not much... they're all working for the same people.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
You probably don't watch the news though since he had an Hour Special with Glenn Beck and is being interviewed quite often. The only time I have seen kucinich on TV, and alot of people watch TV, is on the Daily Show once.[edit on 20-12-2007 by grimreaper797]

I've seen him alot more on TV than just the Daily Show. He was on CNN, in a panel of Democratic pres candidates. I"ve also seen him on TV in debates for the '04 election. I've also seen him on MSNBC and he's been in the MSM on TV and in the news, due to his recent work on the Cheney Impeachment bill.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
You all need a life, there is so many worthwhile things to debate on ATS that are MISSED everyday because they don't involve some wild theory.

The man was 52 and MOST of you outright refuse to think he just died.....sheeeeeeesh.

I really just lurk this site, but even that has dwindled as the reasonable debate has ceased. There is MAJOR news everyday that ats'ers don't even debate anymore but used to.

Get over it, Kuccinich is NOT a threat to Clinton (duh).

And, if there WAS a major conspiracy out there to silence change (and their might be) then Ron Paul WOULD be the target.....not this guy.

If I could slap some of you out of your slumber I would, but I'm sure the overactive brains here will waste their time slapping me for this post instead.

outro.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797

Kucinich does not have a large following, kucinich is next to unheard of outside his hometown I bet. I live in NJ, and I talk about politics ALOT. I went to visit a Political club in a local college to talk about the Presidential election. I have only heard ONE person talk about Kucinich. He mentioned him right after refering me to check out Alex Jones site infowars.com (he didnt know I read conspiracies and such) talking about how horrible this government is, and how they blew up the towers.

Honestly, when you bring up his name, all you get are question marks. He has a better shot shaking hands with god at his podium during the next debate rather than actually convincing the public of anything. He can say whatever he wants, but most of the public is not listening.

The only way people will hear about him, is if he dies. Why would anyone be afraid of this man? He can't spread "the truth" anymore than the 9/11 truth movement can, because people will just discard him as a whack job. I would like there to be a re investigation into 9/11 to see who it was that wasn't doing their job that day and make sure they never get another job again. Impeaching the vice president at this point in the game is nothing more than a PR stunt.

Actually, i know nothing about politics really, and find it quite boring, but i know who Kucinich is. I have known about Kucinich for 3 or 4 years now, and from the very beginning, i've thought he was the best man for the job. I still do. I believe Kucinich would make more beneficial changes to this government than any other candidate. He probably has no chance, because he hasn't the money for the exposure that most others have, but he will be the one i vote for. There is something about him. I believe he would be a good president.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join