It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Ray Replaced By The Voice of God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

i used to work for the defence department on a couple of large military bases---------the security got so ridiculously tight at times that i joked-------------why dont they just put us all in a straight jacket the moment we pass thru the gates of the base every day so they'll be sure we wont hurt anyone or ourselves.and then one day as a couple of meat heads=military mps were giving me the 3rd degree cause i looked suspicious---i quipped back at them-----why dont you guys just get yourselves a brain scanner so you will know for sure who is the bad guy ?one of the guys calmly answers back------we couldnt use such a device------if they come up with that there will only be allowed a 1/2 dozen people onto the base that could be trusted----------------------a base with 3000 soldiers in training in how to kill the enemy.but you know----they will eventually come up with this brain scanner----to be used on us.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

Hi yahn goodey, I posted some links to threads about D4rk Kn1ght's predictions here:

Go Here

Enjoy!

Edit to add: Hmm the link didn't work, let me try again.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by goosdawg]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Are you folks aware that replacing letters with numbers, ala "D'4'rk Kn'1'ght," is the signature typing style for 14 year old cyberpunks when they're coming up with spooky screen names intended to scare old people? The only way it could be more obvious is if he surrounded his name with the letter "X" for no apparent reason.

This, more than even the huge inconsistencies in his stories, more than the lack of proof, more than the refusal to go into any detail about ANYTHING, is what makes me wonder about the sanity of anyone who really, truly believes this guy.

I've said before, when discussing religion, that a "prophecy" is worthless when it's written so vaguely that almost anything can fulfill it. That truth applies just as much here as it does anywhere else.

What many people don't realize is that LRAD has been around much longer than Dark Knight (No, I will not use the "l33t sp34k" cyberpunk spelling) has been touting is prophecy. So even in the unlikely event that Dark Knight is anything more than some teenager trying to cause a stir, this LRAD business is hardly a sign that any prophecy has been fulfilled.

If LRAD and the prophecy are related at all, it's because the prophecy was imagined with the potential uses of LRAD in mind.

I'm surprised nobody here remembers the 2005 event in the news about LRAD being used to defend a cruise ship against pirates: Ship Blasted Pirates With Sonic Weapon

Of course it has the potential to be abused. All technology does, and all technology HAS been abused when falling into the wrong hands. Knives like the one you cut steak with have been used by the "wrong people," should we all come to fear the existence of steak knives?

Knife At Lunch Gets 10-Year-Old Girl Arrested At School

Oh wait, we already have. Nevermind. ;-)

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This is one of the first threads I ever wrote: Sonic Weapon on Cruise ship

Very interesting/scary stuff.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Usually skeptical about this line of thinking, but after seeing a very elementary explanation about how LRAD works, I'm beginning to wonder if this is reverse engineered alien technology. If sending a beam of high frequency sound is so simple to do, then I'm sure that it would have been deployed the same time it was "developed" which was the 70s as someone in the thread mentioned earlier.

I'm surprised honestly it's taken them this long to work out that it could be used as a tool to force adverts into our heads, and to control crowds by busting their eardrums when they get a bit rowdy.

Yknow as a kid, I would watch movies with these kind of technologies and marvel, and look forwards to the future hoping to see these fictional techs in my own lifetime. Now I see that new technology is almost never more of a benefit to humanity than it is a hazard. Sometimes I wish for a lifetime supply of freeze dried food, a water filter and a home in the sticks.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

It is based on most of the same technologies yes. The obvious difference is the volume levels and what is being projected at you. In one of the articles I included, it says that the weapon can definitely make you deaf.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by unnamedninja

I'm surprised honestly it's taken them this long to work out that it could be used as a tool to force adverts into our heads, and to control crowds by busting their eardrums when they get a bit rowdy.

The thing is, I don't believe it has taken them that long. I believe it has been in use for quite some time now. the thing that takes so long is for people to find out and realize what is really happening.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I have heard that the militaries of the recent past have tried to initiate this kind of weapon as far back as WW1 and WW2. Have to go check it out for sure, sure it is somewhere on Google.

But, here for right now is a bit of info on the "PAin Thresholds of instituting "Sound" as a weapon device:

An electronics company, American Technology Corp., has turned the wail of a baby into a weapon that fires "sonic bullets," narrow beams of noise that exceed the human threshold of pain. It can incapacitate people or compel them to flee.
"It gives you the equivalent of an intense migraine headache," said Elwood G. Norris, the company's chairman and inventor of the device. "It's just totally disabling."

Source:
www.temple.edu...

I suppode , being "Me" anyway, I am starting to wonder if the Hubble repairs wouldn't be possibly going down that road for a more "Erradicating" device of similar uses?//HHhhhMMmmmmm?!!

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I have heard that the militaries of the recent past have tried to initiate this kind of weapon as far back as WW1 and WW2. Have to go check it out for sure, sure it is somewhere on Google.

But, here for right now is a bit of info on the "PAin Thresholds of instituting "Sound" as a weapon device:

An electronics company, American Technology Corp., has turned the wail of a baby into a weapon that fires "sonic bullets," narrow beams of noise that exceed the human threshold of pain. It can incapacitate people or compel them to flee.
"It gives you the equivalent of an intense migraine headache," said Elwood G. Norris, the company's chairman and inventor of the device. "It's just totally disabling."

Source:
www.temple.edu...

I suppode , being "Me" anyway, I am starting to wonder if the Hubble repairs wouldn't be possibly going down that road for a more "Erradicating" device of similar uses?//HHhhhMMmmmmm?!!

Sorry for double post....OOoooPpppps...

[edit on 18-12-2007 by Allred5923]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Scientists have developed ways of measuring infrasound associated with these phenomena to aid their research. The military use of infrasound dates back to the First World War, when the detection of such frequencies helped pinpoint the enemy’s heavy artillery. The idea that infrasound could actually be used as a weapon tends to be attributed to Axis scientists 3, but of course much of the weapons research by the Axis powers was also of interest to Allied military scientists (see ‘Sounds suspicious’ panel).

Here is a snippet from an article detailing how sound actually works as a weapon. Kind of a long read but will give you the basis for it. It also shows a picture of a 'Whirlwind Cannon' weapon.

sound as a weapon

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
TY Palehorse, pretty interesting topic. Found this on a web page, nothing but the complete usage and installations of these types of weapon's. Very long read, but pretty much from beginning to the present day.

Source:
www.thewe.cc...

Would of showed a "Snippet" but there is too much info to choose from.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
i DO recall the sonic weapon used to repel the pirates...

another funny thing. i am also guilty of suspecting those cell towers.
several years ago i felt funny about how many they were installing
and i am probably paranoid, but...????????? i am curious.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by last time here

I have also observed a lot of cell phone towers going up in my area. They all seem to be on farmland. There was an article a few years back in our local paper about a farmer leasing the land for a tower. I think he ended up taking a lump some of money for the use of the land. I need to look into that some more.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Dang. I need some farmland then. Sorry folks, but a cell phone tower is just a cell phone tower.

If all these towers were going up and reception wasn't improving, I'd be worried. But every time a tower goes up around here, so do my bars.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
good point matt...o.k.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This reminded me of a story I just read not too long ago.

The 'Taos Hum' is a low-pitched sound heard in numerous places worldwide, especially in the USA, UK, and northern europe. It is usually heard only in quiet environments, and is often described as sounding like a distant diesel engine. Since it has proven indetectable by microphones or VLF antennae, its source and nature is still a mystery.
Taos Hum Web-site

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
From that map, I'd say it looks like that hum is located near major cities. Could it just be noise pollution, carried over long distances by the sheer volume of all the combined noise of an entire city?

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
i remember hearing about that hum a few years ago, i never realy gave it much thought maybe now ill have to reconsider it even if its not atributed to this sonic tech its still pretty freaking weird.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Death Ray Replaced By The Voice of God

Seems we are returning Iraq to a "state of mind" of millenia past...
Consider Julian Jaynes' theory of the
bicameral mind in the pre-conscious ancient world, as summarized:

...until a few thousand years ago human beings did not ‘view themselves’. They did not have the ability: they had no introspection and no concept of ‘self’ that they could think about. In other words: they had no subjective consciousness. Jaynes calls their mental life the bicameral mind. That is to say, the mind with two chambers, divided in a god part and a human part. The human part heard voices and experienced these as coming from gods. These gods were no judging, moral or transcendent gods ‘in heaven’, but were more like personal problem solvers of each person. They were hallucinated voices that provided the answers when a person entered a stressful situation, which couldn't be solved by routine.

Compare to the article...

It appears that some of the troops in Iraq are using "spoken" (as opposed to "screeching") LRAD to mess with enemy fighters. Islamic terrorists tend to be superstitious and, of course, very religious. LRAD can put the "word of God" into their heads. If God, in the form of a voice that only you can hear, tells you to surrender, or run away, what are you gonna do?

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I first saw this technology on an episode of future weapons on the History Channel. They also mentioned in this episode that it was being deployed in Iraq for crowed control.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join