It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urantia- what do you think?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

I know the book to be downloaded into somebodys psyche. It was transplanted to somebody sensitive to otherworldy energies.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FremenBlueEyes
I agree that as a race as a whole, the human race, we should start to try to bring about the most good in the society of the earth. not eugenics. but a filtering out of the really bad genes that reside in our gene pool,(i.e. murderous and extremely psychotic human beings). to me that is not a hitler idea at all and should not be villified as one.

anyone agree?disagree?

The delivers of the Urantia Book state they are not exactly aware of God's Plans for Earth.

Personally, I truly believe we are in a period of time that will produce a mass cleaning, by the workings of the Father God, of the beings on Earth. I believe that it has many names, but I call it the 2012 phenomenon.

You can never know the day or hour of the return of the christ, but it's said you can understand in good judgement the changing of the seaons. To many refrences in spritual texts refer to the changing of the "age".

We are now in the trasition between the Picies and Aquarian ages.

If you are unaware of the 2012 phenomenon, I'd might sudgest you look into it a little. There's alot of factors pointing toward the timespan around 2012 to be "the end of the world" as we know it to be.

Strange if you realize the time in which the Urantia Book was suposidly being "delivered" 1912 is nearly 100 years from 2012, it would seem to have been well planned out in timing.
(date is found on wikipedia under Author)
Wikipedia "Urantia Book"

I could go on an on about the facts about the date. At any rate, I believe the date to be good and accurate for "the end of the world" if not "end times", that isn't however the end of Urantia. It's a jumpfrog through the 6th and into the 7th Ephoc.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Why would you want to waste your time analyzing the work of a group of some nerd psychologists who sat around and wrote this thing back in the 40s or 50s?

Because we realize the lies about it, and the truth within it, and the value of the text.

Why would you want to waste your time denying the Urantia book?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by menguard
reply to post by Diplomat

I know the book to be downloaded into somebodys psyche. It was transplanted to somebody sensitive to otherworldy energies.

See, I don't welcome such ideals in my accepted reality levels. I tend to reject any thing that someone trys to pass off as "telepathicly delivered".

BUT...

Having studied deeply into topic matters of such things through the lost scrolls and forgoten books, and other documentations, and in realizing the lost scrolls contain info that had been hidden to mankind for near 2000 years, and realizing the book Urantia was delivered before the discorvery of the lost scrolls, and that the Urantia speaks in deep of understanding on these hidden things, I have no other option but to accept the Urantia Book as a factual phenomenon.

THE BOOK IS REAL! anyone that had the willingness to search out the understandings within the Urantia book without its aid would find that it couldn't be done by natual courses before 1955+ years of translation of the lost scrolls.

However, do feel bad for those that just want to reject it out right, because they're being played.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I caught this quote on the web, thought I might include it:

Source: www.truthbook.com...

"The Urantia Book tells us that our future is fairly wonderful. It tells us that all we need to continue on our journey through the universe is faith. And the smallest amount, even a faint flicker, is good enough. Melchizedek included this as part of his Salem covenant; You shall not doubt that faith is the only requirement for eternal salvation. (1017:10)

I think the Apostle Paul believed this as well as Martin Luther. Yet both developed doctrine that had to be adhered to. The Urantia Book has plenty of doctrinal teaching, but nothing is essential for eternal life except faith. Just a little turning towards God is required to survive this world.

The book says this; Supreme justice is dominated by a Father's love; therefore will justice never destroy that which mercy can save. Time to accept salvation is vouchsafed every evildoer. (617:3)

Therefore a person who believes that God is the sun, if he possess a mustard seed sized amount of faith, is going to be OK."

From what I have seen looking around such blogs it basically is of the nod that we are all in this crazy intricate vast and unreasonably complex multi-dimensional labyrinth and due at any moment to reach some untimely, but, ultimate fate and so we may as well accept it as there is some sort of karmic safety net that keeps everything okay...

"If the Universe truly is balanced then we'll come out ahead in the end."
Fulflej

and so on.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
you know.. i would like this thread to be more about the book than the validity of it.
i think it would be much more constructive to talk about the content rather than the factual evidence of it being valid. could we do that??? is it possible???

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I think we can make this about the book, I think we can do it yeah.

Source: www.lyricsandsongs.com...

I have given birth to my own children and suckled them.
I welcomed the foreigners and protected them.
I have given hope to princes and buried them inside myself
I too was responsible for the slave, I set him free
And although some have tried to weaken my resolve,
I shall endure, for though my history be stained with misery,
I have known joy and my future is hope.
I come to you, begging you, mercy, my sons
For I am your mother; I am Urantia
She seems to be asleep at this time
Dreaming of realms left behind
Sorrow fills my seas of pain
Fields of grain hit by the rain
Acts of love struglled in vain
Reality fakes in refrain
The misty wind begins to roam
My (our) mother is trying to wake us to grow
Below our feet she wants to be free
From the scars of disonesty
In darkened years of shameful fears
Can we be free from this tragedy
Soon there will be an end
The vanish of all kind
We should open our eyes
Till we still have the time
To save thy land
Sons forgive me
For I am gone
You never tried to be
What I've made you once
Why?
"We are not human beings having spiritual experiences,
We are spiritual beings having human experiences"

I will update my avatar and you will see...

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Cause Urantia is the bomb and it loves us, yeah.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
"The book reads very much like a repackaged bible but throws in a bunch of new age spirituality and bad science fiction."

that´s my impression, too.
sounds like Scientology behind.
they are clever.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Spirituality becomes at once the indicator of one's nearness to God and the measure of one's usefulness to fellow beings. Spirituality enhances the ability to discover beauty in things, recognize truth in meanings, and discover goodness in values. Spiritual development is determined by capacity therefor and is directly proportional to the elimination of the selfish qualities of love. [1096:1](URANTIA BOOK)

you see this is the stuff i'm talking about. that is just beautiful. even if you think the book is bologna this type of passage still inspires the human mind.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by anti72
"The book reads very much like a repackaged bible but throws in a bunch of new age spirituality and bad science fiction."

that´s my impression, too.
sounds like Scientology behind.
they are clever.

You should try to know what you are talking about before speaking. It's obivious to anyone that knows the reality of Scientology that the stories conflict. Scientology's story is that there's a represive force keeping spiritual beings trapped here on earth.

The truth of the "story" through Urantia Book shows that the "trapped spirits" that are HERE ON EARTH trying to trick mankind are trapped because they have created conflict in the Universal Truth of the "Father of Fathers" aka "God the most High".

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
About 14 years ago I used to attend a prayer group with some friends of the mystic persuasion in Northeast Indiana. One gentleman, who owned the bookstore that we gathered in and also maintained a factory job, was very much into the Urantia Book.
When he read selections from it, it was very interesting to note how deep in thought he became. His belief in this book made him a damn good story teller.
Their was an accompanying book, like a summary to the Urantia Book. I was impressed to discover that it's author was actually a chemical engineer in real life. I was not able to find this book a few years ago when i was searching.
The Urantia gentleman's life revolved around this book like a super devout's would revolve around the bible. No he didn't go door to door to preach, but when he was with friends he loved to study this work. I don't remember a lot of facts from it, but I do remember that he mentioned that Pontious Pilate is supposed to have not paid Joseph the Carpenter for work that he did for him before Jesus' crucifiction.
Another time, this gentleman came to our meditation group and said that he had recently been robbed. The assailant actually shot at him and the bullet went through him. I don't remember how this fascinating protection was provided to him.
Sure seems like it would require a lot of patience to read that book. I own a copy, but will probably wait for the movie.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JLizard
I don't remember a lot of facts from it, but I do remember that he mentioned that Pontious Pilate is supposed to have not paid Joseph the Carpenter for work that he did for him before Jesus' crucifiction.

According to The Urantia Book, Joseph died in Jesus' fourteenth year.

www.urantia.org...

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JLizard
Sure seems like it would require a lot of patience to read that book. I own a copy, but will probably wait for the movie.

LAUGHING MY MFA OFF!

don't wait for the movie for it isn't coming. Time is shorter then you think

Download the MP3 files of the audio book! That's the only way to fly.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I’ve read every post in this thread now, and spent several hours looking at the book.

I want to keep an open mind on this. I won’t say that this book is definitely a hoax. In particular, to the extent that the book brings people to faith and to peace, it cannot be argued against. Perhaps any false doctrine is simply an encoded form of the truth?

That said – I strongly suspect that this book is predicated on something that is not true, for the following reasons:

#1. The book contains far too many pointless neologisms. This is symptomatic of psychotic mental illness. (See the Wikipedia article on “Neologism”.)

#2. There is irrefutable evidence of extensive plagiarism. Obviously, the book could not be written by external intelligence if it contains sections written by humans.

Something that influences my opinion on this is this article by Dave Langford. He provides a cruel assessment. I would be interested in seeing counter arguments to his commentary.

#

The history of humanity shows that religious hoaxes are quite prevalent. Without any doubt, forming a new religion must be the ultimate ego trip for a person. It deifies the founder(s) of the religion, which may be strong motivation to a person or group of people to proceed with a hoax.

I ask respectfully: Is there any experiment that could be performed, possibly suggested by this 2000 page tome, which could be used to show the book, or some portion of it, is true? Perhaps the key to some useful invention, a mathematical proof, or something observable?

#

I definitely will not dismiss this book or any believer in it. There may be absolute truth in parts of it. I don't mean to show any disrespect. The book is truly an amazing artifact!

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buck Division
#2. There is irrefutable evidence of extensive plagiarism. Obviously, the book could not be written by external intelligence if it contains sections written by humans.

I'm not really aware of acutal plagiarism in the book, but many of the concepts presented are of human origin which the book freely admits.

As for those who do not believe, that is their position, but as you said in your post, if the book brings people closer to God and increases their faith, we should not be too critical.

The fundamental message is about as benign as it gets, so I don't really bother to argue the facts of the book.

When you've seen the light, it's just better to go on your way and live the message rather than to preach it.

Successive planetary revelations of divine truth invariably embrace the highest existing concepts of spiritual values as a part of the new and enhanced co-ordination of planetary knowledge. Accordingly, in making these presentations about God and his universe associates, we have selected as the basis of these papers more than one thousand human concepts representing the highest and most advanced planetary knowledge of spiritual values and universe meanings. Wherein these human concepts, assembled from the God-knowing mortals of the past and the present, are inadequate to portray the truth as we are directed to reveal it, we will unhesitatingly supplement them, for this purpose drawing upon our own superior knowledge of the reality and divinity of the Paradise Deities and their transcendent residential universe.

We are fully cognizant of the difficulties of our assignment; we recognize the impossibility of fully translating the language of the concepts of divinity and eternity into the symbols of the language of the finite concepts of the mortal mind. But we know that there dwells within the human mind a fragment of God, and that there sojourns with the human soul the Spirit of Truth; and we further know that these spirit forces conspire to enable material man to grasp the reality of spiritual values and to comprehend the philosophy of universe meanings. But even more certainly we know that these spirits of the Divine Presence are able to assist man in the spiritual appropriation of all truth contributory to the enhancement of the ever-progressing reality of personal religious experience--God-consciousness.

www.urantia.org...

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

good for you!

as for me, I've given up trying to prove the reality of Urantia book.

I know the reality and truth within those pages.

I understand some just want to do the whole "tree of knowledge" game, if that makes sense.

I'm only going to therefore stick to introduction and personal experience when it comes to the book and others.

In the end, we will all only see that which we truly want to see. Sure, to some of us we only seek to see "the truth", but those badges are handed out after the fact.

I really dislike when people treat it like a religion. However I dislike when people treat any of the scriptual texts, lost scrolls, hidden books or any inspired work as "religion".

Religion to me is death.

It's all about the spiritual journy of the soul/spirit. It's all about keeping one's personality aligned through the mortality gates. That to each and everyone is a personal quest. Even if their phyical quest is only to ignore and find fault in the understandings written upon their very souls.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

That book found me when I was in a bookstore, awhile ago, it was given to me by the voice in the head. That said 'LOOK UP' and there it was The Urantia Book. I voiced out to the Universe give me a book that has facts.

I gave it a 95% accuracy rate in my thread.

So in answer to the question, it has much Truth, doesn't matter how it arrives as long as 'the meaning' is there.

It has a lot of validity to it.

So by all means EXPAND your minds.

Concepts of the Universes and much other stuff.

I am for the book not against it.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FremenBlueEyes

I haven't read that one ( or OAHSPE, which I remember it reminded me of ) for 20 years, but I do have two things to say about it.#1, in dealing with channeled manuscripts, I always am reminded of Swedenborg's remarks about how strongly inclined spirits are to just lie to you all the time about everything for no particular reason.#2, I have a bias
like Occam's razor that a superior intelligence should be able to write a short (shorter than Urantia) book, as pithy, nested, and sequential as for example Wittgenstein's Tractatus, or at least the Tao Te Ching. But those are just my biases, which need not compel others.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Flagged also, if it wasn't 2:30 am here I would start reading now, this sounds right up my street, hope I have a spare week or so now! ha ha

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join