It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urantia- what do you think?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Can somebody who has read the entire book go back and make us an 'idiots guide to Urantia'?

Funny... Urantia 101.

Don't read the book from front to back. Find what intrests you and then work through it that way.

I strongly sudgest MP3s, they are free.

I'd say you should check out the Lucifer Rebelion and the Planetary Rebelion first, as that gives you perspective as to what's really going on.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Incarnated

I would request that you specify who you are calling Sick and confused.

I believe the mods will to when they get in here for that comment.

Keep it civil please.

Coven

It's a refrence to the understandings within the Urantia Book. From the perspective of the book there's only two conditions. Worthy of accention and unworthy. The unworthy are found so because they refused to seek out the truth in understandings seen through a clear mind, rather sticking to negitives.

Jedi type theories.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

ok... I redact my last statement... except for the civil part.

I have been picking and choosing (i.e. garden of eden creation, life of jesus... stuff I can grasp hold of easily with my southern baptist upbringing...) and I have been intrigued... but Race Purification is Not a term that I take to kindly to... THAT said I do agree that it could be a statement that is more supportive of racial harmony and (for lack of a better term) "interbreeding" of races to create a single race simply known as 'mankind'. BUT the statements stormdancer posted earlier make me approach this with much larger kid gloves.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by coven

Well because of media driven statements and such, terms in the public eye are percieved as negitives. Every term in the urantia book should be looked at as objectivly as an understanding as you can muster, and will understanding to the rest of the context.

Just like the term "Cult" people all around the world crindge when they hear/use term Cult. This is because the media splashed images of "death cults", but the term objectivly only stands for a very small grouping of people with the same spiritual beliefs!

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Can you explain this then please?

"Slavery was an indispensable link in the chain of human civilization. It was the bridge over which society passed from chaos and indolence to order and civilized activities; it compelled backward and lazy peoples to work and thus provide wealth and leisure for the social advancement of their superiors."

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Seems like they're saying slavery was good for them and what about how it talks about anti-social idle people being bad?

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Shawn B.

are you still negitivly perciving? Are you talking about Slavery as in accordance to the "black man"? Slavery reaches far back way before that.

Slavery is still a very large part of the world.

Those that are blinded by the confused states of mind not seeking clarity and understanding, following after the negitive feelings of "hate" "anger" "fear" are still slaves.

"You're a slave neo" "a slave in the prision of your own mind".

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
WOW

a lot of stuff has happened since i have been gone. i have to work on sat. unfortunately, actually not unfortunately. You see, i am a chef and sat nights are prime time for me. Its awesome, working with food and making it a majestic masterpeice that would not be forgotten by the consumer.

Ok.
I do not like how the race purification has been vilified on this thread. I tend to agree with incarnate for the reason that they do specify the race is the human race and not individual color races. i agree that these color things that are said in their are probably the auroas.

now when they speak about the detremental human beings that are allowed to breed, why do we have to assume that they are speaking of color race whenever it could do with mental dissorders, such as a serial killer whom would most likely past his murderous gene to his children if he was allowed to mate. In my opinion, people with sick minds, such as serial killers and people with serious mental problems, not simple problems like bipolarism and other things, should not be able to breed because they would defect the gene pool of human beings. That is what i belive they are saying. Seriously, would you want a society of lazy humans that want to freeload off of hardworking people, or would that be detremental to society as a whole.

I agree that as a race as a whole, the human race, we should start to try to bring about the most good in the society of the earth. not eugenics. but a filtering out of the really bad genes that reside in our gene pool,(i.e. murderous and extremely psychotic human beings). to me that is not a hitler idea at all and should not be villified as one.

anyone agree?disagree?

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I would take it a step further and say that if you work for a living... you are a slave.

While you learn the righteousness of a hard days labor, and the minimal pay you receive for your labor (which develops an appreciation for all that work... as no pay.. no point.. right?) you are still a slave to the whims of your "superiors" or Bosses... Amazing our supervisors are STILL referred to as a slave name (I'm talking Afro-American slave) for the 'whip crackers'.

'Yessa boss. I'll continue to pick your cotton just please don't whip me again'

taxation, and social structure alone are proof. We are all still slaves... Unless we are the elite.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
reply to post by Shawn B.

are you still negitivly perciving? Are you talking about Slavery as in accordance to the "black man"? Slavery reaches far back way before that.

Slavery is still a very large part of the world.

Those that are blinded by the confused states of mind not seeking clarity and understanding, following after the negitive feelings of "hate" "anger" "fear" are still slaves.

"You're a slave neo" "a slave in the prision of your own mind".

Slaves in general. How is slavery a good thing?

And what about how it call slaves lazy people, but actually anyone who has a slave is actually the lazy one.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawn B.

"Slavery was an indispensable link in the chain of human civilization. It was the bridge over which society passed from chaos and indolence to order and civilized activities; it compelled backward and lazy peoples to work and thus provide wealth and leisure for the social advancement of their superiors."

Ok. i agree wholeheartedly that slavery is and was an evil thing but it could be that it is a necesary evil in evolution. Do you really think that america would be the country it was without its history of slavery. do you think that as a whole now, all color races included, would be able to enjoy the fruits of our society nowadays without the advent of slavery??? We are past that point now in society because we have learned from our mistakes but i really do not think society would be as advanced as it was if slavery never happened.

Did you know that morocons enslaved white english captives, close to 1,000, to help build their society?? Its true, read the book Captives, a non fictoin work.

To further prove my point, does moroco not have the most elegant and advanced society in central and northern africa, they do. their cabs are freakin mercedes and their architecture is some of the most beautiful in the world.

Also, the marvel that is the pyramids and the sphinx were more than likely built by slaves, those inspire just by looking at them.

I take a quote from the show WONDERSHOWZEN or kids show.... "SLAVES built the pyrimads, SLaves built the parthenon, Slaves built America, thank you slaves!" all in song of course.

I AM CLARIFYING ONCE AGAIN I AM NOT A SUPPORTER OF SLAVERY OR RASCISM IN ANY WAY AS I LOVE ALL RACES!!!!!

i am speaking in strictly historical terms....

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Was it really necessary though in the long run to have to wipe and force probably kill people just so you can have pretty things to look at? Some of the people went there whole lives just doing backbreaking work. Would you want to do that or have your family have to do that? The egyptian slaves were forced to do that just so Pharaoh could have a pimped out grave.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Everything goes away with time al beauty fades ect ect... Why force people to not have a peaceful life. The pyrimds are even fading. So whats the point in the long run?

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
Sick and Confused minds are weak and unworthy and would mostlikely find the info in the Urantia book useless at any rate.

Since this is subtly directed at me, or at least meant to indirectly apply to people like me, I should be entitled a response.

Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds coming from someone who barely has a grasp of the English language and its proper grammatical structure?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shawn B.

That's an easy explanation, the answer to which is in The Urantia Book.

Prior to the institution of slavery, captives were savagely murdered.

The Urantia Book does not tell the story of the universe and humanity from the privileged and naive view of 20/20 hindsight.

It is the story of how we progressed from our pre-human ancestors to the homo sapiens sapiens we are today.

The rise to the level of society we now know and take for granted so much that it is disintegrating before our eyes has been long and arduous and slavery was as normal to our forebears as pre-nuptial agreements are today.

Again, we have an example of material taken out of context and condemned because someone didn't take the time to read enough to make sense out of the material.

Also, I don't think anyone here said that anyone would agree with or even like everything The Urantia Book has to say. It is certainly not politically correct.

Sometimes the truth is hard to swallow.

[edit on 2007/12/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

Uhmmm... that wasn't really necessary... or civil...

you do realize ATS is a WORLD WIDE WEBSITE... right?

Luckily those of us in the US obviously have the MOST EXPANSIVE comprehension of our own language...

I'm gonna quit member moderating this board after this comment... But I had already complained on Incarnated's post you are talking about... BUT three posts later s/he explains fairly clearly that this statement is NOT aimed at anyone, but those who are too weak minded to even try to review these documents...

Please don't take this as a slam or anything... I'm just saying... This book is about the changes that should occur in man... and we are continually proving how far off from these changes we truly are, just by the continually increasing argumentative nature of this particular thread.

*and for the record NO I have NOT had to the time to read the complete book... BUT skimming through from beginning to the end I have seen a LOT of very intelligent statements in this writing... the issue is EXACTLY as incarnated has said... We must get past our own negative perceptions, and utilize the language available in the best light possible. Race could simply Mean MANKIND...*

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Race could simply Mean MANKIND...*

Race is used in The Urantia Book as it is in the conversation of intelligent, educated individuals.

In the context argued here, it most definitely means mankind.

Again, a contextual understanding of the text would clarify the meaning of the word to any normally endowed, reasonably educated, and well-meaning individual.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
lol, maybe if some actual Celestial Beings came down to Earth and handed us a huge book it would be believable, but coming first from some guy while he was sleeping and then some so-called "entity" that magically wrote these papers and placed them in a safe? You guys can't be serious. How gullible can you be?

This book was written by humans just like many other "divine" books... e.g. the Bible...

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
lol, maybe if some actual Celestial Beings came down to Earth and handed us a huge book it would be believable, but coming first from some guy while he was sleeping and then some so-called "entity" that magically wrote these papers and placed them in a safe? You guys can't be serious. How gullible can you be?

This book was written by humans just like many other "divine" books... e.g. the Bible...

ok.. how is this contributing to this thread at all. you bring no intelligent debate to this disscusion at all but rather are bringing a baseless immature argument to a forum of open minded people who don't neccesarily believe in this book, but want to discuss it INTELLIGENTLY. not from an immature HOW GULLIBLE CAN YOU BE standoint. i'm sure, from looking at your threads, that you believe in aliens. how would you feel if someone came to you and said, " you are so gullible and you can't be serious that aliens exist, retard!" not very good. so lets try to be intelligent and mature and not baseless childs in this thread, please.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Why would you want to waste your time analyzing the work of a group of some nerd psychologists who sat around and wrote this thing back in the 40s or 50s? They obviously had too much time on their hands and this is probably some sort of hoax or social experiment. You actually believe this book was written through some sort of invisible medium? If not then what is the point of wasting time on this crap? The explanation of how this book was supposedly written in ridiculous.

I'm not saying that it is absolutely impossible that a book could be written through a celestial medium, but in this case I would bet that it was written solely by humans.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join