It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urantia- what do you think?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I think that the Urantia Papers were concoted as a means to financial gain by Dr. Sadler and his wife. However, the dry nature of the material presented -- I can't see how anyone could read all two-thousand whatever pages it's just so boring -- would make the book a difficult sell to the average reader. But, now that I think of it, perhaps it's dry nature could be a selling point, as it may make the book seem more authentic.

The papers slipped into the US public domain after the Urantia Foundation made a copyright booboo when trying to renew their copyright in 1983 and slipped into the Internation public domain in 2006.

From the parts that I've been able to stomach reading, the papers seem to focus on trying to establish some sort of new religious movement -- I hate to use the word cult because of the negative connotations associated with the word -- or something to that effect. Of course, if that's the case, putting out an easy to read, condensed version of the papers would draw in the maximum amount of people.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zephyrs

Well, maybe the book isn't for you.

Truthfully, I'm a little strange. I would rather read lost scrolls and such texts then some manmade guessitive philosophical idealizations.

The bulk of the book isn't for the blanch on the fence believer.

It can seem long and drawn out.

However as strange as I am, I know truths that were hidden for thousands of years in the hidden scrolls, and it predates the info in Urantia book, but the strange thing is the Urantia book already knew these things before the scrolls came unearth.

The book isn't fake, nor is it a new religious movement. It contains truth that every being needs know before dying. Sure, it also has alot of top level understandings into the hidden things of God also, and that's not everyone's taste.

However to me and one's like me it tastes just like candy.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Incarnated,
You U2U'ed me on the subject of this book a week or so ago and since I cannot respond to you by U2U I will respond right here. There is but ONE book that teaches the basis of spirituality, the truth of life and all its secrets, and the nature of God. The B I B L E.
Any other spiritually "inspired" book is inspired by those who creep into bedrooms at night a lead away silly people to fill there heads with non-sense.
I speak of the "aliens" who abduct human beings and they are the fallen angels.
Angels are aliens, NOT the other way around.
For thousands of years the fallen ones wanted to be recognized as something they were not. They wanted to be Gods themselves, and foolish people worshiped them as so, and thats why Greek and Roman and Norse mythology among many other mythologies exist.
These people had a God for everything, but when Jesus lives and died on the cross, and the belief in the one true God spread, they had to back to the drawing board. Now they present themselves as "aliens" who will be worshiped as Gods when they present themselves as saviors to the Earth and humanity.

I would suggest that instead of turning to the word of man and beast for your spiritual hunger, you turn to the word of the almighty living God.

God bless.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I’ve read some or most of the book and all I’m getting out of it is that it makes the beliefs of Christianity scientific with alien stuff and junk about Jesus...............

The fact of the matter is........Jesus is a made up character like Buddha Krishna Horus etc.......as soon as you realize all the religions are BS you find out the Urantia book is also BS as it takes its entire meaning from only one religion......(which just happens to be the most powerful religion at that time that it was written...) my guess is that if say Islam was in the place of Christianity leading religion back when the Urantia book was written, the book would have been about Muhammad instead of Jesus.......

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

andre18,
It saddens my heart to read such comments, but may God have mercy on your mislead and confused soul anyway. The Lord is your savior, no matter if you love Him or not, He loves you.

God bless

[edit on 17-12-2007 by NeverWalkAlone]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JLizard
Their was an accompanying book, like a summary to the Urantia Book. I was impressed to discover that it's author was actually a chemical engineer in real life. I was not able to find this book a few years ago when i was searching.

If you're still around, I think the one you're looking for might be An Introduction to the Urantia Revelation by David Bradley. He's actually a geotechnical engineer.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
My post just got accidently errased so i am jsut gonna fudge this and give you guys a recap on what i posted:

apparently there was this guy called Michael that got abducted on a hill up in Hawaii. He met up with Riley Martian a famous abducted that just came out with a book called "the coming of tan". Anyway he said that the aliens told him that the ship he was on was a huge mother ship called New Jerusalem, he was shown around the ship and i think even later found out that Jesus was on the ship. I know it sounds crazy but its true...he says that when it was time to go he still had some questions about god and everything...one of the aliens that looked human told him that there was a book on earth that they composed that could help him find all the answers..the book was called the book of earth or the Urantia book.

here is the interview and Micheal talks about the book and how he got it:
helloearth.info...

here is the website with all the interviews:
helloearth.info...

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
FremenBlueEyes,

I wanted to thank you for starting this thread. I had never heard of the "Urantia Book", but I am so glad that you have brought this into my life. I have been glued to it since the first page.

Although I am only 1/4 of the way through it, I feel so enlightened and uplifted and something else... that I just can't explain. It may take me a life time to get through this entire book, I am a slow reader and I find that I have to stop and ponder each section, but I am driven to continue.

Thank you for introducing me to this wonderful book! flagged!

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
People want to believe what they want, whatever fills the emptyness in the soul and in the brain. I don't judge anyone.

With that said I was going to start reading this book until I saw the posts made by Stormdancer77, anyone who wants to justify racism, slavery, the elimination of the "not worthy" and such AT ANY LEVEL spiritual or terrestial are just perconditioning their minds to accept anykind of atrocities for the purpose of whatever they want to believe in. It has happen before and it will happen again.

IMO this book can be the mother of all revelations but the fact can not be negated that it also references and try to make as if its ok all this things, even if it was presented by "the creator" itself is morally wrong.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EsseVi

USE THE MP3s!

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverWalkAlone
Any other spiritually "inspired" book is inspired by those who creep into bedrooms at night a lead away silly people to fill there heads with non-sense.

Maybe. But proving the divinity of one batch of books compared to another is a tricky business. If you're the kind of person who really trusts the authority of the compilers of the Bible all those years ago, that they made absolutely the right decisions about which books to include and which not to include, then I guess that's the end of the discussion with you. So be it.

However, if you're the kind of person who maybe thinks people can make mistakes, then you have to consider that maybe not all of the books in the Bible ought to be there, and maybe there are some lying around that ought to be. Some of these found here, maybe:

www.earlychristianwritings.com...

And if some don't belong there, who can say for sure that others don't belong there?

As for the source, maybe you are a better judge than I of the various wild prophets, mystics, channelers and "historians" who have written and still write spiritually inspired texts. What makes one person's "vision" any more valid than another? Convention?

Why is impossible that somebody like Ezekiel may have been fed a false vision by those dark entities of whom you speak? And why is it impossible, if God and his holy emissaries remain in active communication with the world, that they don't speak through prophets even today? Who is being led astray by their refusal to listen to God through these people?

I'm not a religious person, but if you claim to be one, I suggest that it sure sounds like you're setting yourself up as the ultimate judge of what is right and wrong, making yourself the determiner of God's will, as well as putting a lot more faith in human authority figures than you do in God.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by Nohup]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Nohup,
Being a Christian I believe that the books of the Bible are the inspired words of God, written and gathered together by man. I have to believe that God had his hand in the decision making when the various books were assembled and named the "Bible".
I do not claim to be a religious person. I know that might sound contradicting or confusing because Christianity is classified as a religion, but religion is a man made institution. Christianity was established by Christ, and Christ was the Lord our God in the flesh. Christianity was not established by man, but rather established by God Himself.
I could go on for a long time but it would not be appropriate, so let me just say that those "lost" books and early writings are very interesting, but clearly were excluded for good reasons.

And just to add, Jesus is not in some spaceship with a bunch of aliens.
Angels are Aliens, NOT the other way around!!!

God bless

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Being a Christian I believe that the books of the Bible are the inspired words of God, written and gathered together by man. I have to believe that God had his hand in the decision making when the various books were assembled and named the "Bible".

I personally think that whenever a group of people are involved, politics becomes more of a factor than divine influence. And when it comes to the rantings and fuzzy histories of a bunch of fanatics, I don't think it would be that easy to draw lines to say which lunatic fanatic really talked to God or an angel, and who didn't.

Angels are Aliens, NOT the other way around!!!

Since I have yet to encounter either, they're both in the same semantic category, as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
reply to post by EsseVi

USE THE MP3s!

Can you link to them? the links are down on the Urantia site.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
I personally think that whenever a group of people are involved, politics becomes more of a factor than divine influence. And when it comes to the rantings and fuzzy histories of a bunch of fanatics, I don't think it would be that easy to draw lines to say which lunatic fanatic really talked to God or an angel, and who didn't.

Very well said.
I completely agree.

I happen to be reading THE URANTIA BOOK at this time strangly enough. I am only about 70 pages into it however and it reads VERY much like any other tome that claims to be divinely inspired.
The VERY BEST divine inspirational books I have ever read....( and by best I am speaking from my personal opinion) Were the Neil Donald Walsh books CONVERSATIONS WITH GOD................those were very 'feel good-celebrate life' books.
I agree that URANTIA is reading rather dry........but allot of things written therein 'feel' right. I think books of this nature are subjective to the individual reader, and you either buy into it or not.....
Personally I try and look for truths in many writings and do not think any one tome is the end all be all of real information. Though I do believe there is more truth to be found in URANTIA than in the King James Bible.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Here are the audio links for anyone who wants them!

urantiabook.org...

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
A bppk, written by aliens, through a human whos mind they had taken over..

lol pleeease!!

More New Wave, Flower Power garbage.

If Aliens wanted to communicate with us, there are far more reliable ways to do it.

People can be so stupid.

This is exactly how cults start, when some guy preaches a bunch of crap that still manages to suckker ppl in. Next thing you know, your all taking Suicide pills in order to hitch a ride on a passing UFO...lol

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Nohup

Nohup,
Being a Christian I believe that the books of the Bible are the inspired words of God, written and gathered together by man. I have to believe that God had his hand...

Here is your ERROR. Do you not understand God has given to mankind free will? Mankind, "the church", chose out of Free Will the books they included in the bible. Sure, the men hoped to be devinely lead, but man is also limited in being lead.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Why is this in the UFO Forum? There is a forum in BTS that you could be discussing issues of faith, spirituality and religion.

This has nothing to do with UFO a much to do with beliefs systems.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
Why is this in the UFO Forum? There is a forum in BTS that you could be discussing issues of faith, spirituality and religion.

This has nothing to do with UFO a much to do with beliefs systems.

Because, although you feel that it should be dismissed. This was delivered by the "aliens" too many want to believe that such info on such beings are beening "hidden" in consparicy thinking.

This isn't a "religion" and althought the universe is based on spirituality, something you can not accept, it is the biggest message ever sent to mankind.

You don't want to believe. I don't think you can. However there's many many hidden truths in this book from "anchient aliens" and on.

I only wish you'd see it. But, mankind has a tendancy to see what they want. That's why there's so many "consparicie theoriests". Because mankind wants to be blind. There's nothing hidden.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join