It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urantia- what do you think?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FremenBlueEyes

I've noticed that many people here focus a lot on Satan and his doings and that we should be careful and things like that. I believe it has to do with the fear that many religions sadly teach to their adherents. I really don't care about him or Lucifer or any other like-minded being. Anyway, I doubt they are still in existence. They both refused all the mercy given to them and it is or was only a matter of time for them to cease to exist...

Alexandros

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander1111

that is exactly what i love about the urantia book. it teaches that fear is the opposite of love. to instill fear in someone is to do an act of evil. the idea of hell is a fearful tactic. to say to someone that they are going to experience an eternity of pain and suffering because they do not say the words, "i accept jesus as my lord and savior", is in itself an act of instilling fear in another person to achieve the goal of a selfish means.

there are people that call themselves christians that scream this stuff at me while i am simply walking down the street.

if they were selling something, let's say jelly beans, and they were screaming, "buy these jellybeans or you will live an eternity of suffering!!!!", i would not buy the jellybeans.

the urantia book states that a soul is immortal if it follows the will of the universal father, which is the will of love. it is that feeling you get whenever you are presented with a moral decision in life. this happens everyday, whether it be holding a door open for another or wanting to yell at someone whenever they cut you off in a car, you just need to make the right choice.

if you decide to immerse your whole life in rebellion, which is not following the law of love, to the extent that it consumes you then yeah, you will be consumed in the fires by the ancient of days.

if you live a life where you are somewhat moral trying to experience everything you can to find the best path toward living in the love will of the universal father then you will live a succession of lives that last almost an eternity, all the while learning, until you bind with the universal father.

according to the urantia book that is.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FremenBlueEyes

That fear was the reason I didn't like to go to church or do all the stuff Orthodox Christianity says. I knew that God didn't care what clothes I am wearing, whether I fast or not etc. I am so grateful I found the Urantia book and I now can experience God as my loving Father...

I also find wonderful the excerpt that talks about divine mercy in the Urantia book. One teaching that I didn't like in the Urantia book was that of ceasing to exist if you don't follow God's will. I didn't like it, because I was wondering about those people who live in planets where there are not favorable conditions for the development of their souls. But then I read this in the Urantia book:

Divine mercy represents a fairness technique of adjustment between the universe levels of perfection and imperfection. Mercy is the justice of Supremacy adapted to the situations of the evolving finite, the righteousness of eternity modified to meet the highest interests and universe welfare of the children of time. Mercy is not a contravention of justice but rather an understanding interpretation of the demands of supreme justice as it is fairly applied to the subordinate spiritual beings and to the material creatures of the evolving universes. Mercy is the justice of the Paradise Trinity wisely and lovingly visited upon the manifold intelligences of the creations of time and space as it is formulated by divine wisdom and determined by the all-knowing mind and the sovereign free will of the Universal Father and all his associated Creators.

Divine Mercy

We are truly given every opportunity to believe and continue inwards to Paradise. In the end the decision is ours whether we want to exist and folow God's will or not.

Alexandros

[edit on 24-6-2008 by Alexander1111]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The Urantia Book as been called "the alien Bible" and if you read the section titled "The Midway Creatures" you'll swear they are talking about grays (the benign kind that don't torture people). In fact, it's my specialty. I've studied it since 1973 and have had contact. Yes, it's a big universe and there's a lot going on out there. There's all kinds of inhabited planets, angels, mortal, advanced spirits and so on. The one thing the local gays and others in this part of the galaxy can't understand is why we nailed Jesus to a piece of wood.

When all is said and done, there's tons of stuff in the U Book that relate to the things that are discussed on ATS and I'm amazed it doesn't get more mention. It's not a Christian thing as some Biblical bloke put something like "whoever changes these writings will be damned" or some dumb thing like that and now millions of people who would normally be open minded have to be close minded "because the Bible says it's so." What a fool's world we live in. Perhaps we deserve the whole 2012 bag of fleas (which is also hinted at in the book first published in 1950s).

Would love to discuss more on this. It means a lot to me and has more nuggets of wisdom than any other "channeled" book.

Cheers,

Paul

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
oops!

I said "one thing the local gays..." I meant the local grays of this galaxy. As far as the former, locally, they are mostly female (I live in North Hollywood). There's some very attractive, very creative and hip women for who a fellow like me just wishes.... just wishes and says "good morning." Brings up an interesting question: What sort of "orientations" do the visitors have? (not that I care, but I thrive on new info and intelligent speculation.

Paul

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I have read it entirely superficially & continue reading it: it's the best book I've ever read.
There are 2 free online books that recount its origin & history:

www.world-destiny.org...
freeurantia.org...

.LuisMarco., 29, Mexico City

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

edit on 3-5-2013 by eli9x because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join