It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urantia- what do you think?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juzal
Urantia presents Jesus as on of hundreds of thousands of "Creator Sons" that are scattered around the universe. The Creator Son of this planet was called Jesus but actually his real name was (archangel) Michael.

Archangels and Creator Sons are different beings.

www.urantia.org...

www.urantia.org...

www.urantia.org...

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Why do you believe that the Nephilim are Reptilians?

Can you corroborate such a claim?

I hope your not just busting my balls. As this is one of those things that you can trun a blind eye to if you so wish. However, here is the shorter and generic version of longer and more intesive research.

First off, you must be willing to agree, as it is stated as such in the Urantia book, that the Urantia Book is more a records. It states it is an "uninspired" work. As opposed to a "inspired" (by the voice of God) work that the urantia book fully states shouldn't be excluded as such things were beyond their understanding. Also that the "records" they discribe are "given" to them to be given to mankind. Cross refrencing is suported by the book of Urantia, it was never meant to replace inspired works.

moving on...

The term "Nephilim" has a dule meaning depending upon use. It's most commonly mistaken for the general term "giants" but depending upon use "Nephilim" also stands for "Those that came down". Rather I like to introduce the idea that rather then "came down" they were "thrown down". The dule meaning of this term really is a singular meaning as it is written 'let us go increase our numbers by the daughters of man'. So the dule meaning Nephilim are both refering to the "god like" creatures and their offspring.

The Urantia Book is lacking in the department of discriptives on the named beings.

However a simple examination of global mythological stories shows a trend. This trend must be accepted as the vast spans of land in times past did not alow for such stories to transfer globally.

There's a classical mythology in just about every acient people on record. They all speak of how "god like" people came to "mate" with their women. These can be seen from sumiaria to achient americas. In ALL accounts of ancient record those "god like" people that came to mate are discribed as "reptilian" like.

There's alot more to it. You should do some researching. It's good stuff.

As far as no being in the Urantia book being discribed to be in assoication. That's not true. The Book of Enoch, other books, and including the Urantia book as state of a being by name that is set up in the heavens surounding earth to be watchers of the progress.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juzal
Urantia presents Jesus as on of hundreds of thousands of "Creator Sons" that are scattered around the universe. The Creator Son of this planet was called Jesus but actually his real name was (archangel) Michael.

Archangels and Creator Sons are different beings.

www.urantia.org...

www.urantia.org...

www.urantia.org...

Yes, but you're neglecting the fact that the Urantia Book clearly states that some beings are more then one classification or catagory.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I believe the Urantia Book is true. In being a true exposed record of mankind's existance on this planet, one needs realize many things that are based in strong human mythology would be factualized in the Urantia Book.

Should you look for such things? If you got your spiritual status set up or are okay with it. why not search for other aspects?

I've found Atlantis in the Urantia Book.

Yeah sure it's not called "Atlantis", but it is in there. Keep in mind the Urantia Book addresses this planet mankind calls Earth in the book.

Did you find that?

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
actually i never made the atlantis connection as i only read a brief part of history of urantia. i was more interested in the beings, cosmology, and the life of jesus. please tell me where i could find it in there, or i'll actually not be lazy and find it myself
If it is in there maybe we could extract a location and go atlantis hunting. but evil people would probably kill us before we found it

so has anyone any insight into the colors of the peoples on Urantia and them saying that there needs to be only one???
that is really one of the only things i have wrong with the book.

Just read the lucifer rebellion again. been a couple years. Wow. after learning all this stuff about et's through this website and other references it seems that there is an undeniable parallel. pretty awesome..

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FremenBlueEyes
so has anyone any insight into the colors of the peoples on Urantia and them saying that there needs to be only one???

The Urantian Book speaks in terms of "beings" being able to be seen by some and not seen by others. This spiritual type of vision is required to "see" some things in the Urantia book.

I'm tending, rather then believe it's addressing the "color of skin", (color of skin being something that the Urantria book addresses as a failing to see the unity), rather I believe the "colors" are known to us as "Aura" colors.

There's been a latest crazy of the "indigo children" people being born with radiant indigo (blue/purple) auras in the news lately.

If I were to have to take a stab at it, I'd believe the "color of people" is that color they radiate in what's known as "our auras"

www.crystalinks.com...

[edit on 15-12-2007 by Incarnated]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
IMO it sounds like an "updated" version of the bible

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pootershooter

Well, in many ways, it can be seen as such.

However "the bible" is a book that leans toward a people and not all people. It also is alot of "man" ie confused writings as to the understandings. However the bible has the "inspired works" as also several other sets of scrolls and lost books.

It more redefines the reality of truth that is contained in the bible.

However, there's so much more in the Urantia book outside of biblical stuff.

So in that way it can't be compaired.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Why do you believe that the Nephilim are Reptilians?

I hope your not just busting my balls. As this is one of those things that you can trun a blind eye to if you so wish. However, here is the shorter and generic version of longer and more intesive research.

....sigh, I for one was hoping for a more informative response, there. I also have some questions......some I've had for a while, and had hoped some good instructive discussion on this subject would come around again.......??

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
frtayed 1

then please ask questions and lets discuss. that is what this thread is all about.. so ask away and incarnated and i and others will do our best to answer them.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Okay, here's one ....

I have found quite a few references to books that might have been used as sources of information by the 'revelators' of the U papers.....

Now, does this discount the possibility that the revelators were 'other worldly', as they claim? They do admit that 'human memories and sources' were used for some info, and they make little effort to disguise the passages that were used....so could they have used these sources because these authors had 'gotten it right', or maybe the 'revelators' had a hand in the previous authors' 'inspiration'?

Perhaps, but for me, it does hurt the image of 'divine revelation' for the information presented. The book list is here:

urantiabook.org...

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
Sorry to say you are WRONG! It's all in there if you know what IT is.

reply to post by GradyPhilpott

p856:6 77:2.3 The postrebellion era on Urantia witnessed many unusual happenings. A great civilization—the culture of Dalamatia—was going to pieces. "The Nephilim (Nodites) were on earth in those days, and when these sons of the gods went in to the daughters of men and they bore to them, their children were the `mighty men of old,' the `men of renown.'" While hardly "sons of the gods," the staff and their early descendants were so regarded by the evolutionary mortals of those distant days; even their stature came to be magnified by tradition. This, then, is the origin of the well-nigh universal folk tale of the gods who came down to earth and there with the daughters of men begot an ancient race of heroes. And all this legend became further confused with the race mixtures of the later appearing Adamites in the second garden

See, this just doesn't make sense. If they're a separate species how can they make babies with different species? Makes no sense, the things that created the Nephilim had to be the same.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I just read the History of Urantia -- the supposed formation of our Earth and the solar system.

Since it made no mention at all of the electrical nature of the universe -- as described by the Electric Universe theory, which I believe to be undoubtedly correct -- I dismiss this book entirely. Nor was there any description of the mytho-historical record of humanity which documents the universal worship of Saturn, this book hardly presents a realistic or believable history of Earth.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I can't say I've read much of this book.
But, from what I've read on the site, the bits and pieces, they make it seem like life is created in some sort of lab, like it's all tediously thought through, every detail of the life, and it's then planted and cared for until there's some assurance it will survive and evolve on it's own.
If you get my view on it..?
The way these Life Carriers, and Creator Son are talked about- They seem also like jobs, different roles, names we would give scientists; you know?
Anyhow- I don't buy into it.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte
I just read the History of Urantia -- the supposed formation of our Earth and the solar system.

Since it made no mention at all of the electrical nature of the universe -- as described by the Electric Universe theory, which I believe to be undoubtedly correct -- I dismiss this book entirely. Nor was there any description of the mytho-historical record of humanity which documents the universal worship of Saturn, this book hardly presents a realistic or believable history of Earth.

Then you reject the book because that's what you wanted to do. As I believe in the energy theory and I've seen it in the book.

You see what you want to see and you lack seeing what you are looking for not to be there, don't let your eyes play tricks on your soul.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dewm0nster

yeah well, the understandings in that book are not for all beings.

As long as you understand the basic unversal truths of the matters you're good to go.

1. Everything Was created by the universal father of all things "Our Father", the father of us all.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dewm0nster
The way these Life Carriers, and Creator Son are talked about- They seem also like jobs, different roles, names we would give scientists; you know?

Yes, but you seem to use "Job" in a negitive context, such as the negitive consepts that this world teaches about "work". However in every truthful spiritual texts, "we are judged by our works".

Even the basic beingings, of this world, is a "Job", and you pogress upward.

This world can be thought of as an inturnship. You're going to get "the job" or you're not.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Incarnated, in another thread you made you said some people will turn into reptiles in 2012. So who do you think are the people who are gonna revert to a reptile? What do they look like and how can they tell that thats what will happen to them? Is it just a certin race that will turn, lets say white people?

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Shawn B.

White power!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Shawn B.

Please leave the business of other threads on other threads. I've already responded to that question in a u2u. However that's a theory I was speaking of someone elses theory, it is a true theory if only symbolic in nature.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join