It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens When You Die?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
THERE IS NO LEARNING ON THIS FORUM !

What the hell is wrong with you people already. Plenty is known about what happens after you die depending on where you go. One person actually gave a link to the one of the biggest and info rich sites about the subject and yet not a single person here acknowledged that, but instead kept speculating nonsense or making up crap. Anytime this question comes up, answers are given but they seem to be ignored. There really should be a required reading list that people have to visit before they can post to a forum, otherwise this board with just go in circles until the end of time.

Below is another site. I like to visit it now and then because as more people clinically die and then are revived they post their after death experiences there. There are hundreds of them going back several years at the following link. Unfortunately though, most people who have hell-like after death experiences aren't that eager go around talking about them, so there's only a very small ratio of those kinds on these websites.

www.nderf.org...

“There are three claims in the ESP field which in my opinion, deserve serious study: … (3) that young children sometimes report the details of a previous life, which upon checking turn out to be accurate and which they could not have known about in any other way than reincarnation.” - Carl Sagan (Astronomer)

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
What happens when you die? Your heart stops beating and you're not able to move physically, that's what...............the end of life.

I am going to knock out a very fast answer to this. It would be great if somehow I was right on with this information, and the ancient tormenting questions of the soul, faced with the great unknown of death, were really answered by this info, modestly presented below:

#

Consciousness consists of two parts: information processing, and sensation (i.e. “thinking” and “feeling”.) The information processing part of consciousness needs little explanation – it is the same as that occurring in a computer system, except considerably more elaborate in nature. This is the domain of biology and neuroscience.

The “feeling” and "sensation" part is more complex and mysterious. This aspect of consciousness is called "qualia", and is an intrinsic property of the universe. (Google "qualia" for more info.)

I submit the following: "sensation" is a natural phenomenon resulting from the processing of random information into coherency. This creates a barrier between "universal sensation" and the entity that is performing the processing. This barrier is called the "now" of time.

The result of creating this barrier is consciousness.

This is a natural phenomenon, most likely resulting from immense reversal of entropy, i.e. vast reduction of random events, unknowable in the future, into cohesive reality, forever immutable in the past.

When processing stops (i.e. when you die), the barrier is dissolved, and the private sensation again becomes part of the universal sensation, like the air in a popped bubble. The processing part of consciousness goes away, but the “feeling” part remains, and rejoins with the universe.

So, it looks to me like, when you die, you maintain your sensations, and your sense of feelings. A question remains as to whether you retain your memories (since they are well preserved in the time stream) but that seems a minor issue in many ways, since feelings are really the more important and overriding aspects to all existence.

That is basically my theory: consciousness is a barrier between the universe and ourselves. The end of life is simply the dissolution of that barrier.

#

Hey – that was easy enough. One less thing to worry about.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Elhardt

being clinically dead is not dead though is it, people who are brain dead for want of a better term never again regain full consciousness, dead is dead and there is no coming back there is a major difference, the mind is the brain its who you are if its still functioning when you are clinically dead then any sort of dream scenarios can happen especially if your body knows at a subconscious level what a dangerous situation its in, dreams are not taken as fact why should dreams in any other situation be taken seriously

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elhardt

Agreed. Its all non-sense.

What the hell is wrong with you people already.

Nothing wrong on my side.

Plenty is known about what happens after you die depending on where you go.

Correct,
You either, rot in a coffin underground, rot in an above ground mausoleum, or rot in some countryside, or are turned to ash to be spread who knows where or kept in an urn to be discarded by someone who doesn't care. You live on only through someone else's memory which unfortunately doesn't last very long.

Below is another site. I like to visit it now and then because as more people clinically die and then are revived they post their after death experiences there. There are hundreds of them going back several years at the following link. Unfortunately though, most people who have hell-like after death experiences aren't that eager go around talking about them, so there's only a very small ratio of those kinds on these websites.

www.nderf.org...

“There are three claims" < SNIP >

Exactly. Claims! No proof.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I disagree. I've read every single post, and explored every link, and I've learned quite a bit about what people think over the past few days.

In many ways, this is really the ultimate topic of discussion, and I am interested in EVERYTHING that ANYONE has to say. That includes both believers, jokers, and dismissers.

I think this is ATS at its best
If anybody has more to say with regard to this subject (and how could they not?) be assured I will read it dilligently.

Please keep up the great work!

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by R-evolve
reply to post by Elhardt

being clinically dead is not dead though is it, people who are brain dead for want of a better term never again regain full consciousness, dead is dead and there is no coming back there is a major difference, the mind is the brain its who you are if its still functioning when you are clinically dead then any sort of dream scenarios can happen especially if your body knows at a subconscious level what a dangerous situation its in, dreams are not taken as fact why should dreams in any other situation be taken seriously

Take a look at the Pam Reynolds case. No brainwave activities and completely drained of blood. If that isn't dead, I don't know what is.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
the thing is she wasnt dead, she was believed to be dead but the very fact she is still alive means her brain was not dead, subconsciously she may of been able to hear everything and recollect it as for mentioning operating tools and how they shaved her head ive seen ER and other hospital dramas even i could describe an operation without ever witnessing a real one, as for the procedure do the doctors describe it as first we kill you so you are absolutely dead and then we bring you back to life or is the procedure done to the very limits of life which it obviously it is due to her still being alive, im pretty comfortable in the fact that she is either lying or was dreaming and even if she does 100 percent believe her story doesnt supply me with enough that i do too

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by R-evolve
the thing is she wasnt dead, she was believed to be dead but the very fact she is still alive means her brain was not dead, subconsciously she may of been able to hear everything and recollect it as for mentioning operating tools and how they shaved her head ive seen ER and other hospital dramas even i could describe an operation without ever witnessing a real one, as for the procedure do the doctors describe it as first we kill you so you are absolutely dead and then we bring you back to life or is the procedure done to the very limits of life which it obviously it is due to her still being alive, im pretty comfortable in the fact that she is either lying or was dreaming and even if she does 100 percent believe her story doesnt supply me with enough that i do too

Sounds like denial to me. It's a well documented case, and doctors recorded no brain activity whatsoever, and she also described the surgery and the conversations between the doctors in detail. You obviously haven't even looked at the case stating such things as "she wasn't dead" and "she was lying". Do some research please.

[edit on 15-12-2007 by GeeGee]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

What the hell is wrong with you people already. Plenty is known about what happens after you die depending on where you go.

I really don’t understand in anyway your aggressive approach on this one, because the absolute truth is, that no one, even you, I, and all those here on ATS and out there know for 100% shore what in reality happens after Death.
We all have our theories, ideas, expectations and hopes, and fears, but absolute none of us knows the real thing.

So share your conviction with us then, instead of coming with something like this.

[edit on 16/12/07 by spacevisitor]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

That's just not true. All you have to do is read it in the "Urantia Book".

oh, you may think you have reason to doubt that book.

I on the other hand have studied several source texts that uphold the truths put forth to all mankind into "Urantia Book".

So thus, the answer is within those pages.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Too bad the Urantia book was written by people and isn't a divine revelation
It's still a good fantasy work though. Props to whoever wrote it !!

For example it has plagiarized at least 19 pre-existing texts, and it's accounts on science is consistent with the time span it was written in, which means lots of scientific facts it puts forth were later disproved over time. If it was written by superior beings they wouldn't have written them.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Depending on the time of ones expiration from the mortal realm, the experience in the fully conscious state differs from the sleep state with either bringing you to the same final end result.

Fully awake you will feel something coming over you, a weakness in your senses, your physical self begins a feeling of fear or serenity washing through you. You will begin to feel and consciously see time slow to a stop as the mortal reality begins to fade as sight and sound leave with touch, smell and taste. The order of the senses leaving will not be in that order but the end is all the same. A conscious traumatic passing could be painfull and lengthy as well as instant depending on the cause. You will take a final breath as it all goes away and you find yourself in darkness.

Your first reaction from your now disconnected conscious will be shock, fear and if you have experienced oobe or a nde before, peace with relief from physical restraint and pain. You may have some one appear to take you or you may travel alone to the universe of light, it depends on what you believe in the realm of death.

Asleep or unconscious when expiring is the most pleasant. The conscious is totally unaware of pain or the expirational occurring event. You will suddenly be consciously awake in darkness and sense a physical self of being but will not see a physical self.

Congratulations, you have now become a sphere of luminance light within the dark universe from which you seek the light universe where you will become as one with your source of mortal empowerment.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Well Incarnated, I see that the "Urantia Book". is very extensive.
So I ask you, can you provide me some links of where I find the pages with the “what happens after death” information?

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I have enveloped myself with books about the Himalayas and some of the philosophies taught by mystics there. Based on that and my own experiences/beliefs. I think you die and are basically a ghost for awhile until you are reincarnated. Through reaching enlightenment you can end this cycle of death and re-birth.

[edit on 19-12-2007 by Weaver]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join