It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens When You Die?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I Have heard so many answers to the question what happens when you die but I want to know what really happens. SO if any of you have died or have a theory or an opinion on the subject please feel free to post I want this to be answered

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PwN3d

If any of us have died?

Hey, if someone shows up that has died before, tell them I want to talk to them.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I don't know for sure, but I'm torn. I think that ghosts exist as energy, but don't possess a 'mind' as we do. Also, I must confess that at 29 I'm already kinda tired, so I dread to think what I'll be like when I'm 79 - should I make it that far.

So, in a nutshell - if some of my energy lives on - great, but I'm sure I'll be knackered and looking forward to an enternity of peace and quiet.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PwN3d
I Have heard so many answers to the question what happens when you die but I want to know what really happens. SO if any of you have died or have a theory or an opinion on the subject please feel free to post I want this to be answered

21 grams is a good explanation for this:

The work of Dr. Duncan MacDougall, who in the early 1900s sought to measure the weight purportedly lost by a human body when the soul departed the body upon death. MacDougall weighed dying patients in an attempt to prove that the soul was material, tangible and thus measurable. These experiments are widely considered to have had little if any scientific merit, and although MacDougall's results varied considerably from 21 grams, for some people this figure has become synonymous with the measure of a soul's mass. [1].

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Someone once asked a master yogi what happens when we die.
"I don't know," he replied.
"You don't know? But you're a master yogi," the questioner said.
"Yes," the scholar replied, "but I'm not a dead master yogi."

That's all I got for ya, PwN3d.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
you go to this place called Elsewhere. its a big society consisting of residents who also have died. well, the society has positives and negatives alike as well as many other intricacies. for instance, lets just say that when you die you are 25 years old. upon arriving in elsewhere you will still be 25, but after your first year there on your birthday, you will be 24. then 23 then 22 and so on. upon your arrival to 0 you will be transported to birth and have no recollection of your life on Elsewhere.

at least according to this book called Elsewhere, written by gabrielle zevin which of course is just a work of fiction. (...or is it?)

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
You then revert back to the light energy which is one with the Universe and beyond. You are looked at and assessed to see if another life would help or if you should be taken to another planet or life form in general. Your light energy signature needs to be very strong to move forward. Only 20% of all energy in this plane is light energy, so you see the odds of you being seen as a higher light being, living true to your original face ready to be elevated into the next higher realm where there is much more light energy to be dispersed? This is a toughie, and no one gets through it until you learn that the light comes from within and must be developed consciously... Not to worry you have all of existence to complete the next level. Thing is with each new dawn the light energy becomes less her and more further away, so best to develop when it is still relatively possible. The less light the more difficult to become one with it.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
You already know what happens OP, but you have forgotten, or are not clear on it. There is no end. That which exists does not die in our way of speaking, it transitions. You will be astounded by what awaits you. You are loved and will be treated in whatever way will allow you to contonue to grow as a soul. This life is a fantastic oportunity to you to work out negative kinks in your soul and learn some of the key universal lessons. Before you came here you were very excited to do that, and hoped that you would be able to.

best to you.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure whatever is left of you just rots. Have you ever passed out cold from a blow to the head or dehydration or fatigue or just drinking too much or a seizure or something like that?

You get kind of light headed and a little hot and if you're lucky you get enough time to say "I feel like I'm going to pass out" then after some time you open your eyes and either feel like you just woke up from the best sleep ever or like you've been smoking pot all day and you're really burnt and you don't remember tumbling down stairs or clocking your head up against a dishwasher or falling though a pane of glass.

Well death is just like that but without the opening your eyes part. You feel a little different and everything goes unconscious and your remains get burned or buried and your wife cries a little then re-marries.

If there is a soul or a conscious afterlife, well that would be just great, but that's beyond the realm of "knowing" or "not knowing."

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

Euww, I fully recall my transition back into a human body and was "SHOCKED!!!" I told myself at the moment of consciousness in my Mothers womb, "I will hurry through to the end as fast as I can!"

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Unless other measures are taken...you putrify and are devoured by insects, bacteria and worms, etc.

Moral - Get cremated.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There are ATS members who have died before, and there are members like myself who have had out of body experiences.

You just leave the physical world and your physical body behind and enter a much larger world. After you're dead, your body is not you anymore, but just a vehicle in which you used to reside.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
In my opinion, you only die once.
What happens beyond the point of resuscitation?
If a person can be revived from 'death' to tell a story of their visit to the netherworld, they were never truly dead in the first place, even if they were called clinically so.
There must be still some activity in the brain undetectable before unrevivable death occurs.
One does not hear the stories of the truly dead, unless they are ghosts.

But what are ghosts?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
i was curious as to what atheists believe happens when you die, and i asked in a thread, so here it is if you want to read it.

Link

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
PwN3d....Check out this site. Lots of interesting stories on NDEs.
www.near-death.com...

"Death is nothing more than a doorway... something you walk through."

[edit on 11-12-2007 by lw2525]

[edit on 11-12-2007 by lw2525]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

if someone shows up that has died before... tell me ..so I know to leave.. Awesome

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I am not sure what happends when you die, but before my granmother died (she fighted cancer for almost 1 year), she told my grandad to gather their sons and daughters. This was done and they all came within 2 hours. 15 minuts after...she passed away.

She somehow knew that she was about to pass away.

I believe in reencarnation.
Whether you are born again or your "energy" is transformed into something else i don't know.
Wether you are consciousness in death or not, I don't know.

But if i look at Nature, I can see that there is a"circle of life", and i don't see why the human race, wouldn't have to follow the same rules as nature.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
You might want to check out two books: Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls by Michael Newton. These go into your questions in such detail that there wont be any more questions and insecurities and go can dedicate your time to other subjects.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Ask ten different people this question and you will get ten different answers. No one can know this answer without a doubt. No matter how firm they are in their beliefs, there is always a possibility they were wrong.

Even those who have had near death experiences provide evidence- not proof. Their experience is unique to them, only they know what they saw, and the rest of us are left to speculate whether or not they are telling the truth or if they assigned a spiritual explanation to something that has a logical scientific explanation. In the end there is no proof, only evidence.

As for me, I believe in an afterlife spent either in Heaven or Hell and the choice of this final destination is left to us. We can either believe Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior or we can reject Him. After weighing the facts and the evidence, this is the conclusion I have come to.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
What happens when you die? Your heart stops beating and you're not able to move physically, that's what...............the end of life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join