It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens When You Die?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I dont believe life can actually 'die' in a sense. Yeah bodies come and go, but life itself, a 'soul' if you will, is something totally different.

This is how I view it.
Life, in a nutshell, is basically consciousness. You can be a fly, a dog, a human, a grey, anything. The act of hacing a conscious is the form of living.
ALTHOUGH
I dont know about plants

But aside from that. I believe alot of the other posters who said reincarnation, for lack of a better word. Talking about going from species to species, to other planets or even realms of excistance.
Heaven, Hell? nonexcistant in my book.
Basic Reincarnation.
to be honest. I love my life, but I cant help but be a tad bit excited to see whats on the other side.
One thing I believe in myself though is that I was a Nazi in my past life.. So who knows what the rest of this life, or even the next will hold for my conscious.

Its a long long road to find the answer.. then when you find out it.. well.. you lose the answer again in a new life haha, it never ends.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by PwN3d

Originally posted by PwN3d
I Have heard so many answers to the question what happens when you die but I want to know what really happens. SO if any of you have died or have a theory or an opinion on the subject please feel free to post I want this to be answered

Well PwN3d, I am still alive I think,
but this is what I once normally would say.
I am 100% convinced and without a single doubt that there is absolute nothing after death, so when you die, it ends there.
But for me personally, that opinion has changed a full 180 degrees, and I tell you why.
Until I was 58 years old, I was fully convinced of what I said in the second line of my answer.
Now I am 61 years old and I am 100% convinced and without a single doubt that we have a soul, and that our body is an temporarily “ full meaty jacket” tool used by this soul with the purpose to lift its spirituality to an higher level.
This is what changed my opinion drastically, and I keep it very short to explain it because the speed of my English typing is like the speed of a snail.
It is a combination of a few things and I place it in order of the most influenced one.

1. The Ufo phenomenon of what I studied for more then 36 years.
2. The Bible, of where I am convinced many stories in it link to the Ufo phenomenon.
3. The out of body experiences of many adult people, but children to.
4. Their must be a purpose we are being here.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
do you want to hear this? if so read on.

1. you die.
2. you exit your body in soul form. you are all white energy.
3. you either go down or up. if you go down you get stuck in the earths core forever and if you manage to get out that's great. if you go up you leave the earth at higher than lightspeeds.
4. After travelling space for about 13 or so hours you reach the end of the universe. A star or hole at the end.
5. you then enter a white place.
6. you are met by two figures with no body, they speak to you mentally.
7. you meet god. he gives you instructions.
8. you go to a room where you are shown your life in a giant gas screen.
9. you meet your new body and are told what to do. you are told what you did wrong and to go back and do the things right the next time. And you promise to do so.
10. you enter the new body and are sent back.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
1. you die.
2. you exit your body in soul form. you are all white energy.
3. you either go down or up. if you go down you get stuck in the earths core forever and if you manage to get out that's great. if you go up you leave the earth at higher than lightspeeds.
4. After travelling space for about 13 or so hours you reach the end of the universe. A star or hole at the end.
5. you then enter a white place.
6. you are met by two figures with no body, they speak to you mentally.
7. you meet god. he gives you instructions.
8. you go to a room where you are shown your life in a giant gas screen.
9. you meet your new body and are told what to do. you are told what you did wrong and to go back and do the things right the next time. And you promise to do so.
10. you enter the new body and are sent back.

Sorry friend, but I´ll have to offer an alternative variation on this. We may agree on the basics, but I see the details differently. So in response to each point:

1. well...body dies, not you. But I think we both mean the same.

2. lets call it energy without ascribing a colour to it. Ive seen other colours.

3. You dont get stuck anywhere forever. The concept of "forever" doesnt exist in the time-altered afterlife space.

4. I couldnt give a time estimate here due to circumstance that time is altered in this space.

5. lets again say "another space of energy" rather than white space, to be more specific.

6. not everyone meets two disembodied figures. This really depends upon your level of development. Young souls meet all kinds of family members while old souls sometimes only meet one figure ("soul guide") or no figure at all.

7. no, you dont meet THE supreme being that represents ALL that is. If anyone you only meet representatives of the supreme being in charge for that specific area. But usually such a meeting isnt even necessary as a council of representatives do their job of assessing your life quite well. Rather than God, you mostly meet your soul guide. If you are a soul guide yourself, you dont meet anyone.

8. For some this might APPEAR as a gas screen, but thats again not an "absolute truth" but dependent on the perceptions and preferences of the individual. Some are shown their life on screens that look just as solid as ours.

9. This is only procedure with very young souls. Normally, you are not "told what to do" but ask what you would like to do and how you asses your life. Going back to earth in a new body is not a command, its a recommendation. You dont HAVE TO reincarnate. And if you do, you dont HAVE TO reinacarnate on earth. You can go elsewhere. Earth is recommend though, as your energy is already acquainted with it and there is much to learn here.

10. IF you decide to go back you are not immediatly going back. First you have a time of vacation and regeneration of the energy body. Oftentimes you spend some time looking at different possible template-life scenarios and choosing some things you`d like to experience and people you´d like to meet which will help you learn the lessons you are going there for.

Finally, if you return, you return with full amnesia in order to be on the game-board without distraction from other-life and other-world memories.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
So we agree on all points. on the screen, it seems to be very large, made up of Gas colors. showing images of your birth and things in life. you watch this for about 2 hours or so. it's like looking at a glass with water on it. or fog.

You don't meet with god face to face, but you know he is there and tells you a few things. Maybe I was the lucky one to have him say a few words. but I think we can safely agree that everyone's final moments can somewhat be different..depending on the situation.

So we agree that it takes about 13 or so hours to get there and 3 or four hours to finish your homework then you are sent back?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
we agree on the general outline.

we disagree on the details. I dont think its this way for EVERYONE. Similar, but not the same. I dont think you can measure time and timing that way for everyone either. And you dont always meet 2 figures either.

But hey...detail disagreements are fine.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
we agree on the general outline.

well that's good.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Okay,

Here is an answer you may not have heard of. In the final split second of your life a cocktail of neurotransmitters - specifically glutamate - flood the brain. In order to defend itself from the excitotoxicity brought about by such a flood a particular section of the brain, the temporal lobes, sets up a defence barrier called NMDA. This barrier also stops oxygen getting into the temporal lobes. This brings about a state called hypoxia - simple oxygen starvation.

One of the known effects of hypoxia is a sensation of floating out of the body, tunnel vision, a feeling that one is not alone and, most importantly, a slowing down of subjective time perception. ( a 'classic Near-Death Experience)

It is this time perception that is crucial. The dying person 'falls out of time' relative to any external observer. They start to exist in a different time scale in which a second may last seventy years. This effect is well recorded by temporal lobe epileptics - a group of individuals who as part of their pre-seizure aura experience all the symptoms of a classic Near-Death Experience.

So in the last split second of your life you fall out of time. This new subjective time (termed 'duree' by French philosopher Henri Bergson) has you go back to the moment of your birth and you exist in a three-dimensional, super-sensurround recreation of your life. This is generated from your life-memories that have been stored in the brain in a process similar to holography. That we record everything we experience is accepted by many neurologists. For proof of this check out the work of Wilder Penfield and Alexander Luria. I term this holographic illusion the Bohmian IMAX. This second life is virtually impossible to tell from the real thing - but for one clue - the phenomenon known as deja vu. Those who experience this phenomenon (approx 75%) are living their lives again. The 25% who don't are laying down the memories from real experience. At the end of that second life it all happens again. This is known as The Eternal Return. This was the basis of the movie Groundhog Day.

However each life run can be different because of the implications of Everett's Many-Worlds Interpretation of quantum physics. But to explain this would need another post.

May I stress that this is just a theory - but it does seem to work for many people from scientists to mediums!

Intrigued? If so check out this new theory - called Cheating The Ferryman at my website. For discussions on the subject check out my Blog. An interview can also be listened to online at Astraea Magazine.

If you wish to contact me directly you can do so at [email protected]

I am also aware that a popular web-based radio show on this site is Ross Hemsworth's Glastonbury Radio. Ross will be interviewing me live at 2300 (UK time) on Friday 11th January 2008. To listen in log on here Glastonbury Radio

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Anyone who says he/she knows what happens after u die is just full of sh*t.
Plain and simple. What happens when you die apart from bilogical end? I've no idea, but I can only hope and theorize about it.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Read the Tibetan Book of the Dead, it was written by a yogi master if i remeber correctly like 700 years ago, its a manual to guide a dying loved one through the "bardo's" or the stages of death, its really interesting and im sure you will find it interesting as well. Just google it, its translated online.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
'___' my friends, best experience of my life, what a hyperdimensional twist on your outlook of life, www.amazon.com...'___'-Molecule-Revolutionary-Near-Death-Experiences/dp/0892819278

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
i seriously have no idea what happens when you die but i can say that i think the egyptians had more truth then is believed when it came to the afterlife, i just have to say that what happens to you after you die is the best kept secret in the world, it is known by a very few people and we shall never know until it happens so i would say everyones explanations are wrong,

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Since no one ever died and came back, you'rer all more and likely wrong, and the most plausible explanation is "nothing"

[edit on 13-12-2007 by DarkSide]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Kinglizard died and came back..

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timewavezer0
'___' my friends, best experience of my life, what a hyperdimensional twist on your outlook of life, www.amazon.com...'___'-Molecule-Revolutionary-Near-Death-Experiences/dp/0892819278

I'm getting this book for X-mas, should be interesting.

Anyway, I believe Astral Projection and NDE's are an indication of what happens at "death". There are many scientists now looking into the concept of something surviving after death, including Pim Van Lommel and William Tiller.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
for all the people who said nothing happens how is that possible? you have lived you havent died we don't know the feeling of death also how can it just it end? Think about it, the life that you had lived and done so many things just stop, it can't work like that. but when i die I and if I get reincarnated I will come back to this website as PwN3d2

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

2. lets call it energy without ascribing a colour to it. Ive seen other colours.

What do you mean by "energy"? It's a vague term. There's lots of energy in your body right now and we can detect it. If we had a soul made of energy shouldn't we be able to detect it too? How does energy form conscious thougts? Memory? Judgement? etc?

7. no, you dont meet THE supreme being that represents ALL that is. If anyone you only meet representatives of the supreme being in charge for that specific area.

That sounds the new-age kind of cheesy. You mean there is a soul administration divided into administrative zones each with a CEO in charge of it's souls? Excuse me but I find that quite hard to believe

10. IF you decide to go back you are not immediatly going back. First you have a time of vacation and regeneration of the energy body. Oftentimes you spend some time looking at different possible template-life scenarios and choosing some things you`d like to experience and people you´d like to meet which will help you learn the lessons you are going there for.

Are you serious? So there's actually people that decide to respawn as a Sudanese person or as a child with down-syndrome?

[edit on 14-12-2007 by DarkSide]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
You perspirate, then you meditate, and then you levitate.

Simple but effecient.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
On June 23, I had a severe heart attack. I was clinically dead, on the Cath lab table. My heart stopped a couple of times that night, but here is what I experienced.
I saw myself in an open area, but I could feel other people but since I didn't have a connection with them, I coudn't "see" them. I could sense them. I was standing there, feeling naked in a sense, but then I saw 2 people approach me. It was my grandparents. I was so so happy to see them. I miss them very much. We started walking. The place was warm.. very comforting, and soothing. It looked like the sun was low in the horizon, and we were walking toward it. It was beautiful. I remember talking or communicating with my Grandmother, as to what's been happening in my life. She knew, but told me of things I needed to change if I choose to come back. I had a choice. I could stay with them, and move on, or come back to life, but she told me I would have to deal with heavy issues, as my life has changed since the Attack. I know I died. I could see the doctors working on me.. actually, I could sense it. I knew they were. I didn't have to come back. I wanted to. I am not ready. It was the most wonderful thing I have experienced. As someone wrote in a response, that we have forgotten what it's like there. I do agree completely with that statement. the doctor told my wife and I that I was clinically dead. I know they used the defibulator on me, cuz i could feel it. It hurt bad. I came back cuz I didnt' want to get another one. LOL. seriously, I could feel it.. He couldn't understand it as I was dead. As he was leaving the lab to tell my wife the news I had passed on, my heart started beating again, and they then did what they could to stablize me. I am alive today, and getting better.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It's clearly defined in "Urantia Book".

If you truly want to know, check that book out for yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join