It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire encounters

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by StopComplaining
I was walking in the dark one night and came across a bus stop with the words "Help Me" on it written in blood. Lots and Lots of blood.

Something dark must have been going on.

Well, it was night, right? So dark kinda seems inevitable.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Although this alien dragon thing sounds interesting, I much preferred kat's and others vampire stories. But, thank you for sharing dragonridergal.

I, myself, have never had a vampire encounter. But, I know it would be enthralling. Even if nothing occured, the mere circumstance would be amazing on so many different levels. I don't doubt anyone's experiences who have posted here as I have found that interpretation of an experience and belief in it is what makes reality for most. however, I do believe in vampires' existence even if I have yet to see physical proof. I want to believe that a lifeform of that nature can exist among us.

I envy those who have had an encounter and although kat would never wish her future lifestyle on anyone, she has got to see why outsiders, such as myself, would openly welcome her situation if they had the chance. This is mostly due to the media representation, i'm sure. I mean, who wouldn't want to be an immortal, attractive creative who has powers and the ability to gain whatever they desire in life? But then again, that type of vampire could very well only exist in fiction, unfortunately.

please, continue to post. This keeps my cubie from killing me with boredom.

mirrorshade, you're great! keep being up front. current society needs that ;-)

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
One thing that people often do in here is say "I would like to be/encounter a vampire"

The problem with this is if you want to encounter someone who may look at you like you're lunch and think that it would be cool? I've got a solution for you. . . go to the zoo and mess around with the lion cage (Don't actually do this).

If you want to be one. . .

Vampires live their lives in fear everyday, they don't know where their next meal is coming from. They have an energy deficiancy that requires them to feed or they will die. Do you realise how easy we have it as humans. Food is in abundance, so much so that we have the option to turn food down that isn't as pleasing as we would like. Vampires will get headaches all the way to death if they do not feed. Coming around a site that vampires may frequent and saying you would like to be one? It shows how obviously uneducated you are about their way of life. Start researching, start reading about what a real vampire has to go through.

If you don't believe the fiction because it's fiction, then how can you say "I would like to be a vampire"

Uhm. . . you don't even know what a vampire is if you don't believe the fiction!

I'm sorry for anyone that is offended by this.

Thanks,

Victoria

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Also,

DragonriderGal, I love all that I can learn and your story is completely different than anything I have ever heard. If you have more to tell I would love to read about it!

Thank you for sharing!

Victoria

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I think I have posted as much as possible explaining my point of view on humans wanting to change into vampires, and I'm sorry I haven't done a good enough job off it.

Although there is alot of "good sides" of being a vampire, Victoria is pretty much right. Most of them live their days in fear, trying to stay as far away from people as possible to protect them, and when they are near, they have to use all self-control to stop themselves from causing an accident. Its no life to want to have. Regret, Guilt, and Reminiscing without control.

Some versions of myths on vampires have corect features, hence some novels and movies having some/alot of reality to them.

I hope what I say will have some sort of impact!
But the chances are anyway that you won't be changed.

Bye

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kitty329

Kitty,

Welcome to the thread
I hope you continue to post. I think you are entitled to your opinion and desire to be a vampire, but I think that you, and a lot of people, want it for all the wrong reasons. Kat has shed some light on many of them, but here's a new one.

I understand the fear of death--believe me!--and how appealing the idea of immortality can be. But immortality is seen as a burden to those who have it. If you just want to be a vampire to live forever, than you will find it dissappointing. Eternity is fun in the beginning, the knowledge that you have freedom to do whatever you want and go wherever you want, but it gets boring after a while, tediously so, after you've done everything you have ever wanted and there's nothing left. It's not worth it unless you have a purpose, something (or someone) that makes endlessness seem less bleak.

I am not saying this from firsthand experience, but I know someone who can. Amazingly, I have become his purpose, and if I ever get what I want, he will be mine. If it weren't for him, then I wouldn't want to be a vampire.

Not that it ever matters what I want anyway, though...

Goodnight everyone

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I agree with you all completely that those of us who haven't had an encounter have no idea what it is really like. There is MUCH I do not know and I don't mind admitting that. I mainly wanted to express how it is easy to see why people think they want to be vampires because of how the media has portrayed them. Just like anything else, if the media relayed more factual information there would be many issues people would have different opinions on. None of you have offended me in any way. I do stand by my opinion though that it would be amazing to encounter one (granted they chose not to kill me of course) which all might not as could be in the case with kat's kind, because they are so different and I enjoy learning about all kinds of things. Please do not find me naive and I am not uneducated. Have no worries, I will not continually post on here how cool it would be to be a real vampire, as opposed to a media vampire, as I honestly have no idea and several of you are much more knowledgable than I on the subject. Just wanted to share is all like all the rest. Thank you for the feedback.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Forgot to add: Kat, you have done an excellent job at relaying your wish that no one have your future (as I sated in my first post) For a 14 year old, you are very articulate. So, there is no need to explain it to me again. I respect your stance on this and commend you for continually expressing your story and shedding some light for the rest of us.

Tortria, you saying that if I don't believe the fiction, then I don't believe in real vampires is absurd. If all fiction were real, then it wouldn't be fiction now would it? Media can't get every story correct,even biographies. Individuals relay their stories differently than they ocurred either due to grandiose interpretations or underestimation. I even stated that all fiction is rooted in fact in my fist post. Perhaps you didn't read it fully? I may not believe all fiction on vampires, but I do believe vampires exist. Not having an encounter as many of you have, it is hard for me to determine which fiction might actually be fact since I have no encounter to compare it to.

Crimson, thank you for the welcome. Maybe one day your vampire will share his gift with you, if you so desire. But, until then enjoy what companionship he is offering. Many will never have a relationship of your type and that is quite an experience to carry. I wish you well!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I do understand, kitty. I realize this is the vampire thread and do apologize for explaining dragon stuff here. My intention was to explain to shade that I do get a lot of information but that my dragonrider memories are my own, not something that I've gotten from the racial unconscious. If I didn't put in a bit of detail (ok, maybe a bit more than a 'bit' *lol*) it would seem a lot less like a memory, versus something I made up. Really, I am not this imaginative unfortunately.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimson616

Kitty,

Welcome to the thread
I hope you continue to post. I think you are entitled to your opinion and desire to be a vampire, but I think that you, and a lot of people, want it for all the wrong reasons. Kat has shed some light on many of them, but here's a new one.

I understand the fear of death--believe me!--and how appealing the idea of immortality can be. But immortality is seen as a burden to those who have it. If you just want to be a vampire to live forever, than you will find it dissappointing. Eternity is fun in the beginning, the knowledge that you have freedom to do whatever you want and go wherever you want, but it gets boring after a while, tediously so, after you've done everything you have ever wanted and there's nothing left. It's not worth it unless you have a purpose, something (or someone) that makes endlessness seem less bleak.

I am not saying this from firsthand experience, but I know someone who can. Amazingly, I have become his purpose, and if I ever get what I want, he will be mine. If it weren't for him, then I wouldn't want to be a vampire.

Not that it ever matters what I want anyway, though...

Goodnight everyone

No way, I for sure don't want to be one. Being immortally hungry sounds like a total bummer!
And immortality isn't that uncommon among the various more powerful aliens, but I think yes, it would be very lonely and boring after a while, especially if all those you cared about kept dying on you, eh?

I know the dragons are pretty much immortal and that is part of the reason they had to keep revitalizing their ranks with dragonrider spirits that had become sentient enough to be a dragon. The older dragons are so old, and bored and sick of living, they stop reincarnating even.

But if what you imply is true, unless you really think love will conquer all, your path could be rather ill-advised. What if you end up hating each other? Now you are stuck being immortal with a lot of quite unpleasant habits and have an eternal enemy to boot. It would be like having a bad fall-out after having a office romance, but where you can't quit or change jobs.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by DragonriderGal]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
NIGHTDWELLER,

Will you be returning to the thread?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tortria
Also,

DragonriderGal, I love all that I can learn and your story is completely different than anything I have ever heard. If you have more to tell I would love to read about it!

Thank you for sharing!

Victoria

Thanks Victoria.

Yah it is different, and shouldn't be, I think. I am pretty much getting stuff right out of the racial/collective unconscious.

I do know the NWO bunch doesn't even want us to know the true history because it is based on a 'spirit' reason; the greys storing their little spirits in human bodies to keep them working, until they could figure out how to get them back into grey bodies again. Now that is an awareness that would shoot a hole in ALL their various spun 'religions', with it's carrot of heaven and stick of hell to keep we humans under their control out of fear what happens to use when we die.

So that may have started the whole deception of the hows and whys of humanity's history. Maybe I should do a thread of my own to discuss that sort of thing.
I know here isn't the right place, and I appreciate people's patience with it.

I just had to share what I see out there though, about vampires being, at the heart of it all, an 'infection' which really is too big for one human body. It appears that the greys had a hand adapting the virus to survive in a human body, but the hunger isn't anything they could 'adapt' out. I think the vampire sentience requires a certain number of virus to support it, and that just takes more nutrients than any one body can produce.

But in saying that, it kinda ended up dragging the rest of the dragon stuff into the thread. Again though, sorry for that!

[edit on 13-6-2009 by DragonriderGal]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Wow, I can't believe that I actually made it through 33 pages without taking a break once! I've always been fascinated by the myths and legends surrounding vampires, and it's intriguing to say the least that there may be some truth behind all of the stories.

A big THANK YOU to all who have posted here, as you have re-awakened my interest in vampires and occultism in general.
I can't really add anything to the discussion, as I have never personally encountered anyone whom I would consider a Vampire, or even a possible Vampire at that.

And if there are any vampires here who would like a new friend, U2U me

I'm absolutely serious, i've always wanted to be a vampire :p

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
I'm absolutely serious, i've always wanted to be a vampire :p

*breathes in* *breathes out*
Seeing as you have read all the pages and have read my many many attempts at trying to discourage this approach on vampirism, I won't repeat myself.
Good luck!

Bye

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonriderGal

DragonriderGal,

Trust me. That could never, EVER happen! I know that I could never not be completely in love with him. I know everything about him, all of his charms and all of his faults, and I find even his faults to be amazingly endearing. And we have already been through so much # together. I do sometimes expect him to hate me for what I've put him through (however unintentionally), but he doesn't. He's still here, still adoring me even though I don't deserve for him to. If he was ever going to hate me, he would have started by now.

His patience and forgiveness is nothing short of a miracle, and I owe him everything for that.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimson616
reply to post by DragonriderGal

DragonriderGal,

Trust me. That could never, EVER happen! I know that I could never not be completely in love with him. I know everything about him, all of his charms and all of his faults, and I find even his faults to be amazingly endearing. And we have already been through so much # together. I do sometimes expect him to hate me for what I've put him through (however unintentionally), but he doesn't. He's still here, still adoring me even though I don't deserve for him to. If he was ever going to hate me, he would have started by now.

His patience and forgiveness is nothing short of a miracle, and I owe him everything for that.

That is good to know, crimson.
At 53, I just know how love can seem a forever thing going in, but having watched it crash and burn over the years for so many people, myself included, I didn't think a bit of a warning was too out of hand. If it fails, it could be realllly bad for you for a really long time. So, it is good that you have thought of these things and believe he and you are going to last forever, literally.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by DragonriderGal]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Anyone know what happened to nightdweller?? Its like she just fell off the thread.....

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I don't know about NIGHTDWELLER but I appreciated her input and hopes she returns.

Anyone else out there have an interesting encounter to share?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

But as I said, believe as you like. Probably sarcasm is the main way you deal with the disappointment in your own life that it is so ordinary. *shrug* If not, why hang around here where you learn about others who aren't just the typical boring NWO spun brain dead zombie??

Question:

do you think I'm bored enough to resort to sarcasm? Cynicism all the way mylady
that's a joke by the way

Yes my life is very ordinary, I'm just a guy, why do you feel threatened?

do you not believe that I am willing to listen to peoples stories (having seen a couple of things myself I'm not someone who will disbelieve something when it sounds quite wild - but yes i will keep asking for details)

let me repeat that: people who claim to be this/that will be asked by yours truly for proof

on a side note NWO??

do you fear the NWO?

Cause as far as I'm concerned there's no such thing.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirrorshade

How on earth do you figure Mirrorshade has anything to do with the so called "NWO"?

Was that just a random comment?

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Kat987]

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join