It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire encounters

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kitty329
WOW! I would definitely count that as an encounter. How terrified you must have been. (I would have been too). How close were to the vampire before you took off? Did he see you? I don't have any firsthand experience but I would assume if you were close enough he would have sensed you. I wonder why he did not approach you? Maybe because he already had a meal and so wasn't concerned with you? I've heard that Romania is the place to go if one is searching. Perhaps I'll get up the courage, ready my last will and testament just in case and make the trip one day....

Great addition to the thread and glad you made outta there alive!

I'm not really sure, like I said, I'm still not entirely sure what I saw, could've just been a murder or something, but my friend wasn't bothered by it...so I'm very strongly leaning towards Vampire, he said "he was just feeding, it's the same as us getting a burger at McDonald's".

If it WAS a Vampire, then yes, most likely he was content with his meal and didn't feel the need to chase me down, I'm grateful for that, better some other guy than me. In my opinion, it's not worth it to track these things down unless you're going to kill them, because our whole 'ignore the creepy things' system seems to work and not have us in a human-Vampire war (yet). If you're intent on someday tracking one down...take a rocket launcher, some holy water, and a priest, cos someone's gonna have to bury you.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
FifteenThrump:

If you wouldn't mind could you maybe give your friend (that's interested in cryptzoology) my e-mail address?

I would like to take trips to study vampires and would love to speak to him about his findings as well as any tips. . .

Thank you,

Victoria

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Fifteenthtrump

I fully got your name wrong!

Sorry 'bout that,

Victoria

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
For "True Vampires" to exist (i.e. the ones who drink blood and only blood) the amount of blood needed to sustain the creature would lead to so much build-up of iron in the bloodstream, that a fall of 5 feet would subsequently crush the creature to a pulp... so (not to bash or anything but...) the "True Vampires" can't really exist

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirrorshade

Originally posted by DragonriderGal
'Ah yah, since obviously you don't have a masters degree. Out gunned? '

Actually, officer in the army = University education , so outgunned, no not so much. (pun unintentional)

'Part of the task of denying ignorance here then is being wise for yourself, not slam dunking those with whom you disagree.'

Maybe you should start practising what you preach, eh?

Shade

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Mirrorshade]

Ohh.. snappy response, and sooooooo thorough. Such limited and selective quoting, eh? Do you work for the media??? It's a gift!

Army eh? I personally am not sure which branch I served in that I am more proud of, the Marines, or the Air Force. But I would never admit that I served in the army if I had made such a foolish choice!

I got my degrees after that though, but I doubt a university education is much beyond a BA level if that, eh?

And slam dunking, nah. If I don't agree; I explain why and if they want to believe as they do anyway, hey, they can do so as they wish. I just know what I know and my intention is to allow others a chance to see another far less glamorous probability versus the typical spun 'fairytale' version of stuff, vampires included.

I bet if you got a vampire to be honest (and they aren't going to be with you, Kat, cuz really, how would you feel if you knew your favorite people were actually just a highly contagious virus?), they do know that they are attached to a virus which they can infect other humans with. I don't know if they would remember the greys helping them modify that virus, but probably. If I saw some other origins, I would of course say that instead. But I don't. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by fifteenthtrump

I'm not really sure, like I said, I'm still not entirely sure what I saw, could've just been a murder or something, but my friend wasn't bothered by it...so I'm very strongly leaning towards Vampire, he said "he was just feeding, it's the same as us getting a burger at McDonald's".

If it WAS a Vampire, then yes, most likely he was content with his meal and didn't feel the need to chase me down, I'm grateful for that, better some other guy than me. In my opinion, it's not worth it to track these things down unless you're going to kill them, because our whole 'ignore the creepy things' system seems to work and not have us in a human-Vampire war (yet). If you're intent on someday tracking one down...take a rocket launcher, some holy water, and a priest, cos someone's gonna have to bury you.

I would recommend silver, myself. It is apparently quite the antiviral as well as antibiotic. And something as severe as a rocket launcher (if you could hit them) would probably do the trick because the huge amount of damage that kind of weaponry does. I suspect they would be hard pressed to heal themselves fast enough with all those parts of themselves strewn about.

And don't forget the garlic. It keeps mosquitos and fleas from sucking your blood, so probably it would ruin the taste and be a biohazard with it's antibacterial nature to a vampire. Not that they still wouldn't go ahead and just kill you, but at least they probably wouldn't try to infect you to use your body as a new host.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Army eh? I personally am not sure which branch I served in that I am more proud of, the Marines, or the Air Force. But I would never admit that I served in the army if I had made such a foolish choice!

I got my degrees after that though, but I doubt a university education is much beyond a BA level if that, eh?

I'm not an american so the distinction between army and marines does not apply. Also, why are you so intent on trying to convince yourself that I must be inferior in some way? I cannot have a masters degree, you were a better soldier, therefore you must be better at life (or at posting on a site)?

Here's what I think, you were never in any army be it marines or air force, you cannot handle any criticism, you wouldn't last a week.

Originally posted by DragonriderGalI bet if you got a vampire to be honest (and they aren't going to be with you, Kat, cuz really, how would you feel if you knew your favorite people were actually etc etc..

I am not Kat, the name is

Shade

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParaZep
For "True Vampires" to exist (i.e. the ones who drink blood and only blood) the amount of blood needed to sustain the creature would lead to so much build-up of iron in the bloodstream, that a fall of 5 feet would subsequently crush the creature to a pulp... so (not to bash or anything but...) the "True Vampires" can't really exist

"True Vampires" Are not just human beings that drink blood. They do not have the same nutritional needs which a human being does, hence the "drinking blood" thing they have going, it's not a fashion statement. You're thinking of a vampire as a human... Some people just don't want to believe that vampires exist, and thats okay.

Moving on, you two have gotten yourselves into a little bit of an argument...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kat987

Originally posted by ParaZep

"True Vampires" Are not just human beings that drink blood. They do not have the same nutritional needs which a human being does, hence the "drinking blood" thing they have going, it's not a fashion statement. You're thinking of a vampire as a human... Some people just don't want to believe that vampires exist, and thats okay.

Moving on, you two have gotten yourselves into a little bit of an argument...

You're right, people tend to think of Vampires having an identical biology to humans, I doubt they would, they probably have an organ or something that can digest certain things, if they exist that is.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Something for all to think about. . .

I was reading a book called "The Weird 100" by Stephen Spignesi the other day and it had some really interesting subjects. Basically, Spignesi goes through a list of common subjects that can/cannot be possible and that have believers as well as skeptics.

It does have vampires in it with two ratings (given to all the subjects covered)
- Quality of existing evidence: Poor -
- Likelihood phenomena are paranormal: Low -

This was a sad rating and really difused me but there could be a silver lining. I went back to the beginning and started flipping through the book for subjects that had high ratings to see if there was anything I hadn't heard of. Guess what popped up!

"Remote Viewing"

Definition: Remote viewing is a form of psychoenergetic perception; it is the ability to percieve people, objects, places, or events at a location removed from the "viewer" by space and/or time.

This does not sound like a vampire encounter and I beg you to not delete this because it could lead to a vampire encounter if tried!

Basically, remote viewing is based on the principle that everything is connected and accessible in our subconcious mind. Using that knowledge you can put yourself in a kind of meditative state to access the "database" that we are all connected to. The government started using this about 20 years ago and it is not secret, in fact they have a website so you can attend their college to learn it. They began using it for spying and the like.

Stay with me. . .

What if we tried to concentrate on the subject of a vampire to see what pops up!

Even if it is removed from this time and is something in the past that we can access from our "library" at least we could better understand the reason for all the vampire hype today!

You can try this for yourself on a website if you search in google. That is exactly what the author of the book did. His results from his own testing were

- Quality of existing evidence: Excellent -
- Likelihood phenomenon is paranormal: Very high -

Thanks for reading, reply with what you think please!

Victoria

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Tortria

I am confused... I don't get it. I don't get what you mean.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
i am a vampire do you believe me??????????????

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by boswickmcfiggins
i am a vampire do you believe me??????????????

After so many question marks, i doubt it.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Kat-

I'll give you a link. . .

www.greaterreality.com...

You can go to that and take a test to try it yourself. It's really quite interesting!

Thanks,

Victoria

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Tortria

I read it and I think it sounds silly

I don't believe in it, but I guess anything is possible.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I was just reading on the v5 (vee five) strain. quite compelling stuff. kat, perhaps this explains your 'family' and their characteristics? it sounds very similar to your story of not attaining abilities and thirst until adolescence and beyond. does it sound familiar to you? I also found hemophagia intersting. it explains much of the vampire characteristics except those infected typically die within 10 years, so that nixes the immortality theory. check it out!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kitty329

I googled it, but I haven't come across anything.

Byee

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Hey Kat,

I'm not sure how reliable these sources are but the information got me thinking, nonetheless. Here are the links to the sites I read from. Maybe from this you can find more info and create your own opinion on these possible scientific facts and theories.

V5- 'vampire' virus
vampirewebsite.net

hemophagia- an actual disease
althistory.wikia.com/wiki/hemophagia

Let me know what you think!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kitty329

I ruled the possibility out after reading that the sufferer will only live for ten more years, which is certainly not the case here. Mostly things fit, but it is not to the extent of who and what they are. It's much less minor.

So, I don't believe that that is the the reason for US.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join