It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire encounters

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Akane

Historically, theoretically and mythologically speaking: This information came from the website listed below.
origins of vampires cut & pasted from vampires.monstrous.com

Mythology:
The first Vampire was Lilith, also the first wife of Adam that she eventually left for Lucifer. In short, the bone of the quarrel was that Lilith would prefer to stand over Adam but God wanted the man to rule. Lilith is also the Queen of Death and Demons. She was and is still adored in almost all religions by magicians, sorceress and witches.

The Hormone Theory: According to this theory, the vampire is the next step of human evolution. A genetic complex present inside our body but usually dormant get activated by a hormone brought in from an external source. The hormone transforms the victim's physical form and the new vampire will be able to inject the hormone into another victim.

The Fallen Angels Theory: This theory inspired from the Books of Enoch claims that vampires are the offspring of the union between the Watchers (Fallen Angels) and humans. When the Children of the Watchers had consumed all of the food available, they turned to mankind and began to eat their flesh and drink their blood. In another adjunct, vampires are the offspring of the daughters of Eve (female humans) and the Angel of Death sent by God on Earth. Vampires have the mission to control and thwart the demonic offspring of the fallen angels.

The Nanobot Theory: Nanobots, created either by renegade scientists or a race of reptilians, were introduced into a handful of human bodies in order to repair damaged cells. These nanobots performed so well that they rendered their hosts immortal. However, the Nanobots themselves are not immortal and must self-replicate by utilizing the iron atoms from the hemoglobin in the host's red blood cells. The result of this nanoreplication process is the constant need for sufficient supplies of blood. Unable to keep up with the demand, the host has no choice but to seek out blood from others. If the colony of Nanobots exceeds the host's ability to supply sufficient RBCs, some nanobots may migrate into another host, usually the next victim of the primary host's bite.

The Atlantis Theory:The Atlantans, in their quest to prolong life, have conducted biological and genetic experiments which end result was a new human that could live for centuries but had to drink the blood of humans in order to survive. Vampires have escaped the Great Flood as the Atlantans, not satisfied with the results, had buried them in an underground crypt.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by Egyptia]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I'm not trying to be smart, I really want to know... What do you think is false about what I have written, if anything (I'm sure theres a lot). I don't mind you saying it to everyone.

Bye

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The last two are interesting theories.

Edit: I mean the two BEFORE the last two

[edit on 4-6-2009 by Kat987]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
There is no such thing as vampires, the closest you get is emo kids who drink a bit of blood. Seriously, no evidence exists or has ever existed that vampires are anything more than myth.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Kat987

I've just spent the last few minutes reading your story; I've read the entire thing. While you do have an obvious talent for writing (and this I applaud, as I myself am a writer of sorts), most of the traits you have detailed, I'm afraid to say, are inaccurate. I won't say incorrect because frankly, several of the things you've detailed are aspects of vampirism which are presently unknown to me. However, regarding turning, bloodlines, allergies, and abilities, I'm sorry to say that I found your version lacking. I hope I don't offend you, but you asked; I would have remained silent if you hadn't done so.
It was a good story, but I'm afraid to say that it is only a story. Perhaps if you get it published some day I'll wind up owning a copy. And clearly at least a few people believe you; the key to being a good writer is the ability to blur the lines between fact and fiction, you know. Its why we all remember Lovecraft, and why the legends we hold in our hearts have never vanished.
Have a good evening, and good luck with the writing.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I'm not a writer. I mean, I'm good at English, but I have lived it.

I have experienced firsthand that there are many different types of vampires with entirely different characteristics, is that out of your criteria, too?

PS: I'm not interested in getting it published. That would be very stupid (if it was just that- a story) to have posted it here and then got it published. Just a little bit fishy and I and my family wouldn't be safe.

Edit: Thanks for taking time to read my story. Even if you didn't think about it for long and have it entirely wrong.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by Kat987]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I acknowledge that it is possible that the variety with which I'm familiar is different, however, I must impress upon you the fact that your account is so unmistakably different that I must question the validity of your claim; were I to accept that you are a vampire, and that the traits you have listed are indeed true, I would hesitate to count you as a vampire at all.
The differences are simplly too great to ignore. You've listed entirely different habits, societal archetypes, physiology, and methods from what I know actually exists. Namely, your "kind" seems to have a pulse, which stands as the largest difference.
I may be entirely wrong here, I admit. You may be one of a race of creatures the likes of which I've never heard. The kind of vampire of which I'm aware could be very, very different from your kind. I'm afraid, though, at the end of the day I am forced to doubt.
Consider my position; allow me to provide a metaphorical example. Let us suppose that dogs were a myth, and people had spent centuries telling stories of dogs and attempting to prove their existence. Let us then suppose that I found a Great Dane, and you found a Chihuahua; for our own reasons, I cannot show you my Great Dane, nor can you show me your Chihuahua. Were we to do as we are doing, discussing them online, would we be able to accurately describe them to each other? Our dogs would be so different that we would scarcely recognize them as the same species, correct?
This is the scale of difference between your version of the vampire and the creature of which I know. They may in fact both be vampire, but it is difficult for me to believe; is this an adequate way to explain myself without being offensive?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Yeah
That is fine. As long as I know Mother, William and my bf exist, which you seem to think they don't, then I believe I'm perfectly sane and I am happy. Forever.

PS: What pulse?

Have a good afternoon.

Bubye.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
As I said, I'm sorry that I don't believe you. You seem like a nice person, and I hate disagreeing with nice people. I do know that there is more out there than ever meets the eye, trust me on that one. I hope that I'm wrong about you; perhaps one day my opinion will change.
At any rate, I think this is one of those cases where we'll have to agree to disagree, yes?
That being said, I have procrastinated long enough; vampires aren't the only things which are busiest at night. I've only a few hours left, too; I hate the short summer nights.

Enjoy the remainder of your night.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
As I said before, it doesn't matter to me if someone believes me or not, it's just sometimes the reasoning behind their belief that annoys me sometimes.
I don't EXPECT people to believe me over the internet. Before any of this happened, I would never believe anyone that posted anything like this on the internet. I can't expect you to understand, either, because you don't know what me and my family+ are going through.

PS: Lucky you. It's Winter here. I love Summer.

Bye.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Hi Kat987 i want you to know that i believe in you and thank u for sharing your life with us. I would like to be ur msn friend if that is ok with u. Here it is in case u decide to add me. Thanks and take care =)

[email protected]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Malfeitor

Next time you have a rendezvouz with a vampire in Spring, let me know. We can take them shopping.

I enjoy reading the posts on here. Please keep them coming. I'm not knocking anyone; however, I am amused with all of the "immortal" teenagers. The only exception I've seen to that story happens to be you, Kat.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kat987
I'm not trying to be smart, I really want to know... What do you think is false about what I have written, if anything (I'm sure theres a lot). I don't mind you saying it to everyone.

Bye

Kat, I don't think anything you've written is true.

Don't get me wrong this is not an attack on you for not giving any evidence.

You won't/can't fair enough, I can accept that

What's got me puzzled is why you want to know 'what we think is false'. You will not prove anything anyway, so why should we bother pointing things out? Even more interesting: why would that even matter to you?

Unless you're just having fun, obviously, in which case I'd have to say:well done, you've shown great dedication to this little scam

Shade

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malfeitor
The only proof I require of somebody's "vampirism" is simple; I require evidence by way of knowledge.
I ask those of you who claim to be a vampire to tell me (in u2u, if you prefer a less open medium) what it is which defines you as a vampire; tell me how and why you feed, what your strengths are, and what your weaknesses are.

ok.

I ask of you, someone who claims to know vampires, the same thing.

seems fair, right?

grtz,

Shade

[edit on 4-6-2009 by Mirrorshade]

[edit on 4-6-2009 by Mirrorshade]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cheshire cat

Indeed; I hear they have a gothic shop in Old Town Spring now, which amuses me greatly.

And to Shade, regarding what I believe I know, I think I'll keep it to myself. It is nothing personal, and I'm not being quiet because I was lying; I simply can't prove anything which I know, and acknowledge that I could have been misled. I don't want to be among those who spread half-truths.
Honestly, my experiences and "knowledge" are no better than that of the next person you find around here; even I'm not 100% certain I saw what I saw.

However, if you still wish to know, I'll post it on here. I don't want to simply because I would look like an idiot, but I will.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by Akane

That's funny. I don't really know how it came up either.

To me, in my mind what is true is what is accepted.

Not in my mind, but you do have a point. Reality is a shared illusion, and is only defined by mutual acceptance. For myself, truth is not synonymous with reality. Facts are always facts, but there place in defining truth and reality can be skewed.

This may be a dangerous road for one to follow too far, considering that sanity is also a relative concept.

Yah, those relatives can definitely be implicated in sanity or the lack thereof!

[edit on 4-6-2009 by DragonriderGal]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I haven't encountered an actual 'in the flesh' vampire but I have encountered a fellow who used to be a vampire.

One of my more psychic abilities is to see past lives, and even back to spirit origins. Anyway, this fellow died as a vampire in the mid 1800's in england, and finally became human, instead of just being an energy being riding in a human body. He isn't particularly thrilled by it, for sure.

What I saw when I followed his energy path back thru time was that he came here riding, as a mostly pure energy being, in a whale, kind of as a second 'brain'. The whale was big, really big and really appreciated that help. He also kept the whale company; in return the whale fed him via it's blood. It was a very mutually beneficial symbiotic relationship, all in all. There was a lot of caring for each other.

Then humanity got into it's whaling phase and caused the vampire's whales to go extinct. In retaliation, the vampire beings swore to get revenge, and they made the jump over into humanity, and have been trying to wreck their revenge ever since.

What I see a 'vampire' actually is though, is a viral infection that is attached to a sentient energy being. The infection is spread thru blood to saliva/blood contact and allows the spirit to move into the new body and anchor itself on the virus there. They need more nutrients than just one human body can provide though, so that is why they drink other's blood, even as they lived on the blood of the whale, which was large enough to provide what they needed.

If they just bite you, and drink all the blood, it kills you. If they want to infect you to make a transfer from the body they are in now to yours, it is a fairly long bite that allows a lot of virus to move across. If they want to turn *you* into a vampire, they do the little bite thing to get you infected enough (and mutated enough) that the virus can attach itself to your spirit energy without killing you; in essence reproducing.

I think when they were with the whales, they didn't transfer; they just infected the babies so each one of them had a energy rider too.

It also explains why silver bullets and what not keep the vampires away. If you have ever used colloidal silver, you know how effective it is against nearly all pathogens; virus and bacteria included.

Anyway that is what I see both from my observation of this fellow and his spirit history and in the racial/collective unconscious concerning vampires.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by DragonriderGal]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kat987
Even though you don't believe, that was funny and made me laugh (the whisky sour thing)

As I have said before, if you hadn't noticed; Twilight's characters are really based on the myth. A lot of characteristics are the same. And Mythology is sometimes right, to some extent.

And about my IP Address; I have a program which changes it (not REALLY, but visibly) when accessed by others. And I have done research, and it isn't possible for a person to be tracked to their door via an IP address anyway. You can come up with an country, and maybe a state... But you have to go from there, unless you are some sort of detective.

(Yeah, I researched that a lot before I decided to stay on the site)

What I have seen in the racial/collective unconscious (after doing a shaman journey where the old indian fellow on the higher plane said 'ask and we will answer') is that mythology is we humans way of remembering things from the time when we didn't have written history, or of things that can't or won't be allowed to be written down. So I am quite sure there are many things and beings that were in fact real but prior to our written history, so they ended up myths. I know for example unicorns are real.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Malfeitor - I would definately like to hear your story! Do not worry, I have had an experience with a vamp that I find very disturbing. If you tell yours, I'll tell mine!

Dragon - What you have said is very odd but it doesn't mean it isn't true. This puzzle is far too big for one person to have all the pieces, I thank you.

Kat987 - I don't know who you are, I have no idea if you are being
truthful but I understand that I cannot push your hand. You are the master of your life and although I would love if you trusted at least one of us, life is never certain.

Shade - You are very persistent.
Keep on doin' what you do.

Thanks,

Victoria

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bella.

2) think to a few years back, when scientists said that absolutely nothing could live to a certain point in the ocean as the pressure at the bottom was so strong anything that went down there would inevitably ... die? well years later they found a whole new species! aquatic creatures that we would never of dreamed of. and that shows that people get it wrong, it shows that scientist can be wrong sometimes... dead wrong.

Just a quick note to non-believers here. BEFORE you decide to 'believe' if 'scientists' are right or wrong, find out who is paying them to do the 'research'. Right there you will probably find out what they are really trying to 'prove'. Happens all the time in 'medical' research. While the stakes aren't as high, money wise, I would guess the out comes are still heavily influenced by what the researchers are being paid to find out in this kind of subject matter as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join