It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire encounters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I never claimed them to be the same, but sometimes to people what they belive is the truth. Because after all how can there be truth when no one believes?

And I disagree I think belief is a prerequisite to truth. If you belive something only then can you go forward and prove it to be true.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by krill

Hmm, hypnotic powers? thats odd I have never heard of this happening in a "genuine encounter"

And this is the first time I can not come up with anything to discredit this story. You claim to be straight, and yet you are attracted to this male and you were fully willing to accompany him to his apartment. And unless you are Bi sexual there is no explanation.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Akane

yup completly straight never been attracted to another male anytime but that and even then it wasent a physical attraction it was more emotional or mental. now its completly possible that he wasent a vampire maybe he was a psychic or something. all i know for sure is that if my best friend hadent taken me to the side and said" this is a bad idea i wont go with you and you shouldent even consider going" and i thought about it for a while and declined. but the simple fact that i had to seriously think about it is what made it so strange to me.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hello my freind. so you want to know about vampires eh? Well i will tell you as much as i can. my coven does not like it when i reveal to much information to the human public. we like are secrecy.

First of all the original spelling is VAMPYRE with a Y.
Two: vampyres originate back in the 15th century england.
three: for a good look at "mostly" true facts about vampyres, read stephanie meyers trilogy. she has alot of good facs. my coven is wondering if she knows to much. but she is ok. we like her books (lol)

so if you want to know more simply post a reply. i will be glad to help you.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mythLUVER

I know that Vampyre is the original spelling, but it is rarely used so to evade any questions I used the common term. But I am curious is vampyre the preferred term among your kind?

And I have begun to read her books...they are very interesting, some of the information had me wondering but I figured it was the work of allot of research and imagination. But for you to tell me that some of these are facts intrigues me, haha I have to ask do you glimmer in the sun?

And I wouldn't worry about her knowing to much...she is a fiction writer, her information was likely imagined of found in a fairly public place. Either way she probably does not belive in the existence of vampyres.

And I would like to know more, I would like to know everything.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Akane

Something can be true wether you believe it or not. Reality is defined by what is commonly accepted as fact among people. Therefore, it was once reality that the Earth was flat. This does not make it true however. You see?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mythLUVER

First of all the original spelling is VAMPYRE with a Y. Two: vampyres originate back in the 15th century england.

The word "vampire" first emerged in the English language sometime around 1725. It was derived from the earlier German word "Vampir" which was also sometimes alternately spelled "Wampir" in parts of Europe. "Vampir" actually originated from the Serbo-Croation "vàmpīr," which had again been derived from the earlier "upir" in the Czech language, "upior" in Polish, and that two Old Russian words "upyrĭ, upirĭ."

An even older Slavic term was ""vblk'b dlaka", meaning "wolf-pelt wearer."
The myth of the vampire and the werewolf intertwine at times in early Eastern European history. The word "vrukolakas" is derived from this, and is another word for vampire.

Vampires originated well before the 15th century and far from England.

An earlier account comes from the tale of a freeman who lived in the time of Roman Emporer Hadrian who reigned from 117 to 138 A.D. This is one of the earlier accounts known to European history, but vampiric tales originate in the beginnings of ancient civilization.

Also a side note, the island of Santorini was once known to be a nest of "Vrykolakas."

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Atually there are vampire myths in almost every culture. I think the oldest is actually an ancient chinese myth. Quite a bit older than 15th century England.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by krill

Well that most certainly is an interesting story, and you are indeed quite lucky your friend was there. That man may have wanted a bite, so to speak. I only wish I could offer some explanation, although I doubt very much his appeal had anything to do with being psychic...I mean to have that strength of mind control is pretty rare.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I suppose you are correct in a sense, I cannot even remember what brought us on to this topic. But still I can not leave it as is, and I do not say this to be argumentive. Yes something can be true and not accepted however how can it be true when no one believes this to be so? at the time when the world was known to be flat that was true because it was accepted until this was disproved. To me, in my mind what is true is what is accepted.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SoLaR513

really? of all the places china never came to mind.
do you know the name of this myth? I really would like to read up on it.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by UnforgiveableSin

Wow, I need to try this some time...if only I had a horse. And I herd a story similar to this, it was a while ago so the details are vague so bear with me. Basically in a small village back in the 1600's(I think but I haven't a mind for dates) a person fell ill for some reason and soon died. But the night after they were seen walking around in the village, and on that night another villager vanished. So the villagers dug up the grave of this person, there was blood on their lips and their eyes opened. So naturally the villagers killed him/her.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I’m guessing Vampires are either aliens or just mythical creations, made up stories etc…

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

No, they are real and deffinately not Alien's. But they are not the same ones you read about in works of fiction....

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Akane

That's funny. I don't really know how it came up either.

To me, in my mind what is true is what is accepted.

Not in my mind, but you do have a point. Reality is a shared illusion, and is only defined by mutual acceptance. For myself, truth is not synonymous with reality. Facts are always facts, but there place in defining truth and reality can be skewed.

This may be a dangerous road for one to follow too far, considering that sanity is also a relative concept.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Akane

I cant remember what it was called but I first saw it in a documentary on the history channel and then I briefly searched around and read on it. I would try searching the history channel. The show was all about ancient vampire myths.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Akane

HISTORY OF VAMPIRISM
This article mentions the ancient chinese legend. The show on the history channel named it and was more indepth. I believe the chinese vampire are called Jiang Shi or Pinyin.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by SoLaR513]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I remember reading once in an old, now out of print magazine about the Paranormal (in the UK) about the Sean Manchester case and within the page was a picture that Sean or the other guy who's name escapes me right at the moment had taken during the stakeout. This picture like the one of the ghost monk in the church (another famous photo, of a ghost this time tho, most people have probably seen it, its the one with a weird mask by an altar) SCARED THE * out of me. I rarely feel unpleasant from photos, except of sharks since they're my pet fear, but those two photos I cannot look at to this day.

It was of an extremely tall man, exactly as Manchester described in older Victorian dress peering around a grave, and it just looked menacing and unworldly, it almost seeped evil. I don't know if it was merely a mockup photo, but it was supposedly taken by Manchester (who I asked for a copy many years ago and he said he no longer discusses the case in general and wont generally give out copies, but I could maybe get a copy of the book but he couldn't remember if it was in it or not, hence I dind't bother).

Croglyn Grange (I think thats how its spelt) was another good UK one. There are some cracking UK ones, but for most, you need to go back to the older European cities where they have a bigger mythos and historical/cultural importance.

Did you know Vlad the Impaler is related by BLOOD to Prince William? Interesting to know and the Queen always looks a bit peaky to me...

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
When you mention vampire, my mind immediately goes back to the mid sixties and the soap opera, Dark Shadows and Barnabas Collins. He was a pretty scary guy for a lil'child like me who was glued to the tube when I could watch it.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
There are indeed "real" vampires, however they're not all vicious blood suckers.
The bloodline of Cain lost power with each new generation, so those left today would be like 1/40th the power Cain was, with a very small bloodlust, to the point it would be more of a fetish.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join