It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire encounters

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

Naw. I don't believe the...egyptian one was being ignorant.
Because lack of proof does not equate to lack of existance.
But vampires cannot be entirely disproven in the first place.
And if you want to disprove their existance so incredibly, go do some research, a LOT of it, and start by finding me a country in which there were never ANY vampire myths, at all.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Levita
Naw. I don't believe the...egyptian one was being ignorant.
Because lack of proof does not equate to lack of existance.
But vampires cannot be entirely disproven in the first place.
And if you want to disprove their existance so incredibly, go do some research, a LOT of it, and start by finding me a country in which there were never ANY vampire myths, at all.

You have got to be joking. If there is absolutely no proof or evidence that something exists, then it would be insane to believe in it. It could be that magical faeries make your car start and stop. You can't prove it doesn't. That doesn't mean you should believe in it.

There is nothing to disprove because I cannot prove something that does not exist. (Please google: proving a negative).

Vampires are fiction. Enjoyable fiction, fiction I love to watch and read, but fiction. I won't lose grip with reality just because a mythical creature looks cool.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason

You have got to be joking. If there is absolutely no proof or evidence that something exists, then it would be insane to believe in it. It could be that magical faeries make your car start and stop. You can't prove it doesn't. That doesn't mean you should believe in it.

There is nothing to disprove because I cannot prove something that does not exist. (Please google: proving a negative).

Vampires are fiction. Enjoyable fiction, fiction I love to watch and read, but fiction. I won't lose grip with reality just because a mythical creature looks cool.

You don't beleive in what you can't see or prove? I take it you are not a Religious person then. Can so many people be wrong in their faith to a higher being just because we can't see, hear, or talk to said being?

I'm not saying that I believe in vampires, I'm not saying that I don't. What I am saying is that the possibility exisits. There have been so many stories and folklore about vampires all over the world in every culture. Whether these tales revolve around vampires as we know them, so something else... there is a hidden truth behind it. We just have not successfully uncovered the fact from the fiction. It doesn't mean we are chasing rainbows trying to find the pot of gold. We are looking for the truth behind the stories.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Actually, with the possibility that their origins are either et, or one of the dna manipulations done before ets made the genetically crippled, short living slave race of humans, there is no proof that they are fiction either, and common in all the mythologies of the world. I personally think that long living classic ones exist, I think of them as unicorns, and perhaps with similar dna in humans the human kind also exists.

Its all speculation, no matter how you look at it. But to say they don't exist, when there is a real possiblity they do, I know ets exist, as an experiencer, therefore I know there is a real possibility more than one race of humans exist as well.

That being said, its not necessary to actually meet one. lol.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
well said...at least the stuff relevent to vampires...i hope aliens dont exist..jus sumthing else to fight against
Personally, im getting pissed off at this whole vampire code of secrecy...and i still have yet to chat with tht NightDweller person who wuz on here earlier...Ive been through a lot since ive been changed and since i last spoke to them. So if nebody knows her whereabouts please inform me bcuz i feel the need to acquire somewhat of a trainer...since i still feel new to this whole dark life i wuz sucked into...n if she needs to kno who i than im the guy whos girlfriend turned him after she started acting strange...poor girl...i miss her...wutever...find me

Angelic Knight

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I'd like to talk to night dweller as well. I think it sucks that the whole board has just stopped replying and the issue went cold.

I'd like to talk to you more about what happened when you were changed, but I don't have enough posts to U2U you.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Beege24

Did you quote because you had something to SAY?

Those claiming to be turned, I would never believe.
Anonymous people posting they've been turned into amazing, sexy creatures of the night, just, no. Who in their right mind would do such a thing, if that was possible.

So basically, the person trying to 'prove a negative' doesn't do any real research.
I'll waste my time googling that when you waste your telling me the name of a nation with no record of any vampires.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I saw a vampire last Thursday,

It was on Shawditch High Street, he was walking out of Haddows.
He was carrying a copy of the record and had a half bottle of grouse in his back pocket.

He also had holes in his jacket and fingerless gloves (I assume he was going for the tramp look)

Then he got on the 53 bus.

I was too scared to follow him any further.

I've seen him before too, the first time he was with Elvis, they were kicking a small dog, the second time I saw him eat a Ginsters pastie out the library then he stole an old carpet from a skip round the back the newsagents.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Beege24

Did you quote because you had something to SAY?

Those claiming to be turned, I would never believe.
Anonymous people posting they've been turned into amazing, sexy creatures of the night, just, no. Who in their right mind would do such a thing, if that was possible.

Why wouldn't you believe people claiming to be "Classicals"..? You DO know that Nightdweller claimed it was fully possible to Turn someone, right?

And who would do such a thing? Well.. Who would intentionally infect someone with HIV? Yet there are people that do so. As Vampires are people too, and differing from person to person, then the reasons for Turning or not Turning someone is just as differing too.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Why do vampires have to be all non-fiction and fiction? Like they're always in a category of myth or reality. Just choose what they actually are, I consider them to be a reality since I just consider them to be.
Even if they don't exist to you guys, no offense, they always exist to me in some way, even though I might never get to actually meet one in person. But it will be actually AWSOME if I did. =]

And if I actually did,
I will give you guys all the proof you need.

If that ever happens.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
oh also i just googled a really intresting site about vampires
the creator is very descriptive and somewhat accurate on his/her findings

here's the link if anyone is intrested

www.haemavore.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
May I just point out something someone mentioned earlier? (To those ranting that it's "all fiction, nothing else!").

Well done. We get your point.

However, even if all those books you read, which are, yes, fiction, it all roots back to either Dracula, the novel, or maybe another book which I've not found. Bram Stoker based his book on Vlad. And, even if Vlad didn't drink the blood, he still had a thirst for it, in such a way.

It just so happens that novelists have romanticised the notion of Vampires and given them extra abilities and morphed the character somewhat, that doesn't mean that Vlad isn't now a Vampire, as that is what he was considered, was it not? (I've probably just made something up there, but I'm sure that's what I read about all those years ago when Vlad struck a chord in my heart and I wanted to read more about the twisted man,
If I'm wrong, feel free to metaphorically shoot me!)

So, theoretically, Vampires are fiction based on fact, therefore, does the basis of this Vampire fiction become fact itself?

(I think I'm rambling again. I'd be surprised if anyone understood any of that - felt like I was speaking in riddles, haha!)

....I'll quit talking lol!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Levita

I did reply to that post it just appears in a quote. Sorry.. I'm new to the site and I must have quoted wrong for it to show up like that. If you reread the whole post, you will see my reply.

[edit on 1/21/2009 by Beege24]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by emmy

LOL.. beleive it or not I understood that circular logic! Makes sense!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I had thought I had met someone that was definitly not normal. For one his face was really weird. You wouldnt notice it if you just passed him by, but if you spent the day witht he dude his face would take on many different characteristics. They were suddle, but very noticeable.

I remember he was speaking to my friend and then he turned to me and gave me the most creepiest smile I have ever seen in my life. It was pretty disturbing so I had to look away. I dont really know... He is strange to think about. Sometimes I almost consider that he was imaginary for some reason.

Now I might consider him a vampire because he would suck the energy right out of me when I was with him. Im not sure how he did or how I let him do it, but he seemed to have some sort of control over me. When I was with him he drained the life right out of me. After hanging out with him for several days I no longer had the need to do anything, but just sit there. Like I was worn out. I tried to seperate myself from him, but for some reason I just could not get rid of the dude.

He would just show up where I lived and where I went. EVERYWHERE I WENT! The dude would just show up and just suck any amount of will power I had left. It was totally weird. Its like I would want to get away, but when I was confronted by him my will to do so would be emptied dry. I actually consider him a good person though because I feel as though I learned something from him. Im not sure what, but he definitly left an impression.

So I guess Im clueless. Could have just been a crazy person that decided to be my friend against my will. I dont even know how he did that. Weirdest person I have ever met in my entire life...

That face thing I explained throws me off. It was so weird. And he would act different all the time. Sometimes he would act like a child. Like he was afraid of the dark or something very bizarre. Then other times he would act very mature and he would have deep conversations with me that I could relate to.

I know he did have some sort of mental problem. Im just glad I finally got away from him because he was like 3 different people in one and I know atleast one side to him was not friendly. He told me he killed someone with a baseball bat... and I believe it... Im sure that wasnt the real him talking though because deep down inside he was a very good person. Like an innocent child, but there was another shade that would come out and be cruel and destructive, manipulative and very very weird... I guess I dont know which was the real him or who he even was. I just know Im glad I met him because he changed my life in some sort of way. Im not sure in what way, but I feel as if he has and as though it was positive.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Beege24

yey! I seem to have an issue when trying to describe or explain theories that it usually ends up with me talking crap. You don't know how much that has made my day lol! Maybe I have been making sense all this time but others were never as clever...(highly unlikely lol!)

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark_Ace

Vampires are as rel as you and me but knowing who and where they are is a different story.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
WHy is it so hard to find info on vampires online? I know that almost all cultures have a version or so on them. Why is it then so hard to find the info I want? All these hoky sites are the only things provided and yet my logic is this: For every myth there is a lining of truth, for every honest individual story, there is a lining of truth. I relaize that myths of earlier centuries were accounts from God fearing Christians who beleived to lie was to sin, and sinning led you to hell. For their fear, they spoke the truth. They spoke the truth for the same reason animals cry out a warning to the rest of their colony / heard/ flock, etc. Survival, to never doubt the desire to live. So back to the first hand accounts written down about past encounters with vampires; myths were created when the person percieving the event did not comprehend it and therefore related it to the closest approximation they could make of familiarity. This history of the tale of vampires has continued in similar veins (pun intended) over years and over cultures, therefore whatever myths that were created there were at least central truths. AND how can so many people beleive in them when current society / governments censor websites and gaurds info to prevent such elusive truths or untruths. Many people beleive in them and yet where is the proof? Is it by faith we beleive? Vampires are not gods and do not have enough influence in our lives to be regarded as anything close to divinity. If you meet one..woo hoo ta da, mystery solved but yet life is not over. Perhaps some who search for them wish for death? A blameless way to end the misery of life. Check plz! lol

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I wish NightDweller were still here

I'm still hoping for an encounter, and for them to realise I am no threat, nor a meal.

Here's a question ;

For those who have encountered, if you were to encounter another, would you react differently to how you did before?

Example, if they offered you to go somewhere, would you agree, and see how far the rabbit hole goes, although maybe risking yourself?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
that's a tough question. It depends on each situation how far I'm willing to play along.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join