It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire encounters

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I find the whole Otherkin theories to be a bit crack pot for my tastes. You can take anyone with genetic features similar to an animal or mythical creature. Let's say someone with scaly, dry, skin. I guess we have a half human - half dragon hybrid!!!!

I suppose myself would be included in that category lol

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Soulstone]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

Otherkin "theories" have more to do with the spirit and energy- (metaphysiology?) than dry skin.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I have a little question, can you show picture of your fangs only not face if you do not want to reveal your ident.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
some people can do this but they dont want to because then theyd be found out and everyone would KNOW

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by semaj

Thankyou, Captain obvious.
Of course, it may also be very obvious that at least the vast majority of ATS people aren't vampires in the first place... [edited to add:]
don't expect ever to get a picture, beyond one of some kid wearing fake fangs.
I have a question for you, anonymous:
Is it really too much effort to type the full word, "identity"? Or is the loss of precious energy tapping at the keyboard just going to kill you? Honestly...

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Levita]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Has anyone yet to say they are vampires for this question? I do believe in the Vampiric Race and I do hope that one day I get the pleasure of meeting one, preferably my Love, Vyktor, who says he is a Vampire, but never mind that. What is your purpose when you obtain locations of vampire sightings?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I agree, someone with 'fangs' should take a pic and post it, not necessarily the whole face. Love fangs, something so seducing about them, lol! (Or maybe that's just my opinion
)

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I would like to post a warning now,
If any of you truely are what people call 'vampires'
Then do not talk about it & do not post photos,

You will be betraying your race & will be found out,
And you would know what the consequences are.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AmmonSeth

Oh please. There is no vampire race. Look, I love vampire mythology and lore just like a lot of other people in this post but I have never, ever, seen even 1 piece of proof for the existence of vampires.

There are quite a few people who are really good at acting like they just stepped out of an Anne Rice novel, but they are just good actors.

And no, I don't believe in "energy vampires" either. Its just a new age attempt to explain why some people enjoy or do not enjoy being around other people. Energy vampires are a non-falsifiable theory though, where as supposed "myth" vampires are not.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
Oh please. There is no vampire race. Look, I love vampire mythology and lore just like a lot of other people in this post but I have never, ever, seen even 1 piece of proof for the existence of vampires.

There are quite a few people who are really good at acting like they just stepped out of an Anne Rice novel, but they are just good actors.

Do not dare quote me with such ignorance,
No there obviously is not any race like you have seen in films or books,
However, it does not mean that there could not be a race yet undiscovered,
maybe due to their hiding, or through human ignorance which you so eloquently displayed,
Which somewhere in history got mistaken, and turned into mythology,
Show some respect for what might be and maybe one day others will respect you

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmmonSeth

Do not dare quote me with such ignorance,
No there obviously is not any race like you have seen in films or books,
However, it does not mean that there could not be a race yet undiscovered,
maybe due to their hiding, or through human ignorance which you so eloquently displayed,
Which somewhere in history got mistaken, and turned into mythology,
Show some respect for what might be and maybe one day others will respect you

Actually, I am quoting YOUR ignorance. So you'll have to get over it.

The chance that there is another race on EARTH that has eluded the human race since its existence started is almost 0. Possible only in the sense that technically anything is possible, but not likely. And if there were, there is proof they would have the properties of vampires.

Your embracing ignorance, you should stop doing that. It goes against the site motto, you know.

There could also be little green elves that we've never discovered either. You can't prove otherwise. And this is why your argumentation is absurd.

Vampires are myths. I do not show respect to things that do not exist. Now offer some proof, or stop acting pompous.

I love reading vampire lore. I just finished re-reading Dracula, appropriate for this time of the year. But when you cannot draw the line between reality and fiction, its time to seek help.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Actually, I am quoting YOUR ignorance. So you'll have to get over it.

The chance that there is another race on EARTH that has eluded the human race since its existence started is almost 0. Possible only in the sense that technically anything is possible, but not likely. And if there were, there is proof they would have the properties of vampires.

Your embracing ignorance, you should stop doing that. It goes against the site motto, you know.

There could also be little green elves that we've never discovered either. You can't prove otherwise. And this is why your argumentation is absurd.

Vampires are myths. I do not show respect to things that do not exist. Now offer some proof, or stop acting pompous.

I love reading vampire lore. I just finished re-reading Dracula, appropriate for this time of the year. But when you cannot draw the line between reality and fiction, its time to seek help.

Well then, i find it amazing that you would come into a thread about vampires,
when you are completely against the idea they MAY exist or have existed,
(in one form or another)

Sorry, but someone as ignorant as you does not even deserve the time of day,
Good day

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AmmonSeth

No, not really. ATS is not only for the "faithful" who will believe anything. Its also for those with open minds who would be willing to believe the far out...were there evidence for it. I came to this thread to see if there was any evidence. There was not, although there are some very good Anne Rice type story tellers here. It was a good read.

Believing in vampires because they MAY exist WHEN all proof goes against such notions and nothing supports it is embracing ignorance. If you have proof, lets see it, otherwise, stop acting surprised.

Your unwilling to accept the possibility that your wrong, which is why you'll never really understand the world around you. Your too busy looking in the shadows for myths instead of looking for whats really there.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
okay.. seriously some of us are getting off topic. This thread basically is just people arguing over one thing or another. I'm surprised that the mods haven't said anything yet.

So lets all breath.

Now exhale.

And act like some adults here.

The man asked for some encounters. lets give him something besides grammar punks shooting out flashy words, okay?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Oh and i suppose the thousands of eye-witness statements,
All the built-up mythology around the subject,
The newspaper reports,
The police reports etc.
Count for nothing because a vast period of time (for you) has passed since then,

Who knows, maybe they do exist now, maybe they don't,
but 'vampires' existed back then in one way or another,
the exact same way 'UFOs' exist today,
noone really knows what they are/were =)

either way, its pointless arguing by saying
"they dont exist and never have unless you give me some modern proof right this second, or they definitely do not/cannot have existed"

End of, and i refuse to come back into this topic as of now

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Oh and i suppose the thousands of eye-witness statements,

There are also thousands of eye-witness statements that elves exist. Eye witnesses mean nothing unless the witness has credibility.

All the built-up mythology around the subject,

You've got to be kidding me. What does this prove? There is built up mythology among innumerable things. Do you also believe in Leprechauns based on this?

The newspaper reports,

The same newspapers that report on anything to cause a sensation? If you can find 1 legitimate newspaper story from one that has some credibility as being run by actual journalists - New York Times, Wall Street Journal, etc., then that might be proof. Otherwise, it mean nothing.

The police reports etc.

Show one. There are none I've ever seen that say "We believe vampires did this!"

Count for nothing because a vast period of time (for you) has passed since then,

No, they count for nothing because they either (1) don't exist or (2) don't provide any sort of proof except that people..like you..want to believe.

Who knows, maybe they do exist now, maybe they don't,
but 'vampires' existed back then in one way or another,
the exact same way 'UFOs' exist today,
noone really knows what they are/were =)

No, they did not, and yes, we do. No real "vampires' existed. What happened was when something would go wrong in the village, people blamed the devil. They would dig up the corpse of someone who recently died and find that - gasp - their hair/finger nails had grown, and that their lips seemed full and there was traces of blood around their mouth! That must be a vampire!

Wrong. We know that after death, hair and fingernails continue to grow and that when the body bloats after death it creates the image of full lips, and bodily processes can create what appears to be blood around the mouth. That is where the source of vampire lore comes from. People who didn't understand the decomposition process.

either way, its pointless arguing by saying
"they dont exist and never have unless you give me some modern proof right this second, or they definitely do not/cannot have existed"

No, actually its not. If you are going to insist vampires are real then you need to provide some proof. If you do not, then it just appears as though you want to believe.

End of, and i refuse to come back into this topic as of now

I don't really care. Until you provide some proof, facts are facts: vampires are lore. Interesting lore I myself enjoy, but lore and myths nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Actually its more than possible that ufos had something to do with making us all the way we are, including if vampires exist. So I'm still holding out for the true immortal kind. The ones that live perhaps a few thousand years like its said ets do. Its really strange that they have earned such a fan club amongst women. They probably don't deserve all this attention from women in the least.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

what if i told you all that I've met one...more than that I've talked to him. More than once in fact. He strolls around the town that I live in. He stumbles as if drunk and does drink large amounts of alcohol. This vampires name is Eddy. The first time I met him, he told me of how he used to be looked up to, that people were afraid of him. I don't know what compelled me next to go to my town library and begin looking at old newspaper clippings, but I found a picture of him. On the front page for being at the opening of our towns Historic Court House, this was about 200 years ago....We have never spoke directly of his condition but he is only seen at night and throws beer bottles at churches as well as priests on the street. What do you make of this?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
By the way that post with no name was me before my account was made. So if anyone has anything to say about it you can hit me up

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
By the way that post with no name was me before my account was made. So if anyone has anything to say about it you can hit me up

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join