It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random email I received today

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I think those above me have outlined this correctly, this looks like nothing more then a scam.

And they have gotten over 10 Million, at least thats what they say...

INsanity...

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakman
Anyone ever hear of Onion Routing?

Speaking of Onion/Tor, did you heard what Dan Egerstad of Deranged Security did in September? I'm suprised nobody started a thread about it.

Originally posted by avingard

Cold someone run a spyware check, go to the website?

There are several websites that will check weblinks for you. Just paste link to the web page you want scanned, and viola. (not saying they are perfect)

Here's one:
linkscanner.explabs.com...

I havn't seen anyone post about how long Bush has left in office, verse how long this court case would last. Seems like he would be out of office a few years before the case ever got settled.

I don't think he will try to stay in office, but if he did, I don't think a lawsuit would stop him.

Never open unsolicited email.

[edit on 12/8/07 by makeitso]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
This site appears to be only 4 days old.

I would not trust this site with a single penny. A little computer sleuthing and these are my findings: If you got to /Images/ directory, you'll find every file seems to have been uploaded en mass on December 4th, 2007. Also, if you FTP to the address, and login as anonymous, you will see the directory called 'incoming' also possessing a creation date of December 4th. Do not trust this site.

The images directory

FTP: login as anonymous

Everything happened 4 days ago.

~odievk

[edit on 8-12-2007 by odievk]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by odievk
This site appears to be only 4 days old.

No wonder I found nothing about it at Snopes. Maybe Barbara would be interested in this...?

And I think that there should be a warning on the original post that clicking on the link may be hazardous to your computer's health.

No fault of the Original Poster, of course.

[edit on 8-12-2007 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I have a question for the resident legal experts here at ATS.

If a person were to actually contribute money to a group like this, would it be against the law or would it be protected under the first amendment?

Hypothetically speaking, if there was an actual movement that was raising money with the intention of exposing or impeaching President Bush and the gang, could it be considered treasonous or illegal to contribute to that organization?

It would seem to me that one would be well within their legal rights to contribute their own money as seen fit, as long as you are not openly supporting a terror group or assisting in anything illegal that may be taking place.

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
reply to post by makeitso

Wow....that is just wierd.

Why would someone from a Korean ISP be sending out Bush impeachment emails? Could it possibly be an American who is based in Korea for anonymity or protective purposes? After all, I am certain that whoever this is, they are not earning brownie points or making any friends with the PTB.

Now I am really confused, very interesting find Makeitso.

Or ummm. perhaps a Nth Korean Org. trying to cause Civil Unreast.

Tread very cearfully folks..

I hear in the US, Treason still carries a Death Penalty.

It's a sure bet that the US Gov monitors this site, it is one of the biggest & most popular of it's kind.

If they find anyone actually donating or conversing with a possible Rebel Group or Forign Power...

Things gould get very sticky for some ppls.

[edit on 12/8/2007 by Ironclad]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Indeed, I would have no problem with the Mod's adding a disclaimer to the initial page of this thread in regard to the link. In fact I think it would be a great idea considering .

I have run a virus scan since I went to the site and nothing of interest came up, so as far as I know it it relatively safe. But I would not want anyone to experience issues because of anything I have posted.

Mods - please do as you see fit in order to safeguard the members of the site.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Not so much Viruses I'm worried about.

More like the chance that this group is Legit & if that is the case, it could be considered an act of treason by the Bush Govt, if people were seen conversing with the pps on this site.

Just be cearful is all.

Even if it's just a harmless prank site, The Bush Admin, would still look closely at anyone who was willing to participate.

I'm not really worried about myself, as I'm not a US Citizen & wouldn't think twice about helping yous guys get rid of Bush..lol

They can't really touch me because a non US Citizen can't commit treason..hehe

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
on a more 'bummer' note, anyone thought that this website might just go poof! when the $30million's reached? maybe its a scam for money? Throw some controversy in, with some facts people can relate to and Bam! maybe it is, but the 'we need you money first' revolutionaries make me sceptical.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Longy4eva
on a more 'bummer' note, anyone thought that this website might just go poof! when the $30million's reached? maybe its a scam for money? Throw some controversy in, with some facts people can relate to and Bam! maybe it is, but the 'we need you money first' revolutionaries make me sceptical.

It would most likely be the case..

These days you can never tell, there are so many Fake fund raisers around, it's a gamble but in the off chance that it is Legit, ...

Hey, more power to em I say.

Once they get rid of Bush, they can cut back the number of US troops here & close down Pine Gap.

50,000 US Troops based here dose make me a little nervous with the Bush Admin still in power...

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Longy4eva, yer drunk.

Good to read you again, though.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

A fund-raiser can't get rid of Bush.

Pay attention.

[edit on 8-12-2007 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
I have a question for the resident legal experts here at ATS.

If a person were to actually contribute money to a group like this, would it be against the law or would it be protected under the first amendment?

Hypothetically speaking, if there was an actual movement that was raising money with the intention of exposing or impeaching President Bush and the gang, could it be considered treasonous or illegal to contribute to that organization?

It would seem to me that one would be well within their legal rights to contribute their own money as seen fit, as long as you are not openly supporting a terror group or assisting in anything illegal that may be taking place.

Thoughts?

It all depends on several things.

Hyperthically, if they are legit...and also call into consideration the current US anti-terror laws (you can basically go to bed one night & wake up in Quantanimo Bay the next morning with nobody knowing where you went)..hehe

1. are they raising funds to take legal action to force impeachment.
(if so, then no under your 1st amendment, it is legal, it is your fundimental right to persue a legal course of action against your government).

2. If the Site is a domestic millitant group that could be considered a Rebel group by the administration.
(you stand the chance of being arrested & tried for Treason "at worst").

3. If it is in fact, a forign Group, "Nth Korea, China", behind the website, trying to cause civil unreast by provoking people anger with the establishment further.
(then you can definately be charged with Treason, should the Government decide to actually take an active intrest).

4. if the website is fake, the government could still take an intrest in anyone who was willing to participate.

You just have to decide what this website really represents. Read it very cearfully, make a judgement based on how the site is worded.

Ie, dose it have a lot of Legal jargin, or dose the wording sound more millitant.

Oh BTW. I wouldn't worry about Bush actually trying to cancel the elections & take total power.

First off he needs an army that will support him. Isn't one of the oaths the millitary takes when you join up, to "protect the constitution from domestic & forign agressors alike"?

He would be hard pressed to take the entire armed forces with him into a dictatorship. In fact, most US soldiers love their country, the US is a Civillised country & most soldiers are educated & can tell the difference between freedom & dictatorship.

I'd say its a fair bet that most, if not all the US millitary "the lower ranks", would prefer to stay with the people & would simply tell bush to get lost...lol

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Even if this was true (spam donations via email, come on), their actions would only serve the federal government a justified reason to shut them down for money laundering and racketeering.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad

Oh BTW. I wouldn't worry about Bush actually trying to cancel the elections & take total power.

First off he needs an army that will support him. Isn't one of the oaths the millitary takes when you join up, to "protect the constitution from domestic & forign agressors alike"?

He would be hard pressed to take the entire armed forces with him into a dictatorship. In fact, most US soldiers love their country, the US is a Civillised country & most soldiers are educated & can tell the difference between freedom & dictatorship.

I'd say its a fair bet that most, if not all the US millitary "the lower ranks", would prefer to stay with the people & would simply tell bush to get lost...lol

Some good points made but hasn't history proven many times that it is possible to have two armies from the same country fighting brother against brother for what they believe is the right cause (civil wars). In a civilized country the boundaries between what is right or wrong becomes clouded and distorted the stronger the social and economic structures are in that country.

In closing, it is my personal opinion that the more educated the army is, the more loyal it is to the government and the country it represents since they become one and the same.

Back to the main topic of this thread.. It would be interesting, to know what would constitute a legit site such as the one currently being discussed. If for example it did not solicit donations would this site be more 'credible' than just another spam site?. If it was based in the US or UK for example would this also make it more credible to be believed in?

[edit on 8/12/2007 by Freelancer]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The groundwork for dismissal of both the legislative and judicial branch has been carefully laid. The litany is well-known! The continuation of the drug war, the Patriot Act, Homeland Security Act and other dictatorial laws prompted by the 9/11/2001 terror attacks, have decimated the Bill of Rights, and shredded the traditional American right to due process of law, freedom from official surveillance, arbitrary violence, and far more.

Why do people think that 9/11/01 really happened? Follow the paper trail folks. Who made money from all this? Building 7 fell and was never hit by anything. This happened so Bush could come out with all these new laws and gradually demolish the U.S. Constitution. That site has things on there that are actually relevant to what has happened recently. Think about the last 6 years. Things have just been going down hill from an American citizen viewpoint. Our freedoms are gradually being done away with. I hate to see what is coming in the very near future. By the way,Hussien's wife said that the military did NOT capture Sadam. She said the man they showed her was NOT her husband. Think about that 1. The main stream media only reported this on 1 night in a newscast.We have not heard it anymore since then. Not to say the email is not a scam though.

[edit on 8-12-2007 by totallyhuman]

[edit on 8-12-2007 by totallyhuman]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   
This smells very stinky...

urgh! Where do I start? I guess the 1st thing that jumps out at me is the intent to procure money. If no personal info is needed, how is the donation to be returned?

In this day and age, there are numerous anti-Bush campaigns, it is no secret, they generally are out whipping up numbers to support their cause. The majority of legitimate political campaigns make a lot of noise... and state their beef regardless and involvement generally is free:

Free Anti Bush Flyers

Anti Bush Groups

It doesn't take much to design a website, even a professional looking one, I would like to note the copying of Ebay here. Very slick and professional. I had my information taken from that website.

It is a scam!

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I didn't want to read 5 pages of threads to find out if someone had said this or not but I just wanted to let you know that the box that this site is hosted on is:

Region: Kyonggi-do
City: Seoul

Being South Korean and they are currently one of the top countries for wanting to obtain as much information as possible about the US with their intelligence officers as well as being one of the top Spam producing countries I would say this site is completely fake and I would watch what you click on it.

The only reason a USA company would get a server in a foreign country would be to get away from the USA's laws and to get away from it being shutdown however I would highly doubt even then that they would buy a server from South Korea. If you would like I can look more thoroughly into this for you but most likely I'm just going to find a botnet with some South Korean kiddy who has rooted a server.

-ShivanX

Edited to remove un-needed info.

[edit on 12/8/2007 by ShivanX]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Another way to tell this is most likely spam is because the site has no DNS name it just uses the IP. Which means the person doing it was so lazy that they didn't even bother to spend $9.95 to get a domain name for the site.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
here is the who-is info:

query: 211.172.232.126
KOREAN

IPv4 : 211.172.232.0-211.172.232.255
: HANNET-INFRA
ISP : KOREACOMPUTERIDC
: 20031021
: Y
[ IPv4 ]
: ORG121372
: ()
:
: 395-70 14
: 156-010
[ ]
:
: KOREACOMPUTERIDC
:
: 395-70 14
: 156-010
: 82-2-829-3063 ------------------------ the phone number
: [email protected] ---------------- There email address

There contact form is take from another company and modified for them:

www.w3.org...

Why does there donate page have a hidden link to:? www.statcounter.com...

This reeks of fraud, contact the ISP with the letter you recieved.

[ ISP Network Abuse Contact Information ]
Name : Sung-Kwan Yoon
Phone : 82-2-829-3075
E-Mail : [email protected]

My guess is he left his HTTP server open, and someone in russia hacked it.

Possibly russian mafia. They've been known to get in on this scam too. Thats why the contact is from russia. The one you give the money too.

Cheers,

Camain

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join