It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random email I received today

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Very interesting email I was sent this evening. The site is claiming that George W. Bush has plans in the making to cancel the 2008 elections in order to seize the presidency.

It is also serving as a fund raiser, with the proceeds going toward the arrest and impeachment of Bush and Cheney. It also mentions full disclosure in regards to 9/11, black projects, and a whole list of other issues.

A lot of information on the site is spot on, I was very suprised but also very impressed to say the least when I opened it to read it's controversial content.

Here is how the actual email read:

Hello!

My name is Lucy Malone and I am from Alpine, TX.

It is my patriotic duty to let you know that there is a secret
organization in the United States, which has a hard evidence
that George W. Bush and his administration ARE GUILTY of many
crimes including terrorist attack on September 11, 2001.

Also they inform that BUSH and his administration
plan to cancel the presidential election in 2008!

They will be able to stop George W. Bush, 'cause they have
1543 documents, 402 secret tapes and 135 witnesses, which
prove that George W. Bush has betrayed us and lied to us!

This organization is a real HOPE for AMERICA!

IF YOU ARE AN AMERICAN, IF YOU ARE SICK AND TIRED OF BUSH LIES AND
IF YOU WANT GEORGE BUSH AND HIS ADMINISTRATION TO BE STOPPED ASAP,
then you MUST KNOW the horrible truth about the White House Mafia:

P.S.
If you want to stop the Bush regime, let others know about
this organization. UNITED, We will obtain justice!

----
With best regards,
Lucy Malone

Does this email look familiar to anyone else? Have you ever gotten anything like this in an email? I am a bit suprised due to the fact that I am not a member of any political or conspiracy boards or groups and I have not given my email address to anyone who would be in that line of interest. Could it be 100% random?

If so, I would have to imagine that many others will be getting this message as well, which is a good thing because it will spread the word around and hopefully it will reach many of those people who otherwise would never know about these types of things.

These folks should be applauded, this is what I call being pro-active.

Here is a link to the site in question.

Check this site out resident experts, I would like to know what you guys think about the content and the fact that someone is out there mass emailing this type of info. Could it make a difference in influencing opinion?

I thought it was pretty cool and figured I would post it for others to see as well.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Really?

Hey Lucy, an organization in Korea is the real hope for America?

Wow, I'd've never guessed that!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This is really interesting.....thanks for letting us know.

No i have not received such an email recently. Interesting how the address seems to be an IP, i aint very computer literate so i dont know if thats fishy or not.

Theyve raised over 11 million dollars to sue Bush and his counterparts! Crazy! From what i've seen, its focused primarily on a sort of 9/11 disclosure and justice. But from what i've looked at it seems to be on the right track, and not a disinfo thing from what i read.

Still, it would be interesting to see what others have to say, Flagged and Starred man

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Intresting email.

The first part stood out to me right off the bat

The site is claiming that George W. Bush has plans in the making to cancel the 2008 elections in order to seize the presidency.

When I first found out about the new laws allowing the president to assume all government powers in a time of crisis, i was worried we would not see a new president in 2008.

This website outlines all his new powers that point to this possibility.

Most crucial now are Presidential Directive #51, Executive Orders #13303, #13315, #13350, #13364, #13422, #13438, and more, by which Bush has granted himself an immense arsenal of powers for which the term “dictatorial” is a modest understatement.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Wow....that is just wierd.

Why would someone from a Korean ISP be sending out Bush impeachment emails? Could it possibly be an American who is based in Korea for anonymity or protective purposes? After all, I am certain that whoever this is, they are not earning brownie points or making any friends with the PTB.

Now I am really confused, very interesting find Makeitso.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Looking at the page more...

Found this on the "Donate Today" link.

"We have affiliates in Europe, who receive Western Union and MoneyGram transfers from our donors in the United States. As soon as the contribution is successfully received by our affiliate, money is transferred into our secure bank account. We hope you understand the absolute necessity of such precautionary measures.

Because if we accepted credit cards or bank transfers, it would be impossible to keep our organization in secrecy from Bush's administration"

I think it all makes sense, but would you say this gives them more creditability, or it could be a nice money making scam since you cant get your money back when using Western Union or MoneyGram.

The other thing that strikes me, doest this web page feel like they are really trying to sell you? It reminds me of a site for some type of enlargement pill or something. Instead of customer testimonials, they have “What People are Saying”

Not sure what to think at this point.

[edit on 12/7/07 by Cyprex]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Thats what i was guessing, it was a move on their part of protection of self. Interesting nevertheless. We need to dig deeper here, but i dont know how, but i will still try

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
If bush does this im sure there will be a 2nd civil war. Too many mistakes and too many ppl unhappy with his methods and his plans. Deceptions is a Bush family trait you know. Look at everyting Daddy did.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Its hits on a very emotional subject, then goes on to say that it requires $30,000,000 to initiate a lawsuit against bush. Where this figure comes from, I dont know.

To me it seems like an updated version of the 419 scam. You have heard of the nigerian email scam havent you?

The difference being that the unsolicited emails request a donation rather than your bank account details.

my $0.02

CT

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Just sounds like another cynical scam from overseas to me.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Interesting reading and somehow.. I am not surprised by anything it says.

I have said for a long time now that it would not surprise me if Bush and his buddies found a way to halt the elections in order to stay in power. Of course, from what I remember, all he needs do is make sure we are involved in a war and then he is in office till the war ends.

I think the biggest detractor to this site, for skeptics, is the fact that this site wants money. I can see many people saying hell naw to sending money to unknowns.

Either way, I have to say I believe everything they are saying and would love to see Bush and his administration jailed for the lies and bull# they have done.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Possibly an email scam I suppose, but what if this is a legitimate movement to nail Bush? How would you know if this is on the up and up?

You have to admit, the site makes some very critical points and content wise I would say that it appears to make quite a bit of sense. If this is intended as an email money making scam, all I can say is that criminals are really stepping up their game.

This is a far cry from the typical CONGRATULATIONS>>YOU HAVE WON THE NIGERIAN NATIONAL LOTTERY$$$ emails that I used to get

Any way to follow up on who is actually running that site, or is it impossible to know based off of the information available?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Our non-profit organization consists of 35 Americans (including independent politicians, congressmen, professional lawyers, legal experts and National Security Agency officials). Due to security measures, we prefer not to introduce ourselves right now.

Interesting as to what sort of Americans they are.

During the last 7 years, we have collected a lot of evidence against George W. Bush, his family and his administration. And we are now ready to commence a prosecution against the White House Mafia. Every crimination is supported by hard evidences!

Why the last 7 years? I thought it started when 9/11 happened? Just my opinon, i dont know much about the beginning of his presidency.

Well they do have a contact page, anyone have alot of luck?

They should be impeached for deliberately misleading us into war, for illegally spying on Americans, and for turning America into a rogue nation that imprisons and tortures people illegally. I donate $10,000 and I want you guys to start as soon as possible!

- Terry Wiseman (Ackworth, IA)

WOW, i wish i was as rich as Terry. Some of the supporters messages seem kinda weird to me, a little.

Bush leads us into another Great Depression. He is a sad disgrace to this country and should be impeached as soon as possible.

- Aaron Gabriel (San Diego, CA)

Either Aaron sucked at English in school, or this person is someone not familiar with English.

CT might be right when he said its very reminescent of the 419 scam.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Very brief perusal made these things jump out at me...

Very interesting email I was sent this evening...

Hello!

P.S.

----
With best regards,
Lucy Malone

Does this email look familiar to anyone else? Have you ever gotten anything like this in an email? I am a bit suprised due to the fact that I am not a member of any political or conspiracy boards or groups and I have not given my email address to anyone who would be in that line of interest. Could it be 100% random?

Now, the initial grammar point jumped out at me. Possible reasons include the fact that I'm an anal-retentive English teacher in one of my trades. However, the grammar mistake is one of the major clues to the "Nigeria Scam" type e-mail. (anybody get the Khodokovsky/Yukos e-mail?)

The fact that the IP is in Korea (off-shore) certainly helps.

The fact that they want non-returnable funds is also a help. Why do they need US$11m? Is it going to cost that to lodge a complaint in a US court?

I couldn't help noticing the fact that you say they e-mailed you. You, personally, not a friend. Then you say you're not a member of a political of conspiracy board, but you've been here since last year...

Not pointing the finger at you, just your assumptions about yourself...

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
It seems more like a scam than anything, it even reads like one.
I don't trust it, but you are welcome to do whatever you feel like.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim_Kraken

sounds like it to me...
Shoot, I could easily set up a website like this and post a paypal/western union account and ask for money! LOL

Sadly, many people will fall for this.

For the secrecy of our organization, contributions can be made using Western Union or MoneyGram only.

2. Send MoneyGram (MG) or Western Union (WU). You may contribute from $300 up to $9,000.

So you have to give them all your personal info...but they wont devulge theirs. LOL

Reminds me of the "abortion" scam:

www.snopes.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
Very brief perusal made these things jump out at me...

Very interesting email I was sent this evening...

Hello!

P.S.

----
With best regards,
Lucy Malone

Now, the initial grammar point jumped out at me. Possible reasons include the fact that I'm an anal-retentive English teacher in one of my trades. However, the grammar mistake is one of the major clues to the "Nigeria Scam" type e-mail. (anybody get the Khodokovsky/Yukos e-mail?)

The fact that the IP is in Korea (off-shore) certainly helps.

The fact that they want non-returnable funds is also a help. Why do they need US$11m? Is it going to cost that to lodge a complaint in a US court?

I couldn't help noticing the fact that you say they e-mailed you. You, personally, not a friend. Then you say you're not a member of a political of conspiracy board, but you've been here since last year...

Not pointing the finger at you, just your assumptions about yourself...

Yes...I am sitting quite snuggly in my home in Seol, South Korea having a good chuckle as we speak
come on man...that is just goofy

And for the record....the one and only site that I belong to in regard to politics and conspiracy is ATS, and we all know that they do not sell or divulge member information or email addesses.

[edit on 12/7/07 by BlackOps719]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Wait a minute. If they are a secret organization then why are they sending out this email with a link to their website in it?
That's red herring #1.

Most crucial now are Presidential Directive #51, Executive Orders #13303, #13315, #13350, #13364, #13422, #13438, and more, by which Bush has granted himself an immense arsenal of powers for which the term “dictatorial” is a modest understatement.

I don't know the source of the above quote but I've found the exact wording on 1/2 a dozen websites tonight.
Red herring #2 - cut and paste from another source.

Red herring #3 may or may not be of value to us. I can't find a Lucy/Lucille Malone in Alpine, Texas. Well at least not on the web. Alpine looks likes it's in the middle of nowhere in S.W. Texas.

Red herring #4 - The $30,000,000 donations they are asking for.

If something smells fishy then it most likely is fishy.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Looks like a spam and scam.

Definitely an organization to make cash off of Bush's name.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Well, we will all find out very soon if this is true or not. I just wonder what "disaster" will happen in order for him to legally pull that off. Whatever is going to be staged will have to be big in order to get all the sheep to believe and follow him.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join