It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random email I received today

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I think we need to send Chris Hansen from MSNBC over to this place to find out if this site is legit or if it's just a money makeing scam.

I would love to see Bush and his buddies get some hard jailtime, and tried for crimes just like Saddam. He killed his own people(9/11), and he's now commiting(sp?) torture (war crimes) ect.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I was just about to post a similar interpretation myself as the previous posting by CyberTruth, I believe it is a real possibility, so tread carefully,and good luck.
Be ever Vigilant,
Horsegiver.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I know this is a conspiracy forum, but wow some people believe anything.

If this "organization" had so many witnesses, tape recordings and documents; please ask yourself why they would need to raise 30 Million dollars before they did anything.

Its obviously more of a ploy to get your money than to do anything about Bush.

If this "evidence" existed they could leak it to the press and it would be over.

~S

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by salez20

I am not sure who you are talking about. I would say that 95% of the posts in this thread 'don't believe' this site is legit. Are you implying that 'we believe anything' because there is a thread about this? Or because we are discussing it?

Or are you saying that the site is legit, and we are dumb to believe that it may be a threat? I am not sure what you are saying.

DocMoreau

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau
reply to post by salez20

I am not sure who you are talking about. I would say that 95% of the posts in this thread 'don't believe' this site is legit. Are you implying that 'we believe anything' because there is a thread about this? Or because we are discussing it?

Or are you saying that the site is legit, and we are dumb to believe that it may be a threat? I am not sure what you are saying.

DocMoreau

Sorry about that, I was referring to the initial post that started the thread.

~S

[edit on 8-12-2007 by salez20]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by salez20

Aha! I should have realized that you had not read the full thread by what you said. Sorry for any confusion.

DocMoreau

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
yeah, im smelling a scam as well. Seems very set up. BUT, like said before, we will find out soon enough...

Personally, I'm hoping Bush holds up the elections and keeps himself in presidency, Then we will know everything we have been saying is true.

I know that no one wants another civil war, but i for one wouldnt mind opening up a can of whopass on our govt.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

sweet, im not a US citizen either, just a resident! now im happy i never filled in that form

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
yeah, im smelling a scam as well. Seems very set up. BUT, like said before, we will find out soon enough...

Personally, I'm hoping Bush holds up the elections and keeps himself in presidency, Then we will know everything we have been saying is true.

I know that no one wants another civil war, but i for one wouldnt mind opening up a can of whopass on our govt.

Yeah but then what are you going to do about it....lol

It's waaay too late by that time.

And now I gotto wonder, what will become of the US allies, Britain, Australia, Canada, France, New Zealand, Etc....,

If Bush dose decide to become a dictator.. There are US Troops & Bases in all of these countries.

I don't think AU has enough troops & hardware to remove the US Personel stationed here...hehe

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
As is already very apparent this site is most certainly a scam to get your money. One thing I found interesting is why is there a limit to how much you can give? An organization that needs to raise millions of dollars would certainly not put a cap of $9,000 on how much you can donate; they would want you to give as much as possible.

One reason I can think of is form 8300. This is required for any cash transaction of $10,000 or more. More info here... irs.gov

Another issue could be the currency transaction report. irs.gov
Any financial institution is required to file a report when $10,000 or more is transferred from one form of currency to another.

To me this indicates that whoever is running this site does not want any traceable evidence of donations.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
My friend, this is what we call a phishing scam. Your computer is probably now part of some Korean or Russian botnet.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Scam.

Give the site money - and then tell the whole your name and location - so others can see you?! Odd.

Lots of small random transfers don't arose suspicion. Larger ones do alert the authorities. Have a look at gold trading and some of them place limits on for money laundering.

It's been well designed - and i think the average user will fall for it - for about 5 minutes.

Who ever is behind this is very clever. They know people who use these forums are passionate about this sort of issue and would be prepared to do something. If we weren't passionate and p*ssed off with the world, we wouldn't be here.

Probably worth getting a generic email out to everyone you know asking them to beware and not fall for it.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso

Originally posted by BlackOps719

My name is Lucy Malone and I am from Alpine, TX.
This organization is a real HOPE for AMERICA!

Really?

Hey Lucy, an organization in Korea is the real hope for America?

Wow, I'd've never guessed that!

Dude don't you understand that if the site is hosted on US servers then the government can shut it down. This is not a theory IT IS LAW. If the host doesn't shut it down then they ask the centers data providers to shut it down, and if the data companies(At&t or whoever) then the government shuts their servers down as a result of data secrecy and national security.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
One point that has not been made yet is this.

What if this is in fact a real movement being crafted to remove Bush from power, but is being handled by people who are not American citizens?

I am certain that there are many people around the world who have a real vested interest in seeing G.W. vacate the white house, be it a personal reason or a political one.

What motivation would a South Korean have in seeing Bush ousted? I don't know....possibly to avoid WWIII? Face it, this administration is a threat to pretty much everyone around the world with it's foreign policy and war mongering. Would it really come as a suprise if there were people in the U.K. or Russia or Asian countries who felt the need to do something before it is too late?

Just a theory, of course. The site is most likely a big fat scam, but I don't think that you can dismiss the information or authenticity of the site based on who is running it or what nation they hail from. There are millions of people around the world who would have a stake in what takes place in the American political arena.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed that certain portions of the website quote portions of Fahrenheit 9/11? Word for word, with no citation, like they made it up. I say it's a scam for suckers that hate Bush and his crew. Hopefully they don't get too many takers, I'd rather see that money go to actually getting him out instead of some Korean's pocket.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This site is almost certainly a phishing scam, of which, there are many. They prey on those with good intentions but lacking the necessary knowledge/experience to see through their charades.

The truly sad thing about all of this is that I wonder if we would really know a 'legit' site such as the one currently being discussed, that asks for donations if we came across it? Personally, no matter how innocent the site and its causes, I will not make any donations because of the fear by doing so could have unforeseen repercussions later on...

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Right, I'd trust anything from Korea...

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
There is absolutely NO question that this is a scam.

If you really support the issues that phishing site claims to, there are ways to do something about it: HR333 is still in commitee. It is Kucinich's resoltion to impeach Cheney.

Write, call, and email your rep, also John Conyers (head of the Judiciary committee) and Nancy Pelosi (Speaker of the House). it`s free.

And if you still need somewhere to send your money, try donating to the campaign of Dennis Kucinich or Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhombus24

Dude don't you understand that if the site is hosted on US servers then the government can shut it down. This is not a theory IT IS LAW.

Seriously?

Could you help me undersand by linking to the law this website would break if it were hosted in the U.S.?

Thanks

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I can see by your photoshopped avatar alone that every word you say can't be taken seriously

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join