It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random email I received today

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thats the nicest looking scam site I have seen (If that is a scam site)

It seems to be designed fairly well. I mean, it actually 'looks' more legitimate than many of the websites used as references here at ATS. But it does seem like a 'package'. Pop a flag in here, a quote in here, put our bank info in here, upload and we are done...

Ironically, couldn't it be contributing to 'terrorism' if you give these people money? It seems like a trap or a scam or both.... I mean because of the attacks that they are making on the "Bush Mafia", some of which are borderline treason, and the fact that you have no idea where the money is going. They tell you it is to 'protect' the witnesses, but does that mean with some Korean Blackwater types, who then end up in a fire fight with American Soldiers, and boom FBI kicking down your door for contributing to to terrorism, and the scammers get away because they turn over their list in exchange for their lives.

I don't know. Honestly, I think this thread should be moved/closed, something. It is like we are creating the scam for them. It definitely warrants further investigation, but I think the whole thing stinks a bit and maybe should not be 'out in the open' It seems possibly too dangerous, unless of course I am just being a wimp.
DocMoreau

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   

You say you are considering donating? I wish I had money to waste like that.

Not a chance

My money will remain right where it is. However, if this were proven to be a legit site, I would donate in a heart beat!! Talk about a cause that you can really get behind, it would be awesome to see something like this actually happen. As I said before, wishful thinking

[edit on 12/7/07 by BlackOps719]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   

No thank you for posting them. I think you were doing that when I was writing my post.
Thanks to the OP for the thread as well. I am not saying it isn't a good mystery...
I think it is
DocMoreau

link   

No thank you for posting them. I think you were doing that when I was writing my post.
Thanks to the OP for the thread as well. I am not saying it isn't a good mystery...
I think it is
DocMoreau

link   
The headers show the routing for the mail. Much of the names and addresses that are shown on the email by the client program can be fake. i would be surprised to not see the mail starting in Korea.

Korea seems to be junk mail central / scam central now a days.

[edit on 12/7/2007 by roadgravel]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau

Thats the nicest looking scam site I have seen (If that is a scam site)

It seems to be designed fairly well. I mean, it actually 'looks' more legitimate than many of the websites used as references here at ATS. But it does seem like a 'package'. Pop a flag in here, a quote in here, put our bank info in here, upload and we are done...

Ironically, couldn't it be contributing to 'terrorism' if you give these people money? It seems like a trap or a scam or both.... I mean because of the attacks that they are making on the "Bush Mafia", some of which are borderline treason, and the fact that you have no idea where the money is going. They tell you it is to 'protect' the witnesses, but does that mean with some Korean Blackwater types, who then end up in a fire fight with American Soldiers, and boom FBI kicking down your door for contributing to to terrorism, and the scammers get away because they turn over their list in exchange for their lives.

I don't know. Honestly, I think this thread should be moved/closed, something. It is like we are creating the scam for them. It definitely warrants further investigation, but I think the whole thing stinks a bit and maybe should not be 'out in the open' It seems possibly too dangerous, unless of course I am just being a wimp.
DocMoreau

Doc you made a point that had not even occured to me before. It would really almost have to be considered brilliant, if not for it being so horrifying.

What if these SPAM sites are being run by foreign terror groups who are using the desperation of the American people to build profits for their cause, while at the same time scamming Americans who could very possibly be ARRESTED for contributing!!

I'm not saying this is a definate case obviously, but wow, using our own resentment of the Bush administration against us, all while having U.S. citizens fund to pay for their terrorist agenda that will kill more Americans

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

I completely agree it is professional looking site!

Oh, and I thought you were saying please as in "please
" hahahaha
Thanks for the clarification

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

You can see why one would have difficulty discerning between a scam site versus a real legitimate group...it is very detailed and someone has gone to extremely great lengths to create this thing.

Click on the Horrible Truth tab and read the info thereafter and tell me it does not make a lot of sense. Very convincing, not saying it isn't a scam, but still very convincing.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
what you fail to realize is i sincerely doubt this site has raised 11 million dollars- they probably stuck that number on there so people would think "Oh man- I have to donate now, everyone else did". Of course its a scam, you recieved the link by e-mail, its not even a website from America or based in America, and theres no proof whatsoever that this is benefiting a court case or buying some guy a Ferrari in nigeria. NOT TO MENTION THE FACT that this has claimed to raise over 11 mill- any website that has raised over 11 mill Im pretty sure most of us would have heard of or seen before- this is a random site. RON PAUL's site didn't even get that much this month! So put that into perspective- this has SCAM written all over it.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
what you fail to realize is i sincerely doubt this site has raised 11 million dollars- they probably stuck that number on there so people would think "Oh man- I have to donate now, everyone else did". Of course its a scam, you recieved the link by e-mail, its not even a website from America or based in America, and theres no proof whatsoever that this is benefiting a court case or buying some guy a Ferrari in nigeria. NOT TO MENTION THE FACT that this has claimed to raise over 11 mill- any website that has raised over 11 mill Im pretty sure most of us would have heard of or seen before- this is a random site. RON PAUL's site didn't even get that much this month! So put that into perspective- this has SCAM written all over it.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
As System admin, in the business for 15+ years, I can tell you absolutely, for sure, without any doubt that this is NOT FOR REAL.
This is SO fake. I did not visit the IP and I would strongly advise against it, because you're gonna catch something nasty, that turns your pc into a spam spewing zombie bot. If you're lucky......

If you're not lucky, it will install some spyware or keylogger, so that if you're dumb enough to send him a western union wire, using your pc, he will get the rest of your money as well.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This site is a scam if only because its' use of the english language horrendous. The authors claim to be independent politicians, lawyers, etc. yet there are simple grammatical and spelling errors throughout the entire page. If you are going to try and convince me of anything, at least do it in a way that proves to me you are professional. I don't think a group that can't figure out how to spell check or edit are really capable of running "the biggest prosecution in history."

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

BlackOps, I was referring to this comment made by Michael:

Originally posted by Michael1977

I start to trust these people. And I really want Bush to be stopped.
I am thinking of donating. But I want somebody to talk with me about this project.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I'm sorry if this has already been pointed out.

The supporter quotes are lifted from various places on the net.

See for example:

here... Bush knew the Hurricane Katrina's devastating effects before storm hit New Orleans. He didn't ask a single question during the final briefing before Katrina struck, but he assured soon-to-be-battered state officials: "We are fully prepared".

and here... After screwing up that nation's economy to the point of a record high number of jobless Americans, Bush cut $200 million in funding to help retrain dislocated workers. If they're jobless, they can't pay their inflated working-class taxes, now can they?!

Obvious scam.

...and what a despicable and vile website.

[edit on 7-12-2007 by loam]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

It seems to me that this is evidence that anti-Bush conspiracy theorists are now seen as a prime target for 'give-me-your-money' scammers.

Anyone who would fall for 'Loose Change' or '9/11 Mysteries' or whatever is obviously fair game, and a few are going to be gullible enough to fall for 'give-me-your-money-to-prosecute-Bush' scams too.

They always have a keen nose for the vulnerable and the gullible. That's how they get rich.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Look people, this is the "next generation" email scam.
All of you that pointed out the discrepencies in the spelling, grammar and the like, are correct.

And as for the site itself, it could be anywhere in the world.
Anyone ever hear of Onion Routing?
The US Navy has a description.

Excerpt from this link: www.onion-router.net...
"Onion Routing prevents the transport medium from knowing who is communicating with whom -- the network knows only that communication is taking place. In addition, the content of the communication is hidden from eavesdroppers up to the point where the traffic leaves the OR network".

So, the host site could be your next door neighbor collecting the loot.

"Life is a test. If this were an actual life, you would have been told where to go and what to do".

Don't fall into the "actual life" catagory. Keep your hard earned money.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Without visiting the web site or doing any in depth investigating, this sounds to me like a scam. I mean, what better to take advantage of than the rabbid and often unfounded hatred that so many people in this world have for President Bush?

Asking whacko Bush-haters to donate to an alleged anti-Bush legal fund, and feeding them some b.s. about Bush planning to cancel the election is like asking the average person to donate to a legal fund to stop someone from cooking and eating live babies.

Anyone who sends a single dime to an organization like this, whether it even exists or not, deserves to have that money taken from them. That's just my two cents.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The IP is in Korea because that address is a proxy server, which means that someone is being very secretive about owning the website.

Cold someone run a spyware check, go to the website, then run another check to see if that's what this is all about? I'm on a mac or I'd do it (no insult to windows users).

I would be suspicious about the email. OP, if you tend to research material related to this email or post a lot about it then someone is monitoring what you go to. Spyware and virus scan and see if you come up with anything.

Given the number of spyware/viruses out there and the prevalence of using email to spread them, and the fact that it happens to be someone from ats that gets that email, I'd be suspicious of something along those lines.

UPDATE AFTER CLOSER LOOK AT SITE:

We need to raise $30 million to secure 135 material witnesses during the enforcement proceedings and to cover the tremendous legal expenses involved in the biggest prosecution in the history.

It is illeagle to pay witneses and you can't pay to prosecute someone. There would be no legal costs because the one responsible would be a federal prosecuter. Any use of this money in the way given above would be BRIBERY.

Scam, and apparently one that's pulled in 11 mil.

[edit on 7-12-2007 by avingard]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by avingard
It is illegal to pay witnesses and you can't pay to prosecute someone. There would be no legal costs because the one responsible would be a federal prosecuter. Any use of this money in the way given above would be BRIBERY.

Scam, and apparently one that's pulled in 11 mil.

Agreed wholeheartedly, except that I don't for one second believe that they've pulled in 11 million bucks. That claim is, itself, part and parcel of the scam.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
What if:

This is a scam run by the US Government! A sort of Home grown terrorist Dragnet operation!

This is a pretty scary thought but it must be considered - The Government could:

A. Find out which people or groups of people are radical enough to send money to fight the US government - possibly unwittingly to a terrorist front organization run by the CIA!

B.Then promptly discredit and criminalize conspiracy believers by implicating them as supporting such "terrorist" organizations.

C. Imprison, torture and make an example of such people considered to be such a threat to the current government administration.

Man - I hope for your sake that getting a letter like that doesn't mean you have already been targeted by the Feds and Cia spooks running Washington!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join