It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random email I received today

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
You can't remove a president from office by bringing him to court.
The only way to do it is through impeachment in the House and conviction in the Senate. There are no legal fees required of the "prosecution", which would consist of members of the House and their staffs.

Attorneys for the defense, however, could cost a good chunk of change.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
You can't remove a president from office by bringing him to court.
The only way to do it is through impeachment in the House and conviction in the Senate. There are no legal fees required of the "prosecution", which would consist of members of the House and their staffs.

Attorneys for the defense, however, could cost a good chunk of change.

They don't say that they will take Bush to the court

And they explain that money is to protect 135 witnesses.
And I think it is reasonable. So they need about 222k per 1 witness.
I think it is ok. It may cost you a lot to hide from government, don't u think? )

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I don't think anyone here will fall for this. The person who needs prosecuted is the person pulling this scam. I'm sorry I even clicked on the link. Explorer seized and crashed shortly after which always happens when something comes at the Firewall. Maybe the link should be removed from the post.

Tried again and same thing happened. Very suspicious. Glad to see my protection seems to be doing its job. Don't click on anything.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
michael1977... you have similar grammar, and you just registered today. Strange.

Stop trying to scam the gullibles on this website.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Similiar grammar??! Give me an example plz...

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Michael1977

That is ridiculous. They require *me* to hand over all my personal information - I cant just donate annoymously....yet they give me no personal information.

I just cant believe anyone would fall for this. But im sure there are some incredibily gullable people that this site preys on.

And yeah, you seem waaaaay to ready to jump and defend their cause. What a very strange FIRST post to make here. hmmmmmmmmm

[edit on 7-12-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I have to say that this email concerns me.

The OP states that ATS is the only 'conspiracy' site that they belong to. Somehow, they have been solicited by a stranger in Alpine Texas who somehow 'knew' to send them this email. No one else of us seems to have gotten the email, but it seems like the person who emailed the OP seems to have fortuitously sent it to someone interested in the topic.

How?

How did Lucy from Alpine get the email address? And is it really about money? That I am not so sure about. Personally, I have not visited the site because the idea seems too 'fishy' to me. There are too many security risks involved with going there, and not actually send money.

I am not an expert by any means, but it my understanding that through the use of cookies, web beacons, and loophole in the way flash loads external files, that they could in theory be mining your other cookies, similar to the way google analytics works, thus not working against Bush, but for him. I would be interested if any 'advanced' web types had more insight, and also if anyone who went to the website checked to make sure that it is 'safe', ie, They are not bombarding your adsl's ip within in minutes or something, like I said, I am no expert. I know enough to be careful, but not enough to tell if anything is actually happening ( except when my ip is getting pinged to death, I can tell that for sure...)

Either way, if their campaign was 'secret' posting a link here at ATS provided an open door for the web crawler robots, search engine or otherwise, and I am sure it is not secret anymore. An example would be to do a google search for the ip number/web address of the Korean site, I bet this ATS thread comes up now. (Indeed it did, and for me it was the number one rank). I have the feeling that it is a scam. If it is not a scam, the website won't be up at that location for long. Thats why they don't have a domain name for you to track either.

I recommend everyone who visited that site to check your cookies and such...
DocMoreau

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I did visit the site....and no issues with my computer.

I can take some screen shots for those interested

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I would regard this email with extraordinary skepticism. It reeks of scam to me...particularly where they'll only take western union. Rather than wondering "What if?", I would simply hit delete and forget about it.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Well, this is Alpine, TX:
Population around 6,000 Western type town.

www.city-data.com...

I really doubt that they really give a crap what is happening in Washington D.C. or about anywhere else, out there in Texas Country.

It reeks to me of a scam.

I bet they have nothing else to talk about except Bush out there. (/sarcasm)

Oh, that Bush, he is such a bad boy there in that thar Capital of Washington. Really? (/sarcasm)

If looks like a scam, it probably is a scam.

Actually Bush was Governor of Texas and they liked him in Texas.

It's a scam.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Can either of the members that received the email post the compete headers on the email message?

Somewhere (on your email client) there should be a setting to display all headers.

[edit on 12/7/2007 by roadgravel]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Here are some screen shots....
They are large....so Im just putting the html link

i80.photobucket.com...
i80.photobucket.com...
i80.photobucket.com...
i80.photobucket.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim_Kraken
Just sounds like another cynical scam from overseas to me.

Right. Only one aimed at paranoid Bush haters this time. Sounds to me like they have a chance to collect a lot of money from the many people in their "target audience" (here) that probably agree with this enough to ignore the warnings and say, "Where's my credit card?".

[edit on 12/7/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Hmmm, I seemed to have posted in bit of a haste, and didn't even see the 2nd page of posts, and then by the time i posted, there were 3 pages...

So I had not seen that there has been a supposed 2nd person receiving the email, who has Decided to join ATS. This seems highly suspect to many users here, that Michael1977 is new to ATS, says that he found us because of the email, and seems to be defending the site. Many users who have been here much longer than I have encountered numerous cases like this I am sure, where the perpetrator of a hoax comes to ATS in a last ditch effort to 'support the claims'.

So Michael, if in fact you are interested in what this supposed Korean Website is saying, I recommend that you do yourself the service of really listening to what others are saying here. There are numerous people here who would be willing to point you in the right direction to find out whatever 'truth' you are searching for. After which, you will perhaps see that this website seems more than 'fishy'. And honestly, the money you could spend on this would be better spent donating to Ron Paul's presidential campaign.
(I am not a supporter per se, but I can see the impact of his campaign)

Now Michael1977, if that is not the case, and you are not looking for the 'truth', but are here to try to keep your payday going long enough so that it is worthwhile, I think it would be in your best interest never to return to ATS. I am not accusing you, others seem to have. The cat is out of the bag so to speak, and if that cat is not on the 'up and up', ATS members relish debunking hucksters and fraudsters like children love candy. I am trying to make it plain and clear, whoever is doing this is going to be sorry, too many members love a good puzzle, and don't stop until its over.

Now to whomever said they could do some screenshots... please....

And to everyone else... I recommend 'we' stay as diligent as we can as to attacks like these. It is campaigns like this that continually make the search for truth appear to be for the gullible and eccentric.

I find it strange that someone would think that scamming 'bush bashers' is a good line of business, if you ask the MSM, there really aren't that very many of them.

DocMoreau

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
If anyone would like, I will be more than happy to forward the entire email to you for further observation. I apologize if that link has caused anyone to lose computer data or experience issues with their comp as that was not my intention when I started the thead.

I just thought it was an interesting email and considering the types of things discussed here on ATS I figured this would be a great place to post it and was hoping that someone would be able to make heads or tails of it.

Feel free to end me a U2U with an email address if you would like to see the original email.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

Now to whomever said they could do some screenshots... please....

I only did that because someone said they were having issues viewing the site. So, I helped him out a bit. Suppose I could have just U2Ud him...but I posted them instead, in case others were having issues.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Here is the original subject headline on the email:

Urgent: George W. Bush plans to cancel the 2008 election!

The actual sender name on the email is different from the one written in the actual body of the message, the name on the senders account is Betty Shearer.

Hope this helps

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michael1977

They don't say that they will take Bush to the court

And they explain that money is to protect 135 witnesses.
And I think it is reasonable. So they need about 222k per 1 witness.
I think it is ok. It may cost you a lot to hide from government, don't u think? )

Actually, the site makes reference to needing the money to commence the prosection, meaning start the lawsuit.

The website also makes reference to "securing witnesses." "Securing witnesses" does not mean "protecting witnesses." It means more along the lines of "procuring witnesses." It refers to contacting witnesses, deposing witnesses, gathering information, possibly hiring expert witnesses, etc. $222,000 for one witness is ridiculous. There is no way it would ever cost that much for one witness.

While there are more costs associated with filing a lawsuit and actually going to trial, this amount is still pretty ridiculous. Now, the defendant in a lawsuit might have legal fees up to $30 million and above, including settlement expenses.

You say you are considering donating? I wish I had money to waste like that.

[edit on 7-12-2007 by TheHypnoToad]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
are any of you taking this seriously?

this is such an obvious scam. The kind of thing I would have been phishing for back on aol 3.0,

mods need to delete this thread and ban the new users promoting this scam.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The headers show the routing for the mail. Much of the names and addresses that are shown on the email by the client program can be fake. i would be surprised to see the mail starting in Korea.

Korea seems to be junk mail central / scam central now a days.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join