It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough talk! Time for action!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I am all for revolution, but I think we cannot fight them because then they would start fighting us. That would give them the chance to do what they always wanted, kill the dissenters and rule the world.

Peaceful means? That's what I am trying to do. It's hard, because it is now just me a few friends here in Columbus. If anyone is from the area give me a U2U (I know there's a bunch of you on here too).

Get organized (have like.... a name and a business card)

Get Connected (internet)

Outreach (get bigger, this is a very large step)

Revolution (YAY!!!)

from the top down I call it DINSTAAR's Hierarchy of Revolution.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I dont know but I am fed up with the way things are going aswell....I think the first thing that needs to be done is the states need to start dropping from the union...But they will not do that,because the govt gives to much money to them so they can enforce their Gestapo laws on us and keep control....Like these sobriety check points for example...It is like living in Nazi Germany "Your Papers Please".... And I am also tired of people year after year saying vote them out....Yea right we do it and get the same old stuff...for another four years and it keeps getting worse.....Its almost scary to think about waking up the next day and see more bad news things are changing quikly and not for the better.....

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

Four easy steps to a peaceful revolution, huh? Well, I guess it's just that easy. I bet you even snapped your finger after you typed "Revolution !!!yay!!!" didn't you? Did it come to mind that people have done this since our incursion in Iraq? If you think peaceful revolution is the way to change things, take a look around and tell me if you see a difference in the past five years. I know for sure that things haven't changed all that much.

When is the last peaceful revolution of an industrialized nation you've heard of? Look at the outcome of your "peaceful revolution" in Burma. Dead monks floating downstream in all major water ways. Journalists being killed left and right. You think peace will solve your issues with government who doesn't care about it's most upstanding citizens?

A modern day revolution in the United States would be one of most difficult social actions you could undertake. There would be so many variables involved that would blow your mind.

Media manipulation.

Even if you and your comrades have the best intentions for the people of the United States, the powers that be have the most powerful weapon of all, and that, my friend is no tank, bomb, or gun, but the media. The media will turn you into the boogeyman so fast it would make your head spin. You would be "domestic terrorists" with no regard for human life, and people would hate you for it, subsequently thwarting your chance for any sort of recruitment or help from them a long the way.

Peaceful or otherwise?

Do you have guns? I don't know if you've seen the recent outcome of Burma, but I'm sure you wouldn't want to end up the same way as those peaceful protesters. These were unarmed people fighting for their common rights and were gunned down in the street. Do you think they care about you or your well being, when they're raping over your average upstanding citizen everyday? You're nothing to them and they'll take you out like every peaceful revolutionary. So do you risk death and the silence of your voice, or do you take up arms and fight fire with fire? I can tell you with the Black Panther party, there's definitely a benefit of being strong enough to shoot it out and smart enough to negotiate.

Sway the public?

How are you going to do that? This is nothing like Che's revolution where he could recruit farmers and the like. Everyone has 9 - 5's, families, mortgages, car payments. Do you really think you can swing those people onto your coattails with your revolution? Could you convince your common man to take up arms against his own country. Quit his job, give up his family, or even give up on his government? With the media coverage you'd receive, this man would be convinced you were an enemy, not a friend.

Tactics?

Who and what targets do you go for? We're not really "occupied" like parts of Chechnya, so there's not convoys rolling in and out of our neighborhoods. Who do you strike and why? The police force? Those are just men like you and I, doing their jobs to support their family. They would be on the front lines of every engagement. Could you really deal with their blood on your hands? What about army bases? Do you have the balls to kill innocent soldiers who are just doing what they're told? What is right? How do you make your presence felt without hurting innocent lives? Or will you be as evil as the men and women you're fighting and throw their lives away?

Evasion?

Where do you go when they find out just who you are? You have no money, no transportation, no hope of going back "home." Probably being a popular fugitive if you've pulled any of the actions listed above, who would you seek for help? Every policeman and federal agent would be on your # from the jump off Do you really think you could outsmart the people who find other people for a living?

Outcome?

What would you even be fighting for? That the whole of America change? What if the majority of America wants to just live how they were? Wouldn't your attempt at widespread revolution fail, if nobody coincided with your beliefs? What would you do then? What if the people did coincide with you, how would you reform the current mile long list of government? Who are you to say what's better for the American people as a whole?

You guys think I'm just being a prick when I tell you certain things, but have you thought about this at length at all? Seriously, at all? As much as Hollywood makes you think you can "rise up" and have a "revolution," it's a little more intricate than that.

I would love to hear all of your thoughts. I haven't been in a good debate for a little while. I'm fresh, so, let's get it!

[edit on 5-12-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I share your concerns, even though I live thousands of miles away, many of you have made a good start by supporting Dr Ron Paul, keep it up.
Over here in England, we have always been forced to pay extortionate fuel prices, and we tried boycotting the filling stations for a while, but it made no difference. This year, someone had a better idea, it just requires a little time to enact, the plan now is only to boycott one company, the biggest, that way we still get fuel and the biggest company starts to lose revenue. The hope is, that by doing so, may bring about a price war, we're not holding our breath though, only time will tell.
It's just one tactic that may help in some cases, it's the same one you would employ to deal with school bullies, take out the biggest one first.
Dont try to fight them all at once, start at the top and work your way down, and dont let them trick you into fighting each other [Civil War]
perfect depopulation plan, it's been done before,...learn.
Horsegiver.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
We need a plan

Okay, i have read through this thread, and although it looks like it will be very difficult, it is definitely possible. So what is the first step? We need to come up with some sort of an outline for a plan. Not a complete process from start to finish, but at least the start. For one, we should have enough people on ATS to get someone in each state of the United States to step up and "lead" that state. We should also be able to get a person to lead in many countries. This is basic, and the idea is to plant a seed that will hopefully grow and grow until we have a leader in not just every state, but every major city in the US. Also the other countries would grow and eventually have leaders spread out as well. These leaders will need to organize and start out in their city, spreading the word, recruiting etc, and then have a region, then the whole state will be covered, if all goes well. Once we get people set up in enough places, we would then start communicating ideas etc through other means (a forum isnt really the best place to lay out future plans.) So the first step should be to get people set up in as many places as possible. I am in Colorado Springs, CO and am ready to get this thing going. Who else is in?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Ah, ahem, you are late. If you just woke up, you perhaps should all smile.

The four actions that will be happening according to predictions and warnings are:

Starvation: (in case you did not know it, in a global economy as they want, farmers do not have to sell crops to one particular Nation, and since your President yesterday regarded as being of unsound mind stated, his brainless body won't be thinking today or yesterday or tomorrow.) Yes, though you may have to grow your own food, as other people Act Out.

Disease: According to the News, a China person died from bird flu just the other day - who had no contact with any type of fowl that would give him the disease - thus it may have mutated to be spread among humans -- as well as West Nile Virus -- and other such things as superbugs starting to go around this Planet -- including lately the adenovirius which has already killed some teenagers and others in this Nation the USA.

3. (According to Prediction) Radiation: I suppose the Democrats and Republicans think they will remain in this Nation, but what if they are fighting the Lord who wishes to Prove to Humans that God Exists?

4. (another biggy one) Bullet wounds: As they wind up their own selves tighter and tighter making the USA look worse and worse across the world, but also in a sense, condemning this Nation and the rest of the world, this Government of the USA is looking worse and worse all the time in respect to the rest of the world and the main countries that will even have the U.N. seemingly looking to be uninterested as it seems their only goals have been to be anti-social, aggressive, citing other Nations and generally creating an atmosphere that reeks of being WWIII and Armageddon, which according to some websites, is being done because the Devil is running the show because God decided that these people are from Hell.

Now, I suggest that you get busy and make a living in this World, because in the end, these type of people have only cared for themselves ever since when, and still are preaching to this day how everyone else to can to Hell, when it is almost clear in this World, that according to predictions and warnings that it is them who are only going back to Hell. Whatever it is, the world will now be Hell, due to Governments on this Planet, and again, they predict that people in this world do not know what to do, when it is clear, that nothing will save their lives, since they are some type of Saviour which they are not. They never intended to help out anyone except to be selfish, arrogant, and really non-praying nor like little bully school boys, ever practiced what they preach, but always have preached some kind of double standard, that if according to other websites, it won't be allowed anymore in this World -- according to the Nature of this Universe interwoven through the Grand Design of God, and not of their own Human Demon Natures.

Well, I got work to do, so there it is in a nutshell, according to others, some of whom I really do not know, and have never meant but there it is -- all on the Internet.

I can only suggest this but it is only a suggestion:

developer.nvidia.com...

Next if you are so inclined -- try MASM or something similiar like TASM - different programs and free downloads, since you even can download it from Microsoft with the older versions of MASM.

www.movsd.com...

ghirai.com...

General book online>................
webster.cs.ucr.edu...

www.deinmeister.de...

www.jorgon.freeserve.co.uk...

doc.ddart.net...

Read the page though.....................
www.microsoft.com...

www.intel.com...

www.microsoft.com...

msdn2.microsoft.com...

And do not forget if you want to also try this out:

www.gamespot.com...

Now, get plenty of bed rest (sleep), exercise, (stand up on the computer and run in place and put bricks underneath to add to the height of your computer) eat healthy, and take care of yourselves.

In no way is any link given as an endorsement or advertisement in any way shape of form.

Spend your time as you wish, but do not expect some people to make any sense perhaps anymore in this World. They never liked people that much, because to me, they do not even like theirselves. Waiting for them like Hurricane Katrina is not really what you wanted to do.

The sun is going though a sunspot cycle which may add to global warming, and knowing perhaps how to Can Food and Grow it may become important. Look to the Survival Section of the forum for further details about any of that.

Ah, time is limited perhaps now, so:

How do your feel?

I have work to do, but like to spend more time about any of this, but then time is limited in I only have a 24 hour day.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
A general strike or work stoppage to get attention is a great idea, unfortunately it will never happen in modern times. You may have noticed that people just don't care anymore. They have become good little sheeple and they are too drowsy to even notice.

I see it every day in the destruction of the unions, organizations which stood up to corporate facism and now face completely disbanding due to the simple fact that people just don't care. You can't even get 200 people in a company to stand up together in this day and age, never mind millions of workers.

It is too late anyway, western oil dependant civilization teeters on the brink of collapse and nothing anyone could do will stop that now. This was the inevitable end to a fractional reserve banking system and they have known it all along.

If you want to make a difference try to raise awareness for the need to start planning post crash communities, where old skills like farming and animal husbandry will be what keeps people alive. You are wasting your time getting angry at the banks and the politicians, the damage was done long ago and people were more than happy to line up at the trough and pig out along with the rest of humanity.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
My opinion is that you must first study those you oppose. Miamoto Mushashi once said " To become your opponents greatest enemy you must first become his best friend." This is true here. Do you really think starting a small protest will work? It took years of planning and controlling to get where they are now. I don't think they are stupid. You shouldn't either. These people have had time and money to spend on their conquest. Yes, you have to get the people behind you. Can you afford to buy out CNN? Would Red Ted even sell? It takes years of planning and scheming to accomplish. Do you have what it takes to play their game? Could you really work over your own people? They did and didn't bat an eye. It can be done. Not in the way you prescribe. It needs to start slowly and secretly and worked from all angles, people, power, money, control. Stealth and deception will get you farther than standing up and protesting. Operating in plain sight must be your subterfuge. You must have control before they wake up and realize what is going on. It is what they did. It is what works. I believe it is must now be done again.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think I know the place from where mek12 motivation for writing this comes from and I couldn't agree more. For me, it is a feeling of frustration from those accusing us of "whining" while doing nothing to solve the problems their are no easy solutions for. He is frustrated knowing that without the 50-80 million it would take to get elected for a job that doesn't pay a tenth of that in salary, not even Abe Lincoln could get elected if he ran today. He was simply not photogenic and too disheveled in his appearance, too poor and too damn honest. Frankly I think the American Idol Television show could come up with a better format to discover the Next Great American President, then the system we have now.

I applaud his contribution taking the time to write in a public forum his displeasure of our nations status quo. He is not alone and it is true,,

Our status is woe

That leaves us other options to make changes, they are anarchy, revolution, violence etc. Those rallying cries bode well for those who need to vent their frustration as a catharsis to sublimate that mix of frustration, anger etc. Mek12 used this forum to vent his. In an era of a two party system that has no philosophical distinction that separates them, no moral examples of integrity that makes them the better man or woman for the job then you or I and not one with a backbone in the body, here we are with our country in the most serious trouble it has ever been in.

I have been around before the world twice and a Vietnam era veteran and have lived seeing the Kennedy assassination . I have something in common with the creator of this topic. Don't listen to those thinking you should quit bitching and start doing something. You have done something and the pen is STILL mightier then the sword.

I know you are feeling discouraged at times mek12 but you are not alone and their are those with more influence more notoriety and the money to get elected if they chose to but they too see the same things that make that option very close to ridiculous. He is a patriot like you who chose to write as his part of a call to action and the role he plays is no less whining then you or I but a hell of a lot more effective then the finger pointers calling us that or those suggesting we grab our guns yelling revolution. Someone like you who is screaming WAKE UP YOU APATHETIC MORONS, THIS # IS SERIOUS.

To get involved, read, write, turn off that bull# gossip about Paris, Britney they call news journalism and research the real news. Get the word out Get Registered Get Educated about the issues and VOTE. This may be the last chance we have before we are referring to America as the "Late Great United States" so choose wisely our next leader for who ever it is is going to inherit ONE HELL OF A MESS.

mek12 I will offer this as a reference for you,, to give you some information and to inspire you to greater methods for change.

If you like the below quote from the author whose name I am sure you'll recognise then read the entire book,, it will help and inform you a great deal

- Con

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Where have all the
LEADERS GONE?!!
By Lee Iacocca.

Had Enough?

Am I the only guy in this country who's fed up with what's happening? Where the hell is our outrage? We should be screaming bloody murder. We've got a gang of clueless bozos steering our ship of state right over a cliff, we've got corporate gangsters stealing us blind, and we can't even clean up after a hurricane much less build a hybrid car. But instead of getting mad, everyone sits around and nods their heads when the politicians say, "Stay the course."

Stay the course? You've got to be kidding. This is America, not the damned Titanic. I'll give you a sound bite: Throw the bums out!

You might think I'm getting senile, that I've gone off my rocker, and maybe I have. But someone has to speak up. I hardly recognize this country anymore. The President of the United States is given a free pass to ignore the Constitution, tap our phones, and lead us to war on a pack of lies. Congress responds to record deficits by passing a huge tax cut for the wealthy (thanks, but I don't need it). The most famous business leaders are not the innovators but the guys in handcuffs. While we're fiddling in Iraq, the Middle East is burning and nobody seems to know what to do. And the press is waving pom-poms instead of asking hard questions. That's not the promise of America my parents and yours traveled across the ocean for. I've had enough. How about you?

I'll go a step further. You can't call yourself a patriot if you're not outraged. This is a fight I'm ready and willing to have.

My friends tell me to calm down. They say, "Lee, you're eighty-two years old. Leave the rage to the young people." I'd love to—as soon as I can pry them away from their iPods for five seconds and get them to pay attention. I'm going to speak up because it's my patriotic duty. I think people will listen to me. They say I have a reputation as a straight shooter. So I'll tell you how I see it, and it's not pretty, but at least it's real. I'm hoping to strike a nerve in those young folks who say they don't vote because they don't trust politicians to represent their interests. Hey, America, wake up. These guys work for us.

Who Are These Guys, Anyway?

Why are we in this mess? How did we end up with this crowd in Washington? Well, we voted for them—or at least some of us did. But I'll tell you what we didn't do. We didn't agree to suspend the Constitution. We didn't agree to stop asking questions or demanding answers. Some of us are sick and tired of people who call free speech treason. Where I come from that's a dictatorship, not a democracy.

And don't tell me it's all the fault of right-wing Republicans or liberal Democrats. That's an intellectually lazy argument, and it's part of the reason we're in this stew. We're not just a nation of factions. We're a people. We share common principles and ideals. And we rise and fall together.

Where are the voices of leaders who can inspire us to action and make us stand taller? What happened to the strong and resolute party of Lincoln? What happened to the courageous, populist party of FDR and Truman? There was a time in this country when the voices of great leaders lifted us up and made us want to do better. Where have all the leaders gone?

The Test of a Leader

I've never been Commander in Chief, but I've been a CEO. I understand a few things about leadership at the top. I've figured out nine points—not ten (I don't want people accusing me of thinking I'm Moses). I call them the "Nine Cs of Leadership." They're not fancy or complicated. Just clear, obvious qualities that every true leader should have. We should look at how the current administration stacks up. Like it or not, this crew is going to be around until January 2009. Maybe we can learn something before we go to the polls in 2008. Then let's be sure we use the leadership test to screen the candidates who say they want to run the country. It's up to us to choose wisely.

So, here's my C list:

A leader has to show CURIOSITY. He has to listen to people outside of the "Yes, sir" crowd in his inner circle. He has to read voraciously, because the world is a big, complicated place. George W. Bush brags about never reading a newspaper. "I just scan the headlines," he says. Am I hearing this right? He's the President of the United States and he never reads a newspaper? Thomas Jefferson once said, "Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate for a moment to prefer the latter." Bush disagrees. As long as he gets his daily hour in the gym, with Fox News piped through the sound system, he's ready to go.

If a leader never steps outside his comfort zone to hear different ideas, he grows stale. If he doesn't put his beliefs to the test, how does he know he's right? The inability to listen is a form of arrogance. It means either you think you already know it all, or you just don't care. Before the 2006 election, George Bush made a big point of saying he didn't listen to the polls. Yeah, that's what they all say when the polls stink. But maybe he should have listened, because 70 percent of the people were saying he was on the wrong track. It took a "thumping" on election day to wake him up, but even then you got the feeling he wasn't listening so much as he was calculating how to do a better job of convincing everyone he was right.

A leader has to be CREATIVE, go out on a limb, be willing to try something different. You know, think outside the box. George Bush prides himself on never changing, even as the world around him is spinning out of control. God forbid someone should accuse him of flip-flopping. There's a disturbingly messianic fervor to his certainty. Senator Joe Biden recalled a conversation he had with Bush a few months after our troops marched into Baghdad. Joe was in the Oval Office outlining his concerns to the President—the explosive mix of Shiite and Sunni, the disbanded Iraqi army, the problems securing the oil fields. "The President was serene," Joe recalled. "He told me he was sure that we were on the right course and that all would be well. 'Mr. President,' I finally said, 'how can you be so sure when you don't yet know all the facts?'" Bush then reached over and put a steadying hand on Joe's shoulder. "My instincts," he said. "My instincts." Joe was flabbergasted. He told Bush, "Mr. President, your instincts aren't good enough." Joe Biden sure didn't think the matter was settled. And, as we all know now, it wasn't.

Leadership is all about managing change—whether you're leading a company or leading a country. Things change, and you get creative. You adapt. Maybe Bush was absent the day they covered that at Harvard Business School.

A leader has to COMMUNICATE. I'm not talking about running off at the mouth or spouting sound bites. I'm talking about facing reality and telling the truth. Nobody in the current administration seems to know how to talk straight anymore. Instead, they spend most of their time trying to convince us that things are not really as bad as they seem. I don't know if it's denial or dishonesty, but it can start to drive you crazy after a while. Communication has to start with telling the truth, even when it's painful. The war in Iraq has been, among other things, a grand failure of communication. Bush is like the boy who didn't cry wolf when the wolf was at the door. After years of being told that all is well, even as the casualties and chaos mount, we've stopped listening to him.

A leader has to be a person of CHARACTER. That means knowing the difference between right and wrong and having the guts to do the right thing. Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you want to test a man's character, give him power." George Bush has a lot of power. What does it say about his character? Bush has shown a willingness to take bold action on the world stage because he has the power, but he shows little regard for the grievous consequences. He has sent our troops (not to mention hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi citizens) to their deaths—for what? To build our oil reserves? To avenge his daddy because Saddam Hussein once tried to have him killed? To show his daddy he's tougher? The motivations behind the war in Iraq are questionable, and the execution of the war has been a disaster. A man of character does not ask a single soldier to die for a failed policy.

A leader must have COURAGE. I'm talking about balls. (That even goes for female leaders.) Swagger isn't courage. Tough talk isn't courage. George Bush comes from a blue-blooded Connecticut family, but he likes to talk like a cowboy. You know, My gun is bigger than your gun. Courage in the twenty-first century doesn't mean posturing and bravado. Courage is a commitment to sit down at the negotiating table and talk.

If you're a politician, courage means taking a position even when you know it will cost you votes. Bush can't even make a public appearance unless the audience has been handpicked and sanitized. He did a series of so-called town hall meetings last year, in auditoriums packed with his most devoted fans. The questions were all softballs.

To be a leader you've got to have CONVICTION—a fire in your belly. You've got to have passion. You've got to really want to get something done. How do you measure fire in the belly? Bush has set the all-time record for number of vacation days taken by a U.S. President—four hundred and counting. He'd rather clear brush on his ranch than immerse himself in the business of governing. He even told an interviewer that the high point of his presidency so far was catching a seven-and-a-half-pound perch in his hand-stocked lake.

It's no better on Capitol Hill. Congress was in session only ninety-seven days in 2006. That's eleven days less than the record set in 1948, when President Harry Truman coined the term do-nothing Congress . Most people would expect to be fired if they worked so little and had nothing to show for it. But Congress managed to find the time to vote itself a raise. Now, that's not leadership.

A leader should have CHARISMA. I'm not talking about being flashy. Charisma is the quality that makes people want to follow you. It's the ability to inspire. People follow a leader because they trust him. That's my definition of charisma. Maybe George Bush is a great guy to hang out with at a barbecue or a ball game. But put him at a global summit where the future of our planet is at stake, and he doesn't look very presidential. Those frat-boy pranks and the kidding around he enjoys so much don't go over that well with world leaders. Just ask German Chancellor Angela Merkel, who received an unwelcome shoulder massage from our President at a G-8 Summit. When he came up behind her and started squeezing, I thought she was going to go right through the roof.

A leader has to be COMPETENT. That seems obvious, doesn't it? You've got to know what you're doing. More important than that, you've got to surround yourself with people who know what they're doing. Bush brags about being our first MBA President. Does that make him competent? Well, let's see. Thanks to our first MBA President, we've got the largest deficit in history, Social Security is on life support, and we've run up a half-a-trillion-dollar price tag (so far) in Iraq. And that's just for starters. A leader has to be a problem solver, and the biggest problems we face as a nation seem to be on the back burner.

You can't be a leader if you don't have COMMON SENSE. I call this Charlie Beacham's rule. When I was a young guy just starting out in the car business, one of my first jobs was as Ford's zone manager in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. My boss was a guy named Charlie Beacham, who was the East Coast regional manager. Charlie was a big Southerner, with a warm drawl, a huge smile, and a core of steel. Charlie used to tell me, "Remember, Lee, the only thing you've got going for you as a human being is your ability to reason and your common sense. If you don't know a dip of horse# from a dip of vanilla ice cream, you'll never make it." George Bush doesn't have common sense. He just has a lot of sound bites. You know— Mr.they'll-welcome-us-as-liberators-no-child-left-behind-heck-of-a-job-Brownie-mission-accomplished Bush.

Former President Bill Clinton once said, "I grew up in an alcoholic home. I spent half my childhood trying to get into the reality-based world—and I like it here."

I think our current President should visit the real world once in a while.

The Biggest C is Crisis

Leaders are made, not born. Leadership is forged in times of crisis. It's easy to sit there with your feet up on the desk and talk theory. Or send someone else's kids off to war when you've never seen a battlefield yourself. It's another thing to lead when your world comes tumbling down.

On September 11, 2001, we needed a strong leader more than any other time in our history. We needed a steady hand to guide us out of the ashes. Where was George Bush? He was reading a story about a pet goat to kids in Florida when he heard about the attacks. He kept sitting there for twenty minutes with a baffled look on his face. It's all on tape. You can see it for yourself. Then, instead of taking the quickest route back to Washington and immediately going on the air to reassure the panicked people of this country, he decided it wasn't safe to return to the White House. He basically went into hiding for the day—and he told Vice President Dick Cheney to stay put in his bunker. We were all frozen in front of our TVs, scared out of our wits, waiting for our leaders to tell us that we were going to be okay, and there was nobody home. It took Bush a couple of days to get his bearings and devise the right photo op at Ground Zero.

That was George Bush's moment of truth, and he was paralyzed. And what did he do when he'd regained his composure? He led us down the road to Iraq—a road his own father had considered disastrous when he was President. But Bush didn't listen to Daddy. He listened to a higher father. He prides himself on being faith based, not reality based. If that doesn't scare the crap out of you, I don't know what will.

A Hell of a Mess

So here's where we stand. We're immersed in a bloody war with no plan for winning and no plan for leaving. We're running the biggest deficit in the history of the country. We're losing the manufacturing edge to Asia, while our once-great companies are getting slaughtered by health care costs. Gas prices are skyrocketing, and nobody in power has a coherent energy policy. Our schools are in trouble. Our borders are like sieves. The middle class is being squeezed every which way. These are times that cry out for leadership.

But when you look around, you've got to ask: "Where have all the leaders gone?" Where are the curious, creative communicators? Where are the people of character, courage, conviction, competence, and common sense? I may be a sucker for alliteration, but I think you get the point.

Name me a leader who has a better idea for homeland security than making us take off our shoes in airports and throw away our shampoo? We've spent billions of dollars building a huge new bureaucracy, and all we know how to do is react to things that have already happened.

Name me one leader who emerged from the crisis of Hurricane Katrina. Congress has yet to spend a single day evaluating the response to the hurricane, or demanding accountability for the decisions that were made in the crucial hours after the storm. Everyone's hunkering down, fingers crossed, hoping it doesn't happen again. Now, that's just crazy. Storms happen. Deal with it. Make a plan. Figure out what you're going to do the next time.

Name me an industry leader who is thinking creatively about how we can restore our competitive edge in manufacturing. Who would have believed that there could ever be a time when "the Big Three" referred to Japanese car companies? How did this happen—and more important, what are we going to do about it?

Name me a government leader who can articulate a plan for paying down the debt, or solving the energy crisis, or managing the health care problem. The silence is deafening. But these are the crises that are eating away at our country and milking the middle class dry.

I have news for the gang in Congress. We didn't elect you to sit on your asses and do nothing and remain silent while our democracy is being hijacked and our greatness is being replaced with mediocrity. What is everybody so afraid of? That some bobblehead on Fox News will call them a name? Give me a break. Why don't you guys show some spine for a change?

Had Enough?

Hey, I'm not trying to be the voice of gloom and doom here. I'm trying to light a fire. I'm speaking out because I have hope.

I believe in America. In my lifetime I've had the privilege of living through some of America's greatest moments. I've also experienced some of our worst crises—the Great Depression, World War II, the Korean War, the Kennedy assassination, the Vietnam War, the 1970s oil crisis, and the struggles of recent years culminating with 9/11. If I've learned one thing, it's this:

You don't get anywhere by standing on the sidelines waiting for somebody else to take action. Whether it's building a better car or building a better future for our children, we all have a role to play. That's the challenge I'm raising in this book. It's a call to action for people who, like me, believe in America. It's not too late, but it's getting pretty close. So let's shake off the horse# and go to work. Let's tell 'em all we've had enough.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Revolution is a complex thing. Look at history.. We've had successful revolutions in Mexico and Cuba only. They were both armed, and both hit hard enough for the government to negotiate instead of retaliate. The only semi-peaceful revolution has just come in Bolivia, but being in that situation, I'm not really surprised.

America is different turf. We don't have natives who are being literally starved and pushed off their land by forceful means. The only thing our system has done wrong is enslaved us to lifestyles. Is that really their fault? I use this term a lot, but it's the "nature of the beast." How can you fight something that exists only in individual outcome, and varied at that?

Sounds like your shadow boxing grim reapers.

The best thing you could possibly do is become educated and try and change the system from the inside. Work as a virus.

Although, I can see where a massive workers strike would be cause for alarm. But with that production strike, you'd have to take the same action with consumerism. If even a minority would stop producing/buying, there would be all hell breaking loose in state and even federal markets.

I doubt there's need for something as extreme as a revolution, but definitely massive reforms on the local, state, and federal levels. I agree that we can't sit back and watch our families, friends, and neighbors be grazed over by the system like grass to cattle.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

actually there was a revolution in England in the 1600's and not one person died, it was called the great revolution or something like that ( just learned about that in school today ).

there do need to be reforms, like someone mentioned above take out the largest most powerful corperations first and work you way down, this should also be done with people in the government.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by coryblood

Although there may be general similarities, modern day America and 1600's England is a completely different situation. That was more a political shift than it was a full blown "revolution."

When you're talking about revolution, you're talking about some serious #. The only comparison I can see in modern day terms might be the overthrow of the Shah in Iran. Those people were ready for war! They had risen up and took what they felt was rightfully theirs. In turn creating the most democratic nation in the Middle East. Also what can be considered to be the most "liberal" nation in the region, as well.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I'm all for a peaceful revolution myself.

Unfortunately, history tells us that a peaceful revolution is DAMN NEAR out of the question.

It is not impossible; considering everything is possible (in my opinion). But we have to stand up for what we believe in, which is freedom.

The people who have been given power in the past, never want to give it up. Government workers, police, dictators, teachers; at all ends of the spectrum- if you give someone power over another person or another class of people; they WILL NOT give that power up. As a matter of FACT, they will do everything in their power (which they will manipulate as much as possible to make it more than it was before) to keep from losing that power.

Again, I'm am a supporter of a peaceful revolution. And for that to happen, we must all tell our friends and family about Ron Paul.

Unfortunately (as is a common term in this day and age) the adminstation will do whatever they can to keep Ron Paul out of the office. It is up to us to do what we can to make the peaceful revolution happen.

If that doesn't work, we must take our inspiration from the FOUNDING FATHERS, and put our own asses on the line, for the sake of our brethren.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jmilla

I don't think a peaceful movement is completely out of the question. With enough numbers and popular support, anything can be achieved. I also believe the only way a peaceful coup could work is if it had protection. Protection from those of us who believe in our second amendment rights. Hint hint.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
K this is way off topic- years ago I was in New York City at the Plaza Hotel (at the time Trump Plaza) Anyways, I drove a remote-controlled car over LEE IACOCCA'S foot! In the place where the Home Alone kid slid around. Yeah it was funny.

He said, " At least it's a Chrysler!"

I $#@$ you not.

And it was not even a Chrysler, but I guess he's a nice guy.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mek12

I post this stuff often. The problem is, there is not a movement. We all want to sit here and theorize. I'l help you out with anything necessary. I just want you to know, I may be very very alone.

Everyone has their own thing to be worried about. It may not be what you are trying to make important.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mek12

Just wait for the next Election to be rigged.

Then everyone & his dog will pick up a pitch fork & storm the whitehouse

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Well I heard thatwhen USA falls it is sudden like straight into civil war divided into three.How could this happen well I reckon that something really earth shaking happens. Something that will bring the anger out in all I wonder what could do that. Well in my opinion the dominos are going to fall and sooner or later the Truth about 9/11 I believe will be the major catalyst that creates this anger. Its just an idea and one that I feel worth watching. How would you individually react personally. I also would say all the defence personel would defend their state . Thus causing the civil war.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Would it be possible to create a kind of top 100 chart of companies involved in unpleasant, unAmerican, activities, that anyone could access, who market products that can be boycotted?
Or does one exist already?
Information is vital, if ordinary people are to be able to help in the fight for freedom.
Horsegiver.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join